Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Russell Martin verdict 16:27 - Nov 3 with 9543 viewsKeithHaynes

Most have said they would rather wait until we get to the November international break, well it’s here, change or confirm, your thoughts. We will run a short article on the results this week.

How happy are you with Russell Martin and his coaching team ?


Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls



This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Would you like to appear here as a Welsh football writer?

0
The Russell Martin verdict on 16:31 - Nov 8 with 1061 viewsChief

The Russell Martin verdict on 16:15 - Nov 8 by ReslovenSwan1

This is a forum. I give my opinions. Just accept them and agree or disagree. Had the £7m he was given been better spent promotion would have been a real possibility. Most readers would accept that I think. Nothing is certain in life. There are no guarantees. ​

You can answer your own questions. You appear to be very hard work with each post having a little dig at the end. It is probably a form of bullying and in contravention of the rules of this forum.


This is a forum. These opinions you give are being presented as fact and as such should be challenged. Right this is more realistic -HAD it been spent better promotion would have been a POSSIBILITY. Better. Although Celina was decent and he accounted for a big chunk of it.

But then you could pretty much say that for every season. Had we loaned more suitable players than Arriola & Morris we'd have gone up. I'm not going to pretend or make up players like your Toney example that I have absolutely no idea whether we were even in the market for or considered though.

I can answer my questions, but as you say this is a forum. If you didn't leave so many points requiring clarifications I wouldn't need to ask so many. As such I dont need to work hard at all. It's glaringly obvious that this needs questioining.

Bullying by asking you to clarify your points? On a forum? If you haven't got the conviction in your points to stand up to scrutiny maybe you should give them more thought before posting.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

-1
The Russell Martin verdict on 17:15 - Nov 8 with 1029 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Russell Martin verdict on 16:31 - Nov 8 by Chief

This is a forum. These opinions you give are being presented as fact and as such should be challenged. Right this is more realistic -HAD it been spent better promotion would have been a POSSIBILITY. Better. Although Celina was decent and he accounted for a big chunk of it.

But then you could pretty much say that for every season. Had we loaned more suitable players than Arriola & Morris we'd have gone up. I'm not going to pretend or make up players like your Toney example that I have absolutely no idea whether we were even in the market for or considered though.

I can answer my questions, but as you say this is a forum. If you didn't leave so many points requiring clarifications I wouldn't need to ask so many. As such I dont need to work hard at all. It's glaringly obvious that this needs questioining.

Bullying by asking you to clarify your points? On a forum? If you haven't got the conviction in your points to stand up to scrutiny maybe you should give them more thought before posting.


It is blatantly obvious to most the Declan John, Asoro and Mckay were desperately poor signings by Potters recruitment man. Celina had his moments but in reality is back in league 1. Most fans would take one look at McKay and make a very rapid assessment that he should never been allowed to wear the club shirt. He has no physical presence.

I have put forward the idea that Potter should have used his £7m budget better and to help you out identified two players who were available at that time to support the case. He also had the option of keeping Ayew.

Toney was playing for Peterborough in league 1 and was sold to Brentford eventually for £5m. Had McCauley wanted him the money was made available.

Your methodology is to misrepresent my points in your so called 'clarifications' followed by some sort of slur. It is sub prime behaviour.

Wise sage since Toshack era
Poll: Do Swansea city have enough centre backs?

0
The Russell Martin verdict on 17:24 - Nov 8 with 1022 viewsCatullus

The Russell Martin verdict on 16:15 - Nov 8 by ReslovenSwan1

This is a forum. I give my opinions. Just accept them and agree or disagree. Had the £7m he was given been better spent promotion would have been a real possibility. Most readers would accept that I think. Nothing is certain in life. There are no guarantees. ​

You can answer your own questions. You appear to be very hard work with each post having a little dig at the end. It is probably a form of bullying and in contravention of the rules of this forum.


Debate involves questioning opinions you disagree with. Calling your post fantasy is hardly bullying, not even a form of it, other people will agree. maybe that's because you have a track record of making massive assumptions to back up your posts?

Not many people turn down a promotion and pay rise, maybe martin is the exception but I don't think we'll find out just yet because he doesn't get a mention of the Pinkun and has slipped in the bookies eyes too.

