Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forest Looking At A Pasting Tonight ? 20:10 - Jan 25 with 1893 viewsSTID2017

Started off very shaky and one nil down already.
Oh dear ...
I suppose at least it isn't league points at stake

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

0
Forest Looking At A Pasting Tonight ? on 19:58 - Jan 26 with 531 viewsWhiterockin

Forest Looking At A Pasting Tonight ? on 19:52 - Jan 26 by max936

I dunno and to honest I couldn't give a monkeys chuff about them


Nor me, I think the only reason they get mentioned is to wind up a poster on here.
0
Forest Looking At A Pasting Tonight ? on 19:59 - Jan 26 with 527 viewsmax936

Forest Looking At A Pasting Tonight ? on 19:58 - Jan 26 by Whiterockin

Nor me, I think the only reason they get mentioned is to wind up a poster on here.


0
Forest Looking At A Pasting Tonight ? on 20:12 - Jan 26 with 494 viewsDr_Parnassus

Forest Looking At A Pasting Tonight ? on 18:43 - Jan 26 by SullutaCreturned

Makes our achievement in getting to the EPL and winning it (Carabao obviously) even more incredible, right? We didn't spend 150 million on players after all and our stadium (so income) is almost half the size of the City Ground.


It was incredible yes.

Has anyone claimed it wasn’t then out of interest?

Although I’m terms of squad value, I’d guess it was roughly similar to Forests. Forests squad is among the bottom three in terms of squad value.

They had a particularly weak squad upon promotion so the spending was only to get them to the sufficient standard to compete with fellow relegation candidates.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

0
Forest Looking At A Pasting Tonight ? on 20:14 - Jan 26 with 487 viewsDr_Parnassus

Forest Looking At A Pasting Tonight ? on 19:58 - Jan 26 by Whiterockin

Nor me, I think the only reason they get mentioned is to wind up a poster on here.


Are you suggesting STID is a troll and instigates issues (rather than the opposite as he claims) and should be banned as a result of the rule break?

Interesting admission from an ally I must say.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

0
Forest Looking At A Pasting Tonight ? on 22:20 - Jan 26 with 446 viewsBoundy

Forest Looking At A Pasting Tonight ? on 12:11 - Jan 26 by Dr_Parnassus

They weren’t of equal standing, in the same league but not close to being equal.

Their squad was worth X4 what ours was.

We don’t beat teams of equal standing most weeks, you have to decide when it can be labelled that way and when it can’t.


So by that reckoning how did we compete and I mean compete not get lucky beating the established Big richly assembled squads , not once or twice not even thrice in some instances , not once did our squad value exceed the likes of Liverpool . Man City , Utd, Arsenal or Chelsea and yet

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

0
Forest Looking At A Pasting Tonight ? on 22:24 - Jan 26 with 437 viewsBoundy

Forest Looking At A Pasting Tonight ? on 20:14 - Jan 26 by Dr_Parnassus

Are you suggesting STID is a troll and instigates issues (rather than the opposite as he claims) and should be banned as a result of the rule break?

Interesting admission from an ally I must say.


You do love a ban especially when it's someone else's, boom boom said Basil Brush

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

0
Forest Looking At A Pasting Tonight ? on 23:43 - Jan 26 with 411 viewsSTID2017

Some strange comments on here.
My OP, third and fifth comments were honest and if anything two of them were acknowledging how well Forest did in the first half.
If some posters want to read that cynically and suggest I am trolling, then sorry but nothing I can do about that.
Nothing malicious, no name calling, nothing personal.
Purely comments on a game which was televised and which was a good game to watch.
Anyone else see a problem ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

0
Forest Looking At A Pasting Tonight ? on 01:49 - Jan 27 with 386 viewsDr_Parnassus

Forest Looking At A Pasting Tonight ? on 22:24 - Jan 26 by Boundy

You do love a ban especially when it's someone else's, boom boom said Basil Brush


Absolutely, redressing the balance of play.

The moment I say anything I am met with these characters asking for bans and reporting me. It works sometimes too.

The more I point out the disparity the more it will sink in.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

0
Login to get fewer ads

Forest Looking At A Pasting Tonight ? on 01:52 - Jan 27 with 385 viewsDr_Parnassus

Forest Looking At A Pasting Tonight ? on 22:20 - Jan 26 by Boundy

So by that reckoning how did we compete and I mean compete not get lucky beating the established Big richly assembled squads , not once or twice not even thrice in some instances , not once did our squad value exceed the likes of Liverpool . Man City , Utd, Arsenal or Chelsea and yet


The same way Forest beat Arsenal last year I guess?

And the same way they beat Tottenham and Liverpool this year.

Being able to win doesn’t mean they “should”. To suggest so is ludicrous.

The opposition would have been clear odds on favourites to win, just like Brentford were against us in the final.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2023 2:25]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

0
Forest Looking At A Pasting Tonight ? on 01:53 - Jan 27 with 384 viewsDr_Parnassus

Forest Looking At A Pasting Tonight ? on 23:43 - Jan 26 by STID2017

Some strange comments on here.
My OP, third and fifth comments were honest and if anything two of them were acknowledging how well Forest did in the first half.
If some posters want to read that cynically and suggest I am trolling, then sorry but nothing I can do about that.
Nothing malicious, no name calling, nothing personal.
Purely comments on a game which was televised and which was a good game to watch.
Anyone else see a problem ?


Just to be clear, whiterockin accused you of trolling, not me.

I’m more than happy to show your comments as being laughably unrealistic, I leave it up to others to determine your motivations - like Jack247 and Whiterockin have in recent days.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

0
Forest Looking At A Pasting Tonight ? on 13:17 - Jan 27 with 325 viewsSTID2017

Forest Looking At A Pasting Tonight ? on 19:58 - Jan 26 by Whiterockin

Nor me, I think the only reason they get mentioned is to wind up a poster on here.


In fairness my first three comments were supportive or at least realistic ( a popular phrase on here 😄 ) as most of mine are of course.
Felt Forest did okay but Manure were just too good for them.
As for winding other posters up - Em moi ?
[Post edited 27 Jan 2023 14:38]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

0
Forest Looking At A Pasting Tonight ? on 13:21 - Jan 27 with 320 viewsDr_Parnassus

Forest Looking At A Pasting Tonight ? on 13:17 - Jan 27 by STID2017

In fairness my first three comments were supportive or at least realistic ( a popular phrase on here 😄 ) as most of mine are of course.
Felt Forest did okay but Manure were just too good for them.
As for winding other posters up - Em moi ?
[Post edited 27 Jan 2023 14:38]


Glad you realise many of your posts were not realistic.

That’s a start.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026