Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will Smith attacks host on stage 05:51 - Mar 28 with 4605 viewsDr_Parnassus

What I find incredible is he was able to then go and sit back down and even get up to collect an award later on in the night.

There was security and police at the event that just witnessed an assault and did nothing.

Why are these people above the law? Why does the fact they are in a movie mean they are allowed to behave this way without consequence, and often with understanding and even praise.

These things hosted by comedians will pick on a random celebrity in the audience and tell a joke at their expense. If you don’t think you will react well to those jokes and be compelled to attack the comedian, just don’t go.

He should have been led away in handcuffs.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Will Smith attacks host on stage on 06:41 - Mar 28 with 2826 viewsjackal

Ricky Gervais should have been thumped long since.

To personally insult someone and call it comedy is not on. I saw his live show in Cardiff where he joked about cot death and childrens with cancer.

Maybe Will Smith should have waited until later but he reacted to some jerk taking the p*ss out of his wife's illness.
Will Smith attacks host on stage on 06:49 - Mar 28 with 2820 viewsDr_Parnassus

Will Smith attacks host on stage on 06:41 - Mar 28 by jackal

Ricky Gervais should have been thumped long since.

To personally insult someone and call it comedy is not on. I saw his live show in Cardiff where he joked about cot death and childrens with cancer.

Maybe Will Smith should have waited until later but he reacted to some jerk taking the p*ss out of his wife's illness.

Nope, completely unacceptable.

Make fun of his height back. You don’t assault someone for a joke at an awards show.

People cry about toxic masculinity then applaud violence when it suits, if you are of the right social profile.

Disgusting behaviour that you or I could not get away with. As I said, should be led away in handcuffs.

Hard to disagree with Stephen A Smith:-

[Post edited 28 Mar 2022 6:52]

Will Smith attacks host on stage on 07:43 - Mar 28 with 2790 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

It might only look like one little fight but reports are his moms got scared and said he’s moving with his auntie and his uncle in bel air.
Will Smith attacks host on stage on 08:37 - Mar 28 with 2749 viewsAjack_Kerouac

Was it a slap?
Shite punch.

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

Will Smith attacks host on stage on 09:19 - Mar 28 with 2722 viewsunion_jack

I’ve not heard the ‘joke’ but personal attacks against family members get what they deserve. It seems Chris Rock got what he deserved.

I like Ricky Gervais generally, he’s a genius in many ways, but his close to the bone comedy goes too far sometimes, it’s just not funny. In fact it can be deeply insulting and has no place in the Oscars, BAFTAS etc.

Anyway, LAPD have been made aware but I’m sure Chris Rock won’t press charges if that’s how it works out there.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Will Smith attacks host on stage on 09:26 - Mar 28 with 2721 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Will Smith attacks host on stage on 09:19 - Mar 28 by union_jack

I’ve not heard the ‘joke’ but personal attacks against family members get what they deserve. It seems Chris Rock got what he deserved.

I like Ricky Gervais generally, he’s a genius in many ways, but his close to the bone comedy goes too far sometimes, it’s just not funny. In fact it can be deeply insulting and has no place in the Oscars, BAFTAS etc.

Anyway, LAPD have been made aware but I’m sure Chris Rock won’t press charges if that’s how it works out there.

The silly thing is is when he said the joke will smith was pissing himself laughing. It was only when his wife gave him daggers he reacted.
Will Smith attacks host on stage on 10:08 - Mar 28 with 2692 viewsDr_Parnassus

Will Smith attacks host on stage on 09:19 - Mar 28 by union_jack

Wasn’t even that bad:-

He said “Jada, I love you, can’t wait for GI Jane II”.

Will Smith then proceeded to piss himself laughing before Jada gave him the eyes and he went up and attacked him.

She looks good with a shaved head. He wasn’t saying she looked bad, he was saying she can now play the role of a female soldier with a shaved head. She’s an actress.

No excusing his actions.

Will Smith attacks host on stage on 10:11 - Mar 28 with 2687 viewsonehunglow

Will Smith attacks host on stage on 10:08 - Mar 28 by Dr_Parnassus

Will Smith then proceeded to piss himself laughing before Jada gave him the eyes and he went up and attacked him.

She looks good with a shaved head. He wasn’t saying she looked bad, he was saying she can now play the role of a female soldier with a shaved head. She’s an actress.

No excusing his actions.

