Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Katie Taylor 04:43 - May 1 with 7501 viewsKilkennyjack

What a fight.
What a fighter.

GOAT.

Beware of the Risen People

Katie Taylor on 07:16 - May 1 with 3156 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Calling her a goat is a bit harsh. She can’t help the way she looks.
Katie Taylor on 08:18 - May 1 with 3132 viewsonehunglow

Katie Taylor on 07:16 - May 1 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

Calling her a goat is a bit harsh. She can’t help the way she looks.

Ladies boxing.
Dangerous

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Katie Taylor on 08:49 - May 1 with 3121 viewsSirjohnalot

What an incredible fight, two warriors. Can’t wait for the rematch, brilliant to see women leading the way.

Women can. No one has the right to tell them what they are allowed to do, least of all men. Those days are thankfully behind us
[Post edited 1 May 2022 8:50]
Katie Taylor on 08:52 - May 1 with 3101 viewsonehunglow

Katie Taylor on 08:49 - May 1 by Sirjohnalot

What an incredible fight, two warriors. Can’t wait for the rematch, brilliant to see women leading the way.

Women can. No one has the right to tell them what they are allowed to do, least of all men. Those days are thankfully behind us

Are you trying to tempt me
Cos I come from the land of plenty

Katie Taylor on 08:56 - May 1 with 3091 viewsSirjohnalot

Katie Taylor on 08:52 - May 1 by onehunglow

Are you trying to tempt me
Cos I come from the land of plenty

I’m sure you do.

No I’m not I’m just applauding the efforts of two brilliant athletes.
Katie Taylor on 09:55 - May 1 with 3049 views73__73

Anyone who enjoys watching women fighting must have something wrong with them.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Katie Taylor on 09:59 - May 1 with 3063 viewsraynor94

Not impressed with women fighting at all

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Katie Taylor on 10:09 - May 1 with 3041 views73__73

Katie Taylor on 08:49 - May 1 by Sirjohnalot

What exactly are women leading the way In regards to boxing ?

Login to get fewer ads

Katie Taylor on 10:18 - May 1 with 3047 viewsonehunglow

Katie Taylor on 08:56 - May 1 by Sirjohnalot

I’m sure you do.

No I’m not I’m just applauding the efforts of two brilliant athletes.

The second paragraph is hardly true.
Now what about the first,bearing in mind you previous comments .

If this sees me perma banned then fine;

I do not like animals being used for human entertainment. Every gambler who stakes money on a horse endorses animal cruelty.Spaniards view Bull fighting as a sporting contest.Everyone should go to the bullfighting museum of horror in Ronda.

I do not like to see females boxing. That is not sexist nor is is tantamount to suggesting women stay at home. Remember this ;I am the one who has arrested and seen imprisoned men who assaulted females and subjected them to a life of terror. Females need protecting from predative men and that is not sexist.

Not all see female boxing as edifying. The fact you do is truly puzzling.

Katie Taylor on 10:19 - May 1 with 3046 viewscontroversial_jack

Women fight in MMA and Muay Thai. You wouldn't want to mess with them. They don't have the power that men do, but they can still do damage and could knock most men out cold
Katie Taylor on 11:30 - May 1 with 3031 viewsSirjohnalot

Katie Taylor on 10:18 - May 1 by onehunglow

I do not like animals being used for human entertainment. Every gambler who stakes money on a horse endorses animal cruelty.Spaniards view Bull fighting as a sporting contest.Everyone should go to the bullfighting museum of horror in Ronda.

I do not like to see females boxing. That is not sexist nor is is tantamount to suggesting women stay at home. Remember this ;I am the one who has arrested and seen imprisoned men who assaulted females and subjected them to a life of terror. Females need protecting from predative men and that is not sexist.

You are entitled to your opinion and I’m entitled to disagree.

You are seem to forget that I’ve also been involved in domestic violence cases, prosecuting and defending them for nearly 20 years. I’ve spent time with victims, taking them through their evidence, sensed the hopelessness they feel, and the inability to fight back.

I’ve cross examined perpetrators seen their entitlement, read through their previous convictions and noted the only assaults they have on their records are against women, none, eg for a pub fight. These men are cowards, hitting people who won’t hit back.

Women don’t need protecting, they need to be empowered, they need to know how to look after themselves, they need to know they can and how to fight back. They can see two women main eventing and selling out Madison Sq Gardens and think ‘yes, I can do that. I can take up boxing, I can fight back, i don’t need to take his violence. I’m strong, I don’t need protecting’

I recommend watching Idris Elba’s fight club on bbc iPlayer. Takes around 12 young people from tough backgrounds and teaches them about boxing. One of whom is a young lady with a dv background. The confidence it gives her is incredible.

I not only see two brilliant boxers at the height of their careers. I see two people inspiring a generation of girls.

I know you find me abhorrent and that’s entirely up to you, and I’ve no problem with that. Personally I also thought we had a respectful sense of disagreement.
Katie Taylor on 12:37 - May 1 with 3004 viewsCleddau

I'm not a fan of women boxing but looking at the BBC report, I can see that the bout was fought over ten rounds. It doesn't say what the duration of the rounds were though.

Does anyone know if they were three minute rounds?
Katie Taylor on 12:41 - May 1 with 2991 viewscontroversial_jack

Katie Taylor on 11:30 - May 1 by Sirjohnalot

You are seem to forget that I’ve also been involved in domestic violence cases, prosecuting and defending them for nearly 20 years. I’ve spent time with victims, taking them through their evidence, sensed the hopelessness they feel, and the inability to fight back.

