Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transplantees 11:12 - Jul 26 with 1823 viewsTenbySwan

Having to have an organ transplant is a big blow especially for young people, but there are a couple of Youth workers now employed who are coordinating sport activities including a Wales Transplant Football Team who won the Silver medal at the last British Transplant Games for Transplantees and live donors.

Transplant sport is based on hospitals and the Wales team is drawn mainly from Cardiff and Swansea hospitals(Most North Walians tend to go to Liverpool or Manchester)

If you know someone who would like to or would benefit from being involved contact this guy on Facebook or PM me.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=360415378962514&id=1000498216441

We need your help!!

We want more and more Welsh based transplantees to get involved in sports for their own health and recovery.
But we can’t do it on our own!!
If you know anyone with a Cornea, Heart, Kidney, Liver, Lung, Pancreas transplants PLEASE TAG, LIKE and FOLLOW us!!

Equally if your a donor family, a transplant family member and want to be involved behind the scenes in a voluntary capacity please get in touch 😊
#corneatransplant #hearttransplant #kidneytransplant #livertransplant #lungtransplant #pancreastransplant #donor #organdonor #organtransplant
@cornealtransplantsupportgroup @heart_transplant_families_uk @british_liver_trust @theliverfoundation @cldfonline @kidney_wales @kidneycareuk @b.braun_uk @paulpophamfund @pancreaticcanuk @nhsorgandonor @fraserbearbates @nhscharitiestogether @nhsengland @aneurinbevanuhb @publichealthwales @gtfm_radio @seneddwales @seneddcymru @transplantsport
[Post edited 27 Jul 2021 22:09]
Transplantees on 17:12 - Jul 26 with 1732 viewstrampie

Great cause.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Transplantees on 18:21 - Jul 26 with 1709 viewsFlashberryjack

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Transplantees on 14:08 - Jul 27 with 1603 viewsTenbySwan

Transplant sport teams including football have been based on hospitals, but Heath Cardiff and Morriston have joined forces to create the Wales team, other teams are places like Liverpool, Birmingham, Leeds, Glasgow, London , Oxford etc who compete in the British Transplant games, last held in Newport in 2019. Where Wales won the silver medal in the football.
2020 in Coventry and 2021 in Leeds both sadly called off due to Covid.

The last World Games were in Newcastle in 2019, where team GB won the Gold in the football, beating Holland in the final, having previously beaten Finland, France and Italy.

The games are usually 6 a side , 10m each way.

Now an 11 a side Wales team is being formed and it has just been announced that Wales Transplant Team have been invited to play the England Transplant team at St George's park home of the English FA , with the game scheduled for February 2022. The Wales team will then host The Netherlands Transplant team in March.

Wales are also hoping to take part in the Very first Football Transplant World Cup in Italy. This was due to take place this year but is awaiting rescheduling post covid

Wales players, indeed all players will be watched for selection for the next Team GB team at the next World Transplant Games in Perth Australia in 2023. (Sadly the World games in 2021, at Texas , were called off due to Covid).

Most sports are competed, athletics, swimming, golf, archery etc. Even darts!
[Post edited 27 Jul 2021 22:06]
Transplantees on 09:35 - Jul 30 with 1383 viewsCountyJim

I have opted out of the organ donation list but told my family three who are in the medical profession to do what they think is best when I pass away

I've said before my mother who was a nursing sister she always said that they are always to quick to take organs

She'd witnessed people who had families told they had no chance of surviving yet gone on to make a full recovery

So told my family to make the decision based on medical facts
Transplantees on 00:11 - Aug 1 with 1334 viewsTenbySwan

Transplantees on 09:35 - Jul 30 by CountyJim

I have opted out of the organ donation list but told my family three who are in the medical profession to do what they think is best when I pass away

I've said before my mother who was a nursing sister she always said that they are always to quick to take organs

She'd witnessed people who had families told they had no chance of surviving yet gone on to make a full recovery

So told my family to make the decision based on medical facts

Absolute crap
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024