Just as well there was no racial element.
Imagine a white actor reacting like that.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Will Smith attacks host on stage on 10:29 - Mar 28 with 2668 viewsbritferry

Will Smith attacks host on stage on 10:11 - Mar 28 by onehunglow

Just as well there was no racial element.
Imagine a white actor reacting like that.

it would have been applauded if the bloke getting hit would have been white

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Will Smith attacks host on stage on 10:46 - Mar 28 with 2642 viewsonehunglow

Will Smith attacks host on stage on 10:29 - Mar 28 by britferry

it would have been applauded if the bloke getting hit would have been white

I didn't want to post that as I'd be called a racist but yeah,I get your point.

Black man striking black man. Brother v Brother.

Moving on ...

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Will Smith attacks host on stage on 11:25 - Mar 28 with 2617 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Will Smith attacks host on stage on 10:08 - Mar 28 by Dr_Parnassus

No excusing his actions.

Best thing was he had to stand up in front of everyone five minutes later and give a pre written speech about being a “vessel of love”.
Will Smith attacks host on stage on 12:08 - Mar 28 with 2592 viewsjackal

In recent years it seems to be the norm at award ceremonies for the host to insult and mock the guests.

Most react with frozen smiles and pretend to be amused, I suppose it was just a matter of time for one of these smartarses got a well-deserved smack in the mouth.

Maybe now it will stop.
Will Smith attacks host on stage on 12:13 - Mar 28 with 2590 viewsDr_Parnassus

Will Smith attacks host on stage on 12:08 - Mar 28 by jackal

In recent years it seems to be the norm at award ceremonies for the host to insult and mock the guests.

Most react with frozen smiles and pretend to be amused, I suppose it was just a matter of time for one of these smartarses got a well-deserved smack in the mouth.

Maybe now it will stop.

I hope not.

Nobody should stop making jokes because of a threat of being the victim of criminal activity by unhinged people.

As others have said, he wouldn’t have done anything if the host wasn’t 5 foot 6. That’s how a coward reacts.

Will Smith attacks host on stage on 12:18 - Mar 28 with 2586 viewsjackal

Will Smith attacks host on stage on 12:13 - Mar 28 by Dr_Parnassus

I hope not.

Nobody should stop making jokes because of a threat of being the victim of criminal activity by unhinged people.

As others have said, he wouldn’t have done anything if the host wasn’t 5 foot 6. That’s how a coward reacts.

There's making jokes and then there's insulting people and mocking their sick wives.

I suppose there has to be a line which shouldn't be crossed.

If some of the "jokes" were uttered in a pub somewhere there would be riots.
Will Smith attacks host on stage on 12:25 - Mar 28 with 2573 viewsDr_Parnassus

Will Smith attacks host on stage on 12:18 - Mar 28 by jackal

There's making jokes and then there's insulting people and mocking their sick wives.

He wasn’t mocking his sick wife, that’s a tabloid style interpretation.

Alopecia means hair loss, it’s not a sickness. She shaved her hair as a result, she looks great as most African American women do with that style of haircut.

He was pointing out that she could now play GI Jane, she’s an actress. It’s a role with a woman with a buzz cut.

It hardly calls for assaulting someone.

It was shameful and I hope he is never allowed to attend again.

Will Smith attacks host on stage on 12:36 - Mar 28 with 2562 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Will Smith attacks host on stage on 12:18 - Mar 28 by jackal

It is a valid point that she shouldn’t be mocked for her illness. But it doesn’t excuse Smiths behaviour. To be fair Gervais has always mocked people for their beliefs and actions which is fair game, especially their uncomfortable history sucking up to the likes of Weinstein and Polanski.
Will Smith attacks host on stage on 12:37 - Mar 28 with 2559 viewsjackal

Will Smith attacks host on stage on 12:25 - Mar 28 by Dr_Parnassus

Alopecia means hair loss, it’s not a sickness. She shaved her hair as a result, she looks great as most African American women do with that style of haircut.

He was pointing out that she could now play GI Jane, she’s an actress. It’s a role with a woman with a buzz cut.

The fact remains that she was hurt by the remarks and he defended her.

