Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 11:23 - Feb 19 with 16382 viewsNotLoyal

Two managers desperate for something, desperate for wins to ensure they keep their teams in a safer place other than an unsafe place. It could be a better place but probably not because an ‘unbetter’ place isn’t a word. Actually it is.

Swansea City and the tale of mid table woe 20th Feb 2023 11:19
Swansea City go in to tomorrow nights game against Stoke City with a gap to fill and that’s the ever increasing one between them and the Championship play offs. The responses from Russell Martin after yet another last gasp defeat at Blackburn Rovers on Saturday are beginning to annoy some of the most ardent of Swansea fans, and it’s all wearing a bit thin. 0

Cooper must start and Whittaker is in the frame for Swansea City 21st Feb 2023 11:16
Swansea City will be going all out for two wins over the next two home fixtures, and head coach Russell Martin knows only too well his team need to show the intensity he often talks about this evening against Stoke City ( Kick off 7.45pm ) Stoke are scrapping to keep away from the bottom three in a fixture that has always been a huge test for the Swans. 0

Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! 21st Feb 2023 21:59
Another tale of complete woe for the magnificent turn out yet again at the Swansea.Com stadium tonight. Russell Martin brought in the desired changes but nine seemed to impact the game in the Wayne wanted, and the game was lost and to be honest it wasn’t even close. 0

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Nathan Wood, Ben Cabango, Harry Darling; Matty Sorinola, Joe Allen, Matt Grimes (captain), Ryan Manning; Ollie Cooper, Morgan Whittaker; Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Andreas Søndergaard, Olivier Ntcham, Liam Cullen, Joel Latibeaudiere, Kyle Naughton, Liam Walsh, Cameron Congreve.

Stoke City: Matija Sarkic, Morgan Fox, Jacob Brown, Tyrese Campbell, Dwight Gayle, Ben Wilmot, Ki-Jana Hoever, Will Smallbone, Dujon Sterling, Ben Pearson, Josh Laurent (captain).

Substitutes: Jack Bonham, Lewis Baker, Jordan Thompson, Connor Taylor, Nathan Lowe, Kahrel Reddin, Gabriel Adebambo.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 04:27 - Feb 22 with 1239 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 00:10 - Feb 22 by jackdee

And taken more than any other owners in our history

Sorry, but you're wrong, show me what they've taken please, or is it just a lazy narrative?
Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 05:18 - Feb 22 with 1203 viewsangryjack

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 04:27 - Feb 22 by Treforys_Jack

Sorry, but you're wrong, show me what they've taken please, or is it just a lazy narrative?

They have though through player sales..
Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 06:02 - Feb 22 with 1191 viewsDr_Winston

Demonstrably not true via the clubs accounts. Audited and published. If you know otherwise then prove it. Or shush.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 06:39 - Feb 22 with 1160 viewsangryjack

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 06:02 - Feb 22 by Dr_Winston

Demonstrably not true via the clubs accounts. Audited and published. If you know otherwise then prove it. Or shush.

They have sold more in millions than any other owners..
Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 06:47 - Feb 22 with 1158 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 06:39 - Feb 22 by angryjack

They have sold more in millions than any other owners..

Again, prove that they've taken it out of the club.

Seems that legal action is being muttered about when it comes to defaming some people. I'd hate for you to get caught up in a libel action by making accusations that you can't prove.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 07:09 - Feb 22 with 1123 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 06:02 - Feb 22 by Dr_Winston

It's tiresome and quite obviously not true, I understand people want to lash out, but let's be objective, whilst our owners have demonstrated some naivety, initially by giving the reins to HJ and now giving RM too much time, they have also steered us through very choppy economic times. Now is the time to act though
Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 07:16 - Feb 22 with 1103 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 07:09 - Feb 22 by Treforys_Jack

It's tiresome and quite obviously not true, I understand people want to lash out, but let's be objective, whilst our owners have demonstrated some naivety, initially by giving the reins to HJ and now giving RM too much time, they have also steered us through very choppy economic times. Now is the time to act though

A good friend of mine is a senior auditing accountant and big Swans fan. To quote him directly, "If it was that easy to take money out of a business, I'd be out of a job". He goes through the accounts with a fine tooth comb every year when they come out and it's quite obvious to him that nothing untoward is going on, yet experts like AJ clearly know better.

