Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David Kasumu 17:10 - Aug 3 with 2992 viewsraynor94

Talk he's following Martin from MK, defensive midfielder, 30 appearances 15 bookings.

He must like a tackle

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

David Kasumu on 17:20 - Aug 3 with 2948 viewsjasper_T

Lot of injuries last year. After Walsh and Joseph we must have a type.
David Kasumu on 19:06 - Aug 3 with 2709 viewsdobjack2

David Kasumu on 17:20 - Aug 3 by jasper_T

Lot of injuries last year. After Walsh and Joseph we must have a type.

Out 3 months with a knee injury then slipped and tweaked it again when ready to make a comeback. Was offered a new contract in March unclear if he signed although our head coach would know.

Defensive midfielder playing in front of the back 3; 7 bookings in his first 10 games last season.
David Kasumu on 20:15 - Aug 3 with 2568 viewsKeithHaynes

Not sure at all about this lad, it’s always an issue when a manager comes in and fancies what he had at his old club. Worryingly, at a league lower.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

David Kasumu on 21:24 - Aug 3 with 2419 viewsone_upmanship

David Kasumu on 20:15 - Aug 3 by KeithHaynes

Not sure at all about this lad, it’s always an issue when a manager comes in and fancies what he had at his old club. Worryingly, at a league lower.

Don’t agree. Plenty of players in lower divisions who could make it in higher leagues. Kasumu, O’Riley, Darling just from MK. All young.

I would prefer us to find gems in lower leagues rather than loan from premiership.
David Kasumu on 22:30 - Aug 3 with 2259 viewsdna

Dan Williams must be delighted!!
David Kasumu on 22:37 - Aug 3 with 2237 viewsBadlands

David Kasumu on 21:24 - Aug 3 by one_upmanship

Don’t agree. Plenty of players in lower divisions who could make it in higher leagues. Kasumu, O’Riley, Darling just from MK. All young.

I would prefer us to find gems in lower leagues rather than loan from premiership.

Looking at his stats suggest he may be more agro than agate.
When a player with that percentage of yellow to games played moves up the chances are he’ll get more.
Good passing stats but averaged just 6.6 in League 1 last season.
If that’s all Mrtin got out of him last season I can’t see how he’s going to step up with the the same manager!
[Post edited 3 Aug 2021 22:41]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

David Kasumu on 22:40 - Aug 3 with 2222 viewsjasper_T

David Kasumu on 22:30 - Aug 3 by dna

"No talent in Swansea" supposedly.
David Kasumu on 22:58 - Aug 3 with 2176 viewsKeithHaynes

David Kasumu on 21:24 - Aug 3 by one_upmanship

As a prospect for the future maybe, and yes, I’ve probably been around football for a bit to get what you are saying. However, the next signings need to be more than possibilities.

Finding gems is hard, getting a few loans in like Brewster, Woodman and Guehi for me, beats your logic every time. Game of opinions though.

Login to get fewer ads

David Kasumu on 23:03 - Aug 3 with 2162 viewsguthrieintherain

David Kasumu on 22:40 - Aug 3 by jasper_T

"No talent in Swansea" supposedly.

If they are good enough they will play.

Lost 3.0 at Western Super Mare on 3.1 tonight.
So not a great start for them not a criticism just stating a fact.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

David Kasumu on 23:37 - Aug 3 with 2079 viewsBadlands

David Kasumu on 23:03 - Aug 3 by guthrieintherain

If they are good enough they will play.

Lost 3.0 at Western Super Mare on 3.1 tonight.
So not a great start for them not a criticism just stating a fact.

That was a new (ish) group against senior teams in friendlies.

David Kasumu on 00:20 - Aug 4 with 2016 viewsReslovenSwan1

David Kasumu on 22:30 - Aug 3 by dna

Does he expect to walk into the Swansea's first team just like that? He has to fight and improve every aspect of his game to get in this team. He knows this. Sloppy passing will not do with this manager.

Wise sage since Toshack era

David Kasumu on 07:50 - Aug 4 with 1840 viewsone_upmanship

David Kasumu on 22:58 - Aug 3 by KeithHaynes

As a prospect for the future maybe, and yes, I’ve probably been around football for a bit to get what you are saying. However, the next signings need to be more than possibilities.

Finding gems is hard, getting a few loans in like Brewster, Woodman and Guehi for me, beats your logic every time. Game of opinions though.

Worded like that yes it would beat my logic. But not if you also include all the loans that didn’t work.

I’m not against the loan market but we didn’t get to keep or get any transfer £ from Brewster, Woodman or Guehi. Our future relies on developing our own & maximising return if they leave. Whether this is from our own youth or paying a nominal fee.

We will also be re-building a new style & it would be more beneficial to have players to grow with that. Not leave after a 6/12months loan.
David Kasumu on 09:00 - Aug 4 with 1725 viewsKeithHaynes

David Kasumu on 07:50 - Aug 4 by one_upmanship

Worded like that yes it would beat my logic. But not if you also include all the loans that didn’t work.

I’m not against the loan market but we didn’t get to keep or get any transfer £ from Brewster, Woodman or Guehi. Our future relies on developing our own & maximising return if they leave. Whether this is from our own youth or paying a nominal fee.

We will also be re-building a new style & it would be more beneficial to have players to grow with that. Not leave after a 6/12months loan.

However, I too would love some lower league players to show they are better than what we have. I’ve took some time to look at David Kasumu, he is what could be described as a midfield general, looks battle hardened already at 21. Wouldn’t be adverse to signing him.

David Kasumu on 09:35 - Aug 4 with 1656 viewsjack247

David Kasumu on 07:50 - Aug 4 by one_upmanship

There has to be a balance between the present and the future. We simply can’t sign players as good as Brewster, Guehi, Woodman and Gallagher on permanent contracts. Appreciate that’s a good thing with the likes of Hourihane and Gyokores.

This season may well turn out to be about embedding a playing style and if it is, we probably don’t need to rely on loans so much. If we’re going to have another serious crack at promotion, we need the best squad possible and that will include starlets from PL clubs, whether that’s now or in a years time.

It’s a shame we can’t poach the Dan James’ and Oli McBurnies while they are in other clubs academies anymore, but I do agree, we need to be developing what we do have, even if those players never go on to £15m transfers.
David Kasumu on 10:13 - Aug 4 with 1595 viewsjasper_T

McBurnie wasn't poached, he was the same age as Kyle Joseph when we signed him, for a similar fee and with similar amount of senior football experience (though at a lower level).
David Kasumu on 12:31 - Aug 4 with 1439 viewsone_upmanship

David Kasumu on 09:00 - Aug 4 by KeithHaynes

However, I too would love some lower league players to show they are better than what we have. I’ve took some time to look at David Kasumu, he is what could be described as a midfield general, looks battle hardened already at 21. Wouldn’t be adverse to signing him.

Think he is captain aswell, which says a lot about his character at young age. O’Riley looks like a ready made replacement for Grimes. Obviously, I would prefer us to widen our options but if RM knows they have the ability to move up & already know his style then they could be shrewd signings. Especially as we need midfielders.
David Kasumu on 12:39 - Aug 4 with 1415 viewsBadlands

David Kasumu on 12:31 - Aug 4 by one_upmanship

Think he is captain aswell, which says a lot about his character at young age. O’Riley looks like a ready made replacement for Grimes. Obviously, I would prefer us to widen our options but if RM knows they have the ability to move up & already know his style then they could be shrewd signings. Especially as we need midfielders.

Play him and Latibeaudiere and we would would be in danger of finishing with 9 players.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024