Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. 17:35 - Jul 14 with 3410 viewsJack123

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/speeding-cyclist-killed-woman-afte

Wow, 12 months of which he will serve half. What an insult to the family, surely that should be manslaughter, or causing death by dangerous driving?

libera nos a malo

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 18:15 - Jul 14 with 1844 viewsonehunglow

Wouldn't class him as a "cyclist" myself just one who was on a bike. A complete shyte at that.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 18:26 - Jul 14 with 1839 viewsCountyJim

These electric bikes are flipping dangerous they go so fast on the pavement etc if they are coming from behind you got no chance to get out the way
Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 18:31 - Jul 14 with 1832 viewsCountyJim

Just watched the video what a total****
Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 19:19 - Jul 14 with 1796 views73__73

He isn’t a cyclist and as a side note how can a cyclist be classed as speeding, when the speed limits don’t apply to cyclists ?

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 19:44 - Jul 14 with 1772 viewsJack123

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 19:19 - Jul 14 by 73__73

He isn’t a cyclist and as a side note how can a cyclist be classed as speeding, when the speed limits don’t apply to cyclists ?

He is not a cyclist ? What is he then? A skateboarder? he was on a bike.

Of course he can be classed as speeding. The idiot hit somebody because he was going too fast for that corner, plus shouldn't have been on the pavement anyway..

libera nos a malo

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 20:05 - Jul 14 with 1750 views73__73

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 19:44 - Jul 14 by Jack123

Of course he can be classed as speeding. The idiot hit somebody because he was going too fast for that corner, plus shouldn't have been on the pavement anyway..

Speed limits do not apply to cyclists.
That guy was just some idiot on a bike, nothing to do with responsible cyclists

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 20:26 - Jul 14 with 1738 viewsJack123

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 20:05 - Jul 14 by 73__73

Speed limits do not apply to cyclists.
That guy was just some idiot on a bike, nothing to do with responsible cyclists

73, have a little bit of respect, you can see what has gone wrong here.

A woman has lost her life, because of some idiot.

And IMO he should have been punished further.

I'm not going to comment anymore on cyclists or what is speeding, too be honest.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2022 20:27]

libera nos a malo

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 20:38 - Jul 14 with 1721 views73__73

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 20:26 - Jul 14 by Jack123

73, have a little bit of respect, you can see what has gone wrong here.

A woman has lost her life, because of some idiot.

And IMO he should have been punished further.

I'm not going to comment anymore on cyclists or what is speeding, too be honest.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2022 20:27]

Idiot yes, but as I’ve already said there are no speed restrictions for someone on a bicycle

Login to get fewer ads

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 20:46 - Jul 14 with 1715 viewsJack123

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 20:38 - Jul 14 by 73__73

Idiot yes, but as I’ve already said there are no speed restrictions for someone on a bicycle

Does it matter? If you hit someone on a bicycle and they die shortly afterwards, the probability is, you were travelling too fast.

Regarding speed for bikes, well there should be.

I was only thinking the book could have been chucked at him, for being in a place he should not have been, as in, on the pavement, regardless of speed.

libera nos a malo

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 20:52 - Jul 14 with 1710 viewsswan65split

I have a birds eye view of both cyclist and these elect scooters pass daily, at speed on the pavement, Ive been saying for a while theres going to be a nasty incident, as either a child, or an older hard of hearing person walks out or gets in the way of one of them.

They say its safer on the pavement than the road!
Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 21:04 - Jul 14 with 1698 viewspencoedjack

Bridgend council has spent millions on cycle paths but cyclists continue to ride on the road.

Inevitably there will 1 day be accident when one of them riding 2 or 3 astride get hit by a car on a dual carriageway next to a cycle path.
Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 21:23 - Jul 14 with 1676 viewsonehunglow

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 19:44 - Jul 14 by Jack123

As I say,a person on a bike.
A cyclist is rather different but it is all about nuances and not all grasp it.

All cyclists will be seething about this.

Have a listen to Chris Boardman about cyclists in an urban environment.

Cyclists are hated by many British drivers;its why we lag behind most European countries regrading getting cars off the roads before they kill more.

This is tragic but its news for it rarity.Many cyclists are killed by car drivers.

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 21:26 - Jul 14 with 1668 views73__73

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 21:04 - Jul 14 by pencoedjack

Bridgend council has spent millions on cycle paths but cyclists continue to ride on the road.

Inevitably there will 1 day be accident when one of them riding 2 or 3 astride get hit by a car on a dual carriageway next to a cycle path.

