Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russia invade Ukraine 14:17 - Dec 23 with 153083 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Discuss.

Also why is Putin always described in the media as this rugged strongman? He’s barely five foot tall with his high heels on.

But that’s another debate.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Russia invade Ukraine on 17:45 - Mar 9 with 1182 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Russia invade Ukraine on 17:00 - Mar 9 by Boundy

God he is a short arse , dangerous but still short

Right?

People suggesting he’s 5’7 are completely barking mad.

There’s lots of evidence he wears extra thick platform style shoes to add on a few inches and he genuinely hates being photographed with people taller than him, which is nearly everybody.
Russia invade Ukraine on 18:30 - Mar 9 with 1155 viewsshingle

Russia invade Ukraine on 17:00 - Mar 9 by Boundy

God he is a short arse , dangerous but still short

Who, Putin or the Chief.
Russia invade Ukraine on 18:54 - Mar 9 with 1135 viewsGwyn737

Has The Spectator grown a conscience?
Russia invade Ukraine on 20:52 - Mar 9 with 1076 viewsKilkennyjack

Russia invade Ukraine on 18:54 - Mar 9 by Gwyn737

Has The Spectator grown a conscience?

Calling this out tbf, but i doubt it.

Hopefully the hard of thinking Brits Nats will now accept it.

Beware of the Risen People

Russia invade Ukraine on 21:10 - Mar 9 with 1046 viewsAjack_Kerouac

Russia invade Ukraine on 16:58 - Mar 9 by Catullus

I brought this up before when I was pointing out that Putin was very cosy with right wing politicians and re the Neo Nazi's in Russia, in response to Controversial's view that Putin invaded because of the neo's when he has more neo's in Russia than there are in Ukraine.

Le pen must be feeling quite sick about all this.

Watch and learn something...
[Post edited 9 Mar 2022 21:14]

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

Russia invade Ukraine on 21:21 - Mar 9 with 1048 viewsKilkennyjack

Put in his place 🇪🇺

Beware of the Risen People

Russia invade Ukraine on 21:24 - Mar 9 with 1031 viewsDr_Winston

Russia invade Ukraine on 21:21 - Mar 9 by Kilkennyjack

Put in his place 🇪🇺

Yet the Ukrainians continue to state otherwise.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Russia invade Ukraine on 21:38 - Mar 9 with 1016 viewsAjack_Kerouac

So the Americans have been egging Poland on to start WWIII by offering planes to Ukraine.
Poland have offered to move the jets to a US base in Germany so that America could start WWIII if they so wish...
...the criminals in the White House are, naturally, spinning this.

At the end of all this the US will be totally isolated, the woke elites have done a lot of talking big and are now failing to walk the walk...the Ukrainians have been led up the garden path to their destruction.
America's word will not mean shit anymore....perhaps this is what the Democrats wanted though.

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

Login to get fewer ads

Russia invade Ukraine on 07:02 - Mar 10 with 972 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 21:38 - Mar 9 by Ajack_Kerouac

So the Americans have been egging Poland on to start WWIII by offering planes to Ukraine.
Poland have offered to move the jets to a US base in Germany so that America could start WWIII if they so wish...

At the end of all this the US will be totally isolated, the woke elites have done a lot of talking big and are now failing to walk the walk...the Ukrainians have been led up the garden path to their destruction.
America's word will not mean shit anymore....perhaps this is what the Democrats wanted though.

I think it is Russia that is trying to start WWIII.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Russia invade Ukraine on 08:42 - Mar 10 with 955 viewsCatullus

Russia invade Ukraine on 21:24 - Mar 9 by Dr_Winston

Yet the Ukrainians continue to state otherwise.

The EU and their supporters are obviously not going to let the UK take any credit for being at the forefront of help. I still prefer to listen to a Ukrainian politician though

Thorning-Shmidt is Stephen Kinnocks wife, they are big EU supporters.

