Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russia invade Ukraine 14:17 - Dec 23 with 152373 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Discuss.

Also why is Putin always described in the media as this rugged strongman? He’s barely five foot tall with his high heels on.

But that’s another debate.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Russia invade Ukraine on 10:51 - May 2 with 744 viewsBoundy

Russia invade Ukraine on 10:16 - May 2 by controversial_jack

Spot on. Zelensky was offered a peace deal by Russia , but was told by Washington to reject it and fight on to the last Ukranian

A link please to when and whom instructed Zelensky to reject the offer .

In fact Zelensky said on the 27th March that Ukraine was prepared to discuss neutrality in peace talks "Security guarantees and neutrality, non-nuclear status of our state. We are ready to go for it. This is the most important point," Mr Zelensky said in the 90-minute video call.
Mr Zelensky said that any potential agreement would require a face-to-face meeting with President Putin and that effective security guarantees that Ukraine would not come under attack were essential.
The Ukrainian leader - speaking in Russian throughout - added that Russia's invasion has caused the destruction of Russian-speaking cities in Ukraine.
Later, in an overnight video address to his nation, Mr Zelensky said Ukraine sought peace "without delay"

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Russia invade Ukraine on 10:53 - May 2 with 743 viewsLorax

Russia invade Ukraine on 09:00 - May 2 by Brynmill_Jack

Ouch! And from a fellow Dunvant boy too.

No I’m not a Russian apologist - I don’t want any warfare anywhere (especially if the threat of a nuclear war could be the final outcome).

What I’m trying to point out (just like Iraq and Afghanistan) - war is being stoked on this side of the fence (notably in Congress where at least 25% of those therein have stocks and shares in “defence”) to make billions for the arms industry - giving free weapons to the Ukrainians which will then plunge them into horrific debt for probably over a century or more with their GDP. More likely western conglomerates will co-opt Ukraine’s natural resources like the GW Bush administration did allowing Halliburton to run riot in Iraq .

If peace was desired it was easily achievable in this present conflict but that’s not going to keep Raytheon, General Dynamics and others in profit so western peace initiatives have been conspicuous by their absence while talk of escalation just ramps up.

War hasn’t been about noble causes for many years - it’s about money pure and simple and that’s why there has been almost perpetual conflict somewhere or other for the USA since the Balkans.

Peace is easily achievable? Yes if Ukraine gives Putin everything he asks for. Zelenskyy has said no though, he will not hand over large swathes of Ukrainian territory to Russia.

The rest of it, yes there is the military industrial complex that loves a good war. Yes there is, always has been and always will be interference from arms dealers and governments. Even back in medieval days Kings and Queens plotted and unscrupulous people supplied swords and bows and arrows to anybody who'd buy them.

I don't remember saying there was anything noble about war, this war anyway. Wars are always good for making profit. The USA's lend lease program made them a shedload of profit just from us.

Wy do you think any Western peace initiative would work? Putin doesn't trust the West, he doesn't trust the EU or NATO, the UK or USA.

There has always been perpetual conflict, since the dawn of time humans have been making war. We have always been taking what we want from the smaller and weaker. It's not a modern phenomenon.

PS, I'm not a Dunvant boy.
Russia invade Ukraine on 11:12 - May 2 with 714 viewscontroversial_jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 10:51 - May 2 by Boundy

A link please to when and whom instructed Zelensky to reject the offer .

In fact Zelensky said on the 27th March that Ukraine was prepared to discuss neutrality in peace talks "Security guarantees and neutrality, non-nuclear status of our state. We are ready to go for it. This is the most important point," Mr Zelensky said in the 90-minute video call.
Mr Zelensky said that any potential agreement would require a face-to-face meeting with President Putin and that effective security guarantees that Ukraine would not come under attack were essential.
The Ukrainian leader - speaking in Russian throughout - added that Russia's invasion has caused the destruction of Russian-speaking cities in Ukraine.
Later, in an overnight video address to his nation, Mr Zelensky said Ukraine sought peace "without delay"

They have no choice, they are going to lose
Russia invade Ukraine on 11:25 - May 2 with 719 viewsBoundy

Russia invade Ukraine on 11:12 - May 2 by controversial_jack

No link then , I thought not , no substance or facts to back up your outlandish statements.

