Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grimes-Captain!? 07:49 - Apr 27 with 459 viewsmagicdaps10

Said it last week that I would have liked to have seen a team without him starting and the 2nd half highlighted it for me last night.

I think he is more than a decent player but there is no leader in him, no drive when needed and lacks that passion....its a question mark over Wether he starts games as it stands so captain is another question.

I see Downes as a captain, at this moment maybe not, he needs to curb his aggression a bit more before he can take the mantle.

The issue is that I don't think Grimes is a leader, never see him grabbing his fist in encouragement or applauding another player to create that bit of fire.

Captain, not for me.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Grimes-Captain!? on 07:54 - Apr 27 with 456 viewsDr_Winston

Grimes may have worn the armband, but Andre Ayew led the team in 19/20 and 20/21. This season we don't really have a leader. Naughton maybe.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Grimes-Captain!? on 08:01 - Apr 27 with 440 viewsmagicdaps10

Grimes-Captain!? on 07:54 - Apr 27 by Dr_Winston

Grimes may have worn the armband, but Andre Ayew led the team in 19/20 and 20/21. This season we don't really have a leader. Naughton maybe.

Certainly can picture Ayew rallying the troops, he certainly had that fist punch going.

Grimes just seems a player more concerned to what he is doing, nothing wrong with that but as a captain...no.
I think Naughton falls in to the same category as Grimes, only one I can see with that bit of passion, leadership and experience at present is Cyrus Christie....only a loan presently so he wouldn't be considered.

Think back to any incidents and players coming together, Grimes is never at the forefront sticking up for his players... He is not a captain.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Grimes-Captain!? on 08:03 - Apr 27 with 437 viewsWhiterockin

Downes is a fantastic player and will be our long term captain (if still here) but he need to reign in the aggression. Its no good a captain that lacks self control.
Grimes-Captain!? on 09:35 - Apr 27 with 359 viewsRichardO

Thought Grime played well yesterday, he wasn't the only one of who ended up playing stupid uncontrolled balls into crowded areas or even from one side of the pitch to the other, when we should have been looking to clear our lines into positions were less danger can be created so having a chance to reorganise.
As for organisations any captian would struggle with the substitution made, seen it a couple this season the defensive line up changed, players moved around on each substitution.

Grimes as captain not for me, may sound dull but I would give Cabango go, he may be young, inexperienced and not the best footballer but he is the heart of the team at the moment, seen him standing up to the bullies in the right way.
Grimes-Captain!? on 09:40 - Apr 27 with 353 viewsSTID2017

Grimes-Captain!? on 09:35 - Apr 27 by RichardO

Thought Grime played well yesterday, he wasn't the only one of who ended up playing stupid uncontrolled balls into crowded areas or even from one side of the pitch to the other, when we should have been looking to clear our lines into positions were less danger can be created so having a chance to reorganise.
As for organisations any captian would struggle with the substitution made, seen it a couple this season the defensive line up changed, players moved around on each substitution.

Grimes as captain not for me, may sound dull but I would give Cabango go, he may be young, inexperienced and not the best footballer but he is the heart of the team at the moment, seen him standing up to the bullies in the right way.

Good shout for Cabango.
Whoever it is certainly needed to be in the ref's face pointing out everything that was happening.
Awful performance from the officials yesterday

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Grimes-Captain!? on 11:45 - Apr 27 with 299 viewsunion_jack

Grimes is clearly an intelligent guy and speaks well so the role of club captain would suit him.

But team captain? Not in a month of blue moons!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Grimes-Captain!? on 13:28 - Apr 27 with 264 viewsSTID2017

Grimes-Captain!? on 11:45 - Apr 27 by union_jack

Grimes is clearly an intelligent guy and speaks well so the role of club captain would suit him.

But team captain? Not in a month of blue moons!

Agres.
Seems a nice guy and all in all ( although frustrating at times ) a good player.
However we need a leader on the field and he is not it.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024