Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Xmas in Isolation? 16:41 - Dec 20 with 3070 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Looking like it for me.

Late yesterday evening began to find my self with a tickly throat, then up most of the night with night sweats. Lateral flow test positive this morning (received a negative result Friday night), awaiting PCR results from test this afternoon.

Feel ok, just a bit fatigued with an occasional tickly cough. Think it says something about the infectiousness of Omicron and it's vaccine escapism that I haven't been particularly careful in recent months- going to football matches, packed bars, etc quite regularly- and never caught Delta. Omicron has been around 3 weeks and working off the standard timeline I seem to have caught it sat in a largely empty pub on a Tuesday night. Did think twice about going as my drinking partner had been in London the previous weekend, but to my knowledge he hasn't had a positive test.

Anyway, anybody else on here in the same boat? People seem to be catching it left right and centre at the minute!
Xmas in Isolation? on 19:27 - Dec 20 with 2337 viewsCatullus

Well firstly, All the best and I hope this is nothing more than a slight nuisance to you and you're fit and well in short order.

I don't know anyone whose got Omicron and I haven't heard much of it in my area or in work. Nobody on my shift is off work with covid at the moment but I expect that to change if Omicron is as transmissible as they say. London are up to their necks in it though.

Night sweats are apparently one of the first symptoms of Omicron for many people.

I think a lot of people are more blasé about it now, I certainly have been though I still take precautions like mask wearing..

Anyway, look after yourself LEJ and see you on the other side

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Xmas in Isolation? on 19:30 - Dec 20 with 2329 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Xmas in Isolation? on 19:27 - Dec 20 by Catullus

Well firstly, All the best and I hope this is nothing more than a slight nuisance to you and you're fit and well in short order.

I don't know anyone whose got Omicron and I haven't heard much of it in my area or in work. Nobody on my shift is off work with covid at the moment but I expect that to change if Omicron is as transmissible as they say. London are up to their necks in it though.

Night sweats are apparently one of the first symptoms of Omicron for many people.

I think a lot of people are more blasé about it now, I certainly have been though I still take precautions like mask wearing..

Anyway, look after yourself LEJ and see you on the other side

Strange, I had mild night sweats last week and woke with a sore throat and occasional sneezing. I didn’t have a headache but a very heavy feeling like you would before the onset of a head cold. Someone I was working closely with had Covid and I was sent for a PCR which came back negative.

Maybe the old immune system isn’t so bad after all.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Xmas in Isolation? on 19:31 - Dec 20 with 2327 viewsBrynmill_Jack

PS good luck LEJ, I hope it’s as mild as it can possibly be and you have a good Christmas 🤶 🎄

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Xmas in Isolation? on 19:35 - Dec 20 with 2322 viewsCatullus

Xmas in Isolation? on 19:30 - Dec 20 by Brynmill_Jack

Strange, I had mild night sweats last week and woke with a sore throat and occasional sneezing. I didn’t have a headache but a very heavy feeling like you would before the onset of a head cold. Someone I was working closely with had Covid and I was sent for a PCR which came back negative.

Maybe the old immune system isn’t so bad after all.

If you've been paying attention you'll know that the symptoms of a common cold closely match those of Omicron.
Our sons school said if kids had a sore throat, runny nose or sneezing to keep them home and get them tested.
He had those symptoms Tuesday night so we kept him home but we waited a couple of days and he was fine, it was just a cold.

So maybe you just had a cold.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Xmas in Isolation? on 20:07 - Dec 20 with 2309 viewsangryjack

Xmas in Isolation? on 19:35 - Dec 20 by Catullus

If you've been paying attention you'll know that the symptoms of a common cold closely match those of Omicron.
Our sons school said if kids had a sore throat, runny nose or sneezing to keep them home and get them tested.
He had those symptoms Tuesday night so we kept him home but we waited a couple of days and he was fine, it was just a cold.

Treat it like a common cold as that all itis
Xmas in Isolation? on 20:10 - Dec 20 with 2308 viewsGoldenBear

Xmas in Isolation? on 19:35 - Dec 20 by Catullus

Colds and flu dont exist anymore,keep up.FFS.
Xmas in Isolation? on 20:28 - Dec 20 with 2294 viewsmajorraglan

Had it last Christmas.
Felt very tired, run down, the skin on my back was very sensitive; a few mates who’d had covid before reported similar symptoms so I knew something wasn’t right. I had a minor cough so booked a test about 3 days before Christmas and the result came back positive on Christmas morning forcing us all in to self isolation. Over the coming days the others caught it, it was almost 3 weeks before that last person was out of SI.