Just comes back to what I've said before. No football fanbase anywhere, ever has demanding that their club limit spending to what they can afford. Any ownership that tries is heavily criticised and in most cases accused of taking money out.

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 07:25 - Feb 22 with 1083 viewsjackdee

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 07:16 - Feb 22 by Dr_Winston

A good friend of mine is a senior auditing accountant and big Swans fan. To quote him directly, "If it was that easy to take money out of a business, I'd be out of a job". He goes through the accounts with a fine tooth comb every year when they come out and it's quite obvious to him that nothing untoward is going on, yet experts like AJ clearly know better.

Just comes back to what I've said before. No football fanbase anywhere, ever has demanding that their club limit spending to what they can afford. Any ownership that tries is heavily criticised and in most cases accused of taking money out.

You don't get it...... they bought the club at point where it was most successful, our assets were at their most valuable, and just like a stock market crash they've turned our value into almost nothing in comparison. Now that to me is taking everything out of our club compared to what we had and in terms of value no other owners have done that

BTIIC

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 07:27 - Feb 22 with 1079 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 07:25 - Feb 22 by jackdee

You don't get it...... they bought the club at point where it was most successful, our assets were at their most valuable, and just like a stock market crash they've turned our value into almost nothing in comparison. Now that to me is taking everything out of our club compared to what we had and in terms of value no other owners have done that

So, according to an entirely arbitrary and made up by yourself measure, they've taken everything out of the club.

Riiiiiiight.

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 07:28 - Feb 22 with 1075 viewsswan65split

Has he gone yet?
Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 07:52 - Feb 22 with 1055 viewsswan65split

Just two add, I thought Woolmer, who was pretty much ok the last match he reffed us, had one of his "I hate the swans" game last night, left a lot go.
Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 07:59 - Feb 22 with 1038 viewsangryjack

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 06:47 - Feb 22 by Dr_Winston

Again, prove that they've taken it out of the club.

Seems that legal action is being muttered about when it comes to defaming some people. I'd hate for you to get caught up in a libel action by making accusations that you can't prove.

Didn't say they've taken anything out,said that we have sold millions and millions and bought next to nothing..the club should run itself,every club got costs so don't give that bull either..Where's it gone it's either sitting in club accounts or they have spu@ked it on dividends for themselves..
Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 08:02 - Feb 22 with 1032 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 07:59 - Feb 22 by angryjack

Didn't say they've taken anything out,said that we have sold millions and millions and bought next to nothing..the club should run itself,every club got costs so don't give that bull either..Where's it gone it's either sitting in club accounts or they have spu@ked it on dividends for themselves..

You claimed just this morning that they'd "taken out" through player sales. It was only a couple of hours ago. Have you forgotten already?

Again, the published club accounts show little or no cash balance and no dividends have been paid, otherwise the Supporters Trust would have received one as a shareholder.

Do you have any idea whatsoever how any of this works?

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 08:05 - Feb 22 with 1026 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 07:59 - Feb 22 by angryjack

From the Southend thread posted by Whiterock

A club, similar in size to us, PNE owner Craig Hemmings says

"The way that central media monies are paid creates massive challenges for those of us in the Championship trying to compete. It costs about £24 million pounds each year to keep us going. Towards this we receive approximately £2.3m from season tickets and a further £7.3m in total from the EFL and Premier League. After other income streams, that leaves my family with an annual shortfall of around £12m which we have to put into the club each season."

Those millions you speak of have gone toward the day to day running of the club,funding wages ( playing and non playing staff) etc as well as funding transfers. We have had over 22 players come into the club during Martins tenure they have all had a cost.

No dividends have been paid .....none stated in the accounts and none received by the Trust as they would have to have been paid out had the owners taken any....you obviously have no perception of the costs of running a football club

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 08:06 - Feb 22 with 1021 viewsangryjack

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 08:05 - Feb 22 by vetchonian

"The way that central media monies are paid creates massive challenges for those of us in the Championship trying to compete. It costs about £24 million pounds each year to keep us going. Towards this we receive approximately £2.3m from season tickets and a further £7.3m in total from the EFL and Premier League. After other income streams, that leaves my family with an annual shortfall of around £12m which we have to put into the club each season."