However, if Norwich made him a serious offer I reckon he'd take it. he was at Norwich for 8 years, he has ties there that he hasn't here and he's ambitious. It's a bit like Martinez and Wigan though Martin hasn't been here as long so hasn't the ties to us.

it seems moot though because I don't think Norwich are interested. Which is my opinion, not a fact...yet!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

1
The Russell Martin verdict on 17:30 - Nov 8 with 1010 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Russell Martin verdict on 17:24 - Nov 8 by Catullus

Debate involves questioning opinions you disagree with. Calling your post fantasy is hardly bullying, not even a form of it, other people will agree. maybe that's because you have a track record of making massive assumptions to back up your posts?

Not many people turn down a promotion and pay rise, maybe martin is the exception but I don't think we'll find out just yet because he doesn't get a mention of the Pinkun and has slipped in the bookies eyes too.

However, if Norwich made him a serious offer I reckon he'd take it. he was at Norwich for 8 years, he has ties there that he hasn't here and he's ambitious. It's a bit like Martinez and Wigan though Martin hasn't been here as long so hasn't the ties to us.

it seems moot though because I don't think Norwich are interested. Which is my opinion, not a fact...yet!


The Chief goes after almost all my post on almost any subject and makes personal criticisms on each one in the form of mischievous "clarifications". You yourself agreed on one of his nasty slurs not so long ago which was removed by the owner of this forum. I will not tolerate bullying of a persistent sniping kind. It is an unacceptable trait.

Wise sage since Toshack era
Poll: Do Swansea city have enough centre backs?

0
The Russell Martin verdict on 17:45 - Nov 8 with 998 viewsChief

The Russell Martin verdict on 17:15 - Nov 8 by ReslovenSwan1

It is blatantly obvious to most the Declan John, Asoro and Mckay were desperately poor signings by Potters recruitment man. Celina had his moments but in reality is back in league 1. Most fans would take one look at McKay and make a very rapid assessment that he should never been allowed to wear the club shirt. He has no physical presence.

I have put forward the idea that Potter should have used his £7m budget better and to help you out identified two players who were available at that time to support the case. He also had the option of keeping Ayew.

Toney was playing for Peterborough in league 1 and was sold to Brentford eventually for £5m. Had McCauley wanted him the money was made available.

Your methodology is to misrepresent my points in your so called 'clarifications' followed by some sort of slur. It is sub prime behaviour.


No one's denied any of that first paragraph.

No, you out forward that spending 7million on someone else cost us promotion. When of course you couldn't possibly know that. And that's not to mention that we finished 10th.

Did he have the option of keep Ayew? How do you know that? We were even linked with Toney? Was it even an option for us? Or just fantasy? How do you know money would have been made available to spend on Toney?

You're reverting back to pretending these things are facts when you couldn't possibly know. So as I say, you're just making stuff up again. Not sure what it is you think I'm misrepresenting. You said these things, don't blame me when I point that they are fanciful and illogical.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

-1
The Russell Martin verdict on 17:50 - Nov 8 with 992 viewsChief

The Russell Martin verdict on 17:30 - Nov 8 by ReslovenSwan1

The Chief goes after almost all my post on almost any subject and makes personal criticisms on each one in the form of mischievous "clarifications". You yourself agreed on one of his nasty slurs not so long ago which was removed by the owner of this forum. I will not tolerate bullying of a persistent sniping kind. It is an unacceptable trait.


Incorrect. I only reply to the ones which contain falicies, misinterpretations and fantasy (and not just to you). Although in fairness most of your posts do fall into this category. You should look at clarifications as your friend. A further chance to get your point across. Not mischievous in the slightest. As I say, if you can't or are unwilling to accept scrutiny or criticism of your posts, give them more thought before posting (just don't make stuff up would be a good start).

What nasty slur are you referring to?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

-1
The Russell Martin verdict on 18:18 - Nov 8 with 981 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Russell Martin verdict on 17:45 - Nov 8 by Chief

No one's denied any of that first paragraph.

No, you out forward that spending 7million on someone else cost us promotion. When of course you couldn't possibly know that. And that's not to mention that we finished 10th.

Did he have the option of keep Ayew? How do you know that? We were even linked with Toney? Was it even an option for us? Or just fantasy? How do you know money would have been made available to spend on Toney?

You're reverting back to pretending these things are facts when you couldn't possibly know. So as I say, you're just making stuff up again. Not sure what it is you think I'm misrepresenting. You said these things, don't blame me when I point that they are fanciful and illogical.


