Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welsh tourism tax 11:41 - Apr 13 with 17936 viewsbritferry

What you think?

I think it will be a terrible idea, it will put people off coming here.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/tourism-boss-says-anti-english-236

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Welsh tourism tax on 18:22 - Apr 16 with 566 viewsLorax

Welsh tourism tax on 17:52 - Apr 16 by Kilkennyjack

Parliament renovation could take 76 years and cost £22bn, report says.

The cheapest plan involved a full decant of the Palace of Westminster, for between 12 and 20 years, with the work costing in the region of £7bn to £13bn.

Do you think thats value for money ?

No I don't but stop the whataboutery, we are discussing the Senedd so answer the questions about the Senedd.
Welsh tourism tax on 19:32 - Apr 16 with 537 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh tourism tax on 18:22 - Apr 16 by Lorax

No I don't but stop the whataboutery, we are discussing the Senedd so answer the questions about the Senedd.

Thats the correct answer.

Yes Cymru needs to spend money on a modern government, all aspects.

Llion has a point.

I think a tourist tax is 10 years overdue.

Beware of the Risen People

Welsh tourism tax on 19:37 - Apr 16 with 534 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh tourism tax on 16:33 - Apr 16 by union_jack

Rome is unique in that there’s only one Colosseum, Trevi Fountain etc.

Wales isn’t unique in what it has to offer and would be pitting itself against the rest of the UK who can offer the same.

Just one big crazy idea.

Wales is unique as a nation.

Wales need not worry about what the regions of England can offer.
Blackpool is in England, and fair enough.

We are probably competing with Scotland and Ireland, but Wales is closer to the big English cities.

The tourist tax will make Wales a better place to visit.
There is no down side.

If Brenda and Keith from Stoke dont visit every other year then we can live with that. I hope they enjoy Blackpool and Skeggy.

Welsh tourism tax on 19:57 - Apr 16 with 520 viewsLorax

Welsh tourism tax on 19:32 - Apr 16 by Kilkennyjack

Thats the correct answer.

Yes Cymru needs to spend money on a modern government, all aspects.

Llion has a point.

I think a tourist tax is 10 years overdue.

You didn't answer the questions, you never do. You ask others questions and get answers but when you get asked questions you deflect, you deploy whataboutery and you move on.

You should be a politician, you're well suited to the Senedd.
Welsh tourism tax on 20:00 - Apr 16 with 517 viewsBoundy

Welsh tourism tax on 19:37 - Apr 16 by Kilkennyjack

We are probably competing with Scotland and Ireland, but Wales is closer to the big English cities.

There is no down side.

If Brenda and Keith from Stoke dont visit every other year then we can live with that. I hope they enjoy Blackpool and Skeggy.

Serious question but makes Wales unique ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Welsh tourism tax on 20:05 - Apr 16 with 514 viewsLorax

There is no down side.

That last line, yet again, displays your anti English sentiments. Visitors are great as long as they aren't English

How will you feel if a tourist tax actually ends up with a drop in tourist revenues? We get a lot of tourists from England. If they see this tax as anti English and stay away that could affect thousands of jobs. Its negative publicity for an industry already struggling after covid.
Welsh tourism tax on 20:08 - Apr 16 with 511 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh tourism tax on 20:05 - Apr 16 by Lorax

That last line, yet again, displays your anti English sentiments. Visitors are great as long as they aren't English

How will you feel if a tourist tax actually ends up with a drop in tourist revenues? We get a lot of tourists from England. If they see this tax as anti English and stay away that could affect thousands of jobs. Its negative publicity for an industry already struggling after covid.

It applies to all tourists, not just English.

This is about Wales not England.

Welsh tourism tax on 20:14 - Apr 16 with 507 viewsScotia

Welsh tourism tax on 20:00 - Apr 16 by Boundy

The lack of uniqueness?

Being serious. I think Wales is the UK in a small package. We've got the beaches of Cornwall, the mountains of Scotland, the perceived friendliness of the Irish, a bit of culture and a vibrant capital.

The problem is they're all a few hours apart.

Taxing tourists would be a disaster. We should be trying to undercut places like Cornwall and improving our facilities not charging people to come here.
Login to get fewer ads

Welsh tourism tax on 20:16 - Apr 16 with 507 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh tourism tax on 20:00 - Apr 16 by Boundy

Its different to anywhere else.

