Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Port Talbot 01:45 - Feb 12 with 4559 viewsCwmafanJack

Haven't been back for a few years now, is it still there? Many mutants running around from the beautiful fresh air being pumped out from the works?
Also is it still scum territory or more swans these days?
Miss the old place gotta say.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Senedd election ( only few days away ) Voting intentions?

Port Talbot on 07:10 - Feb 12 with 2614 viewsbennytheblue

Yes it will always be blue, has been for generations as you know. Still, a smattering of 8 year olds starting wearing white tops 10 years ago. Word on the street is like many before them, they have seen the light and that light shines brightly to the east…..🤩😎
Port Talbot on 07:35 - Feb 12 with 2605 viewsangryjack

Port Talbot on 07:10 - Feb 12 by bennytheblue

Yes it will always be blue, has been for generations as you know. Still, a smattering of 8 year olds starting wearing white tops 10 years ago. Word on the street is like many before them, they have seen the light and that light shines brightly to the east…..🤩😎

Must be all the chemicals in the air that makes them brain dead then, that sounds about right,to support you lot.
Port Talbot on 08:51 - Feb 12 with 2573 viewsmagicdaps10

Don't listen to Benny, PT is now more Swansea.
I think being in the prem certainly roped in a lot of youngsters who are now in latter teens early 20s.
Great to see the kids are now wearing Swansea tops over Cardiff quite considerably now.

Still a few Cardiff boys around but they tend to be the older crew and it filters out quite radically the younger you go.

I was in Rest Bay for football last weekend and it was a split with Cardiff and Swansea tops so from Bridgend the split seems to be getting 50/50,i know there is a big Swansea following in Cornelly though.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Port Talbot on 09:05 - Feb 12 with 2564 viewsKeithHaynes

Port Talbot on 08:51 - Feb 12 by magicdaps10

I think being in the prem certainly roped in a lot of youngsters who are now in latter teens early 20s.
Great to see the kids are now wearing Swansea tops over Cardiff quite considerably now.

Still a few Cardiff boys around but they tend to be the older crew and it filters out quite radically the younger you go.

I was in Rest Bay for football last weekend and it was a split with Cardiff and Swansea tops so from Bridgend the split seems to be getting 50/50,i know there is a big Swansea following in Cornelly though.

Same as Bridgend, they just can’t accept it though.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Port Talbot on 09:38 - Feb 12 with 2547 viewsbennytheblue

Port Talbot on 09:05 - Feb 12 by KeithHaynes

Same as Bridgend, they just can’t accept it though.

I love these threads, Bridgend too now? Tell you what there is a big Jack following in Barry too, could be in the 100’s.
Port Talbot on 09:56 - Feb 12 with 2533 viewsepaul

Port Talbot on 09:38 - Feb 12 by bennytheblue

I love these threads, Bridgend too now? Tell you what there is a big Jack following in Barry too, could be in the 100’s.

Yes, your correct there is, we're on the train every other weekend, brekkie first of course in the Sir Samuel Romlily..........

Never thought I'd say this but I've got some great mates here who are scummers,( sigh), I must be growing up

Her family are blueturds, I can live with that!!

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Port Talbot on 10:00 - Feb 12 with 2529 viewsmagicdaps10

You from or live in Port Talbot Benny?

Port Talbot on 10:31 - Feb 12 with 2507 viewsswan65split

Wrong Benny, i have a few mates who are Blues fans, my best m8 is, though he doesnt watch them, not even on TV , says theyre boring...lol

Theres a few about , but not many wear the shirts, used to be a big support, but theyve seen the light of day no doubt, They used too run 2 buses for games one from Baglan, the other form the Beach, but that was during the hey day in early 60s and Scoular years,

Any buses now are for liverpool and utd fans , about twice a year.
Login to get fewer ads

Port Talbot on 11:01 - Feb 12 with 2488 viewsKeithHaynes

I would say sensibly for a moment, Barry has more Cardiff fans than the swans. Having lived in east wales for some some years it was always apparent both the Swans and Cardiff have a very similar fan base in both numbers, loyalty and mindset. My last visit to Bridgend to visit a few friends I only saw swans tops being worn by teenagers, and a pub had a live game on which had in excess of fifty jacks inside and out. I’m not sure if that pub is still there though.

Swings and roundabouts.

Port Talbot on 11:01 - Feb 12 with 2484 viewsraynor94

Worked there for 42 years, back in 1972 yes there were a lot of Bluebirds, but by 2015 they were as rare as hen's teeth.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Port Talbot on 11:06 - Feb 12 with 2470 viewsmagicdaps10

Port Talbot on 11:01 - Feb 12 by KeithHaynes

I would say sensibly for a moment, Barry has more Cardiff fans than the swans. Having lived in east wales for some some years it was always apparent both the Swans and Cardiff have a very similar fan base in both numbers, loyalty and mindset. My last visit to Bridgend to visit a few friends I only saw swans tops being worn by teenagers, and a pub had a live game on which had in excess of fifty jacks inside and out. I’m not sure if that pub is still there though.

Swings and roundabouts.

Our 7 years in the prem definetly grabbed a lot of young ones from the PT area and I would even say a little further east. You only need to watch the kids training and there is certainly a lot more Swans tops than Cardiff in PT.
Its great to see.

Port Talbot on 11:20 - Feb 12 with 2451 viewsKeithHaynes

Port Talbot on 11:06 - Feb 12 by magicdaps10

Our 7 years in the prem definetly grabbed a lot of young ones from the PT area and I would even say a little further east. You only need to watch the kids training and there is certainly a lot more Swans tops than Cardiff in PT.
Its great to see.

