Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid Still Here 11:36 - Mar 9 with 3310 viewsLuther27

Taken down by it a few days ago. Bit naughty this one…flu like symptoms for a couple of days which wasn’t very pleasant at all.

However, as I’m isolated from my family I’m now in control of the remote control just in time for a great sporting weekend. Plus my meals are delivered! 😀

This post has been edited by an administrator
Covid Still Here on 12:37 - Mar 9 with 2702 viewscadleigh

Got me too on a trip to Swansea to see my folks. Lot of it about. Stay safe and hope you feel better soon.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2023 12:38]

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:38 - Mar 9 with 2702 viewscadleigh

[Post edited 9 Mar 2023 12:40]

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Covid Still Here on 12:46 - Mar 9 with 2681 viewsmax936

Not good news that,

Hope you both get well soon.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Covid Still Here on 13:24 - Mar 9 with 2639 viewsbuilthjack

It's in a local care home. Nasty.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Covid Still Here on 13:33 - Mar 9 with 2630 viewsLuther27

Covid Still Here on 13:24 - Mar 9 by builthjack

It's in a local care home. Nasty.

Not good news that. I’m fully vaccinated but still felt rough. Feel sorry for those who are elderly I can tell you.
Covid Still Here on 18:56 - Mar 9 with 2525 viewssP7qupUf

I attended an out patients department in Morriston Hospital today (won't say which department). The clerk was looking at her computer screen and remarked to a colleague that there appeared to be high numbers being looked after in the hospital.
Covid Still Here on 19:14 - Mar 9 with 2507 viewsangryjack

I had it last week rough as he'll,it went on Sunday but now been struck down with severe ear infection banging headaches still not got smell or taste back..feel worse with after affects ....had my 3 jabs,but since having them I've never had so many illnesses in my life...strange that
Covid Still Here on 19:58 - Mar 9 with 2460 viewsbennytheblue

Covid Still Here on 13:33 - Mar 9 by Luther27

Not good news that. I’m fully vaccinated but still felt rough. Feel sorry for those who are elderly I can tell you.

Not necessarily that bad, my mother, who is 87, was in hospital recently and caught it like many others on the ward. Most were over 75. She had no symptoms at all, was gutted as she couldn’t be released whilst testing pos. If it had been the initial strain it would no doubt be very different.
Login to get fewer ads

Covid Still Here on 20:45 - Mar 9 with 2419 viewsBoundy

Covid Still Here on 18:56 - Mar 9 by sP7qupUf

I attended an out patients department in Morriston Hospital today (won't say which department). The clerk was looking at her computer screen and remarked to a colleague that there appeared to be high numbers being looked after in the hospital.

i was there on Monday ,I was in and out but I did notice a mixed bag of some wearing masks etc some not .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Covid Still Here on 08:03 - Mar 10 with 2315 viewsjojaca

Come on folks keep up with the programming, covid is old news. War, climate change and 15 cities is where we are at now.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2023 8:03]

Even when you know, you never know?

Covid Still Here on 10:13 - Mar 10 with 2248 viewscontroversial_jack

It's probably still here in large numbers, but we don't know as we aren't testing. Thankfully it's weakened and not causing deaths
Covid Still Here on 10:36 - Mar 10 with 2234 viewsScotia

Covid Still Here on 08:03 - Mar 10 by jojaca

Come on folks keep up with the programming, covid is old news. War, climate change and 15 cities is where we are at now.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2023 8:03]

We had war, climate change and 15 minute cities beofre covid. But as covid hasn't lived up to the conspiracy nutters predictions they've reverted to other stuff.

None of it is a conspiracy.
Covid Still Here on 11:22 - Mar 10 with 2214 viewsangryjack

Covid Still Here on 10:36 - Mar 10 by Scotia

We had war, climate change and 15 minute cities beofre covid. But as covid hasn't lived up to the conspiracy nutters predictions they've reverted to other stuff.

None of it is a conspiracy.

Tbh wish i never had my jabs,had covid since plus loads of illnesses I never ever had before the jabs,I keep getting ilk with different things all the time since,it could be coincidence but it's strange that I'm ill all time lately..
Covid Still Here on 11:33 - Mar 10 with 2202 viewsWhiterockin

Covid Still Here on 11:22 - Mar 10 by angryjack

Tbh wish i never had my jabs,had covid since plus loads of illnesses I never ever had before the jabs,I keep getting ilk with different things all the time since,it could be coincidence but it's strange that I'm ill all time lately..

Old age.
Covid Still Here on 11:50 - Mar 10 with 2177 viewsangryjack

Covid Still Here on 11:33 - Mar 10 by Whiterockin

Old age.

