Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wigan match thread - first time lucky !!! 17:48 - Mar 30 with 45295 viewsnumptydumpty

Can't recall ever doing one of these !!!

So got in early !!!

This game away at Wigan I believe is the most crucial game this season.

A good performance and a solid win and I think the rest of the season takes care of itself.

Could even climb a few places.

At least am thinking three first eleven players coming back with more we believe to follow pretty soon.

A frustrating draw or a dark and dingy defeat and the Sh*t will truly hit the fan for the rest of the season and even though right now I personally don't believe we are in any danger of relegation. A poor performance on Saturday and the players, fans and staff alike will all have the appropriate meltdowns !!

I do actually think a decent performance will remind most of the squad that care that they are indeed decent players and do have talent, fight and nerve !!!

I want to believe and am always open to believing but got legs, arms, fingers and any other appendage crossed !!!

Started last two jobs on April 1st and both been great choices.

Passed my driving test on Friday 13th and moved to current property on Friday 13th and its been a brilliant and long standing home.

So days when you meant to be unlucky or a bit of a fool, I have experienced the opposite !!!!!!

Hence guaranteed win !!!!

Wigan 0 QPR 2 😁😁😁😁😁

[Post edited 30 Mar 2023 18:00]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Wigan match thread - first time lucky !!! on 15:56 - Apr 1 with 2039 viewsJigsore

can't believe it's come to this, but here comes the biggest 45 minutes of our season

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Wigan match thread - first time lucky !!! on 15:56 - Apr 1 with 2037 viewscolinallcars

Just play the B team for the rest of the season…
Wigan match thread - first time lucky !!! on 15:56 - Apr 1 with 2031 viewsloftus77

Wigan match thread - first time lucky !!! on 15:49 - Apr 1 by Rs_Holy

'I'm honestly starting to think some of these players want to get relegated!'

I'm starting to smell a rat with some of these players!.... Paals cross out for a throw was way, way, way over hit when we had bodies in the area.

It would explain so much. Maybe on a long-term balance sheet it makes sense for the re-build of the club under GA? Maybe its best to go down this season and not be blown away next season with more financial repercussions?

I can't for the life of me see it - it seems absurd - but what do I know?

What I do know is that this afternoon is gone already. 2 or 3-0 Wigan. All over.
Wigan match thread - first time lucky !!! on 15:56 - Apr 1 with 2026 viewsdavman

We are losing. It was a certain penalty, but that foul on Willock. Gavin Ward is corrupt or very, very bad at his job. Utter cock

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Wigan match thread - first time lucky !!! on 15:58 - Apr 1 with 1965 viewsHarbour

Let’s face it if we can’t score can’t defend against probably the worst team in the league who were not paid did not train…what hope have we…have we declared on 42 points has any team ever stayed up on 42 points…
Wigan match thread - first time lucky !!! on 15:59 - Apr 1 with 1895 viewsDamo1962

Wigan match thread - first time lucky !!! on 15:49 - Apr 1 by paulparker

Can anyone name a more pathetic club in Britain than QPR ?

I'm struggling. May have to widen my search to the rest of Europe😉
Wigan match thread - first time lucky !!! on 16:00 - Apr 1 with 1876 viewsPinnerPaul

Wigan match thread - first time lucky !!! on 15:52 - Apr 1 by connell10

No mate we are a lot worse, form wise we are nailed on relegation.

Well clearly not as

a) SOMEONE down there would be winning and

b) We would be in the bottom 3 by now, even if there were only 2 or 3 teams down there that could actually win a game or two.
Wigan match thread - first time lucky !!! on 16:00 - Apr 1 with 1842 viewsLblock

Wigan match thread - first time lucky !!! on 15:55 - Apr 1 by lave16

No Armstrong either perhaps we could get a tune out of Caulker

Describing the efforts there in the first 45 as half arsed doesn't go far enough.... possibly just about quarter arsed.

This group of vvankers seriously do not give a fcuk about having an R next to their name for the 2022/23 season.
Ainsworth looks totally forlorn, lost and aged about 10 years in his short tenure.

My God what a club

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

Wigan match thread - first time lucky !!! on 16:01 - Apr 1 with 1821 viewsDamo1962

Wigan match thread - first time lucky !!! on 15:49 - Apr 1 by connell10

So that's Wigans 3 points back, might as close this thread now , only team to score will be Wigan, we are a turd of a team ....calvary my arse.

More like the "Light brigade" - and that didn't end too well either.
Wigan match thread - first time lucky !!! on 16:01 - Apr 1 with 1832 viewsHooping_Mad

My lord, clueless.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Wigan match thread - first time lucky !!! on 16:01 - Apr 1 with 1832 viewsed_83

Trying desperately to take the positives from that: Willock looks dangerous, we’re pressing really aggressively and Wigan look vulnerable at the back.

Everything else, good grief. So many stupid, needless mistakes. Laird and Balogun in particular are playing like absolute tarts, our final ball and general decision-making has been dreadful, and Wigan have been far more incisive and threatening than us when they attack. Refereeing has been appalling - letting so much stuff go from Wigan that we get blown up for, giving them a free pass to obstruct and foul us at will - but that’s no excuse.