When/if Vadym Pristaiko says the EU are in the forefront I will believe him. On that point though, he does say we can all do more and we should. I agree with kilky that we should do more for refugees, the visa thing is stupid, we should make it easier, simple for these poor people to reach a safe haven.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Russia invade Ukraine on 08:52 - Mar 10 with 952 viewsScotia

Russia invade Ukraine on 07:02 - Mar 10 by felixstowe_jack

I don't think they are. They want Ukraine and thought taking it would be easy. It's not because a significant majority of Ukrainians want to be more closely aligned to the EU.

Unfortunately their nuclear threat / capbility and willingness to slaughter innocent civillians put's NATO, the EU and Ukraine over a barrel.

This is going to get even messier and we will have WWIII unless one side changes course. I can't see that being Russia for a number of years at least. They're in too deep.

I honestly think Ukraine need to surrender the disputed areas in East Ukraine and Crimea . They already seem to have given up on NATO. Purely to save millions of lives. The west keep up the severe sanctions on Russia and phase out their supply of fossil fuels ASAP.

Putin is nearly 70, surely change will come in Russia over the next decade.
Russia invade Ukraine on 08:55 - Mar 10 with 948 viewsScotia

Russia invade Ukraine on 21:38 - Mar 9 by Ajack_Kerouac

I don't think it will be the US who are isolated after this.
Russia invade Ukraine on 08:55 - Mar 10 with 945 viewsDr_Winston

Russia invade Ukraine on 08:42 - Mar 10 by Catullus

The EU and their supporters are obviously not going to let the UK take any credit for being at the forefront of help. I still prefer to listen to a Ukrainian politician though

Thorning-Shmidt is Stephen Kinnocks wife, they are big EU supporters.

When/if Vadym Pristaiko says the EU are in the forefront I will believe him. On that point though, he does say we can all do more and we should. I agree with kilky that we should do more for refugees, the visa thing is stupid, we should make it easier, simple for these poor people to reach a safe haven.

The UK was training and arming Ukrainian forces whilst the Germans were still planning to send them helmets. That's all you need to know about the EU's reponse to this before they were shamed into taking stronger action. You get the feeling that they'd have preferred the Russians to win quickly so they could get back to buying their gas.

Agree on the refugee thing. We should be making it easier for the children at least to get here if needs be.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Russia invade Ukraine on 09:14 - Mar 10 with 940 viewsCatullus

Russia invade Ukraine on 08:52 - Mar 10 by Scotia

I don't think they are. They want Ukraine and thought taking it would be easy. It's not because a significant majority of Ukrainians want to be more closely aligned to the EU.

Unfortunately their nuclear threat / capbility and willingness to slaughter innocent civillians put's NATO, the EU and Ukraine over a barrel.

This is going to get even messier and we will have WWIII unless one side changes course. I can't see that being Russia for a number of years at least. They're in too deep.

I honestly think Ukraine need to surrender the disputed areas in East Ukraine and Crimea . They already seem to have given up on NATO. Purely to save millions of lives. The west keep up the severe sanctions on Russia and phase out their supply of fossil fuels ASAP.

Putin is nearly 70, surely change will come in Russia over the next decade.

Putin, I think, has coveted Ukraine ever since he came to power. he has been planning it for a long time, cosying up to Germany, getting Europe to use so much of his gas and oil, he thought having the West reliant on his resources would stop us taking action against him. The annexing of Crimea emboldened him further, the West doing practically nothing. Then the "rebels" in Donetsk and Luhansk further tested the waters.
He thought the West was weak and divided, he thought he'd take Ukraine easily in a few days, he has had a surprise. his actions have re-united the West and NATO and indeed, brought a lot of countries outside Europe into taking sanctions against him.
Then there's Ukraine itself, perhaps his biggest shock of all, they haven't laid down and accepted him, they are fighting like lions.
Something else this has shown is that Russia's conventional forces aren't as strong as people assumed. Putin must know he cannot afford a conventional war with NATO, he will lose. His massive 40km convoy is now being described simply as a traffic jam, it has stopped completely which a military expert put down to vehicle breakdown and desertions. it must be quite humiliating for Putin.
The big worry could be, how stable is Putin? is he a bit unhinged, is he capable of going nuclear over this? or will he end up like Hitler, losing his mind and then losing his life, locked up in his bunker because hopefully there are people in there with him who won't allow a nuclear attack.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Russia invade Ukraine on 09:25 - Mar 10 with 928 viewsAjack_Kerouac