Russia invade Ukraine on 11:30 - May 2 with 715 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 11:12 - May 2 by controversial_jack

Strange how the Russian forces are doing so badly. They have retreated from their main target in Kyiv and making very little progress elsewhere main while the Russian economy is crashing.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Russia invade Ukraine on 11:36 - May 2 with 712 viewsraynor94

Kenny Everett had the right idea about Russia all those years ago

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Russia invade Ukraine on 11:41 - May 2 with 712 viewsLorax

Russia invade Ukraine on 11:25 - May 2 by Boundy

No link then , I thought not , no substance or facts to back up your outlandish statements.

It's the standard format, deride any source that is "MSM" as being biased but then make claims that either cannot be verified, come from some other media and could be any old whackjob or just don't provide any evidence at all. The last bit usually involves a suggestion that not believing them makes you a tad dumb.

It can get hard to stay patient and that is why I'm folllowing site guidelines and hitting ignore.
It's not even that I'm offended by what some people post but I do get bored stupid of reading these nonsense posts that seem to go on endlessly.

I know I post nonsense too but hopefully not as consistently.
Russia invade Ukraine on 12:14 - May 2 with 690 viewsBoundy

Russia invade Ukraine on 11:41 - May 2 by Lorax

It's the standard format, deride any source that is "MSM" as being biased but then make claims that either cannot be verified, come from some other media and could be any old whackjob or just don't provide any evidence at all. The last bit usually involves a suggestion that not believing them makes you a tad dumb.

It can get hard to stay patient and that is why I'm folllowing site guidelines and hitting ignore.
It's not even that I'm offended by what some people post but I do get bored stupid of reading these nonsense posts that seem to go on endlessly.

I suppose the easy way would be to ignore their nonsense , perhaps they're bored with their hum drum lives and its the only pleasure they have. I won't give up the opptunity of making them look even more sadder that's they already are . I'm not blowing smoke up your arris but I believe everything you've posted on the subject can be verified unlike for example CJs which has now become a constant stream of unverified one line comments of which has very little basis of truth .IMO

Login to get fewer ads

Russia invade Ukraine on 12:35 - May 2 with 682 viewsLorax

Russia invade Ukraine on 12:14 - May 2 by Boundy

I suppose the easy way would be to ignore their nonsense , perhaps they're bored with their hum drum lives and its the only pleasure they have. I won't give up the opptunity of making them look even more sadder that's they already are . I'm not blowing smoke up your arris but I believe everything you've posted on the subject can be verified unlike for example CJs which has now become a constant stream of unverified one line comments of which has very little basis of truth .IMO

I agree with you though I will admit that I have made mistakes and posted some things which are wrong, though they are genuine mistakes, not deliberate misinformation or nonsense.

I hit a point where enough was enough, Contro, i don't even think he believes all he posts. He's just being deliberately controversial which, in my opinion, is a it sad. If you genuinely believe something that's controversial then ok, it can be debated honestly, going out of your way to be controversial though, nah, not worth getting involved in.
Russia invade Ukraine on 13:15 - May 2 with 657 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 10:53 - May 2 by Lorax

Peace is easily achievable? Yes if Ukraine gives Putin everything he asks for. Zelenskyy has said no though, he will not hand over large swathes of Ukrainian territory to Russia.

The rest of it, yes there is the military industrial complex that loves a good war. Yes there is, always has been and always will be interference from arms dealers and governments. Even back in medieval days Kings and Queens plotted and unscrupulous people supplied swords and bows and arrows to anybody who'd buy them.

I don't remember saying there was anything noble about war, this war anyway. Wars are always good for making profit. The USA's lend lease program made them a shedload of profit just from us.