Mckay, Asoro and John were indisputably poor signings. Celina was hit and miss. £7m wasted in effect.

I am suggesting that had Potter spent his £7m better a play off place should have been achieved comfortably. I gave the examples of two players the club could have bought well within the budget. Cash usually talks at league 1 level and £7m is big budget.

It is an opinion and based on fact supported by players available at the time like Toney. The US owners backed Potter but having seem McKay baulked at £7m for Ryan Woods who also failed to deliver. None of this is fantasy.

A forum based on proven facts is a very dull place. Forums ask for opinions and I give mine.

Nothing fanciful nothing illogical just an opinion. I understand you do not like my opinions but that is life.

Wise sage since Toshack era
Poll: Do Swansea city have enough centre backs?

0
The Russell Martin verdict on 18:32 - Nov 8 with 973 viewsChief

The Russell Martin verdict on 18:18 - Nov 8 by ReslovenSwan1

Mckay, Asoro and John were indisputably poor signings. Celina was hit and miss. £7m wasted in effect.

I am suggesting that had Potter spent his £7m better a play off place should have been achieved comfortably. I gave the examples of two players the club could have bought well within the budget. Cash usually talks at league 1 level and £7m is big budget.

It is an opinion and based on fact supported by players available at the time like Toney. The US owners backed Potter but having seem McKay baulked at £7m for Ryan Woods who also failed to deliver. None of this is fantasy.

A forum based on proven facts is a very dull place. Forums ask for opinions and I give mine.

Nothing fanciful nothing illogical just an opinion. I understand you do not like my opinions but that is life.


No one is saying they weren't. Celina was very decent in that season under Potter though.

SUGGESTING - that's better. You're learning. You're not stating things as fact now. Yes now you're saying they're examples. You initially gave the name of Toney as if we decided not to sign him. When in reality, we have no idea if it was ever on the cards or even on our radar. Peterborough signed him from Newcastle that summer, so he probably wasn't on the radar of many Championship clubs anyway. Moderate success on loans is the reason why he ended in league 1. So getting into the detail and timeline makes your claim even more unrealistic. He scored 16 that season in league 1, which isn't particularly impressive. Contrast to us a division above having McBurnie who got more.

So yes, moot point all round. Toney didn't become what we now know him as for a few years to come.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

-1
Login to get fewer ads

The Russell Martin verdict on 19:06 - Nov 8 with 958 viewsshingle

The Russell Martin verdict on 17:30 - Nov 8 by ReslovenSwan1

The Chief goes after almost all my post on almost any subject and makes personal criticisms on each one in the form of mischievous "clarifications". You yourself agreed on one of his nasty slurs not so long ago which was removed by the owner of this forum. I will not tolerate bullying of a persistent sniping kind. It is an unacceptable trait.


The Chief lol i remember reeling him in and kept him hooked for at least a week, once he realised what was going on he had a tantrum and put me on his ignore list.
0
The Russell Martin verdict on 21:19 - Nov 8 with 893 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Russell Martin verdict on 18:32 - Nov 8 by Chief

No one is saying they weren't. Celina was very decent in that season under Potter though.

SUGGESTING - that's better. You're learning. You're not stating things as fact now. Yes now you're saying they're examples. You initially gave the name of Toney as if we decided not to sign him. When in reality, we have no idea if it was ever on the cards or even on our radar. Peterborough signed him from Newcastle that summer, so he probably wasn't on the radar of many Championship clubs anyway. Moderate success on loans is the reason why he ended in league 1. So getting into the detail and timeline makes your claim even more unrealistic. He scored 16 that season in league 1, which isn't particularly impressive. Contrast to us a division above having McBurnie who got more.

So yes, moot point all round. Toney didn't become what we now know him as for a few years to come.


I am not a lcub insider. I regularly state i am an outsider and my interpretations of events are based on statements and events. I am not in football recruitment.

Swansea wasted £7m and could have bought much better players with that money. All 4 of Potters signing were drummed out by Cooper 3 for n nothing or next to nothing. Who they could have bought instead is up for debate. I gave two possible players to demonstrate there were much better options at that time.

Wise sage since Toshack era
Poll: Do Swansea city have enough centre backs?

0
The Russell Martin verdict on 21:55 - Nov 8 with 878 viewsChief

The Russell Martin verdict on 19:06 - Nov 8 by shingle

The Chief lol i remember reeling him in and kept him hooked for at least a week, once he realised what was going on he had a tantrum and put me on his ignore list.


