Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dozzell & Kakay 12:03 - May 11 with 13536 viewsCamberleyR

Have made the worst Championship XI of the season...

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Dozzell & Kakay on 14:49 - May 11 with 2792 viewsMatch82

Dozzell & Kakay on 12:48 - May 11 by OakR

I think you've always needed a degree of mental toughness to play at this level, to cope with the crowd, pressure etc.

Since social media though and things like this, I wonder how many players are additionally affected, some of it can now be constant 24/7 abuse or criticism which must be hard to deal with, when all friends and family can see it also.

This bit is always glossed over by the "they're paid a lot of money they should just get over it" crowd. Yes they're lucky to be playing in an era where the money is great but I genuinely wonder how many of them would take a 50% paycut if it meant no abuse or scrutiny at the game or on social media.
Dozzell & Kakay on 15:13 - May 11 with 2719 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I stopped following this account because some of their opinions on players who'd apparently played well were mystifying. I think they have very little credibility.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dozzell & Kakay on 15:39 - May 11 with 2624 viewsbaz_qpr

These are based on the Whoscored average ratings which in turn are based on their stats. Tackles, pass completion, interceptions, headers won etc.

They are quite detailed.

I think we will probably see Chair and Field in the best team based on the same ratings.

Appreciate its perception but Kakay and Dozzell were regularly scoring the lowest marks in the team on this and other rating systems
Dozzell & Kakay on 15:43 - May 11 with 2613 viewsWatford_Ranger

Dozzell & Kakay on 14:49 - May 11 by Match82

This bit is always glossed over by the "they're paid a lot of money they should just get over it" crowd. Yes they're lucky to be playing in an era where the money is great but I genuinely wonder how many of them would take a 50% paycut if it meant no abuse or scrutiny at the game or on social media.

Very few I’d guess.
Dozzell & Kakay on 15:48 - May 11 with 2580 viewspaulparker

Dozzell & Kakay on 14:49 - May 11 by Superhoops2808

How about we do a team of 11 of the least constructive posters on this forum

I am quickly coming to the conclusion I would make you my Captain!!

Least constructive that’s your opinion
But I’ve never seen a post from you that’s even made me glance twice
BTW did you stay behind on Monday and clap them off ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Dozzell & Kakay on 15:54 - May 11 with 2565 viewsDannyPaddox

Dozzell & Kakay on 12:11 - May 11 by Dorse

No one going to mention QPR alumnus Conor Washington leading the line?

Alumnus horribilis?
Dozzell & Kakay on 16:20 - May 11 with 2477 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Dozzell & Kakay on 13:35 - May 11 by Antti_Heinola

Well, I don't agree mate, sorry. That's sort of my point - I don't think 'they get paid handsomely so it's ok to ridicule them on social media' really makes much sense.
I also think it's a bit different to the old days of fans complaining about players. It was extraordonarily rare to outright boo your own player, so while I'm sure some players felt discontent from the terraces, it wasn't quite like this.

Whilst I agree that times have changed, back in the day it was definitely not rare to hear fans boo their own player. In the absence of social media, this was one of the very few ways in which fans could voice their displeasure. That being said, social media has increased scrutiny and enabled individuals to target players directly and with more vigour from the relative comfort and safety of their keyboard. It must take some strength of character and self-belief to ignore such abuse.
[Post edited 11 May 2023 16:21]
Dozzell & Kakay on 16:45 - May 11 with 2443 viewsSuperhoops2808

Dozzell & Kakay on 15:48 - May 11 by paulparker

Least constructive that’s your opinion
But I’ve never seen a post from you that’s even made me glance twice
BTW did you stay behind on Monday and clap them off ?

This one clearly did

What has Monday got to do with this thread?

I think there are many here that would have you in the mighty X1
Login to get fewer ads

Dozzell & Kakay on 16:54 - May 11 with 2382 viewsSheffieldHoop

Dozzell & Kakay on 14:49 - May 11 by Match82

I believe the answer to your question is somewhere between 1% and 3%. Maybe 1 player per squad, at most. Water off a duck's back for the rest of them.

