Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oh balderdash 23:35 - Mar 6 with 851 viewsCatullus

Well I have just done my first week in my new job, my boss text me to say he'd tested positive for covid, hed been feeling rough this morning (was on a day off anyway) started coughing so did a test. I finished my shift and tested when I got home and yes, I'm positive too.

I have no symptoms at all and feel fine, double jabbed and boosted but still I have to isolate now for 5 days.

We're going to miss the Fulham game now too so 2-1 to us.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Oh balderdash on 00:19 - Mar 7 with 816 viewslifelong

8 people living near me have tested positive in the past week, 5 of them had no symptoms with the other 3 having mild, cold like, symptoms.
Oh balderdash on 00:29 - Mar 7 with 807 viewsCatullus

Oh balderdash on 00:19 - Mar 7 by lifelong

8 people living near me have tested positive in the past week, 5 of them had no symptoms with the other 3 having mild, cold like, symptoms.

One of my friends and his wife tested positive recently too. Covid is still with us.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Oh balderdash on 03:49 - Mar 7 with 778 viewsangryjack

Oh balderdash on 00:29 - Mar 7 by Catullus

One of my friends and his wife tested positive recently too. Covid is still with us.

Ye but listening to others you got to get a test to know you got it..no symptoms..it must be terrible..lol
[Post edited 7 Mar 2022 3:49]
Oh balderdash on 11:50 - Mar 7 with 651 viewsA_Fans_Dad

It is a good job the vaccines are preventing you from getting very ill with your immune suppression, unlike many others. Presumably it is the Omicron variant.
The UK is still at the same level of infection as back in July 2021, apart from the Omicron "wave" it has become a continuous high tide of infection.
This is virtually unheard of in viral pandemics where you normally get seasonal waves.
I wonder what the difference could possibly be.
Could it be the epidemic of the vaccinated.
They are a massive reservoir of potential COVID infections, 10 times larger than the unvaccinated.
We were of course warned this could happen when vaccinating in the middle of a pandemic with non sterilizing vaccines.
But at least they made £billions to invest in more vaccines in the future.
Oh balderdash on 13:47 - Mar 7 with 593 viewsCatullus

Oh balderdash on 11:50 - Mar 7 by A_Fans_Dad

It is a good job the vaccines are preventing you from getting very ill with your immune suppression, unlike many others. Presumably it is the Omicron variant.
The UK is still at the same level of infection as back in July 2021, apart from the Omicron "wave" it has become a continuous high tide of infection.
This is virtually unheard of in viral pandemics where you normally get seasonal waves.
I wonder what the difference could possibly be.
Could it be the epidemic of the vaccinated.
They are a massive reservoir of potential COVID infections, 10 times larger than the unvaccinated.
We were of course warned this could happen when vaccinating in the middle of a pandemic with non sterilizing vaccines.
But at least they made £billions to invest in more vaccines in the future.

What makes you think I'm immunosuppressed?

My boss who is 35, healthy and also fully vaccinated is feeling quite rough. I caught it from him

The vaccine has protected me as it protects millions.

Oh balderdash on 13:57 - Mar 7 with 583 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Oh balderdash on 13:47 - Mar 7 by Catullus

What makes you think I'm immunosuppressed?

My boss who is 35, healthy and also fully vaccinated is feeling quite rough. I caught it from him

The vaccine has protected me as it protects millions.

Because I thought you said you were, ie Fybromialgia.
Perhaps I was mistaken.
Oh balderdash on 14:22 - Mar 7 with 569 viewsCatullus

Oh balderdash on 13:57 - Mar 7 by A_Fans_Dad

Because I thought you said you were, ie Fybromialgia.
Perhaps I was mistaken.

Having Fibromyalgia doesn't mean you are immunosuppressed. There are very many different symptoms and you don't often suffer from all of them.

Besides which, I'm coming to think that diagnosis was wrong because since they sorted my liver out and I got my new hip I've been like a spring chicken. I used to dread climbing the stairs I was so worn out but I just did 7x8 hour shifts and felt fine, a bit tired but still going and my new job involves a lot of walking and climbing stairs.

Oh balderdash on 14:25 - Mar 7 with 568 viewsCatullus

Oh balderdash on 03:49 - Mar 7 by angryjack

Ye but listening to others you got to get a test to know you got it..no symptoms..it must be terrible..lol
[Post edited 7 Mar 2022 3:49]

My boss felt rough so he got tested, he sounded really rough when I spoke to him. I got tested because his came back positive.

Maybe you should listen to other "others" too.

Login to get fewer ads

Oh balderdash on 15:07 - Mar 7 with 547 viewsFlashberryjack

Grandson and his girlfriend just spent a few days in London, he came back and took a covid test, which showed positive (he hasn't been vaccinated) for the next few days he was real rough, thankfully, he's fine now and back in work.

His girl friend (has been vaccinated) felt fine and tested negative.

Strange.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Oh balderdash on 15:15 - Mar 7 with 540 viewshobo

Haven't the rules changed now and you no longer need to isolate?
Oh balderdash on 15:25 - Mar 7 with 521 viewsFlashberryjack

Oh balderdash on 15:15 - Mar 7 by hobo

Haven't the rules changed now and you no longer need to isolate?

Drakeford rules
Self-isolate for 5 full days - day 1 is the day after your symptoms started or the day you had the test, if you do not have symptoms (whichever is earlier). This means the earliest you can leave self-isolation is on day 6.
Take a lateral flow test (LFT) on day 5.

Boris rules
While you’re no longer required by law to self-isolate if you have COVID-19, you should still stay at home and avoid contact with other people. This helps reduce the chance of passing COVID-19 on to others.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Oh balderdash on 15:32 - Mar 7 with 509 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Oh balderdash on 14:22 - Mar 7 by Catullus

Having Fibromyalgia doesn't mean you are immunosuppressed. There are very many different symptoms and you don't often suffer from all of them.

Besides which, I'm coming to think that diagnosis was wrong because since they sorted my liver out and I got my new hip I've been like a spring chicken. I used to dread climbing the stairs I was so worn out but I just did 7x8 hour shifts and felt fine, a bit tired but still going and my new job involves a lot of walking and climbing stairs.

I assumed that you would be on immune suppressing drugs of some sort as all the Fybromialgia/M.E./Epstein Barr type illnesses involve auto-immune problems.
However it does sound as if you were miss diagnosed unless you are in a period of a great remission, if so I hope it continues for you.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024