What makes any place unique ?

History, culture, language, people, food, industry, sport, mountains, coastlines, all within 4 hours.
Links to Ireland and England. Also Brittany and Cornwall.

I am not suggesting wales is better than anywhere else, but its certainly unique.
It wont be for everyone but that does not make it less unique.

Wales is not England.

Welsh tourism tax on 20:19 - Apr 16 with 504 viewsLorax

Welsh tourism tax on 20:08 - Apr 16 by Kilkennyjack

It applies to all tourists, not just English.

This is about Wales not England.

Then why did you reference Brenda and Keith from Stoke?

Are you going to answer the questions or are you too scared?
Welsh tourism tax on 20:44 - Apr 16 with 482 viewsBoundy

Welsh tourism tax on 16:41 - Apr 16 by felixstowe_jack

The Welsh government took over Transport for Wales SIX years ago in 2016 not recently.

It would appear that "ideological blindness" only applies to those who are critical of the Senedd . Over 22 years of continuous power by labour in Wales and yet today we as a nation are no wealthier , healthier or better educated .Devolved powers ( of which the Senedd have many) come with devolved responsibility and accountability but the same old mantra is continually chanted by those who cannot defend the mismanagement of Wales but instead would rather blame Westminster for all our problems.

Welsh tourism tax on 20:47 - Apr 16 with 478 viewsunion_jack

There is no down side.

Dear God, clueless.

Wales isn’t competing with Skegness’s no Blackpool (Rhyl apart maybe). We are competing against, Devon, Cornwall, Peaks, Dales, Lake District. We need to incentivise people to come here not the opposite.

And no, but maybe in your blinkered eyes, Wales is not unique in comparison with those above.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Welsh tourism tax on 20:48 - Apr 16 with 474 viewsLorax

Welsh tourism tax on 20:44 - Apr 16 by Boundy

It would appear that "ideological blindness" only applies to those who are critical of the Senedd . Over 22 years of continuous power by labour in Wales and yet today we as a nation are no wealthier , healthier or better educated .Devolved powers ( of which the Senedd have many) come with devolved responsibility and accountability but the same old mantra is continually chanted by those who cannot defend the mismanagement of Wales but instead would rather blame Westminster for all our problems.

We see it all the time, like when I asked kilkenny questions about the Senedd and he chose deflection and whataboutery, to try and shift the focus to Westminster.

It is ideological lunacy except the ideology isn't supporting Labour, it is just hating Westminster and the English.
Welsh tourism tax on 20:51 - Apr 16 with 469 viewsBoundy

Welsh tourism tax on 20:16 - Apr 16 by Kilkennyjack

Its different to anywhere else.

What makes any place unique ?

History, culture, language, people, food, industry, sport, mountains, coastlines, all within 4 hours.
Links to Ireland and England. Also Brittany and Cornwall.

I am not suggesting wales is better than anywhere else, but its certainly unique.
It wont be for everyone but that does not make it less unique.

Wales is not England.

Unique by definition is being the only one of its kind; unlike anything else, all of which could be used to describe the Isle of Man for example which has its own history, culture, language, people, food, industry, sport, mountains, coastlines. England is not Wales either nor is it Scotland, Ireland or Timbuktu.

Welsh tourism tax on 21:01 - Apr 16 with 462 viewsLorax

Welsh tourism tax on 20:51 - Apr 16 by Boundy

Unique by definition is being the only one of its kind; unlike anything else, all of which could be used to describe the Isle of Man for example which has its own history, culture, language, people, food, industry, sport, mountains, coastlines. England is not Wales either nor is it Scotland, Ireland or Timbuktu.

It leads me to ask what Wales has that England doesn't? The answer is hardly anything because we are so closely entwined with out history. Does nowhere else have good people, sport, industry, mountains or coastline like ours?

Our mountains are barely mountains, they are just big hills really. You want real mountaisn go to France, Kilky seems to love France.

We have far more in common with England than we have differences. That includes our history of the last 700 hundred years and our sports which rely on England for sustenance, where would Swansea City be if not for the English football leagues.
Welsh tourism tax on 21:09 - Apr 16 with 460 viewsScotia

Welsh tourism tax on 21:01 - Apr 16 by Lorax

It leads me to ask what Wales has that England doesn't? The answer is hardly anything because we are so closely entwined with out history. Does nowhere else have good people, sport, industry, mountains or coastline like ours?

