Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Byers moving .How does it work. 13:14 - Aug 3 with 3140 viewsReslovenSwan1

Young George is on a reported £10k a week. This was in line with his 'top prospect' status. Sadly injuries and loss of form or 'Cooperball' has done for George.

Sheffield Wednesday are skint. They will not be paying George £10 a week for sure. Best they can do is £5k a week.

I would imagine George might contemplate a wage drop but that would be a goodwill 5% not 50%. He still has a year on his deal.

I therefore conclude the deal must revolve a Sheff Wednesday player coming to Swansea. Most likely Bannan. Callum Patterson is useful in a Warnock team but not suited to 'Martin metrics'.

Bannan value £1.5m transfer fee. George's wage subsidy over two seasons £0.5m. £1m to Wednesday done deal Bannan signs for Swansea for less than George was getting paid.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Byers moving .How does it work. on 20:23 - Aug 3 with 1023 viewsmajorraglan

Byers moving .How does it work. on 18:43 - Aug 3 by ReslovenSwan1

Who is paying George's £10k a week salary for next season is the question.
The £250,000 question. This is the annual income difference to what Swansea were paying him and what Wednesday can afford.

a) Has he given it up?
b) Have Swansea paid the difference.
c) Will Wednesday pay it in leau of getting George on a free transfer.

Swansea have saved £500k salary and can bring in 2x £5000 per week footballers.

Maybe a compromise? Byers wants out and first team football, so it may be a case of he’s happy to forgo a portion of his alleged £10k per week, maybe Wednesday pay £5k per week, Swansea pay £3k per week and Hyests bites the bullet on £2k per week in return for first team footy - if he backs himself he may just go for something like that.
Byers moving .How does it work. on 21:12 - Aug 3 with 972 viewsCatullus

Byers moving .How does it work. on 20:09 - Aug 3 by KeithHaynes

Speak direct to those that know these figures are a bit iffy 😉

I'd think it quite strange if Byer was on more money than Grimes, could just be me!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Byers moving .How does it work. on 21:26 - Aug 3 with 935 viewsReslovenSwan1

Byers moving .How does it work. on 18:55 - Aug 3 by Catullus

You posted this,

"Our own Nathan Dyer declined to play rather than take perhaps £5k a week which is big money to the rest of us"

That doesn't sound like speculation, maybe you need to learn that lesson. You do a lot of speculating and presuming which is why Chief gets on your case, because you post it as if it's facts when it's anything but.

Nonsense Cat,

I know Nathan declined to play as he said himself he had offers but turned them down. I speculated that the offers were not acceptable because the wages were not enough in the lower leagues. This fits in with my theory that wages are dropping.

I speculated £5k a week using the word "perhaps ". This clearly indicates I was not posting it a a fact. This is money you can expect to get in League 1. Hal Robson Kanu and Johnny Williams might make the same decision. Jazz Richards now plays for fun.

Chief compared me to a Nazi propagandist that was hanged for treason. This was outside the rules of this forum. He has decline to withdraw the comment. Not a good example for you to quote in my opinion.

Byers moving .How does it work. on 22:24 - Aug 3 with 864 viewsChief

Byers moving .How does it work. on 18:55 - Aug 3 by Catullus

You posted this,

"Our own Nathan Dyer declined to play rather than take perhaps £5k a week which is big money to the rest of us"

That doesn't sound like speculation, maybe you need to learn that lesson. You do a lot of speculating and presuming which is why Chief gets on your case, because you post it as if it's facts when it's anything but.

I'm not the only one to notice then!

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Byers moving .How does it work. on 22:25 - Aug 3 with 861 viewsChief

Byers moving .How does it work. on 21:26 - Aug 3 by ReslovenSwan1

Nonsense Cat,

I know Nathan declined to play as he said himself he had offers but turned them down. I speculated that the offers were not acceptable because the wages were not enough in the lower leagues. This fits in with my theory that wages are dropping.

I speculated £5k a week using the word "perhaps ". This clearly indicates I was not posting it a a fact. This is money you can expect to get in League 1. Hal Robson Kanu and Johnny Williams might make the same decision. Jazz Richards now plays for fun.

Chief compared me to a Nazi propagandist that was hanged for treason. This was outside the rules of this forum. He has decline to withdraw the comment. Not a good example for you to quote in my opinion.

That's quite the accusation.

Can you back it up with a direct quote?

Byers moving .How does it work. on 11:42 - Aug 4 with 747 viewsCatullus

Byers moving .How does it work. on 21:26 - Aug 3 by ReslovenSwan1

Nonsense Cat,

It's not nonsense, you speculated over the amount but stated he declined to play. Seeing as his contract had already run out all he declined was a new deal, he never declined to play.