Russia invade Ukraine on 07:02 - Mar 10 by felixstowe_jack

The Russian's are trying to resolve their problem on their Southern border, they have been trying to resolve this for about a decade.
They hoped Ukraine would cave.
The Ukraine wouldn't cave because they thought the West had their backs, they have been egged on by irresponsible Americans (the Democrat party in particular).

At any point during the past month or so the invasion could have been stopped by negotiating a settlement in the East of Ukraine. The Russians have turned the screw tighter and tighter hoping to bring the negotiation about.
If they wanted to, they could have destroyed all major cities from the air by now.

Watch Oliver Stone's 'Ukraine on Fire' and you will have a better understanding of the whole picture.

The Russians invaded Ukraine on Feb 24th, the 8th anniversary of the coup. Atrocities were committed against Russian speaking Ukrainians. This is fact.

The 'Z' symbol on the Russian tanks we see on the news is one of 4 symbols; 'A', 'Z', 'O' & 'V'.
Look up the AZOV battalion.

The Russians have been warning that they would not accept Ukraine's submersion into NATO and the EU for decades....Just like USA wouldn't accept Cuba housing Soviet nuclear missiles.

Nobody can pretend any of this is a surprise. We are here because the Biden administration (and the Obama administration before that) wanted us here...the Ukrainians are now questioning 'where is our promised support?'
Poland is questioning; 'Why do the Americans want us to leave ourselves open to war with Russia when the Americans are unwilling to put themselves in harms way?'

This is a disaster for the USA even though Russia can't possibly win this war...all they can do is shave off the Russian speaking regions.
It is a disaster for the USA because everybody can see how the Ukrainians have been used in order to suck Russia into this disastrous action (which will cost them dearly) and they will no longer believe any American President's empty promises.

...and finally, a question.
Were we starting WWIII when we invaded Iraq or Afghanistan? We were starting WWIII when we took military action in Libya or Syria?

Stop listening to propaganda from our corrupted media, educate yourself and try to think clearly, be coherent.
Rules/principles should be applied equally across the board.
There's nothing worse than a bent referee.

Russia invade Ukraine on 10:06 - Mar 10 with 924 viewsCatullus

Russia invade Ukraine on 08:55 - Mar 10 by Dr_Winston

The UK was training and arming Ukrainian forces whilst the Germans were still planning to send them helmets. That's all you need to know about the EU's reponse to this before they were shamed into taking stronger action. You get the feeling that they'd have preferred the Russians to win quickly so they could get back to buying their gas.

Agree on the refugee thing. We should be making it easier for the children at least to get here if needs be.

Germany was vetoing some EU proposals and NATO responses until, as you say, the shame set in.

We have many illegal immigrants yet we don't just open our gates to Ukraine's victims of war, it makes no sense to me.

Russia invade Ukraine on 10:24 - Mar 10 with 904 viewsAjack_Kerouac

Russia invade Ukraine on 10:06 - Mar 10 by Catullus

Germany was vetoing some EU proposals and NATO responses until, as you say, the shame set in.

We have many illegal immigrants yet we don't just open our gates to Ukraine's victims of war, it makes no sense to me.

It makes sense to me...

We are a very long way from Ukraine.
The EU needed to open it's borders completely, because their countries are where the refugees are running too.

These Ukrainian's in Paris waiting to get into the UK are no longer in mortal danger, there is no consequence to them waiting for a couple of weeks, it is not necessary for us to suspend our border rules.

