Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Tugendhat MP 13:37 - Nov 17 with 1362 viewsYrAlarch

Another Lawmaker turned lawbreaker.

Is it any wonder they do not have any respect.
Tom Tugendhat MP on 14:32 - Nov 17 with 1328 viewsFlashberryjack

Never heard of him, but I'm assuming he's a tory, otherwise you wouldn't have posted this.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Tom Tugendhat MP on 14:56 - Nov 17 with 1315 viewsunion_jack

Tom Tugendhat MP on 14:32 - Nov 17 by Flashberryjack

Never heard of him, but I'm assuming he's a tory, otherwise you wouldn't have posted this.

He was in the hat originally to become next pm but withdrew.

Silly, no dangerous thing to do and should be made an example of.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Tom Tugendhat MP on 15:03 - Nov 17 with 1315 viewsfelixstowe_jack

No doubt no Labour MP has ever been convicted of any motoring offences and no Labour supporter has ever picked up as much as speeding ticket.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Tom Tugendhat MP on 15:50 - Nov 17 with 1298 viewsKilkennyjack

Tom Tugendhat MP on 15:03 - Nov 17 by felixstowe_jack

No doubt no Labour MP has ever been convicted of any motoring offences and no Labour supporter has ever picked up as much as speeding ticket.

None have taken Russian money to bank roll the disaster of Brexit, and thats a fact. 🇬🇧🤝🇷🇺

Beware of the Risen People

Tom Tugendhat MP on 16:59 - Nov 17 with 1284 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Tom Tugendhat MP on 15:50 - Nov 17 by Kilkennyjack

None have taken Russian money to bank roll the disaster of Brexit, and thats a fact. 🇬🇧🤝🇷🇺

Only a fact in your deluded mind.

Once again you fail to recognise a democratic decision on the people of the UK including Wales.

Can you tell me how many MPs have been charged or convicted with taking bribes from Russian.

The answer is nil .

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Tom Tugendhat MP on 18:05 - Nov 17 with 1261 viewsSirjohnalot

I’m all for slamming the Tories but think it’s a bit harsh. Tom T seems to be quite decent
Tom Tugendhat MP on 18:41 - Nov 17 with 1249 viewsYrAlarch

Tom Tugendhat MP on 18:05 - Nov 17 by Sirjohnalot

I’m all for slamming the Tories but think it’s a bit harsh. Tom T seems to be quite decent

I did not mention that he was a Tory. My point related to the hypocracy of certain lawmakers be they Tory, Labour or any other Party. 'Quite' decent he may be but he should set an example. If those who make the Laws cannot abide by them, what hope for respect.
Tom Tugendhat MP on 18:52 - Nov 17 with 1238 viewsSirjohnalot

Tom Tugendhat MP on 18:41 - Nov 17 by YrAlarch

I did not mention that he was a Tory. My point related to the hypocracy of certain lawmakers be they Tory, Labour or any other Party. 'Quite' decent he may be but he should set an example. If those who make the Laws cannot abide by them, what hope for respect.

Fair enough but where do you draw the line ? Speeding ? Yellow lines ? It’s not a criminal offence per se. He was in court as he was on 12 points
Login to get fewer ads

Tom Tugendhat MP on 18:54 - Nov 17 with 1238 viewsunion_jack

Tom Tugendhat MP on 18:05 - Nov 17 by Sirjohnalot

You think his 6 months ban for driving with a phone in his hand and therefore not concentrating on what’s going on around him and a danger to all is harsh??

Maybe if a loved one of yours had been hurt, maimed or killed by such a driver would concentrate the mind. It’s not as if people are unaware of it being an offence and clearly in this case he felt he was above the law.

Tom Tugendhat MP on 19:07 - Nov 17 with 1234 viewsYrAlarch

Tom Tugendhat MP on 18:52 - Nov 17 by Sirjohnalot

Fair enough but where do you draw the line ? Speeding ? Yellow lines ? It’s not a criminal offence per se. He was in court as he was on 12 points

It may not be a criminal offence per se but it IS against the Law. That should be the line.
Tom Tugendhat MP on 22:19 - Nov 17 with 1191 viewsCatullus

Tom Tugendhat MP on 14:32 - Nov 17 by Flashberryjack

Seriously, you never heard of him? Strange, he is quite high profile.

In the world I want to live in this kind of law breaking by our politcal class would get them sacked for gross misconduct in office. he knows the law and its not his first offence, he can afford the very best hands free, he could put it on expenses too. It's stupid, criminally stupid.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Tom Tugendhat MP on 06:17 - Nov 18 with 1164 viewsSirjohnalot

Tom Tugendhat MP on 18:54 - Nov 17 by union_jack

You think his 6 months ban for driving with a phone in his hand and therefore not concentrating on what’s going on around him and a danger to all is harsh??

Maybe if a loved one of yours had been hurt, maimed or killed by such a driver would concentrate the mind. It’s not as if people are unaware of it being an offence and clearly in this case he felt he was above the law.

Believe me, I know very well the consequences of what can happen.

Point was, it shouldn’t lead to his dismissal
Tom Tugendhat MP on 10:52 - Nov 18 with 1123 viewsunion_jack

Tom Tugendhat MP on 06:17 - Nov 18 by Sirjohnalot

Believe me, I know very well the consequences of what can happen.

Point was, it shouldn’t lead to his dismissal

Yes, in fairness I’m sure you do.

So why do you say he shouldn’t be dismissed? Got off lightly given his position imo.

Tom Tugendhat MP on 17:29 - Nov 18 with 1087 viewsSirjohnalot

Tom Tugendhat MP on 10:52 - Nov 18 by union_jack

Yes, in fairness I’m sure you do.