One of er indoors family has tested positive today - their Christmas plans have gone to pot.

All I can say is get plenty of rest and if you haven’t got one already get a pulse oximeter. A decent one will cost between £10 and £20 and you can use it it to monitor and track your vital statistics - blood oxygen saturation level and pulse.

Hope you come though this unscathed. Best wishes.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2021 20:29]
Xmas in Isolation? on 21:00 - Dec 20 with 2260 viewsKeithHaynes

All good LEJ ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Xmas in Isolation? on 21:30 - Dec 20 with 2224 viewsFlashberryjack

Xmas in Isolation? on 20:28 - Dec 20 by majorraglan

Had it last Christmas.
Felt very tired, run down, the skin on my back was very sensitive; a few mates who’d had covid before reported similar symptoms so I knew something wasn’t right. I had a minor cough so booked a test about 3 days before Christmas and the result came back positive on Christmas morning forcing us all in to self isolation. Over the coming days the others caught it, it was almost 3 weeks before that last person was out of SI.

One of er indoors family has tested positive today - their Christmas plans have gone to pot.

All I can say is get plenty of rest and if you haven’t got one already get a pulse oximeter. A decent one will cost between £10 and £20 and you can use it it to monitor and track your vital statistics - blood oxygen saturation level and pulse.

Hope you come though this unscathed. Best wishes.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2021 20:29]

I bought one of those a pulse oximeter things about 6 months ago, works really well.

I had calibrated for accuracy at my local doctors surgery when I visited, almost identical readings.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Xmas in Isolation? on 21:31 - Dec 20 with 2224 viewsScotia

All the best LEJ.

It seems to be rampant at the moment.

I've just noticed that the Ospreys boxing day game is postponed due to 18 positive PCR tests in the squad, all of whom had tested negative with lateral flow tests.
Xmas in Isolation? on 21:39 - Dec 20 with 2204 viewsmajorraglan

Xmas in Isolation? on 21:31 - Dec 20 by Scotia

All the best LEJ.

It seems to be rampant at the moment.

I've just noticed that the Ospreys boxing day game is postponed due to 18 positive PCR tests in the squad, all of whom had tested negative with lateral flow tests.

Hadn’t seen that, 18 negative LFTs v 18 positive PCR’s is unbelievable. Rubbish LFT’s or are they all like that? Scary.
Xmas in Isolation? on 23:10 - Dec 20 with 2146 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Thanks all for the well wishes.

More than anything I'd describe it as just a sense of feeling 'run down' as opposed to being genuinely ill. Early days of course but I've certainly had worse colds! Not sure if it's in anyway related but my acid reflux, which sometimes flares up, has been giving me far worse jip today than any of the Covid symptoms. Certainly thankful for my vaccine doses anyway, unlike some on here! I'm young and in decent health but I still wouldn't fancy riding it out without one.

2 mates had positive lateral flows today as well. One reporting the exact same symptoms as me, one with no symptoms at all (as yet). Suspect we'll be the first of many.

Anyway, I'm currently hunkered down in a bedroom with an en suite and effective room service, so I can't complain too much.

Merry Christmas everyone!
Xmas in Isolation? on 23:20 - Dec 20 with 2124 viewsKeithHaynes

Xmas in Isolation? on 23:10 - Dec 20 by LittleEnglandJack

More than anything I'd describe it as just a sense of feeling 'run down' as opposed to being genuinely ill. Early days of course but I've certainly had worse colds! Not sure if it's in anyway related but my acid reflux, which sometimes flares up, has been giving me far worse jip today than any of the Covid symptoms. Certainly thankful for my vaccine doses anyway, unlike some on here! I'm young and in decent health but I still wouldn't fancy riding it out without one.

2 mates had positive lateral flows today as well. One reporting the exact same symptoms as me, one with no symptoms at all (as yet). Suspect we'll be the first of many.

Anyway, I'm currently hunkered down in a bedroom with an en suite and effective room service, so I can't complain too much.

Fill in the latest poll mate 👍

Xmas in Isolation? on 23:23 - Dec 20 with 2116 viewsKeithHaynes

I have to add this, wasn’t feeling brilliant yesterday. So as I was in the med centre this morning for a blood test for stuff I asked for a test. They took my temperature and asked me if I could taste this liquid they put on my tongue. I could taste it.

They said I didn’t need one.

Xmas in Isolation? on 11:33 - Dec 21 with 1979 viewsScotia

Xmas in Isolation? on 21:39 - Dec 20 by majorraglan

Hadn’t seen that, 18 negative LFTs v 18 positive PCR’s is unbelievable. Rubbish LFT’s or are they all like that? Scary.

