Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gareth Bale MBE 22:47 - Jun 1 with 5031 viewsbuilthjack

Well done Son.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Gareth Bale MBE on 23:30 - Jun 1 with 2409 viewsChief

Uch a fi.

He needs no validation from the British Royal family or a Tory government for his achievements and work.

Very disheartening he's accepted it.

Gone down in my estimation a lot.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Gareth Bale MBE on 23:43 - Jun 1 with 2390 viewsSTID2017

Gareth Bale MBE on 23:30 - Jun 1 by Chief

Uch a fi.

He needs no validation from the British Royal family or a Tory government for his achievements and work.

Add Alan Curtis to that then is it ?
Both are great ambassadors for the sport and it is good to see them acknowledged

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Gareth Bale MBE on 07:08 - Jun 2 with 2310 views73__73

Uch a fi.

I’m sure he’ll be gutted that he’s gone down in your estimation.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Gareth Bale MBE on 07:11 - Jun 2 with 2341 viewsSirjohnalot

Thoroughly deserved.
Gareth Bale MBE on 07:17 - Jun 2 with 2331 viewsLohengrin

Uch a fi.

Viva Gareth Bale,
Viva Gareth Bale;
He’s joined the honoured rank,
He’s got The Queen to thank.
Viva Gareth Bale.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Gareth Bale MBE on 07:29 - Jun 2 with 2319 viewsraynor94

Congratulations Gareth 🎊 👏

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Gareth Bale MBE on 08:44 - Jun 2 with 2273 viewsChief

Gareth Bale MBE on 23:43 - Jun 1 by STID2017

Add Alan Curtis to that then is it ?
Both are great ambassadors for the sport and it is good to see them acknowledged

Bit different, but ultimately, it's 2022 and people are dependent on food banks.

To be a (Welsh) national icon and a very rich one at that and accept anything from the Tory government and the monarchy is sickening.

Poor form Gareth. You're a working class boy from Whitchurch, not a toff from the home counties. Read the room.

Gareth Bale MBE on 09:04 - Jun 2 with 2259 viewsFireboy2

Gareth Bale MBE on 08:44 - Jun 2 by Chief

Bit different, but ultimately, it's 2022 and people are dependent on food banks.

To be a (Welsh) national icon and a very rich one at that and accept anything from the Tory government and the monarchy is sickening.

Poor form Gareth. You're a working class boy from Whitchurch, not a toff from the home counties. Read the room.

Whilst I agree with you and myself wouldn't accept any honour, it's upto gareth and we have to respect his decision.
Login to get fewer ads

Gareth Bale MBE on 09:17 - Jun 2 with 2248 viewsChief

Gareth Bale MBE on 09:04 - Jun 2 by Fireboy2

Whilst I agree with you and myself wouldn't accept any honour, it's upto gareth and we have to respect his decision.

Well we don't really.

Over the last few years the Wales fans have been his biggest fans. He's had unrivalled recognition from us. So we can all have an opinion on it.

The timing is suspicious too. Wales is on the verge of creating history for itself on a world stage in a few days before the British upper class establishment throws in this nugget. Know your place - don't you lot go getting too confident or proud now will you.

And Bale has sadly gone along with it. What did he think? That he's going to come out on the pitch on Sunday before the game with his medal or whatever they get wearing a union jack flag and expecting applause? Uch a fi

Gareth Bale MBE on 09:20 - Jun 2 with 2244 viewsLohengrin

Gareth Bale MBE on 08:44 - Jun 2 by Chief

The Tory Government?

You do know what the Honours Committee is, I take it, how it functions and who it’s comprised of?

Gareth Bale MBE on 09:20 - Jun 2 with 2239 viewsFireboy2

Gareth Bale MBE on 09:17 - Jun 2 by Chief

Well we don't really.

Over the last few years the Wales fans have been his biggest fans. He's had unrivalled recognition from us. So we can all have an opinion on it.

The timing is suspicious too. Wales is on the verge of creating history for itself on a world stage in a few days before the British upper class establishment throws in this nugget. Know your place - don't you lot go getting too confident or proud now will you.

And Bale has sadly gone along with it. What did he think? That he's going to come out on the pitch on Sunday before the game with his medal or whatever they get wearing a union jack flag and expecting applause? Uch a fi

Well it's upto you fella.
Gareth Bale MBE on 09:24 - Jun 2 with 2237 viewsChief

Gareth Bale MBE on 09:20 - Jun 2 by Lohengrin

The Tory Government?

You do know what the Honours Committee is, I take it, how it functions and who it’s comprised of?

Doesn't that honours committee 'advise' the prime minister?

This same committee (completely independent apparently) recently bestowed a knighthood on Gavin Williamson so that says it all about its orientation and motives.

Gareth Bale MBE on 09:25 - Jun 2 with 2215 views73__73

Gareth Bale MBE on 09:04 - Jun 2 by Fireboy2

You’re Neil Kinnock and claim my £5

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Gareth Bale MBE on 09:34 - Jun 2 with 2228 viewsLohengrin

Gareth Bale MBE on 09:24 - Jun 2 by Chief

Doesn't that honours committee 'advise' the prime minister?

This same committee (completely independent apparently) recently bestowed a knighthood on Gavin Williamson so that says it all about its orientation and motives.

Putting political circle-jerking to one side, Blair took more advantage of this than anybody since Lloyd George; so it happens across the spectrum, not just Boris’ travelling circus.

In Bale’s case I gather his name had been submitted by Judith Paget, Head of NHS Wales. His award is untainted by party politics.

Gareth Bale MBE on 09:43 - Jun 2 with 2212 viewsChief

Gareth Bale MBE on 09:34 - Jun 2 by Lohengrin

Putting political circle-jerking to one side, Blair took more advantage of this than anybody since Lloyd George; so it happens across the spectrum, not just Boris’ travelling circus.