Good mate of mine is a phys Ed in Pentyrch. School he teaches at boasts the same things, loads more with swans links than the local team Cardiff. That’s the tale of the tape with the kids. And that’s the legacy Swansea needs.

Port Talbot on 11:47 - Feb 12 with 2420 viewsNotLoyal

Benny just posts on here for a wind up.
The last few baldy men running around Port Talbot is hardly something to be proud of.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Port Talbot on 13:28 - Feb 12 with 2369 viewsbennytheblue

Port Talbot on 11:01 - Feb 12 by raynor94

Worked there for 42 years, back in 1972 yes there were a lot of Bluebirds, but by 2015 they were as rare as hen's teeth.

That’s funny because in 2011 playoff final I think there were 20 coaches from PT and Neath as well as countless limos and vans….they are still around, they don’t feel need to bounce around outside the pub singing songs though. There kids will be coming through soon mind so it begins again.
They didn’t move to PT and Neath like many of your fans to the east, they were BORN there.
I know…I know…..
Port Talbot on 13:28 - Feb 12 with 2368 viewsbennytheblue

Port Talbot on 10:00 - Feb 12 by magicdaps10

You from or live in Port Talbot Benny?

Nope but my mum hails from Llanelli way
Port Talbot on 13:32 - Feb 12 with 2354 viewsbennytheblue

Port Talbot on 11:47 - Feb 12 by NotLoyal

Benny just posts on here for a wind up.
The last few baldy men running around Port Talbot is hardly something to be proud of.

When you actually do sink back to league 1, the last few remaining jacks in PT will disappear like pre 2010 days, same with Bridgend, not that groups of misfits is really significant, I believe there’s one or two in pencoed
Port Talbot on 13:34 - Feb 12 with 2350 viewsbennytheblue

Port Talbot on 11:20 - Feb 12 by KeithHaynes

Good mate of mine is a phys Ed in Pentyrch. School he teaches at boasts the same things, loads more with swans links than the local team Cardiff. That’s the tale of the tape with the kids. And that’s the legacy Swansea needs.

Oh I know pentyrch well, bet he likes a pint in the Lewis arms then? Can get a bit rowdy for a posh suburb. The kings arms is probably nicer these days. I’m sure he knows
Port Talbot on 13:35 - Feb 12 with 2347 viewsmax936

You're having a laugh, Im over there most days, see loads of people wearing Swans related attire in Tiabach, Margam Sandfiels rarely see any of your mutant attire.

Way behind the times there bluey, you need to step outside of your bedsit once in a while

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Port Talbot on 15:50 - Feb 12 with 2260 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Port Talbot on 13:28 - Feb 12 by bennytheblue

That’s funny because in 2011 playoff final I think there were 20 coaches from PT and Neath as well as countless limos and vans….they are still around, they don’t feel need to bounce around outside the pub singing songs though. There kids will be coming through soon mind so it begins again.
They didn’t move to PT and Neath like many of your fans to the east, they were BORN there.
I know…I know…..

2011 play off final? The one we won the year after you lost??

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Port Talbot on 17:30 - Feb 12 with 2201 viewsowainglyndwr

Port Talbot on 08:51 - Feb 12 by magicdaps10

A couple of years back , Bennys top Port Talbot boys told us this is a Soul Crew pub ..
We said good what does that mean ..
Nothing apparently..

So we had a good drink and made our way home after a few hours ...
Port Talbot on 17:35 - Feb 12 with 2197 viewsowainglyndwr

Port Talbot on 13:28 - Feb 12 by bennytheblue

Nope but my mum hails from Llanelli way

Shame you never taught you the way of the westerners
Port Talbot on 17:36 - Feb 12 with 2196 viewsmagicdaps10

Port Talbot on 17:30 - Feb 12 by owainglyndwr

A couple of years back , Bennys top Port Talbot boys told us this is a Soul Crew pub ..
We said good what does that mean ..
Nothing apparently..

So we had a good drink and made our way home after a few hours ...

What pub was that?

That's why a few started supporting Cardiff back in the 80/90s because of the link to the soul crew, supporting Cardiff was more a symbol to being associated with the soul crew.

Glad those dark days are not so prominent.

Port Talbot on 17:39 - Feb 12 with 2190 viewsowainglyndwr

Port Talbot on 13:34 - Feb 12 by bennytheblue

Oh I know pentyrch well, bet he likes a pint in the Lewis arms then? Can get a bit rowdy for a posh suburb. The kings arms is probably nicer these days. I’m sure he knows

Ben Bach
When Anal writes the truth about the true battle of Ninian and the kicking his boys had at the back of the Philymonic.
Can I have a signed copy please 🙏
Port Talbot on 17:39 - Feb 12 with 2190 viewsKeithHaynes

Port Talbot on 17:36 - Feb 12 by magicdaps10

What pub was that?

That's why a few started supporting Cardiff back in the 80/90s because of the link to the soul crew, supporting Cardiff was more a symbol to being associated with the soul crew.

Glad those dark days are not so prominent.

They were mostly swans fans, about twenty of them from memory, one lives in Gibraltar. They got a bit of a hiding on the NB one night. Local rivalry between Swansea and port talbot more than anything, so they switched teams, strange but true.

Port Talbot on 18:01 - Feb 12 with 2165 viewsbennytheblue

Port Talbot on 17:39 - Feb 12 by owainglyndwr

Ben Bach
When Anal writes the truth about the true battle of Ninian and the kicking his boys had at the back of the Philymonic.
Can I have a signed copy please 🙏

Funny, the battle of Ninian….where nothing really happened did it? No bans, no jail time…no actual fighting….just a myth. I’ve seen more trouble at Peterborough away ffs
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024