Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alan Knill in the mix now 13:00 - Jul 29 with 2609 viewsKeithHaynes

Just left his post at Sheffield United, I’m not sure he would come with Wilder, more than likely as a manager. Could be wrong, but Wilder is far too expensive for the swans finances as it stands.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Alan Knill in the mix now on 13:14 - Jul 29 with 2462 viewsReslovenSwan1

Ex Swansea player in the bad old days. An Anglo Welsh international. I remember him marking Ruud Gullet out of the game in one dogged Welsh performance.

However he has managed 5 lower league teams. He did well at Bury for a while but elsewhere his numbers are dreadful at Torquay and Rotherham.

No more than a a safe pair of hands from what i can see.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Alan Knill in the mix now on 13:17 - Jul 29 with 2435 viewsdonkonky

Alan Knill in the mix now on 13:14 - Jul 29 by ReslovenSwan1

Ex Swansea player in the bad old days. An Anglo Welsh international. I remember him marking Ruud Gullet out of the game in one dogged Welsh performance.

However he has managed 5 lower league teams. He did well at Bury for a while but elsewhere his numbers are dreadful at Torquay and Rotherham.

The most uninspiring name yet. I have a feeling it will be Knill with Tate as assistant.
Alan Knill in the mix now on 13:18 - Jul 29 with 2430 viewscymrojack

I quote the Athletic :-

“I am a coach who can manage,” he (Knill) says. “A proper manager has to love managing, and I didn’t. I fell into it at Rotherham. Once you are in, that is it – you are stuck in it.

“Once I became Chris’s (Wilder) assistant at Northampton, I had found the role that made me most comfortable. We work well together.”

Richard Sutcliffe, Feb 29, 2020
[Post edited 29 Jul 2021 13:19]

Gwynedd & Swansea - Veteran of Morriston Boys Club

Alan Knill in the mix now on 13:28 - Jul 29 with 2337 viewsAjack_Kerouac

This is now embarrassing.

Yes a "shambles".

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

Alan Knill in the mix now on 13:32 - Jul 29 with 2295 viewsItchySphincter

Alan Knill in the mix now on 13:28 - Jul 29 by Ajack_Kerouac

This is now embarrassing.

Yes a "shambles".

pfffft ....

It's nothing new.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Alan Knill in the mix now on 13:36 - Jul 29 with 2253 viewsThornburyswan

Seems strange timing with Wilder supposedly back for his hols today too & Knill hands his ticket in - if they were up for it could work on a sensible, for us, salary plus significant bonus IF promoted.

Appreciate he’d want a player transfer pot but literally no-one outside the parachute payment teams is spending money in the Championship & they have all done their manager changes at least for now.
Alan Knill in the mix now on 13:43 - Jul 29 with 2202 viewsvetchonian

Alan Knill in the mix now on 13:17 - Jul 29 by donkonky

The most uninspiring name yet. I have a feeling it will be Knill with Tate as assistant.

Two ex defenders together!!!
People will be crying for Cooperball back

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Alan Knill in the mix now on 13:52 - Jul 29 with 2153 viewsBillyChong

Alan Knill in the mix now on 13:36 - Jul 29 by Thornburyswan

Seems strange timing with Wilder supposedly back for his hols today too & Knill hands his ticket in - if they were up for it could work on a sensible, for us, salary plus significant bonus IF promoted.

Appreciate he’d want a player transfer pot but literally no-one outside the parachute payment teams is spending money in the Championship & they have all done their manager changes at least for now.

Wilder had a substantial budget at Sheff Utd, no way will he take this job
Login to get fewer ads

Alan Knill in the mix now on 14:02 - Jul 29 with 2101 viewsReslovenSwan1

Alan Knill in the mix now on 13:52 - Jul 29 by BillyChong

Wilder had a substantial budget at Sheff Utd, no way will he take this job

He did not have a huge budget at Northamption (was it?) or with Sheff Utd in league 1. He is a Swansea admirer having been beaten twice by Potter and taking McBurnie and Brewster on board. He will have watched Swansea games quite a lot.

Swansea is a great job for a club builder like Wilder. Brick by brick. He struggled like Swansea did when given access to a big budget. Swansea brought in Bony2, Sanches, Clucas and Abraham and bombed. Wilder brought in McBurnie, Brewster, Ampadu the highly rated Norwegan and bombed even worse.

He will know the young prospects on Swanasea's book and the like of Bennett Fulton Roberts Smith Bidwell Manning etc. The US owners are sophisticated enough to know top 6 is the best they can anticipate this season.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Alan Knill in the mix now on 14:06 - Jul 29 with 2079 views34dfgdf54

You don't go from John Eustace, who has experience only at Non League level and current assistant manager at a team that finished below us last year, being offered the job and subsequently turning it down, personal reasons or not, to Chris Wilder.

Not going to happen.