Those millions you speak of have gone toward the day to day running of the club,funding wages ( playing and non playing staff) etc as well as funding transfers. We have had over 22 players come into the club during Martins tenure they have all had a cost.

No dividends have been paid .....none stated in the accounts and none received by the Trust as they would have to have been paid out had the owners taken any....you obviously have no perception of the costs of running a football club

Oh right..how did we manage before the yanks then?wasn't a problem last time in championship years ago
[Post edited 22 Feb 2023 8:07]
Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 08:09 - Feb 22 with 1010 viewsangryjack

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 08:06 - Feb 22 by angryjack

Oh right..how did we manage before the yanks then?wasn't a problem last time in championship years ago

It only seems that the club is really expensive to run since yanks are ya never had these sob stories b4
Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 08:12 - Feb 22 with 1006 viewsBoundy

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 22:49 - Feb 21 by Dr_Parnassus

But it’s incorrect.

It’s not something that is subjective. I don’t respect lies I’m afraid.

Nor anyone else's unless it aligns with yours , endex

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 08:13 - Feb 22 with 995 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 08:06 - Feb 22 by angryjack

Because back then we had a different model, wages controlled, and also you seem to forget the monies received from the sale of Trundle, the monies received from the compensation for Martinez and his backroom staff and sale of Scotland.

We had a controlled wage structure paying within our means, we were good in the transfer market buying players who fitted our system and some with potential to develop and sell on at a profit...this was the "Swansea Way" more so than the style of play on the pitch which evolved from Martinez to Sousa to Rodgers in the Championship then under Laudrup in the Prem and it was the promotion to the Premier League which changed things.

We have added the Landore acadamy and the Fairwood facility to our cost base since those Championship days under the sell outs, its cost smore to put the lights on today than it did back then

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 08:14 - Feb 22 with 992 viewsangryjack

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 08:05 - Feb 22 by vetchonian

Oh right they just here for the fun and like giving money away to something they have no affiliation too..
Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 08:19 - Feb 22 with 979 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 07:52 - Feb 22 by swan65split

Just two add, I thought Woolmer, who was pretty much ok the last match he reffed us, had one of his "I hate the swans" game last night, left a lot go.

He along with the so called assistant referee in front of the West were diabolical.
He did let a lot go unless it was for Stoke whose players fell over at every slight contact...and who themselves were physical and dirty

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 08:21 - Feb 22 with 966 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 08:14 - Feb 22 by angryjack

Oh right they just here for the fun and like giving money away to something they have no affiliation too..

They are currently "protecting" their investment and hedging their bets.

Tell me where would be without them?

Where are the others queuing up to buy us or take us on.

Why do you think the "fans" who owned us sold out? IT was because they could no longer fund the "monster" the club had become

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 08:23 - Feb 22 with 965 viewsshingle

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 07:16 - Feb 22 by Dr_Winston

Ah so it's I have a friend time, you him or any of us don't know if they are or are not taking out of the club, if I had to make a decision I would suspect that they are as that is what clever sleazy people do.
Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 08:28 - Feb 22 with 949 viewsangryjack

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 08:21 - Feb 22 by vetchonian

They are currently "protecting" their investment and hedging their bets.

Tell me where would be without them?

Where are the others queuing up to buy us or take us on.

Why do you think the "fans" who owned us sold out? IT was because they could no longer fund the "monster" the club had become

It was because they had chance for big pay day and we were close to relegation and their share prices would dropped that's why they sold out
Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 08:32 - Feb 22 with 946 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 08:23 - Feb 22 by shingle

Ah so it's I have a friend time, you him or any of us don't know if they are or are not taking out of the club, if I had to make a decision I would suspect that they are as that is what clever sleazy people do.

If you have the vaguest understanding of tax law and audit then yes, yes you do know. It's actually quite simple.

Swansea City v Stoke City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 08:36 - Feb 22 with 944 viewsjackdee

When they took over we were at our most valuable and possibly most successful. They have now taken away that value completely. However you want to look at it they have taken that value out of the club. If we were sold today the differential in value would be huge.
No other owners have taken away so much in value.
If you don't maintain your assets they lose value and they've failed to do that since they took over.
If people don't think they've taken anything away from the club then that's up to them but quite simply I do

BTIIC

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024