Think the next 45 minutes could go a long way to determining the rest of our season. Get the ball to Willock and make something happen and who knows? Wigan are rubbish and there for the taking, but not if we keep playing like this.
Wigan match thread - first time lucky !!! on 16:01 - Apr 1 with 1787 viewsPinnerPaul

Wigan match thread - first time lucky !!! on 15:54 - Apr 1 by DylanP

What a load of rubbish Just absolute dross. Every time something good started, someone just whacked it nowhere in particular.

Willock looked hopeful. We have talent in a lot of players. Paal and Laird are both capable. But the team is just hopeless as a whole.

We are playing such a bad team. Their goalie is a mare and yet we have barely tested him. I cannot remember a single save. Or a single direct shot. For fcks sake!

Bring on Chair and hope he can be a spark?

2 shots, 1 on target stats say.

Willock had an early effort I think.
Wigan match thread - first time lucky !!! on 16:03 - Apr 1 with 1721 viewsmart_Goblin

This lot have completely lost the concept of simple footballing basics .

Pass the ball …get tight …find space blah blah blah.

There is nothing .
Wigan match thread - first time lucky !!! on 16:03 - Apr 1 with 1694 viewsdavman

Chair is togged for the 2nd half...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Wigan match thread - first time lucky !!! on 16:04 - Apr 1 with 1648 viewsstainrods_elbow

The ref, as we all know, is a bullied little c*nt who should be f*cked off out of the game (and certainly our games) by a massive sliding tackle from the ghost of Alan McDonald.

Balogun - words fail me! Thick as sh*t for the penalty, then tries as hard as he can to volley in an own goal. Ainsworht has to hook him at h/t - he's looked like a lumbering liability.

We've at least tried to attack, and the real Chrissy Willock looks like he might be back, but the fecklesness and wastefulness of the likes of Paal and Johansen have really rained on our parade. One powder-puff header from Martin and a tame shot from Willock into the keeper's arms have been pretty much it.

London on comms has been reduced to berating the dogsh*t officials, while Sinton just sounds resigned. It could be two wins in 23 after this, and I can't even see where the next goal's coming from.

Cometh the hour, cometh our electric Chair?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Wigan match thread - first time lucky !!! on 16:04 - Apr 1 with 1665 viewsPinnerPaul

Wigan match thread - first time lucky !!! on 15:56 - Apr 1 by Jigsore

can't believe it's come to this, but here comes the biggest 45 minutes of our season

I thought so before today, but if results stay the same we are still the same number of points from bottom 3 with one less game for them to catch up.

It IS a sad state to be relying on others but looks like it has come to it now!

Edit - Spoke too soon - Huddersfield level
[Post edited 1 Apr 2023 16:10]
Wigan match thread - first time lucky !!! on 16:05 - Apr 1 with 1633 viewsterryb

Wigan match thread - first time lucky !!! on 15:52 - Apr 1 by PinnerPaul

Have we been that bad - genuine question?

Stats don't have much in it?

Yes, we have been Paul! Wigan might be even worse, but they are in front & won't care.

It is slightly better than the last game & Willock has provided a little, but we don't look as if we will ever score. A superb save from Dieng to deny Dunne.

The crossing/passing from Laird & Paal has been awful.
Wigan match thread - first time lucky !!! on 16:06 - Apr 1 with 1582 viewsTacticalR

The only ray of light is Willock, who looks capable of creating all sorts of problems in the box.

What in the name of God has happened to Johansen?

How many free kicks have we wasted? How poor has the touch of so many of our players been?

Air hostess clique

Wigan match thread - first time lucky !!! on 16:06 - Apr 1 with 1563 viewsaston_hoop

Chair on for Dunne

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Wigan match thread - first time lucky !!! on 16:06 - Apr 1 with 1555 viewsVancouverHoop

Illy on for Dunne
Wigan match thread - first time lucky !!! on 16:06 - Apr 1 with 1551 viewsRs_Holy

Dunne off... Chair on.... GA throwing the kitchen sink at it!
Wigan match thread - first time lucky !!! on 16:07 - Apr 1 with 1517 viewsloftboy

Huddersfield equalised

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Wigan match thread - first time lucky !!! on 16:07 - Apr 1 with 1516 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Wigan match thread - first time lucky !!! on 15:58 - Apr 1 by Harbour

Let’s face it if we can’t score can’t defend against probably the worst team in the league who were not paid did not train…what hope have we…have we declared on 42 points has any team ever stayed up on 42 points…

In five of the last 10 seasons you only needed 42 points to stay up.
I reckon we'll need a points deduction to be relegated this season.
But having fun reading the Drama Queens take on it all.
Wigan match thread - first time lucky !!! on 16:11 - Apr 1 with 1350 viewsconnell10

Wigan match thread - first time lucky !!! on 16:07 - Apr 1 by Spaghetti_Hoops

In five of the last 10 seasons you only needed 42 points to stay up.
I reckon we'll need a points deduction to be relegated this season.
But having fun reading the Drama Queens take on it all.

Drama Queens???? So your not a least bit worried that we will go down ?? I'll have what ever your on mate.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Wigan match thread - first time lucky !!! on 16:11 - Apr 1 with 1343 viewsPinnerPaul

Wigan match thread - first time lucky !!! on 16:05 - Apr 1 by terryb

Yes, we have been Paul! Wigan might be even worse, but they are in front & won't care.

It is slightly better than the last game & Willock has provided a little, but we don't look as if we will ever score. A superb save from Dieng to deny Dunne.

The crossing/passing from Laird & Paal has been awful.

Fair enough Terry - as I said, it was a genuine question as I don't have a stream.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024