Calling you Haw Haw doesn't have to mean calling you a Nazi, simply a propagandist. Otherwise wouldn't calling someone a Quisling be calling them a Nazi too? But Quisling is an accepted word for a traitor, someone who collaborates with the enemy.

Play with words all you like, I can do it too but to avoid being called out you have to be more accurate, Dyer decided to retire, he never declined to play. You should have said Dyer declined a new contract, see what I did there, I was more accurate.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Byers moving .How does it work. on 14:27 - Aug 4 with 692 viewsKeithHaynes

Byers moving .How does it work. on 11:42 - Aug 4 by Catullus

It's not nonsense, you speculated over the amount but stated he declined to play. Seeing as his contract had already run out all he declined was a new deal, he never declined to play.

Calling you Haw Haw doesn't have to mean calling you a Nazi, simply a propagandist. Otherwise wouldn't calling someone a Quisling be calling them a Nazi too? But Quisling is an accepted word for a traitor, someone who collaborates with the enemy.

Play with words all you like, I can do it too but to avoid being called out you have to be more accurate, Dyer decided to retire, he never declined to play. You should have said Dyer declined a new contract, see what I did there, I was more accurate.

Call him Kinnock then.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Byers moving .How does it work. on 17:09 - Aug 4 with 648 viewslondonlisa2001

Byers moving .How does it work. on 14:49 - Aug 3 by KeithHaynes

I have to say transfer dealings and their semantics are very flexible.
I’ve spoken today to an agent at ten10 football on another matter, I mentioned the Byers thing, he didn’t get it, as much as I don’t.

Whereas there will be situations where a player gets a lump sum to ‘go’ based on any decrease in earnings he’ll see as a result of the move, I always find it hilarious how wrong most estimates are of players salaries.

This thread is an absolute cracker.
Login to get fewer ads

Byers moving .How does it work. on 17:31 - Aug 4 with 637 viewsKeithHaynes

Byers moving .How does it work. on 17:09 - Aug 4 by londonlisa2001

Whereas there will be situations where a player gets a lump sum to ‘go’ based on any decrease in earnings he’ll see as a result of the move, I always find it hilarious how wrong most estimates are of players salaries.

This thread is an absolute cracker.

All I know is Byers salary, anything else, as I said is ‘ semantics’ Nobody will know the true pay offs, that is in this case if there are any at all.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Byers moving .How does it work. on 17:34 - Aug 4 with 634 viewsCatullus

Byers moving .How does it work. on 14:27 - Aug 4 by KeithHaynes

Call him Kinnock then.

I would never sink THAT low!

Byers moving .How does it work. on 17:34 - Aug 4 with 634 viewsDr_Winston

Whoever sanctioned ten grand a week for a player as bang average as Byers needs sectioning.

We've got rid of a player who is of very little use to us and saved around £500k into the bargain. I'll take that.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Byers moving .How does it work. on 17:37 - Aug 4 with 628 viewslondonlisa2001

Byers moving .How does it work. on 17:31 - Aug 4 by KeithHaynes

All I know is Byers salary, anything else, as I said is ‘ semantics’ Nobody will know the true pay offs, that is in this case if there are any at all.

This post has been edited by an administrator

I wasn't referring to your post re figures.

The speculation about payoffs is based on figures that are just nonsense.
Byers moving .How does it work. on 17:39 - Aug 4 with 624 viewsKeithHaynes

Byers moving .How does it work. on 17:37 - Aug 4 by londonlisa2001

I wasn't referring to your post re figures.

The speculation about payoffs is based on figures that are just nonsense.

I realise that 😉

Byers moving .How does it work. on 20:12 - Aug 4 with 577 viewsReslovenSwan1

Byers moving .How does it work. on 11:42 - Aug 4 by Catullus

Nathan said this.

"I was ready to move onto the next chapter and I had a lot of offers from abroad and in the UK. Some of them weren't right for me, so when my contract to train with Swansea was up I wasn't too sure whether I wanted to keep playing or finish. So I took my time to reach a decision."

"A lot of offers" (only some were not right for him). He declined to take up any of the offers, he declined to continue his career with any of the offers. He effectively 'declined' to play on. He was fit and could have played on in the 20-21 season. If he had no offers he had no choice. He had a choice. Nothing much to talk about to be honest. I reject your corrections.

I put it to Keith that the 'Haw Haw' reference was possibly outside the 'Terms and Conditions' of the Forum. Keith deleted the post in accordance with the rules.