Ah I see so you didn't actually believe that very silly point you made about the Wales managers. You were just out to stir things up! It all makes sense now!

Fair play to your committment though, even going to the trouble of carrying on during actual Swans matches and then scrolling through loads of my old posts and down arrowing them all in the name of a 'bite'.

Hmm the ignore function must be faulty.....

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

0
The Russell Martin verdict on 21:57 - Nov 8 with 873 viewsChief

The Russell Martin verdict on 21:19 - Nov 8 by ReslovenSwan1

I am not a lcub insider. I regularly state i am an outsider and my interpretations of events are based on statements and events. I am not in football recruitment.

Swansea wasted £7m and could have bought much better players with that money. All 4 of Potters signing were drummed out by Cooper 3 for n nothing or next to nothing. Who they could have bought instead is up for debate. I gave two possible players to demonstrate there were much better options at that time.


A far more balanced, realistic and self depreciative post.

You've come far.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

-2
The Russell Martin verdict on 18:47 - Nov 9 with 737 viewsshingle

The Russell Martin verdict on 21:55 - Nov 8 by Chief

Ah I see so you didn't actually believe that very silly point you made about the Wales managers. You were just out to stir things up! It all makes sense now!

Fair play to your committment though, even going to the trouble of carrying on during actual Swans matches and then scrolling through loads of my old posts and down arrowing them all in the name of a 'bite'.

Hmm the ignore function must be faulty.....


No the point was actually spot on, that is why you fell to pieces over the issue and now even your down arrow issues are obviously bothering you, come to think of it your head went over down arrow issues with a couple of other posters.
-1
The Russell Martin verdict on 19:13 - Nov 9 with 717 viewsChief

The Russell Martin verdict on 18:47 - Nov 9 by shingle

No the point was actually spot on, that is why you fell to pieces over the issue and now even your down arrow issues are obviously bothering you, come to think of it your head went over down arrow issues with a couple of other posters.


Yea those darn down arrows. Making me lose sleep.

Keep scrolling through my posts if you find it therapeutic though. And seems you've been reading them now too?

Well I suppose I'm honoured. It's a stalky though to be honest

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

-1
The Russell Martin verdict on 19:21 - Nov 9 with 715 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Russell Martin verdict on 19:13 - Nov 9 by Chief

Yea those darn down arrows. Making me lose sleep.

Keep scrolling through my posts if you find it therapeutic though. And seems you've been reading them now too?

Well I suppose I'm honoured. It's a stalky though to be honest


You are stalker in chief Chief. You have been following me around for months. Cue "thats because blah blah etc".
[Post edited 9 Nov 2021 19:23]

Wise sage since Toshack era
Poll: Do Swansea city have enough centre backs?

1
The Russell Martin verdict on 19:29 - Nov 9 with 710 viewsChief

The Russell Martin verdict on 19:21 - Nov 9 by ReslovenSwan1

You are stalker in chief Chief. You have been following me around for months. Cue "thats because blah blah etc".
[Post edited 9 Nov 2021 19:23]


What you actually mean is that I comment on your more fanciful and illogical posts on actual football related subjects with actual counter points and relevant replies...

Contrast that with what shingles is doing....

You'll note the clear distinction and I expect an apology from yourself for your offensive words.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

-2
The Russell Martin verdict on 18:39 - Nov 10 with 648 viewsshingle

The Russell Martin verdict on 19:13 - Nov 9 by Chief

Yea those darn down arrows. Making me lose sleep.

Keep scrolling through my posts if you find it therapeutic though. And seems you've been reading them now too?

Well I suppose I'm honoured. It's a stalky though to be honest


You are the one who keeps going on about them pal, no one else brought them up just you, so you obviously have as issue about them, that and getting owned on a previous thread by my good self and a few other posters has become a bit of a problem for you it seems.
0
The Russell Martin verdict on 20:08 - Nov 10 with 621 viewsChief

The Russell Martin verdict on 18:39 - Nov 10 by shingle

You are the one who keeps going on about them pal, no one else brought them up just you, so you obviously have as issue about them, that and getting owned on a previous thread by my good self and a few other posters has become a bit of a problem for you it seems.


Fair play. No actual content to add to the Martin debate (that's what the thread is actually about).

