Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Emotional Intelligence 21:28 - Oct 16 with 1471 viewsMad_Mike

Graham Potter has a degree in Emotional Intelligence.
Seems to complement the way he deals with players staff media and fans.
I have noticed that when Russel Martin speaks a lot of the conversation is about 'feelings.'
He seems over sensitive to players state of mind.
He also quickly makes up his mind about players and rarely changes it.
He comes across as a really nice guy in interview but I wonder if this is true with the players. Surely we need a manager with a bit of bite? (I despaired when I saw the manager having a kick about with the boys on the training ground the day before Burnley)
When asked easy questions at the press conference he usually takes 5 minutes to answer. This makes me think that he is either not sufficiently confident in his answer or its just plain BS.
Every squad player is 'brilliant' or ' developed so much' or 'technically excellent' a
' lovely lad' etc etc
The fans are always 'the best' (even when they boo the team?)
He admires Jay Fulton for 'coming through a difficult situation last season'. Actually he told Jay he was no longer required and he should look for another team.

If your management style depends on how people are feeling then results will go up and down.
Emotional Intelligence on 21:30 - Oct 16 with 1458 views73__73

What a load of cr@p 😂

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Emotional Intelligence on 21:46 - Oct 16 with 1431 viewsmagicdaps10

You are spot on...... You are Mad Mike!!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Emotional Intelligence on 22:17 - Oct 16 with 1393 viewsAndyCole

Excellent thread Mike.

EQ washes over most folk.

Many here can learn a thing or two.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Emotional Intelligence on 11:50 - Oct 17 with 1268 viewsKeithHaynes

Emotional Intelligence on 21:30 - Oct 16 by 73__73

What a load of cr@p 😂

Which part ?

The way Martin trains employs a lot of emotional learning so players not only feel what they learn they experience hurt as well.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Emotional Intelligence on 20:31 - Oct 17 with 1142 viewsReslovenSwan1

It is still a mystery why Osterlands were able to keep Potter for 6 long seasons bu Swansea could not keep him for more than one fairly average campaign.

Why did he stay there so long? Was he ironing out his methods in a lower level league? .

Wise sage since Toshack era

Emotional Intelligence on 22:35 - Oct 17 with 1075 viewsReslovenSwan1

He did not show much emotional intelligence when he spent big money on Barry McKay and Asoro.

He also seemed to sulk when the much maligned US owners blocked a the £7m Brentford requested for Ryan Woods. Martin could have got him for free 3 year later with still plenty left in the tank.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Emotional Intelligence on 00:22 - Oct 18 with 1060 viewsBadlands

Emotional Intelligence on 20:31 - Oct 17 by ReslovenSwan1

It is still a mystery why Osterlands were able to keep Potter for 6 long seasons bu Swansea could not keep him for more than one fairly average campaign.

Why did he stay there so long? Was he ironing out his methods in a lower level league? .

His first job, very successful, felt at home, Allsvenskan is ignored in the UK, some of us who know a little of Sweden were suggesting him and Reid should take over after Bradley

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Emotional Intelligence on 09:06 - Oct 18 with 992 viewsBest_loser

Fergie had a degree in chucking boots at players , top managers have to have a fear factor I think
Login to get fewer ads

Emotional Intelligence on 09:57 - Oct 18 with 963 viewsonehunglow

Emotional Intelligence on 09:06 - Oct 18 by Best_loser

Fergie had a degree in chucking boots at players , top managers have to have a fear factor I think

@bsiluteky. Nice men ?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024