Byers moving .How does it work. on 21:05 - Aug 4 with 545 viewsChief

Byers moving .How does it work. on 20:12 - Aug 4 by ReslovenSwan1

Nathan said this.

"I was ready to move onto the next chapter and I had a lot of offers from abroad and in the UK. Some of them weren't right for me, so when my contract to train with Swansea was up I wasn't too sure whether I wanted to keep playing or finish. So I took my time to reach a decision."

"A lot of offers" (only some were not right for him). He declined to take up any of the offers, he declined to continue his career with any of the offers. He effectively 'declined' to play on. He was fit and could have played on in the 20-21 season. If he had no offers he had no choice. He had a choice. Nothing much to talk about to be honest. I reject your corrections.

I put it to Keith that the 'Haw Haw' reference was possibly outside the 'Terms and Conditions' of the Forum. Keith deleted the post in accordance with the rules.

So you have no evidence of this apparent offence?

Byers moving .How does it work. on 21:20 - Aug 4 with 523 viewsCatullus

Byers moving .How does it work. on 20:12 - Aug 4 by ReslovenSwan1

Nathan said this.

As I said and as you have agreed with, he never declined to play he simply chose not to accept or in other words, turned down offers.

Can you see a difference in declining to play and turning down contract offers? It's a bit of an ongoing thing on here, you state things as if they are facts but when called on them you claim to be merely suggesting. That's why I suggested to you to be more accurate and when you are guessing, just say so.

It's a matter of logical semantics really, you make presuppositions and state them in a way that sounds like they are facts.

Byers moving .How does it work. on 01:14 - Aug 5 with 472 viewsDr_Parnassus

This place has become rife with people framing things incorrectly.

Dyer may well have wanted a contract that guarantees him game time. As opposed to continuing to rot on the bench, I’m sure he’s made enough in his career where £5k a week to sit on the bench in the Championship is hardly incentive to tie yourself into.

Dyer may well have not had the assurances he wanted. I would actually suggest that is the most likely scenario.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Byers moving .How does it work. on 04:06 - Aug 5 with 448 viewsItchySphincter

Byers moving .How does it work. on 21:05 - Aug 4 by Chief

So you have no evidence of this apparent offence?

I was confused about this the other day when it was mentioned and you didn’t seem to pick up on it - I think Resloven’s getting you muddled up with Brynmill who made the post that he’s referring too. You’d have to go back to that thread where two of you were having a back and fore - the post was made but it wasn’t by you. I think.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Byers moving .How does it work. on 04:12 - Aug 5 with 447 viewsItchySphincter

Byers moving .How does it work. on 01:14 - Aug 5 by Dr_Parnassus

This place has become rife with people framing things incorrectly.

Dyer may well have wanted a contract that guarantees him game time. As opposed to continuing to rot on the bench, I’m sure he’s made enough in his career where £5k a week to sit on the bench in the Championship is hardly incentive to tie yourself into.

Dyer may well have not had the assurances he wanted. I would actually suggest that is the most likely scenario.

He’s probably just reached a crossroads, as we all do in all walks of life, and he’s decided what he’s going to do, or not going to do, next. Whatever he’s decided it doesn’t involve playing full time football for a living. Good luck Nath.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Byers moving .How does it work. on 11:41 - Aug 6 with 351 viewsReslovenSwan1

Byers moving .How does it work. on 21:20 - Aug 4 by Catullus

As I said and as you have agreed with, he never declined to play he simply chose not to accept or in other words, turned down offers.

Can you see a difference in declining to play and turning down contract offers? It's a bit of an ongoing thing on here, you state things as if they are facts but when called on them you claim to be merely suggesting. That's why I suggested to you to be more accurate and when you are guessing, just say so.

It's a matter of logical semantics really, you make presuppositions and state them in a way that sounds like they are facts.

What i do is cut through waffle and simplify things in plain English.

Cooper did not want to continue and they agreed a mutual agreement. He quit, taking only a portion of his remaining salary. (He needs to go way and learn how to play football fans want to watch while maintaining excellent results. I advised he needs help in his team to become top drawer.) The likes of Britton or Routledge perhaps could have helped him in this respect. They know how Swansea's brilliant passing era was achieved.

Nathan was offered contracts (only some were unsuitable) and declined all of them even the suitable ones. He could have played on but chose not to. Are you disputing this?

I commonly use the words 'maybe' or 'perhaps' or 'as I understand it'. I am not concerned you dislike my writing style. You seem like a waffler to me to be honest. There is an arrow facility at the base of the page to register your displeasure.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024