Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bands you saw before they were famous 18:47 - Nov 3 with 2468 viewsKeithHaynes

I’ll give you Red Hot Chili Peppers in Bristol, mid 80’s.
No more than thirty there.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Bands you saw before they were famous on 21:19 - Nov 22 with 2347 viewsGlossolalia

Was that with Slovak and Irons? Would have loved to see them around 1989. Mother's Milk is just a lot of fun.

Saw Architects in 2009, as a support band. These boys are headlining metal festivals now, and selling out Cardiff CIA in May.
Bands you saw before they were famous on 13:16 - Nov 23 with 2309 viewsRobbie

Old Wembley Stadium August 1979 . topping the bill The Who , running order was

1 . The Who
2 . The Strangler
3. AC/DC
4. Nils Lofgren

Place was still filling up with AC/DC doing their set , could see they were good even then .
Bands you saw before they were famous on 14:25 - Nov 23 with 2283 viewsYrAlarch

Bands you saw before they were famous on 13:16 - Nov 23 by Robbie

1 . The Who
2 . The Strangler
3. AC/DC
4. Nils Lofgren

Place was still filling up with AC/DC doing their set , could see they were good even then .

I thought the Who were quite well known by 1979.

Anyway, Supertramp 1970.
Bands you saw before they were famous on 14:56 - Nov 23 with 2277 viewsRobbie

Bands you saw before they were famous on 14:25 - Nov 23 by YrAlarch

Anyway, Supertramp 1970.

The Who were top of the bill that day , AC/DC were a support act .

The Stranglers were the main support act , AC/DC were third in the pecking order .
Bands you saw before they were famous on 23:40 - Nov 23 with 2231 viewsBadlands

Judas Priest
The church hall that booked them assumed they'd be a gospel type combo … absolutely true.
Me and my mate and a single gitl were the only ones in the audience until three tracks in when we apologised to them and went the local disco.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Bands you saw before they were famous on 18:53 - Sep 25 with 1774 viewscontroversial_jack

Bands you saw before they were famous on 13:16 - Nov 23 by Robbie

1 . The Who
2 . The Strangler
3. AC/DC
4. Nils Lofgren

I was there. There was a tube strike, so had to walk from Wembley to Paddington. Missed the last train of course and had to spend the night on the station. Not the best night i've had
Bands you saw before they were famous on 10:13 - Sep 26 with 1709 viewsCleddau

AC/DC were hardly unknown in 1979. They had already had two top 20 albums in the UK and TOTP appearances and a chart single (Rock and roll damnation) by 1978.

I also seen them in 1979 on one of their four sold out nights at Hammersmith Odeon with Def Leppard as support, who were an unknown band unless you were following the NWOBHM scene and still some months away from releasing their debut album.
Bands you saw before they were famous on 23:59 - Oct 29 with 1561 viewsraynor94

Queen, Brangwyn Hall 1972, supporting Mott the Hoople.

Not a band but Leo Sayer supported Roxy Music in the same year at the same venue

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

Bands you saw before they were famous on 00:36 - Oct 30 with 1547 viewsRobbie

Bands you saw before they were famous on 23:59 - Oct 29 by raynor94

Queen, Brangwyn Hall 1972, supporting Mott the Hoople.

Not a band but Leo Sayer supported Roxy Music in the same year at the same venue

Yes , wearing the clown outfit performing The Show must go On , Moonlighting is still a track that I really enjoy seen him live in Porthcawl a few years ago , he said it was a true story .

Reading up , it seems his prime time Saturday Night show on the BBC had 27 million viewers back then , obviously things have changed since , but tonight whilst channel hopping Guess the Singer , some ridiciolous quiz with unknown celebs on a roundabout , rubbish TV .
Bands you saw before they were famous on 07:18 - May 2 with 1290 viewsTogg

Ultravox John Foxx era....superb
Bands you saw before they were famous on 12:01 - Nov 3 with 956 viewsRichardO

The Other Favorites and Reina Del Cid separate and then the final set together about one year ago in The Garage in Highbury Corner near Arsenal's ground, excellent show, still not main stream famous but they should be.
Bands you saw before they were famous on 12:22 - Nov 3 with 940 viewstheloneranger

The Iveys before they became Badfinger.