I doubt Ozzy will be too bothered about this in the grand scheme of things, I hope if anything he'll take it as an incentive to kick on next season.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Dozzell & Kakay on 17:08 - May 11 with 2356 viewsWegerles_Stairs

To be fair to Ozzy, he never hides and has improved going forward this season. However, he will never be a Championship right back. As with Dozzell and Washington, by recruiting League 1 or lower (Niko) players, we sink further to that (inevitable) level. We've even got a League 1 manager now to complete the set.
Dozzell & Kakay on 17:35 - May 11 with 2241 viewsLblock

The force of the snowflake is strong here

We continue to dilute any toughness out of anything in this world now.
Pretty soon I think we’ll be using entrance qualification to the SAS being a degree in flower arrangement and a good eye for interior design.
Every day I’m reading about toxic workplaces, bullying and all manner of reasons why slack needs to be cut to people.

If you choose to enter the gladiator pit then be prepared to have a fackin fight!

You may have noticed that in certain football games you could have 20,000 plus opposing fans calling you all sorts of bunts and castards - that is the world and the way of it. You’ve gotta be tough in mind and body or you will fail.
Dealing with it is key.

Construction industry was one of the worst in terms of working conditions, stress, aggression and emotional toil. It’s much “softer” now but it’s still the case of you need to be on it or crumble.
I’ve done 39 years of it now and I’m burned – if I hadn’t developed the right attitude 37 years ago there’s no way I’d have been as successful as I have…. However I’m at the level where my abilities stretched and I know going any higher isn’t for me (retirement next step!!!)

Back to the point – these players MUST have some modicum of ability to make it this far in the game. They’re in this selection of “worst”for a reason or reasons and these can be seen easily in competitive arenas. It’s up to them to either right that or accept dropping a level
Personally I’d not have Kakay in there and he’d certainly be way after Richards, Roberts, Amos or many others. However, I’d make Dozzell captain of that disparate bunch

Amazed we only have two entrants!!!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Dozzell & Kakay on 18:12 - May 11 with 2135 viewspaulparker

Dozzell & Kakay on 16:45 - May 11 by Superhoops2808

This one clearly did

What has Monday got to do with this thread?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Dozzell & Kakay on 18:31 - May 11 with 2087 viewsdavman

Dozzell & Kakay on 15:13 - May 11 by BrianMcCarthy

I stopped following this account because some of their opinions on players who'd apparently played well were mystifying. I think they have very little credibility.

...and this is the thing I do not understand.

The key word there, Bri, is "opinions". Like a**eholes, we all have one. Footballing ability is NOT measurable, so no-one can say that their view is definitive in terms of who is the best and who is the worst.

I can honestly say that I have watched Ozzie for a few years now and honestly do not get the view that he is awful - yes, he has made mistakes (haven't they all), but he is an honest, hard working footballer. In my opinion, he is not the best, but he is a long way away from the worst - I mean, compare him to Nico! (MY opinion).

But there are others on here who opine just how crap Ozzie is. I don't get them; they can't be wrong as it is THEIR opinion, but I don't get it.

I could go on about a large number of others too. Charlie Austin last season, massive case in point for me. He was dog awful since he signed permanently bar one game v Everton and then his farewell performance. MY opinion (shared by my son, but he's hardly impartial) yet there are some that fervently defend him even suggesting he should have been kept on - absolute nonsense (in MY opinion...).

As to our comments affecting the players, I'm afraid that I am in the "ah diddums" space. Would I say what I type to their face? I'd like to think so as I genuinely don't think I go overboard on here on and like 99% of us, wtf do I really know about football? Why should MY opinion matter? It shouldn't and if it really does, don't go looking ffs; people giving their opinion on sports and other "performers" is hardly a new thing.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Dozzell & Kakay on 18:54 - May 11 with 2060 viewsHammersmithR

I think Kakay is absolutely garbage. Have seen enough of him to know he is not Championship quality. Dozzell is another powder puff of a player. Ipswich saw us coming with him. Not surprised they’re in this list. If Kakay is our number one right back next season we will down the bottom for the whole season. Stealing a living from our club.
Dozzell & Kakay on 18:54 - May 11 with 2060 viewskensalriser

Whatever they do and however much they earn, nobody likes being humiliated.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Dozzell & Kakay on 19:21 - May 11 with 2008 viewsdistortR

Dozzell & Kakay on 14:21 - May 11 by Antti_Heinola

Like a lot of things, fans form opinions based on either very little (body language on the pitch, or some other nebulous 'evidence') or maybe some second hand hearsay.