Wy do you think any Western peace initiative would work? Putin doesn't trust the West, he doesn't trust the EU or NATO, the UK or USA.

There has always been perpetual conflict, since the dawn of time humans have been making war. We have always been taking what we want from the smaller and weaker. It's not a modern phenomenon.

PS, I'm not a Dunvant boy.

Thought I saw on one of your posts that you were. My apologies.

The Minsk agreement was between Russia, Ukrain and those eastern Republics in the Donbas calling a ceasefire that broke down on both sides.. Since the agreement and it’s demise 15000 ethnic Russians have died. President Macron has kept asking for this to be revisited but to no avail.

It makes sense to allow Donbas autonomy or independence and to stop the shelling. Surely peace could be reached and would send Russian troops back home so normal life could resume?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Russia invade Ukraine on 13:36 - May 2 with 646 viewsLorax

Russia invade Ukraine on 13:15 - May 2 by Brynmill_Jack

Thought I saw on one of your posts that you were. My apologies.

The Minsk agreement was between Russia, Ukrain and those eastern Republics in the Donbas calling a ceasefire that broke down on both sides.. Since the agreement and it’s demise 15000 ethnic Russians have died. President Macron has kept asking for this to be revisited but to no avail.

It makes sense to allow Donbas autonomy or independence and to stop the shelling. Surely peace could be reached and would send Russian troops back home so normal life could resume?

Sorry but I have to challenge your numbers there. According to what I have seen, up til 2018 anyway, the death toll was close to 13000 but that was across the board and not purely ethnic Russians.

https://www.unian.info/war/10416549-donbas-war-death-toll-rises-up-to-nearly-13-

According to official figures ethnic Russians make up 39% of the population of Donbas, 58% are ethnic Ukrainian, why should Zelenskyy hand the area over to Russia. If there was a vote ( and given what's happened, you have to assume Ukrainians would turn out en masse to vote) surely the democratic choice would be for it to remain Ukrainian. As supporters of democracy surely we'd all support that and wouldn't demand Donbas be handed over because of violent attacks on their sovereignty?
In Luhansk the Ethnic Russians are a slightly lower percentage so the same thing should apply there.

Surely we should never let any country get it's way because of violence?
Russia invade Ukraine on 13:43 - May 2 with 637 viewscontroversial_jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 11:30 - May 2 by felixstowe_jack

Strange how the Russian forces are doing so badly. They have retreated from their main target in Kyiv and making very little progress elsewhere main while the Russian economy is crashing.

As IO have explained, Kyiv wasn't the main target. Russia sent 30k troops there and tied down 100k Ukrainians. You will never make a strategists if you can't understand thhis
Russia invade Ukraine on 14:34 - May 2 with 635 viewsBoundy

Russia invade Ukraine on 13:43 - May 2 by controversial_jack

As IO have explained, Kyiv wasn't the main target. Russia sent 30k troops there and tied down 100k Ukrainians. You will never make a strategists if you can't understand thhis

Sometimes its like Rowan and Martins laugh In on here, this is one of those times

Russia invade Ukraine on 14:39 - May 2 with 632 viewsLorax

Russia invade Ukraine on 14:34 - May 2 by Boundy

Sometimes its like Rowan and Martins laugh In on here, this is one of those times

I can't see his posts anymore. Should I log out and look?
Russia invade Ukraine on 15:21 - May 2 with 623 viewsBoundy

Russia invade Ukraine on 14:39 - May 2 by Lorax

I can't see his posts anymore. Should I log out and look?

not worth it tbh ,

Russia invade Ukraine on 16:07 - May 2 with 612 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 13:43 - May 2 by controversial_jack

Do stop this rubbish. No strategist attacks on three fronts at the time. A diversionary attack usually starts I'm one place in an attempt to draw troops away. Then after a quick incursion the main attack happens elsewhere.