You obviously don’t understand the Highway Code

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 21:30 - Jul 14 with 1661 views73__73

I’m waiting for someone to mention road tax and say cyclists don’t pay road tax 😂
Even though no car or vehicle has paid road tax since 1937

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 21:31 - Jul 14 with 1658 viewsonehunglow

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 21:26 - Jul 14 by 73__73

You obviously don’t understand the Highway Code

Car drivers are supposed to leave 1.5 metres between their car and a cyclist and not turn into a junction whereby they would have to swerve to avoid a cyclist.
ROFL. I reckon 10 % of car drivers know this.

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 21:31 - Jul 14 with 1659 viewsJack123

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 20:38 - Jul 14 by 73__73

Just to add, I was just quoting WOL headline for the article for the title of this thread.

The more serious issue for me, he was on the pavement, when he should not have been.

The speed is somewhat a secondary thought..

But the two, as in on the pavement, also excessive speed make for a joke of a sentence.

Rest in Peace that lady, shame on the judicial system., and the ones who make the laws.

libera nos a malo

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 21:34 - Jul 14 with 1656 views73__73

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 21:31 - Jul 14 by onehunglow

Car drivers are supposed to leave 1.5 metres between their car and a cyclist and not turn into a junction whereby they would have to swerve to avoid a cyclist.
ROFL. I reckon 10 % of car drivers know this.

A guy from wales only last week was fined £1,700 for overtaking a cyclist too close.

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 21:35 - Jul 14 with 1654 viewsBryanSwan

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 21:04 - Jul 14 by pencoedjack

I know cyclists are allowed to, but is it really sensible to cycle on a road with cars going 60mph+
Its almost a deathwish.
That being said, i regularly see e-bikes flying down shared cycle & walking paths at ridiculous speeds.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 21:45 - Jul 14 with 1645 viewsonehunglow

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 21:34 - Jul 14 by 73__73

A guy from wales only last week was fined £1,700 for overtaking a cyclist too close.

Lorries are a major issue.
I used to cycle the Chester High Road A540 from Hoylake to Chester and was very nearly wiped out several times by d1ckheads flying along in a 40 /50mph zone.
I long since quit that route and thoe who do get up at dawn to get in some miles.
There again,we could all sit at home on our arses getting fat and loading the NHS.

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 05:10 - Jul 15 with 1583 viewsDr_Winston

Cyclists should be prohibited from using the roads when cyclepaths exist that cover the same route.

I wouldn't let them on the roads at all, but appreciate that it's not always possible.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 06:57 - Jul 15 with 1570 viewsBryanSwan

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 05:10 - Jul 15 by Dr_Winston

Cyclists should be prohibited from using the roads when cyclepaths exist that cover the same route.

I wouldn't let them on the roads at all, but appreciate that it's not always possible.

I think a ban on cyclists on duals etc much like they are banned from motorways is quite sensible.
I think Aberavon seafront has a cyclepath, but it would definitely be much safer to cycle on the road. Its about common sense, but obviously a lot of people lack it.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 07:29 - Jul 15 with 1537 viewspencoedjack

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 05:10 - Jul 15 by Dr_Winston

I agree.

Anyone who knows Bridgend will know there is a cycle path running parallel with the dual between Pencoed & Coychurch it’s never used & middle aged blokes in Lycra ride down the dual 2 abreast.

Bridgend council has invested over 2 million pounds on cycle paths, a huge waste of money.
Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 07:53 - Jul 15 with 1512 viewsDr_Winston

Not just duals. A Roads too.

Cycle route 43 runs right down the Swansea Valley, from Coelbren to Mumbles. The amount of dickheads on bikes I've had to overtake whilst they wobble at 15mph down the A4067 is ridiculous.

Millions have been spent providing them with their own "roads". They should be made to use them.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2022 7:54]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 09:51 - Jul 15 with 1488 viewsonehunglow

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 06:57 - Jul 15 by BryanSwan

I think a ban on cyclists on duals etc much like they are banned from motorways is quite sensible.
I think Aberavon seafront has a cyclepath, but it would definitely be much safer to cycle on the road. Its about common sense, but obviously a lot of people lack it.

What we need is to train car drivers to respect ALL road users and not see every cyclist as an intruder into their space.
Evidence right here of massive car driver arrogance.

Anyone who has a motor cycle licence knows all about d1ckwad car drivers and how great their driving skills are.

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 10:03 - Jul 15 with 1480 viewsBoundy

Speeding cyclist kills Woman after crashing into her. on 21:35 - Jul 14 by BryanSwan

I know cyclists are allowed to, but is it really sensible to cycle on a road with cars going 60mph+
Its almost a deathwish.
That being said, i regularly see e-bikes flying down shared cycle & walking paths at ridiculous speeds.

I'm afraid there's no such thing as a"safe" shared path .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024