I don't believe a single one of us know anything about Dozzell. He's struggled, other than a brief period in the autumn under Warbs, where he was ok, but we have no idea if he works hard, or how his attitude is. I just find some of the outright hatred on this board a bit disturbing sometimes.

Dozzell has struggled, but we don't know if, in playing terms, he's being asked to be something he isn't. I think we've seen glimpses to know that there is a player in there.
One thing about him though - he hasn't hidden in terms of being available for selection.
Dozzell & Kakay on 20:33 - May 11 with 1895 viewsQPunkR

I'm just astounded we don't have at least 9 players in that side

QPR - "shit but local"

Dozzell & Kakay on 20:35 - May 11 with 1879 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dozzell & Kakay on 15:39 - May 11 by baz_qpr

These are based on the Whoscored average ratings which in turn are based on their stats. Tackles, pass completion, interceptions, headers won etc.

They are quite detailed.

I think we will probably see Chair and Field in the best team based on the same ratings.

Appreciate its perception but Kakay and Dozzell were regularly scoring the lowest marks in the team on this and other rating systems

All very true, but the algorithims (there's that word again) may make no allowance for positioning, shadowing, organisational ability, communication or other key defensive skills. Most algorithims, for example, only measure work done on or to the ball, they make no allowance for work off the ball because it's not easy to measure or define.

In the Burnely game one of the stats sites had Dunne in their team of the week. Not Dickie.

Dozzell & Kakay on 21:23 - May 11 with 1790 viewsdistortR

Dozzell & Kakay on 20:35 - May 11 by BrianMcCarthy

All very true, but the algorithims (there's that word again) may make no allowance for positioning, shadowing, organisational ability, communication or other key defensive skills. Most algorithims, for example, only measure work done on or to the ball, they make no allowance for work off the ball because it's not easy to measure or define.

In the Burnely game one of the stats sites had Dunne in their team of the week. Not Dickie.

Yeah, you're just getting ready to defend 'no-passes Tim' again, aren't you?
Dozzell & Kakay on 21:47 - May 11 with 1742 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dozzell & Kakay on 21:23 - May 11 by distortR

Yeah, you're just getting ready to defend 'no-passes Tim' again, aren't you?

Passing is soooo passé.

Dozzell & Kakay on 23:51 - May 11 with 1644 viewsMatch82

Dozzell & Kakay on 17:35 - May 11 by Lblock

The force of the snowflake is strong here

We continue to dilute any toughness out of anything in this world now.
Pretty soon I think we’ll be using entrance qualification to the SAS being a degree in flower arrangement and a good eye for interior design.
Every day I’m reading about toxic workplaces, bullying and all manner of reasons why slack needs to be cut to people.

If you choose to enter the gladiator pit then be prepared to have a fackin fight!

You may have noticed that in certain football games you could have 20,000 plus opposing fans calling you all sorts of bunts and castards - that is the world and the way of it. You’ve gotta be tough in mind and body or you will fail.
Dealing with it is key.

Construction industry was one of the worst in terms of working conditions, stress, aggression and emotional toil. It’s much “softer” now but it’s still the case of you need to be on it or crumble.
I’ve done 39 years of it now and I’m burned – if I hadn’t developed the right attitude 37 years ago there’s no way I’d have been as successful as I have…. However I’m at the level where my abilities stretched and I know going any higher isn’t for me (retirement next step!!!)

Back to the point – these players MUST have some modicum of ability to make it this far in the game. They’re in this selection of “worst”for a reason or reasons and these can be seen easily in competitive arenas. It’s up to them to either right that or accept dropping a level
Personally I’d not have Kakay in there and he’d certainly be way after Richards, Roberts, Amos or many others. However, I’d make Dozzell captain of that disparate bunch

Amazed we only have two entrants!!!!!