So why do you say he shouldn’t be dismissed? Got off lightly given his position imo.

It’s not a criminal offence.
It’s not dishonesty
It’s doesn’t call into question someone’s integrity that could
Be used to blackmail him
Not lied to parliament
Not broken the code
He admitted it.
Similar to our self reporting eg if I get made bankrupt, my career is over, I’m struck off as I could be bribed eg

Same punishment as no insurance. Had he lied about it or falsely named someone else, that would be different.
Tom Tugendhat MP on 18:07 - Nov 18 with 1080 viewsCatullus

Tom Tugendhat MP on 17:29 - Nov 18 by Sirjohnalot

It’s not dishonesty
Be used to blackmail him
Not lied to parliament
Not broken the code
He admitted it.
Similar to our self reporting eg if I get made bankrupt, my career is over, I’m struck off as I could be bribed eg

Same punishment as no insurance. Had he lied about it or falsely named someone else, that would be different.

All of what you say is correct john BUT what he did does call into doubt his judgement. He has to vote in Parliament on very important issues and he does this very stupid thing.

Lets not forget that he sits there and passes laws that tell the rest of us what we can and cannot do but then he breaks rules, or at least this rule, more than once.

Give him the benefit of the doubt first time but to repeat the offence is stupid at best and do we want stupid people in Westminster? Haven't we had enough of them.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Tom Tugendhat MP on 18:35 - Nov 18 with 1067 viewsSirjohnalot

Tom Tugendhat MP on 18:07 - Nov 18 by Catullus

All of what you say is correct john BUT what he did does call into doubt his judgement. He has to vote in Parliament on very important issues and he does this very stupid thing.

Lets not forget that he sits there and passes laws that tell the rest of us what we can and cannot do but then he breaks rules, or at least this rule, more than once.

Give him the benefit of the doubt first time but to repeat the offence is stupid at best and do we want stupid people in Westminster? Haven't we had enough of them.

Don’t disagree but where do you draw the line ? What if he puts his foot down on the m4 and gets clocked at 90 or sticks his car on a yellow line whilst popping into the shop ? It’s about perspective I guess.

Dishonesty, violence, drink drive eg, may be different, but not sure this reaches that threshold.

Totally understand where you’re coming from though and it certainly raises a very fair question. It does a non criminal road traffic offence reach the point ?
Tom Tugendhat MP on 19:05 - Nov 18 with 1058 viewsCatullus

Tom Tugendhat MP on 18:35 - Nov 18 by Sirjohnalot

Don’t disagree but where do you draw the line ? What if he puts his foot down on the m4 and gets clocked at 90 or sticks his car on a yellow line whilst popping into the shop ? It’s about perspective I guess.

Dishonesty, violence, drink drive eg, may be different, but not sure this reaches that threshold.

Totally understand where you’re coming from though and it certainly raises a very fair question. It does a non criminal road traffic offence reach the point ?

Parking on a yellow isn't inherently dangerous, doing 90 on the M4depends on the traffic, the weather/road conditions but is inherently dangerous at a basic level.

For me it's the recklessness of making that choice again after having already being caught. Not to forget public perception, a lot of people are looking at him and seeing a politician saying "Don't do as I do, do as I say"

Tom Tugendhat MP on 23:26 - Nov 18 with 1016 viewsunion_jack

Tom Tugendhat MP on 17:29 - Nov 18 by Sirjohnalot

It’s not dishonesty
Be used to blackmail him
Not lied to parliament
Not broken the code
He admitted it.

So tell me, was the punishment in line with sentencing guidelines?

If so, then it’s anything but harsh. Not harsh enough in my opinion.

I’m not bothered as much as some that he is a hypocrite because he is a lawmaker and is disregarding his own laws. I’m more concerned that he is in charge of a 1.5t missile that could quite easily kill a person and ruin a family’s lives as a consequence. Parking on a yellow line doesn’t really compare!

Tom Tugendhat MP on 07:27 - Nov 19 with 992 viewsSirjohnalot

Tom Tugendhat MP on 23:26 - Nov 18 by union_jack

So tell me, was the punishment in line with sentencing guidelines?

If so, then it’s anything but harsh. Not harsh enough in my opinion.

I’m not bothered as much as some that he is a hypocrite because he is a lawmaker and is disregarding his own laws. I’m more concerned that he is in charge of a 1.5t missile that could quite easily kill a person and ruin a family’s lives as a consequence. Parking on a yellow line doesn’t really compare!

As far as I’m aware, he reached 12 points and was banned for 6 months which is what should’ve happened. All I was saying was that it doesn’t, in my opinion, warrant his losing his job over.
Tom Tugendhat MP on 14:34 - Nov 19 with 953 viewsCatullus

Tom Tugendhat MP on 07:27 - Nov 19 by Sirjohnalot

As far as I’m aware, he reached 12 points and was banned for 6 months which is what should’ve happened. All I was saying was that it doesn’t, in my opinion, warrant his losing his job over.

When it comes to our politicians I'm a regular Judge Jeffries, I think our politicians should be held to the very highest standards.

Break the law once, ok, benefit of the doubt but do it again and it uestions their ethics, their standards and their ability to make important decisions. He knew he was breaking the law and did it again anyway, that to me is the unforgiveable part. When you knowingly commit an offence it says something about you.

Yes I have knowingly committed driving offences, I have 1 parking ticket and one speeding offence to my name in 33 years of driving. I have recently started a new job, comany policy is no mobile phones not even on hands free and no sat nav on phones not even if it's on voice command and you can put it on the seat next to you and listen to the directions. Company policy says breaking these rules is a sackable offence.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024