As usual, the attempt by the Left to switch the conversation to the Ukrainian refugees coming to Britain is a total diversionary tactic.
- They don't want to talk about the mess that their US President has made
- They do not want to talk about the shameful non-actions of the EU at the start of this.
- They do not want to talk about the disastrous policy that has led us to this point...the Left's policies regarding Climate, regarding shutting down USA's expansion of energy production, their hero Angela Merkel's clusterf*ck of decision making over 2 decades.
- They don't want to talk about their anti-nuclear policies, both in terms of energy and weapons
- They don't want to talk about their opposition to military spending
- They don't want to talk about their support of Putin for so long (because he was anti-America, as are they...that is as about sophisticated and nuanced as the Left gets)
- They don't want to talk about how the UK has been leading in supporting Ukraine militarily and with economic sanctions.

Instead they are talking about something which is irrelevant (as the Ukrainians trying to get into UK are safe already - whether they be in France or Poland) because they wake up every day needing to attack our country to justify their opposition to all that our country stands for.
They think there is political gain for them in this issue, and if we are stupid enough to have our attention diverted from what is really important, there will be.

Russia invade Ukraine on 10:33 - Mar 10 with 903 viewscontroversial_jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 09:25 - Mar 10 by Ajack_Kerouac

The Russian's are trying to resolve their problem on their Southern border, they have been trying to resolve this for about a decade.
The Ukraine wouldn't cave because they thought the West had their backs, they have been egged on by irresponsible Americans (the Democrat party in particular).

At any point during the past month or so the invasion could have been stopped by negotiating a settlement in the East of Ukraine. The Russians have turned the screw tighter and tighter hoping to bring the negotiation about.
If they wanted to, they could have destroyed all major cities from the air by now.

Watch Oliver Stone's 'Ukraine on Fire' and you will have a better understanding of the whole picture.

The Russians invaded Ukraine on Feb 24th, the 8th anniversary of the coup. Atrocities were committed against Russian speaking Ukrainians. This is fact.

The 'Z' symbol on the Russian tanks we see on the news is one of 4 symbols; 'A', 'Z', 'O' & 'V'.

The Russians have been warning that they would not accept Ukraine's submersion into NATO and the EU for decades....Just like USA wouldn't accept Cuba housing Soviet nuclear missiles.

Nobody can pretend any of this is a surprise. We are here because the Biden administration (and the Obama administration before that) wanted us here...the Ukrainians are now questioning 'where is our promised support?'
Poland is questioning; 'Why do the Americans want us to leave ourselves open to war with Russia when the Americans are unwilling to put themselves in harms way?'

This is a disaster for the USA even though Russia can't possibly win this war...all they can do is shave off the Russian speaking regions.
It is a disaster for the USA because everybody can see how the Ukrainians have been used in order to suck Russia into this disastrous action (which will cost them dearly) and they will no longer believe any American President's empty promises.

Were we starting WWIII when we invaded Iraq or Afghanistan? We were starting WWIII when we took military action in Libya or Syria?

Stop listening to propaganda from our corrupted media, educate yourself and try to think clearly, be coherent.

This is a great post and very true. Putin also want's the Ukraine as a kind of no mans land buffer between Russia and NATO. He doesn't want the Ukraine for it's resources as Russia has enough of it's own and is a basket case financially. Unfortunately, I think the Ukraine will be destroyed in the process. Putin will get his way, he always does.
Russia invade Ukraine on 11:22 - Mar 10 with 875 viewsScotia

Russia invade Ukraine on 10:33 - Mar 10 by controversial_jack

This is a great post and very true. Putin also want's the Ukraine as a kind of no mans land buffer between Russia and NATO. He doesn't want the Ukraine for it's resources as Russia has enough of it's own and is a basket case financially. Unfortunately, I think the Ukraine will be destroyed in the process. Putin will get his way, he always does.

Apart from the glaring omission in this entire debate and that is the will of the Ukrainian people.

Putin won't get his way fully, even if he claims he does. He'll get Ukraine, but it'll be a flattened mess and full of people who despise him and everything he stands for. His puppet government will have no legitimacy and his enforcers on the ground will be threatened with death wherever they go.