Instead....just randomly popped up commenting on one of my posts not directed at you, coupled with scrolling back to older posts and down arrowing. As I say maybe I should be honoured that you'd go to that trouble and effort.

For you to suddenly re-appear it looks to me that somehow I have riled you up and it must be still hurting you after all this time.

I'm a nice bloke really, don't take it personally that I showed up your silly viewpoint. Everyone else on that thread including the Resloven one actually disagreed with you, but keep deluding yourself it makes you feel better.

Coleman didn't do a good job a Wales manager. Haha chwarae teg

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

-1
The Russell Martin verdict on 18:04 - Nov 11 with 504 viewsshingle

The Russell Martin verdict on 20:08 - Nov 10 by Chief

Fair play. No actual content to add to the Martin debate (that's what the thread is actually about).

Instead....just randomly popped up commenting on one of my posts not directed at you, coupled with scrolling back to older posts and down arrowing. As I say maybe I should be honoured that you'd go to that trouble and effort.

For you to suddenly re-appear it looks to me that somehow I have riled you up and it must be still hurting you after all this time.

I'm a nice bloke really, don't take it personally that I showed up your silly viewpoint. Everyone else on that thread including the Resloven one actually disagreed with you, but keep deluding yourself it makes you feel better.

Coleman didn't do a good job a Wales manager. Haha chwarae teg


See what i mean you are again mentioning the down arrows again, and then babbling on about this or that from another thread where you got well and truly owned, however you can not disguise that fact you have what is called severe down arrow anxiety.
-1
The Russell Martin verdict on 18:09 - Nov 11 with 492 viewsonehunglow

The Russell Martin verdict on 18:04 - Nov 11 by shingle

See what i mean you are again mentioning the down arrows again, and then babbling on about this or that from another thread where you got well and truly owned, however you can not disguise that fact you have what is called severe down arrow anxiety.


Anyone down arrowing me Shing.
I might as well find out who and when,then 10 yrs later bring up the old sheet.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
The Russell Martin verdict on 18:16 - Nov 11 with 496 viewsKeithHaynes

The Russell Martin verdict on 18:09 - Nov 11 by onehunglow

Anyone down arrowing me Shing.
I might as well find out who and when,then 10 yrs later bring up the old sheet.


It’s a bit like people shouting Martinez’s name from the roof tops and then slagging him off when he left.

It happens to all of them. I’ve learned that much.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Would you like to appear here as a Welsh football writer?

0
The Russell Martin verdict on 18:36 - Nov 11 with 492 viewsshingle

The Russell Martin verdict on 18:09 - Nov 11 by onehunglow

Anyone down arrowing me Shing.
I might as well find out who and when,then 10 yrs later bring up the old sheet.


Just found out that the Chief has got a poster in bold print on his living room wall which states, WATCH OUT WATCH OUT THERE IS A DOWN ARROW ABOUT as it helps with his therapy by all accounts.
0
The Russell Martin verdict on 19:00 - Nov 11 with 475 viewsonehunglow

The Russell Martin verdict on 18:36 - Nov 11 by shingle

Just found out that the Chief has got a poster in bold print on his living room wall which states, WATCH OUT WATCH OUT THERE IS A DOWN ARROW ABOUT as it helps with his therapy by all accounts.


I just hope nobody ignores me.
I blame my mother.
Not enough love

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
The Russell Martin verdict on 19:19 - Nov 11 with 480 viewsKeithHaynes

The Russell Martin verdict on 19:00 - Nov 11 by onehunglow

I just hope nobody ignores me.
I blame my mother.
Not enough love


I actually blame everyone, especially those who are guided by corporate organisations 🤭😉

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Would you like to appear here as a Welsh football writer?

0
The Russell Martin verdict on 19:39 - Nov 11 with 473 viewsChief

The Russell Martin verdict on 18:04 - Nov 11 by shingle

See what i mean you are again mentioning the down arrows again, and then babbling on about this or that from another thread where you got well and truly owned, however you can not disguise that fact you have what is called severe down arrow anxiety.


Well yea I'm mentioning the down arrows, pointing out the trouble you are going to do it! I admire the commitment.

Haha you brought up that disagreement on another thread. And for some reason you can't let go, evidenced by you randomly popping back up on this one. And then starting up your down arrow programme again!

"Cookie didn't do a good job as Wales manager" lol

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

-1
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026