In Bale’s case I gather his name had been submitted by Judith Paget, Head of NHS Wales. His award is untainted by party politics.

Right so you are agreeing with that it is linked to the ruling party at the time of award then.

Anyone worth their salt wouldn't accept 'British Empire' (my god it just sounds so outdated and nauseating) at all to be honest, let alone when the person endorsing that 'honour' is such a despicable disgusting liar and his party ruining the lives of normal people.

Gareth Bale MBE on 09:54 - Jun 2 with 2200 viewsBadlands

Gareth Bale MBE on 09:20 - Jun 2 by Lohengrin

The Tory Government?

Government of the day has no input! Seriously?
Honours … this

Class.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Gareth Bale MBE on 09:54 - Jun 2 with 2187 viewsonehunglow

Gareth Bale MBE on 09:43 - Jun 2 by Chief

Right so you are agreeing with that it is linked to the ruling party at the time of award then.

Anyone worth their salt wouldn't accept 'British Empire' (my god it just sounds so outdated and nauseating) at all to be honest, let alone when the person endorsing that 'honour' is such a despicable disgusting liar and his party ruining the lives of normal people.

Could agree more
Empire is something we should rightly be consigning to history.
It wasn't good,not remotely so.
Every country we held was taken by either force,intimidation or simple power and the countries stripped of their wealth before we knobbed off and left them a British Passport,which they then used to come here and do the jobs our people felt beneath them.

Having taken these low paid jobs,we then treated them like trash It is absolutely nothing to be proud about but deeply ashamed. The Royals represent all this.The faux military nature of our "celebration" shows this .

Those that fought with us and for us like the Ghurka themselves were discriminated against .

One day,we will grow up and bin all this .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Gareth Bale MBE on 09:55 - Jun 2 with 2192 viewsLohengrin

It’s used as a tool to pack The Lords in the attempt to ensure a smooth transition of pet legislation and has been for well over a century. It’s a deeply cynical ploy by the political class as a whole. If you’re of the opinion that politicians should be taken outside of the scope of the honours system then I’d agree with you.

As for awards for ‘ordinary’ folk I think it’s a marvellous thing. When, let’s say, somebody has devoted fifty years of themselves to organising a youth rugby section, and I read of that receiving official recognition, I think it’s wonderful.

Gareth Bale MBE on 09:56 - Jun 2 with 2176 viewsonehunglow

Fire/Police personnel are rewarded for outstanding work by the State and that means accepting the Honours handed out.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Gareth Bale MBE on 10:02 - Jun 2 with 2176 viewsLohengrin

Gareth Bale MBE on 09:54 - Jun 2 by Badlands

Government of the day has no input! Seriously?
Honours … this

Class.

Now I like Michael Sheen, I’ve said on here numerous times I know of things he’s done that have been completely under-the-radar, he’s not interested in the pat-on-the-back. He’s a very decent man.

BUT, he’s a political naïf. I very much doubt he knows an awful lot about Raymond Williams, or what a ghastly Stalin-apologist he was. Perhaps I’ll ask him?

Gareth Bale MBE on 10:20 - Jun 2 with 2150 viewsKilkennyjack

Gareth Bale MBE on 10:02 - Jun 2 by Lohengrin

Now I like Michael Sheen, I’ve said on here numerous times I know of things he’s done that have been completely under-the-radar, he’s not interested in the pat-on-the-back. He’s a very decent man.

BUT, he’s a political naïf. I very much doubt he knows an awful lot about Raymond Williams, or what a ghastly Stalin-apologist he was. Perhaps I’ll ask him?

Michael Sheen speaks for every Welshman.

He has the gift of fiery speech as another rebel once wrote.

Up to Gareth Bale tbh, he has done more for the welsh nation than most of the rest of us put together.

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿❤️

Beware of the Risen People

Gareth Bale MBE on 10:23 - Jun 2 with 2145 viewsLohengrin

Gareth Bale MBE on 10:20 - Jun 2 by Kilkennyjack

Michael Sheen speaks for every Welshman.

He has the gift of fiery speech as another rebel once wrote.

Up to Gareth Bale tbh, he has done more for the welsh nation than most of the rest of us put together.

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿❤️

Well he’s a stage actor. He’s an excellent public speaker with the gift of projection.

Have you ever seen him?

Gareth Bale MBE on 10:38 - Jun 2 with 2123 viewsKilkennyjack

Gareth Bale MBE on 10:23 - Jun 2 by Lohengrin

Well he’s a stage actor. He’s an excellent public speaker with the gift of projection.

Have you ever seen him?

Not live Loh, no.
And I would love to hear him live.

I have seen the Raymond Williams lecture, and others, on YouTube.
He has the ability to move you with his words and knowledge.
I would vote for him in an instance.

Not a bad actor as well, as i understand things…🤣

Shouldn’t you be baking some cakes or something….. ? 🇬🇧 🫡

Beware of the Risen People

Gareth Bale MBE on 11:02 - Jun 2 with 2106 viewsLohengrin

Gareth Bale MBE on 10:38 - Jun 2 by Kilkennyjack

Not live Loh, no.
And I would love to hear him live.

I have seen the Raymond Williams lecture, and others, on YouTube.
He has the ability to move you with his words and knowledge.
I would vote for him in an instance.

Not a bad actor as well, as i understand things…🤣

Shouldn’t you be baking some cakes or something….. ? 🇬🇧 🫡

I was in the audience for that.

Gareth Bale MBE on 11:14 - Jun 2 with 2087 viewsshandyjack

Well deserved. Proud moment for him and his family I bet.
Viva Gareth Bale

Poll: Expectation for the season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024