Our mountains are barely mountains, they are just big hills really. You want real mountaisn go to France, Kilky seems to love France.

We have far more in common with England than we have differences. That includes our history of the last 700 hundred years and our sports which rely on England for sustenance, where would Swansea City be if not for the English football leagues.

There's also another question.

What can you do in Wales that you can't do better elsewhere?

I'm not slagging Wales off, but what is actually taxable?
Welsh tourism tax on 21:31 - Apr 16 with 449 viewsLorax

Welsh tourism tax on 21:09 - Apr 16 by Scotia

There's also another question.

What can you do in Wales that you can't do better elsewhere?

I'm not slagging Wales off, but what is actually taxable?

Staying in our hotels and campsites is about it. I don't know the numbers but how many of our tourists only come here for the countryside and coastline? There's not a lot to see and do after that. A lot come here for the 6 nations and we used to get quite a few in Swansea for the EPL games. Otherwise it's castles and museums and they have better elsewhere.
Welsh tourism tax on 21:39 - Apr 16 with 439 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh tourism tax on 20:51 - Apr 16 by Boundy

Yes i agree, the Isle of Man is unique.

You are getting the hang of this internet thing now. Well done champ.

Welsh tourism tax on 21:40 - Apr 16 with 437 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh tourism tax on 21:31 - Apr 16 by Lorax

Staying in our hotels and campsites is about it. I don't know the numbers but how many of our tourists only come here for the countryside and coastline? There's not a lot to see and do after that. A lot come here for the 6 nations and we used to get quite a few in Swansea for the EPL games. Otherwise it's castles and museums and they have better elsewhere.

Do they ? Where ?

Welsh tourism tax on 21:42 - Apr 16 with 436 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh tourism tax on 20:19 - Apr 16 by Lorax

Then why did you reference Brenda and Keith from Stoke?

Are you going to answer the questions or are you too scared?

Brenda and Keith don't really exist.
No need for you to worry too much about people that don't really exist.

Welsh tourism tax on 21:53 - Apr 16 with 427 viewsLorax

Welsh tourism tax on 21:42 - Apr 16 by Kilkennyjack

Brenda and Keith don't really exist.
No need for you to worry too much about people that don't really exist.

No, they don't exist you just used the words to reference English people.

You still aren't going to answer the questions then. Nothing ever changes with you.
Welsh tourism tax on 21:54 - Apr 16 with 427 viewsScotia

Welsh tourism tax on 21:40 - Apr 16 by Kilkennyjack

Do they ? Where ?

Personally I think our museums are pretty poor too. St Fagans is OK but nothing original unless you're specifically looking at Welsh life. Only the Welsh are interested. Our competitors are those in London.

Castles? We have a lot of them but they're ruins on the whole. Just go to Warwick Castle. We could have done that.

I don't holiday in Wales. I came back from Cornwall yesterday. Everything was better as a holiday destination. Brenda and Keith would love it.
Welsh tourism tax on 22:30 - Apr 16 with 417 viewsmajorraglan

Welsh tourism tax on 21:54 - Apr 16 by Scotia

Personally I think our museums are pretty poor too. St Fagans is OK but nothing original unless you're specifically looking at Welsh life. Only the Welsh are interested. Our competitors are those in London.

Castles? We have a lot of them but they're ruins on the whole. Just go to Warwick Castle. We could have done that.

I don't holiday in Wales. I came back from Cornwall yesterday. Everything was better as a holiday destination. Brenda and Keith would love it.

Agree with you about most of our museums being pretty poor, I like St Fagans and I also like Big Pit which I think is outstanding. Wales isn’t a bad holiday destination, but it’s somewhere than can be improved upon.
Welsh tourism tax on 02:06 - Apr 17 with 397 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh tourism tax on 21:54 - Apr 16 by Scotia

Win win win.

Brenda, Keith, and Cymru.

Brenda and Keith buy all their foods in Stoke.
They only buy ice cream, coffee, and return petrol in Wales.

Wales is a lot closer than Cornwall.

Welsh tourism tax on 09:17 - Apr 17 with 374 viewsDr_Winston

The idea that people would willingly pay more to holiday in Wales vs Devon, Cornwall or Scotland is bonkers.

Of course, keeping the English out would appeal to those who propose it, the bigoted little losers that they are.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024