Alan Knill wouldn't surprise me at all, I know nothing of him in the slightest, was here before my time I think, but it would be in the market we are currently shopping in, no doubt.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2021 14:06]
Alan Knill in the mix now on 14:15 - Jul 29 with 2005 viewsBadlands

Alan Knill in the mix now on 14:06 - Jul 29 by 34dfgdf54

You don't go from John Eustace, who has experience only at Non League level and current assistant manager at a team that finished below us last year, being offered the job and subsequently turning it down, personal reasons or not, to Chris Wilder.

Not going to happen.

Alan Knill wouldn't surprise me at all, I know nothing of him in the slightest, was here before my time I think, but it would be in the market we are currently shopping in, no doubt.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2021 14:06]

Major change in approach over the last 24 hours being reported. So, who knows.
Also
'Russell Martin has been made aware of the swans interest despite reports to the contrary, however his assistant Matthew Gill is reluctant to leave the project they have at MK Dons without clear assurances from Swansea City as to the financial situation at the Liberty.'
My take on that …
We've been looking for a manger who doesn’t, necessarily, bring his backroom team with him.
But, do we want a manager whose assistant vetoes his boss?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Alan Knill in the mix now on 14:23 - Jul 29 with 1964 views34dfgdf54

Alan Knill in the mix now on 14:15 - Jul 29 by Badlands

Major change in approach over the last 24 hours being reported. So, who knows.
Also
'Russell Martin has been made aware of the swans interest despite reports to the contrary, however his assistant Matthew Gill is reluctant to leave the project they have at MK Dons without clear assurances from Swansea City as to the financial situation at the Liberty.'
My take on that …
We've been looking for a manger who doesn’t, necessarily, bring his backroom team with him.
But, do we want a manager whose assistant vetoes his boss?

Why would you come to that conclusion? That just tells me that Matthew Gill and Russell Martin have weighed up the move, and think with the resources we currently have here that it's too much of a risk when they are half way through a project elsewhere and making a name for themselves.

We aren't shopping in the market that gives you managers with a track record like Wilder. No way. I would love nothing more than this to be bumped later with me being wrong, but i'd be amazed.
Alan Knill in the mix now on 14:30 - Jul 29 with 1912 viewsBoundy

Alan Knill in the mix now on 13:43 - Jul 29 by vetchonian

Two ex defenders together!!!
People will be crying for Cooperball back

I suspect only you

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Alan Knill in the mix now on 15:22 - Jul 29 with 1787 viewsvetchonian

Alan Knill in the mix now on 14:30 - Jul 29 by Boundy

I suspect only you

The king is dead long live the king

IT has been pointed out by others "to be careful what you wish for"....many wanted Cooper out..it remains to be seen who we get in his place but like all the other managers who have preceeded them they will get my support even if I am not happy with their tactics or abilities....especially if they have us winning.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Alan Knill in the mix now on 15:43 - Jul 29 with 1697 viewsThornburyswan

Alan Knill in the mix now on 14:23 - Jul 29 by 34dfgdf54

Why would you come to that conclusion? That just tells me that Matthew Gill and Russell Martin have weighed up the move, and think with the resources we currently have here that it's too much of a risk when they are half way through a project elsewhere and making a name for themselves.

We aren't shopping in the market that gives you managers with a track record like Wilder. No way. I would love nothing more than this to be bumped later with me being wrong, but i'd be amazed.

Me too - I guess the only other angle that might have been in play with Martin is our very regular managerial changes - 10 in the last 10 years - for some that would not be an issue but for others it might.
Alan Knill in the mix now on 16:22 - Jul 29 with 1540 viewsKilkennyjack

Alan Knill in the mix now on 13:14 - Jul 29 by ReslovenSwan1

Just a Welsh international to be honest … 🤷‍♂️

Beware of the Risen People

Alan Knill in the mix now on 16:38 - Jul 29 with 1480 viewsKeithHaynes

Alan Knill in the mix now on 15:43 - Jul 29 by Thornburyswan

Me too - I guess the only other angle that might have been in play with Martin is our very regular managerial changes - 10 in the last 10 years - for some that would not be an issue but for others it might.

Numerous of them have left for pastures new positively though, through their own success.,
Only a few sackings.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Alan Knill in the mix now on 21:12 - Jul 29 with 1132 viewsNotLoyal

Please not him.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Alan Knill in the mix now on 21:34 - Jul 29 with 1075 viewsguthrieintherain

Alan Knill in the mix now on 21:12 - Jul 29 by NotLoyal

Please not him.

Last managers job Torquay 2014 even by our low standards that would be poor.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Alan Knill in the mix now on 21:37 - Jul 29 with 1059 viewsBoundy

Alan Knill in the mix now on 15:22 - Jul 29 by vetchonian

The king is dead long live the king

IT has been pointed out by others "to be careful what you wish for"....many wanted Cooper out..it remains to be seen who we get in his place but like all the other managers who have preceeded them they will get my support even if I am not happy with their tactics or abilities....especially if they have us winning.

Did Cooper try to to stay ? I believe not, so we are where we are, not helped by the indecision and poor planning for his replacement, which is hard to believe that would be written about the Club

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Alan Knill in the mix now on 21:39 - Jul 29 with 1052 viewsraynor94

I think even I would give in if it's him.

He'd be a worst appointment than Bradley

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024