The Bystanders before they became MAN.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Bands you saw before they were famous on 21:53 - Nov 3 with 880 viewsTummer_from_Texas

10,000 Maniacs (opening for Squeeze in 1987).

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Bands you saw before they were famous on 11:39 - Feb 13 with 408 viewsRichardO

Saw The Magic Numbers before they had a couple of hit singles and James, both support acts for Brian Wilson on separate occasions.
Bands you saw before they were famous on 14:00 - Feb 13 with 377 viewsJumpingJackFlash

Bands you saw before they were famous on 14:25 - Nov 23 by YrAlarch

Anyway, Supertramp 1970.

That was very early for Supertramp. I saw them at Swansea University in 1974 in the coffee bar, a venue for largely unknown bands whilst the likes of Shakin’ Stevens was playing the infinitely bigger refectory.
Bands you saw before they were famous on 14:47 - Feb 13 with 369 viewsRichardO

Bands you saw before they were famous on 14:00 - Feb 13 by JumpingJackFlash

That was very early for Supertramp. I saw them at Swansea University in 1974 in the coffee bar, a venue for largely unknown bands whilst the likes of Shakin’ Stevens was playing the infinitely bigger refectory.

Were you a Spertramp fan or did you become a fan or neither? Same question to YrAlarch.
Paris double album is excellent. In fact because I heard it before some of the studio recordings and most of the song I much prefer the live versions.
Bands you saw before they were famous on 15:29 - Feb 13 with 357 viewsJumpingJackFlash

Bands you saw before they were famous on 14:47 - Feb 13 by RichardO

Were you a Spertramp fan or did you become a fan or neither? Same question to YrAlarch.
Paris double album is excellent. In fact because I heard it before some of the studio recordings and most of the song I much prefer the live versions.

They were touring the Crime of the Century album which I bought as a direct result of the gig.

Enjoyed their music but they’re not a band that I now return to often.
Bands you saw before they were famous on 16:04 - Feb 13 with 341 viewsRichardO

Bands you saw before they were famous on 15:29 - Feb 13 by JumpingJackFlash

They were touring the Crime of the Century album which I bought as a direct result of the gig.

Enjoyed their music but they’re not a band that I now return to often.

Don't seem to get much time to listen to music now, do like to see local bands in Neath, Skewen or Pontardawe on the weekend.
Bands you saw before they were famous on 16:24 - Feb 13 with 325 viewsYrAlarch

Bands you saw before they were famous on 14:47 - Feb 13 by RichardO

Became a fan and still am. Agree the Paris double album is excellent.
Bands you saw before they were famous on 16:43 - Feb 13 with 317 viewsYrAlarch

Bands you saw before they were famous on 14:00 - Feb 13 by JumpingJackFlash

Saw them in October of that year at a Freshers gig. On the same bill were Good Habit who wore monastic gear for their set.
Bands you saw before they were famous on 17:20 - Feb 13 with 304 viewsJumpingJackFlash

Bands you saw before they were famous on 16:43 - Feb 13 by YrAlarch

Saw them in October of that year at a Freshers gig. On the same bill were Good Habit who wore monastic gear for their set.

It’s a small world. Good Habit were the first band I saw live at Bridgend YMCA around 1969 I guess. The second was Man at Crossways Country Club near Bridgend.
Bands you saw before they were famous on 17:33 - Feb 13 with 296 viewsYrAlarch

Bands you saw before they were famous on 17:20 - Feb 13 by JumpingJackFlash

It’s a small world. Good Habit were the first band I saw live at Bridgend YMCA around 1969 I guess. The second was Man at Crossways Country Club near Bridgend.

I believe Good Habit were from Penarth.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024