Really not trying to pick a fight here.

"We continue to dilute any toughness out of anything in this world now."

Because tough in this context is the ability to stand up to mental and or physical abuse?

Being able to stand up to mental and physical abuse is a good thing I don't think anyone wants to stamp that out or dilute it. What I would like to do personally is live in a world where it's not considered acceptable for people to give out that physical/mental abuse whenever they feel like it to others (regardless of whether "it's just banter"). Just because that's what happened in the past doesn't make it ok now. If that makes me a snowflake then...ok I guess?
Dozzell & Kakay on 00:32 - May 12 with 1609 viewslave16

Dozzell & Kakay on 20:33 - May 11 by QPunkR

The other 6 didn't rack up the required minutes to qualify - over 1000 minutes is over 10 games

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Dozzell & Kakay on 00:36 - May 12 with 1609 viewslave16

Dozzell & Kakay on 20:33 - May 11 by QPunkR

The other 6 didn't rack up the required minutes to qualify - over 1000 minutes is over 10 games

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Dozzell & Kakay on 08:25 - May 12 with 1494 viewsLblock

Dozzell & Kakay on 23:51 - May 11 by Match82

Really not trying to pick a fight here.

"We continue to dilute any toughness out of anything in this world now."

Because tough in this context is the ability to stand up to mental and or physical abuse?

Being able to stand up to mental and physical abuse is a good thing I don't think anyone wants to stamp that out or dilute it. What I would like to do personally is live in a world where it's not considered acceptable for people to give out that physical/mental abuse whenever they feel like it to others (regardless of whether "it's just banter"). Just because that's what happened in the past doesn't make it ok now. If that makes me a snowflake then...ok I guess?

Not looking for an internet spat neither.......

Physical abuse not mentioned so I'll set that aside.

Being tough mentally does not mean you are immune to mental abuse.
My point was I feel it's all too easy these days to suddenly throw your hands up and claim you're being picked on or people given too much slack. I say again -- if you enter an arena that is high pressure then deal with it and take the rewards; if you can't deal with it then leave and find less pressure elsewhere.
I've not advocated mental abuse anywhere.

I was pretty tough mentally (never physically!!) until a couple of years back. Now, as I get older and mellow, I'm nowhere near it and I will be leaving behind some pretty tough day to day challenges as soon as possible. I'll look back and say "blimey that career had me washed up in my early 50's but it was worth it for what it gave me (health willing)"

It's all relative though -- I have no idea how Bomb Disposal experts, surgeons, ATC's etc manage to do what they do; by Christ they must be mentally tough!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Dozzell & Kakay on 10:00 - May 12 with 1418 viewsEsox_Lucius

Dozzell & Kakay on 08:25 - May 12 by Lblock

Not looking for an internet spat neither.......

Physical abuse not mentioned so I'll set that aside.

Being tough mentally does not mean you are immune to mental abuse.
My point was I feel it's all too easy these days to suddenly throw your hands up and claim you're being picked on or people given too much slack. I say again -- if you enter an arena that is high pressure then deal with it and take the rewards; if you can't deal with it then leave and find less pressure elsewhere.
I've not advocated mental abuse anywhere.

I was pretty tough mentally (never physically!!) until a couple of years back. Now, as I get older and mellow, I'm nowhere near it and I will be leaving behind some pretty tough day to day challenges as soon as possible. I'll look back and say "blimey that career had me washed up in my early 50's but it was worth it for what it gave me (health willing)"

It's all relative though -- I have no idea how Bomb Disposal experts, surgeons, ATC's etc manage to do what they do; by Christ they must be mentally tough!!

You don't play football to experience being abused, you play it to win games. An understanding that opponents fans will try to unsettle you will be taken as part and parcel but from your own fans?
Considered criticism of players is one thing but some of the vitriol in these posts is cowardly and disgusting... and unnecessary. Players do NOT improve if given pelters.

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024