I’ve cross examined perpetrators seen their entitlement, read through their previous convictions and noted the only assaults they have on their records are against women, none, eg for a pub fight. These men are cowards, hitting people who won’t hit back.

Women don’t need protecting, they need to be empowered, they need to know how to look after themselves, they need to know they can and how to fight back. They can see two women main eventing and selling out Madison Sq Gardens and think ‘yes, I can do that. I can take up boxing, I can fight back, i don’t need to take his violence. I’m strong, I don’t need protecting’

I recommend watching Idris Elba’s fight club on bbc iPlayer. Takes around 12 young people from tough backgrounds and teaches them about boxing. One of whom is a young lady with a dv background. The confidence it gives her is incredible.

I not only see two brilliant boxers at the height of their careers. I see two people inspiring a generation of girls.

I know you find me abhorrent and that’s entirely up to you, and I’ve no problem with that. Personally I also thought we had a respectful sense of disagreement.

I'v having my young granddaughters taught Muay Thai at the moment.I'm hoping it will give them some focus and discipline, plus the ability to defend themselves if the worse happens. So far it's looking promising.
Katie Taylor on 13:25 - May 1 with 2973 viewsSirjohnalot

Katie Taylor on 12:41 - May 1 by controversial_jack

I'v having my young granddaughters taught Muay Thai at the moment.I'm hoping it will give them some focus and discipline, plus the ability to defend themselves if the worse happens. So far it's looking promising.

Well exactly. So many girls drop out of sport when they reach their teens. The fact that two women have headlined a major main event is huge.
Katie Taylor on 18:31 - May 1 with 2913 viewsshingle

Katie Taylor on 12:37 - May 1 by Cleddau

I'm not a fan of women boxing but looking at the BBC report, I can see that the bout was fought over ten rounds. It doesn't say what the duration of the rounds were though.

Does anyone know if they were three minute rounds?

They were 2 minute rounds mate, and that is my only gripe with Woman`s Boxing but i would imagine the way it is going and how it is growing and just how good these Ladies are it will not be to long until 3 minute rounds are introduced, currently it is not fair to the rugged pressure type of fighter as they are not having the time to implement there skills, one wonders if Katie would have survived the 4th or 5th rounds had they been 3 minute rounds.
Katie Taylor on 18:49 - May 1 with 2890 viewsshingle

Good post, also females from all aspects of life are now participating in combat sports and many having very successful careers, the UFC alone have 4 ex school teachers on there roster and local Mma fighter Steph Evans from Port Talbot is a maths teacher and has a degree in Mathematics, she has put that on hold to pursue a career in Mma.
Katie Taylor on 20:48 - May 1 with 2852 viewsraynor94

Watching her press conference this morning, terrible mess on her face.

I sincerely hope she doesn't suffer in the future

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Katie Taylor on 21:20 - May 1 with 2825 views73__73

That’s got to be the dumbest comment I’ve ever read on here. “Women need to know how to fight back” what a ridiculous thing to say.

Men are stronger than women, and a few Karate lessons isn’t going to overturn the last 200,000 years of human evolution.

Katie Taylor on 21:25 - May 1 with 2825 viewsGwyn737

Katie Taylor on 20:48 - May 1 by raynor94

Watching her press conference this morning, terrible mess on her face.

I sincerely hope she doesn't suffer in the future

I must admit, I don’t enjoy watching it.

However, I completely back a female’s right to take part and can appreciate how talented they are.
Katie Taylor on 21:40 - May 1 with 2818 viewsFlashberryjack

Katie Taylor on 21:25 - May 1 by Gwyn737

I must admit, I don’t enjoy watching it.

However, I completely back a female’s right to take part and can appreciate how talented they are.

This

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Katie Taylor on 23:25 - May 1 with 2794 viewsKilkennyjack

Top post of 2022.

Thank you 🥊.

Katie Taylor on 23:27 - May 1 with 2793 viewsKilkennyjack

Katie Taylor on 12:41 - May 1 by controversial_jack

Excellent.

Katie Taylor on 23:29 - May 1 with 2791 viewsKilkennyjack

Katie Taylor on 10:18 - May 1 by onehunglow

It is sexist if you object to only female boxing.
It is not sexist if you object to all boxing.

Happy to help 👍🥊

Katie Taylor on 10:19 - May 2 with 2757 viewscontroversial_jack

Katie Taylor on 21:20 - May 1 by 73__73

That’s got to be the dumbest comment I’ve ever read on here. “Women need to know how to fight back” what a ridiculous thing to say.

Men are stronger than women, and a few Karate lessons isn’t going to overturn the last 200,000 years of human evolution.

You are correct, a few lessons won't help, but solid training for years will turn an woman into a formidable fighter
Katie Taylor on 10:54 - May 2 with 2749 viewsonehunglow

Katie Taylor on 23:29 - May 1 by Kilkennyjack

It is sexist if you object to only female boxing.
It is not sexist if you object to all boxing.

Happy to help 👍🥊

I ll make it easy for you and the barrister then.
I don’t think anyone man or woman should have to damage each other in a ring urged on by punters to make a living or to escape poverty. .
Sorry, I’m old school and females need protecting. Having them pummelling each other is not edifying to me They don’t need protecting ? That is sexist to me .

I speak as a former amateur boxer and huge old time boxing nut.

Boxing ,like bull fighting is one should be passé

Finally, we really should not have a society where legalised fighting is the panacea for a poor life

It is 2022

Women boxing is leading nobody anywhere but I’m glad I am entitled to an opinion. Hope it doesn’t see me banned again .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024