The mouthy hosts have got away with worse in recent years. It was just a matter of time before there would be a reaction.
Will Smith attacks host on stage on 12:43 - Mar 28 with 2553 viewscontroversial_jack

Will Smith attacks host on stage on 12:25 - Mar 28 by Dr_Parnassus

Exactly! Alopecia isn't exactly life threatening.
Will Smith attacks host on stage on 12:44 - Mar 28 with 2551 viewsjojaca

If you get easily offended, stand up comedy is not for you.

Even when you know, you never know?

Will Smith attacks host on stage on 12:44 - Mar 28 with 2551 viewsDr_Parnassus

Will Smith attacks host on stage on 12:36 - Mar 28 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

It is a valid point that she shouldn’t be mocked for her illness. But it doesn’t excuse Smiths behaviour. To be fair Gervais has always mocked people for their beliefs and actions which is fair game, especially their uncomfortable history sucking up to the likes of Weinstein and Polanski.

Alopecia is not an illness.

It’s like acne in the sense that it can be a side effect of an illness, but it’s not an illness in itself.

A “condition” would probably be more accurate. A condition that most people will have at one point in their lives. I would guess most people on here have some form of alopecia as I’m guessing the average age is 40+.

It’s the same as male pattern balding, it’s called androgenetic alopecia - it’s not an illness. Men don’t get ill when they start losing their hair with age.

Will Smith attacks host on stage on 12:46 - Mar 28 with 2549 viewsDr_Parnassus

Will Smith attacks host on stage on 12:37 - Mar 28 by jackal

The fact remains that she was hurt by the remarks and he defended her.

The mouthy hosts have got away with worse in recent years. It was just a matter of time before there would be a reaction.

That’s life, people get offended by things.

You can’t just attack people if someone is offended by something.

Will Smith attacks host on stage on 13:00 - Mar 28 with 2535 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Will Smith attacks host on stage on 12:44 - Mar 28 by Dr_Parnassus

Alopecia is not an illness.

It’s like acne in the sense that it can be a side effect of an illness, but it’s not an illness in itself.

A “condition” would probably be more accurate. A condition that most people will have at one point in their lives. I would guess most people on here have some form of alopecia as I’m guessing the average age is 40+.

It’s the same as male pattern balding, it’s called androgenetic alopecia - it’s not an illness. Men don’t get ill when they start losing their hair with age.

True but it can be very debilitating and have a serious effect on one’s self esteem, particularly women. Many men look good without hair but for many women their hair is an important feature. It’s had a horrific impact on Gail Porter for example.

The issue is it’s not something she has any control over so to mock that I think Rock has let himself down there, but that doesn’t excuse Smiths behaviour either.
Will Smith attacks host on stage on 13:07 - Mar 28 with 2522 viewsDr_Parnassus

Will Smith attacks host on stage on 13:00 - Mar 28 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

True but it can be very debilitating and have a serious effect on one’s self esteem, particularly women. Many men look good without hair but for many women their hair is an important feature. It’s had a horrific impact on Gail Porter for example.

The issue is it’s not something she has any control over so to mock that I think Rock has let himself down there, but that doesn’t excuse Smiths behaviour either.

Well yes but most men suffer the same sort of thing and have no control over it. Male hair transplants are through the roof, you only go through that pain and cost if it’s affecting you deeply.

It’s just men’s mental health is often overlooked, yet the male suicide rate is terrifying. Nobody cares about men, them being the focus of jokes or any of that sort of thing.

Nobody would condone an on stage attack if someone made a comment about Rooney losing his hair, for example. Imagine a football awards show and someone said “to host this next award is Man United record goal scorer and everybodies favorite folically challenged scouser, Wayne Rooney”.

Rooney comes along and smashes the bloke in the face.

There would be outrage, rightly so and him saying “my baldness upsets me” would do little to quell the backlash. There is a reason he’s had a hair transplant.

This again screams of a form of social privilege afforded to certain people that others simply don’t get. Are we really at a stage where we are actually saying women are more important than men? Is the is now official?
[Post edited 28 Mar 2022 13:11]

Will Smith attacks host on stage on 13:08 - Mar 28 with 2518 viewsSirjohnalot

Will Smith attacks host on stage on 13:00 - Mar 28 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

I just looked at it and thought 'what a pair of nobs'
Will Smith attacks host on stage on 14:04 - Mar 28 with 2468 viewscontroversial_jack

Will Smith attacks host on stage on 13:08 - Mar 28 by Sirjohnalot

I just looked at it and thought 'what a pair of nobs'

It was a publicity set up
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024