Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Justice? 17:40 - Nov 15 with 1746 viewsYrAlarch

So the woman who killed the 6 month old toddler in Llanelli through dangerous driving and being over the drink/drive limit receives a 4 year prison sentence.
How ludicrous is that!
For what in reality amounts to manslaughter.
Justice? on 18:27 - Nov 15 with 1713 viewslifelong

There was a case quoted on this afternoons news where a hit and run driver killed a 31 year old pedestrian.
He received a 4 month prison sentence suspended for 2 years.. it’s unbelievable really.
Justice? on 18:53 - Nov 15 with 1695 viewsTim_Harry

Justice? on 18:27 - Nov 15 by lifelong

There was a case quoted on this afternoons news where a hit and run driver killed a 31 year old pedestrian.
He received a 4 month prison sentence suspended for 2 years.. it’s unbelievable really.

I suppose it depends on the level of public outrage.

There was a huge amount of it for the poor kid in Llanelli.

How much was there for the 31 year old pedestrian?
Justice? on 19:31 - Nov 15 with 1656 viewsonehunglow

Justice? on 18:27 - Nov 15 by lifelong

There is a movement which is trying to see increases in these disgusting sentence.
It is being debating in Parliament .I wonder how many turn up and if it went to the Lords how many would stay awake.
These sentences insult every victim.

It wont do much to obviate dangerous driving but at least victims will have some justice.

Hopefullly,it goes through and we see Police and Courts enforcing it ruthlessly. It may upset angryjack though a the pigs for Police will be harrassing "innocent "motorists. Innit

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Justice? on 19:49 - Nov 15 with 1651 viewsJack123

Awful story, just read it now, I think the woman will be regretting that decision to drive that night for the rest of her life.

And agreed the sentence is way too light and doesn't reflect what she has done.

Just puzzles me in this day and age, how drink driving still happens, I understand that drinking impairs your judgement, and you can make wrong choices, but surely deciding to take your car to the pub, would have been a sober choice.

libera nos a malo

Justice? on 20:21 - Nov 15 with 1626 viewsonehunglow

Justice? on 19:49 - Nov 15 by Jack123

Awful story, just read it now, I think the woman will be regretting that decision to drive that night for the rest of her life.

Just puzzles me in this day and age, how drink driving still happens, I understand that drinking impairs your judgement, and you can make wrong choices, but surely deciding to take your car to the pub, would have been a sober choice.

It's all about arrogance and not giving a shyte.
I locked up many whose selfish shythousery wiped out fathers/sons/brothers.
All they were @rsed about was how much time they'd served and begged Barristers to plead for them-which they did of course.

Leaving the scene of an accident means emergency services are prevented from saving lives.

The anti police brigade on here will see matters differently.

Justice? on 20:52 - Nov 15 with 1604 viewsraynor94

Justice? on 19:49 - Nov 15 by Jack123

But getting back into it, after drinking isn't

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Justice? on 21:31 - Nov 15 with 1585 viewshowenjack

There was a business man the other day who killed 2 cyclists one after the other and got a suspended sentence !?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10201213/Fury-company-director-61-mowed
Justice? on 09:39 - Nov 16 with 1500 viewsCatullus

Justice? on 20:52 - Nov 15 by raynor94

But getting back into it, after drinking isn't

People who drink drive, there is always a first time they take their car to the pub then say sod it and drive home. I can own up to that, I did it and never took my car on a night out after I drove home knowing I was over the limit. Some people just carry on doing it, they justify it to themselves somehow, until the accident when some change but there are others who do it time and again.

My long held belief is that if a drink/drug driver kills someone it should be considered murder and have a minimum sentence.

Of course these days it gets harder because there is a rise in drink spiking and even those sickos who go around injecting victims.

This woman who killed a child though, to my mind she should be doing a minimum of 10 years.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Justice? on 09:41 - Nov 16 with 1494 viewsonehunglow

Justice? on 09:39 - Nov 16 by Catullus

People who drink drive, there is always a first time they take their car to the pub then say sod it and drive home. I can own up to that, I did it and never took my car on a night out after I drove home knowing I was over the limit. Some people just carry on doing it, they justify it to themselves somehow, until the accident when some change but there are others who do it time and again.

My long held belief is that if a drink/drug driver kills someone it should be considered murder and have a minimum sentence.

Of course these days it gets harder because there is a rise in drink spiking and even those sickos who go around injecting victims.

This woman who killed a child though, to my mind she should be doing a minimum of 10 years.

Ive always believed the vehicle should be impounded and disposed of.

Justice? on 09:49 - Nov 16 with 1490 viewsYrAlarch

Justice? on 09:39 - Nov 16 by Catullus

I agree 10 years would have been more appropriate, particularly as, initially, she legged it from the scene.
Justice? on 09:51 - Nov 16 with 1489 viewsYrAlarch

Justice? on 09:41 - Nov 16 by onehunglow

Ive always believed the vehicle should be impounded and disposed of.

I agree with that, and the proceeds given to the family of the victim, also victims themselves.
Justice? on 10:22 - Nov 16 with 1477 viewsonehunglow

Justice? on 09:51 - Nov 16 by YrAlarch

I agree with that, and the proceeds given to the family of the victim, also victims themselves.

Non insured have cars seized.
They too should not get them back.
People can handle both fine and points but losing their car will truly hit home.

No excuses ,no loop hopes . We owe it to our people

Justice? on 11:46 - Nov 16 with 1464 viewsCatullus

Justice? on 10:22 - Nov 16 by onehunglow

Non insured have cars seized.
They too should not get them back.
People can handle both fine and points but losing their car will truly hit home.

No excuses ,no loop hopes . We owe it to our people

I agree with that too. Unless there is proper punishment people will continue to take the chance.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Justice? on 12:45 - Nov 16 with 1438 viewsonehunglow

Justice? on 11:46 - Nov 16 by Catullus

I agree with that too. Unless there is proper punishment people will continue to take the chance.

and there's more.
We have people who want cannabis legalised which will see more doped drivers on our streets.No? After chilling with a few spliffs,common sense goes out of the window,just like the occupants of those who are victims to these cretins.

Justice? on 15:55 - Nov 16 with 1404 viewsCatullus

Justice? on 12:45 - Nov 16 by onehunglow

and there's more.
We have people who want cannabis legalised which will see more doped drivers on our streets.No? After chilling with a few spliffs,common sense goes out of the window,just like the occupants of those who are victims to these cretins.

My experience of cannabis smokers is they aren't half the A holes that drunk people are. I never saw Cannabis smokers start fights/riots/breaches of the peace. In fact, all the people I knew who smoked regularly were are chilled out and calm.

It makes no difference though, if it's against the law the same rules should apply. In which case, under my rules if a Cannabis user killed a child it's minimum 10 years and auction their car off.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024