It is scary.

I suspect more to follow - they were only picked up by a squad wide PCR check. It's been confirmed to be omicron too apparently.
Xmas in Isolation? on 11:38 - Dec 21 with 1973 viewsScotia

Xmas in Isolation? on 23:10 - Dec 20 by LittleEnglandJack

If this is to be believe you should have "super immunity" now.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10326639/People-COVID-fully-vaccinated-

Hope it gets no worse.

My brother in law is in a similar situation. Had covid early in the first wave, was really rough and couldn't lift his head from the pillow at one point. Two doses of vaccine and caught it again last week, he's just a bit tired this time and he's far from young and fit.
Xmas in Isolation? on 12:00 - Dec 21 with 1964 viewsCatullus

Xmas in Isolation? on 11:38 - Dec 21 by Scotia

If this is to be believe you should have "super immunity" now.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10326639/People-COVID-fully-vaccinated-

Hope it gets no worse.

My brother in law is in a similar situation. Had covid early in the first wave, was really rough and couldn't lift his head from the pillow at one point. Two doses of vaccine and caught it again last week, he's just a bit tired this time and he's far from young and fit.

Maybe the unvaccinated should listen to this fella,

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/doctor-dismantles-vaccine-hesitancy-argume

Xmas in Isolation? on 12:19 - Dec 21 with 1951 viewsRonaldStump

The whole point of Omicron in this traditional common cold time of year is to target places where the poison passport is in full effect.
They are ramping up the cycles on the PCR.
What do you get a lot of jabbed people (as they are the only people that can go into pubs restaurants etc) falsely testing positive for the Rona.
What do they have the common cold
Will they go to hospital of course NOT
Why - because the jab is doing it's job
CLEVER? Well the brainwashed won't work it out
But some of us can see right through it.

(He She Him)

Xmas in Isolation? on 12:49 - Dec 21 with 1935 viewsItchySphincter

I’ve got it. For the anti-vacsers, same symptoms as pre jabs.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Xmas in Isolation? on 13:27 - Dec 21 with 1893 views1462jack

Xmas in Isolation? on 12:19 - Dec 21 by RonaldStump

The whole point of Omicron in this traditional common cold time of year is to target places where the poison passport is in full effect.
They are ramping up the cycles on the PCR.
What do you get a lot of jabbed people (as they are the only people that can go into pubs restaurants etc) falsely testing positive for the Rona.
What do they have the common cold
Will they go to hospital of course NOT
Why - because the jab is doing it's job
CLEVER? Well the brainwashed won't work it out
But some of us can see right through it.

Make sure you get jabbed it’s the only way out of this pandemic , oh sorry change of mind you need to be double jabbed , oh we were wrong again there is this super speeding variant that is as nasty as the common cold you must be triple jabbed , remember these jabs are the only way out of this mess “ December 17th records the highest ever infection rate “ brilliant
Xmas in Isolation? on 18:05 - Dec 21 with 1789 viewscontroversial_jack

Xmas in Isolation? on 21:39 - Dec 20 by majorraglan

LFT ,s are for those who don't have symptoms. A PCR is for those that do
Xmas in Isolation? on 18:09 - Dec 21 with 1777 viewsmajorraglan

Xmas in Isolation? on 18:05 - Dec 21 by controversial_jack

LFT ,s are for those who don't have symptoms. A PCR is for those that do

Yes, but I wouldn’t have thought 18 negative LFT’s would have subsequently become 18 positive PCR’s.
Xmas in Isolation? on 18:49 - Dec 21 with 1761 viewsScotia

Xmas in Isolation? on 18:09 - Dec 21 by majorraglan

Yes, but I wouldn’t have thought 18 negative LFT’s would have subsequently become 18 positive PCR’s.

In the experience of those I know when symptoms are present LFT'S are pretty accurate.

The ospreys experience may mean that they were asymptomatic, assuming they are vaccinated and have omicron it could be the vaccine reducing the symptoms.

There is a few ifs and maybes there though.
Xmas in Isolation? on 19:22 - Dec 21 with 1735 viewsshingle

Tonight's and tomorrows Beauty and the Beast shows at the Millennium centre have been cancelled due to many of the cast catching the virus.
Xmas in Isolation? on 19:26 - Dec 21 with 1733 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Xmas in Isolation? on 19:22 - Dec 21 by shingle

Tonight's and tomorrows Beauty and the Beast shows at the Millennium centre have been cancelled due to many of the cast catching the virus.

Even the candle and the clock caught it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024