Back in Moscow people may well start to wonder why they can't have a McDonalds or go to Greece on holiday anymore. Not to mention a decreased standard of life as sanctions bit.

This could be the end of him. I just hope he doesn't push the button before he goes. I'm far from certain he won't.
Russia invade Ukraine on 12:10 - Mar 10 with 842 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Russia invade Ukraine on 09:25 - Mar 10 by Ajack_Kerouac

"It is a disaster for the USA because everybody can see how the Ukrainians have been used in order to suck Russia into this disastrous action (which will cost them dearly) and they will no longer believe any American President's empty promises. "

That may be true of world leaders, but not the public, who are fed a diet of lies every day.

Nobody is talking about the repercussions of this military action and the world's responses.
The aim of the UN Agendas and the WEF is to make energy too expensive for the poor, especially for mobility purposes.
Well this will advance that cause a lot as the world faces massive inflation on top of the inflation that was caused by COVID.
There are dark times ahead.
Russia invade Ukraine on 13:40 - Mar 10 with 812 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Russia invade Ukraine on 12:10 - Mar 10 by A_Fans_Dad

"It is a disaster for the USA because everybody can see how the Ukrainians have been used in order to suck Russia into this disastrous action (which will cost them dearly) and they will no longer believe any American President's empty promises. "

That may be true of world leaders, but not the public, who are fed a diet of lies every day.

Nobody is talking about the repercussions of this military action and the world's responses.
The aim of the UN Agendas and the WEF is to make energy too expensive for the poor, especially for mobility purposes.
Well this will advance that cause a lot as the world faces massive inflation on top of the inflation that was caused by COVID.
There are dark times ahead.

The most frustrating thing is that petrol is actually quite cheap. Even now at its highest ever price it’s only around 50p a litre. Two thirds of what we pay at the pump is tax that our esteemed government has the power to cut or remove at any point.

You have energy companies making billions yet still hiking up prices. It’s all a racket really.
Russia invade Ukraine on 14:14 - Mar 10 with 792 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Russia invade Ukraine on 13:40 - Mar 10 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

The most frustrating thing is that petrol is actually quite cheap. Even now at its highest ever price it’s only around 50p a litre. Two thirds of what we pay at the pump is tax that our esteemed government has the power to cut or remove at any point.

You have energy companies making billions yet still hiking up prices. It’s all a racket really.

Let me modify that last sentence for you.
You have energy companies making billions while governments make even more billions in taxes yet still allow the hiking up of prices to make even more tax billions while blaming the oil producers.
Russia invade Ukraine on 15:21 - Mar 10 with 750 viewsAjack_Kerouac

Today Lavrov is meeting the Ukrainian foreign minister in Turkey.
They apparently discussed a meeting between Putin and Zelensky.

Not being talked about in the media though is it.

The EU Parliament today voted to sanction Poland and Hungary, 2 countries that have taken 1.6 million Ukrainian refugees in the past fortnight.
The Lefties amongst us will not be outraged by that though, they will stick to bashing Boris all day every day.
Cretins.

Russia invade Ukraine on 17:27 - Mar 10 with 707 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 13:40 - Mar 10 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

Current fuel price
67.05 per litre plus 57.95 fuel duty plus Vat 25 = £1.50.

Russia invade Ukraine on 17:30 - Mar 10 with 706 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 15:21 - Mar 10 by Ajack_Kerouac

Today Lavrov is meeting the Ukrainian foreign minister in Turkey.
They apparently discussed a meeting between Putin and Zelensky.

Not being talked about in the media though is it.

The EU Parliament today voted to sanction Poland and Hungary, 2 countries that have taken 1.6 million Ukrainian refugees in the past fortnight.
The Lefties amongst us will not be outraged by that though, they will stick to bashing Boris all day every day.
Cretins.

It has been in newspapers and on the Radio today but everyone knows Russia is not interested in peace. If they were Russia would announce a ceasefire until talks are finished.

How can Russia have peace talks when they claim there is no war, no invasion just special military manoeuvres to free Ukraine from the NAZI.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2022 17:32]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024