Putin and his generals got it wrong his attack Kyiv was a disaster what was supposed to be lightning attack to capture the capital and the Ukrainians government was soundly repelled with very heavy losses of Russians due to.a well armed Ukrainians army out fighting the Russians. What was left of the Russian army retreated in total disarray. Meanwhile their other attack in the East has hardly made ant progress at all.

Russia invade Ukraine on 16:28 - May 2 with 600 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Russia invade Ukraine on 11:41 - May 2 by Lorax

It is said, Lorax, that civilised man seeks out good and intelligent company, so that through learned discourse he may rise above the savage and closer to God.

Personally, however, I like to start the day with a total idiot to remind me I'm best.
Russia invade Ukraine on 16:42 - May 2 with 596 viewsfelixstowe_jack

I see the Russian foreign minister has lost the plot claiming Hitler was a Jew.

One way to upset Israel and to get them to support Ukraine I suppose.

Russia invade Ukraine on 18:10 - May 2 with 584 viewsLorax

Russia invade Ukraine on 16:28 - May 2 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

It is said, Lorax, that civilised man seeks out good and intelligent company, so that through learned discourse he may rise above the savage and closer to God.

Personally, however, I like to start the day with a total idiot to remind me I'm best.

Better to start the day with an idiot than end it. That said though, I'm not sure how civilised I am!
Russia invade Ukraine on 18:28 - May 2 with 567 viewscontroversial_jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 16:07 - May 2 by felixstowe_jack

Do stop this rubbish. No strategist attacks on three fronts at the time. A diversionary attack usually starts I'm one place in an attempt to draw troops away. Then after a quick incursion the main attack happens elsewhere.

Putin and his generals got it wrong his attack Kyiv was a disaster what was supposed to be lightning attack to capture the capital and the Ukrainians government was soundly repelled with very heavy losses of Russians due to.a well armed Ukrainians army out fighting the Russians. What was left of the Russian army retreated in total disarray. Meanwhile their other attack in the East has hardly made ant progress at all.

The Germans attacked Russia on 3 fronts. You are clueless.

The Ukrainian army is not well armed.The weapons it's being sent, have to come from the west. The Russians have been targeting the the Ukrainian railway system, so the weapons are just stockpiling and not getting through. Some Ukrainian oligarch will sell those to some dodgy organisation in the future
Russia invade Ukraine on 18:30 - May 2 with 567 viewsScotia

Russia invade Ukraine on 18:28 - May 2 by controversial_jack

The Germans attacked Russia on 3 fronts. You are clueless.

The Ukrainian army is not well armed.The weapons it's being sent, have to come from the west. The Russians have been targeting the the Ukrainian railway system, so the weapons are just stockpiling and not getting through. Some Ukrainian oligarch will sell those to some dodgy organisation in the future

If the weapons aren't getting through then what are the Ukrainians using to stop your boys advancing?
Russia invade Ukraine on 18:35 - May 2 with 563 viewsLorax

Russia invade Ukraine on 18:30 - May 2 by Scotia

If the weapons aren't getting through then what are the Ukrainians using to stop your boys advancing?

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/16221d07-81e9-4ae6-af38-056180842ebf
Russia invade Ukraine on 19:30 - May 2 with 550 viewsScotia

Russia invade Ukraine on 18:35 - May 2 by Lorax

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/16221d07-81e9-4ae6-af38-056180842ebf

Suddenly it all becomes clear.
Russia invade Ukraine on 20:57 - May 2 with 536 viewsLorax

Russia invade Ukraine on 19:30 - May 2 by Scotia

Suddenly it all becomes clear.

Not just clear, see through, a bit like Contro's posts.
Russia invade Ukraine on 21:01 - May 2 with 530 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 18:30 - May 2 by Scotia

How on earth do you deduce the Russians are being stopped? Word of mouth? Tarot cards? A crystal ball? They’ve liberated Mariopol and are busy moving westwards from the Donbas. Ukraine apparently exchanging farming equipment for weapons.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024