Oi..speak for yourself haha..
Covid Still Here on 01:21 - Mar 14 with 2019 viewsmangohilljack

Covid Still Here on 19:14 - Mar 9 by angryjack

I had it last week rough as he'll,it went on Sunday but now been struck down with severe ear infection banging headaches still not got smell or taste back..feel worse with after affects ....had my 3 jabs,but since having them I've never had so many illnesses in my life...strange that

Funny you should say that, there is a massive surge in sick days for my team in work for those that are fully zapped (don't like to use the real word) it's like their immune systems have gone into retreat and they pick up everything that travels around the air con system. Very concerning. But when pointed out you're called all sorts
Covid Still Here on 09:41 - Mar 14 with 1955 viewsSandanista

Covid Still Here on 10:13 - Mar 10 by controversial_jack

It's probably still here in large numbers, but we don't know as we aren't testing. Thankfully it's weakened and not causing deaths

It's not any 'weaker' than the original Wuhan strain. Causes fewer respiratory issues but more problematic systemic and vascular problems. We are as a population immune due to vaccination, infection and a combination thereof. As vaccines only reduce and cannot prevent transmission of later strains, the need to boost has become restricted to high risk groups.

Will be like flu vaccines in that is you are 50+ or have another condition you will be offered boosters.
Covid Still Here on 10:25 - Mar 14 with 1920 viewsmajorraglan

Covid Still Here on 09:41 - Mar 14 by Sandanista

It's not any 'weaker' than the original Wuhan strain. Causes fewer respiratory issues but more problematic systemic and vascular problems. We are as a population immune due to vaccination, infection and a combination thereof. As vaccines only reduce and cannot prevent transmission of later strains, the need to boost has become restricted to high risk groups.

Will be like flu vaccines in that is you are 50+ or have another condition you will be offered boosters.

Your last line is pretty much what’s happening here now. I believe the forthcoming spring booster programme will be limited to the Over 75s only and those individuals who are immunosuppressed for example people who are undergoing/undergone chemotherapy, taking high doses to steroid medication for medical conditions etc.

There is likely to be an autumn booster programme like last year which will follow the same rules, but it may be extended to and include the over 60’s like this years was.
Covid Still Here on 10:28 - Mar 14 with 1918 viewsmax936

Covid Still Here on 10:25 - Mar 14 by majorraglan

Your last line is pretty much what’s happening here now. I believe the forthcoming spring booster programme will be limited to the Over 75s only and those individuals who are immunosuppressed for example people who are undergoing/undergone chemotherapy, taking high doses to steroid medication for medical conditions etc.

There is likely to be an autumn booster programme like last year which will follow the same rules, but it may be extended to and include the over 60’s like this years was.

I've had the 4 jabs I've been invited to have as have my Mrs, both over 60, but a sore arm apart we've had no further issues, thankfully.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Covid Still Here on 21:09 - Mar 15 with 1832 viewscontroversial_jack

Covid Still Here on 10:28 - Mar 14 by max936

I've had the 4 jabs I've been invited to have as have my Mrs, both over 60, but a sore arm apart we've had no further issues, thankfully.

There's a nurse in Morriston who has had all her jabs and just caught the vid for the 4th time
Covid Still Here on 08:39 - Mar 16 with 1733 viewsraynor94

Covid Still Here on 21:09 - Mar 15 by controversial_jack

There's a nurse in Morriston who has had all her jabs and just caught the vid for the 4th time

Getting silly now, there will always be colds and flu around, if she didn't take a test, most probably she wouldn't know she was positive

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Covid Still Here on 08:45 - Mar 16 with 1731 viewsWhiterockin

Covid Still Here on 21:09 - Mar 15 by controversial_jack

Simple really. The vaccinations do not prevent you from catching covid, they just help to ensure the symptoms are not so severe. Proves a point really when she is alive to catch it the 4th time.
Covid Still Here on 11:18 - Mar 16 with 1685 viewscontroversial_jack

Covid Still Here on 08:39 - Mar 16 by raynor94

Getting silly now, there will always be colds and flu around, if she didn't take a test, most probably she wouldn't know she was positive

Covid is not the flu or a cold. Apparently, last time she was quite ill with it.Medical staff can't go to work with Covid for obvious reasons.
Covid Still Here on 15:08 - Mar 16 with 1653 views1462jack

Covid Still Here on 08:45 - Mar 16 by Whiterockin

Simple really. The vaccinations do not prevent you from catching covid, they just help to ensure the symptoms are not so severe. Proves a point really when she is alive to catch it the 4th time.

Not really I have had zero jabs and had covid 3 times no worse than a cold , possibly more as we don’t have to do the poxy tests in work anymore and am still here , had flu in 2008 thought I was going to die
Covid Still Here on 15:20 - Mar 16 with 1645 viewsWhiterockin

Covid Still Here on 15:08 - Mar 16 by 1462jack

Not really I have had zero jabs and had covid 3 times no worse than a cold , possibly more as we don’t have to do the poxy tests in work anymore and am still here , had flu in 2008 thought I was going to die

Proves nothing, except different people have different immune levels to different viruses, as with you and the flu.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024