Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ainsworth and his wholehearted triers !!! 21:52 - Jun 27 with 3286 viewsnumptydumpty

So far Dykes and Smyth

So is Ainsworth going to be a team in his own image !!!

Dunne and Field also in this mould. Chair too.

So expect in Barbet, Ball, Scowen !!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Ainsworth and his wholehearted triers !!! on 22:28 - Jun 27 with 3115 viewsdigswellhoop

id have ball back
i think ainsworth will get 5 aor 6 games
Ainsworth and his wholehearted triers !!! on 08:32 - Jun 28 with 2773 viewsenfieldargh

Ainsworth and his wholehearted triers !!! on 22:28 - Jun 27 by digswellhoop

id have ball back

I think GA is going to surprise us with a combative team.

Would rather see 11 wholehearted players giving their all compared to the weak wristed slop we got served for the bulk up last season.

Yes its the hope..........

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Ainsworth and his wholehearted triers !!! on 08:35 - Jun 28 with 2765 viewsconnell10

What ever it is its got to b e better than last season!!!!!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Ainsworth and his wholehearted triers !!! on 08:50 - Jun 28 with 2709 viewsrobith

So after having most of a season mugging the team off for not trying, we now hate having players who may be limited but will run through walls. It's just a damn popularity contest with you kids
[Post edited 30 Jun 2023 10:01]
Ainsworth and his wholehearted triers !!! on 08:58 - Jun 28 with 2671 viewsTheChef

Ainsworth and his wholehearted triers !!! on 08:50 - Jun 28 by robith

So after having most of a season mugging the team off for not trying, we now hate having players who may be limited but will run through walls. It's just a damn popularity contest with you kids

Indeed - not quite sure if that is what Numpty is getting at?

But yeah, sorry I've changed my mind and now I want a bunch of expensive, skilful players who can't be arsed.

You can't win with football fans.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Ainsworth and his wholehearted triers !!! on 09:15 - Jun 28 with 2607 viewsThird_Division_South

id have ball back

Bit harsh when 4 of our first 5 are away
Ainsworth and his wholehearted triers !!! on 09:29 - Jun 28 with 2557 viewsrobith

Ainsworth and his wholehearted triers !!! on 08:58 - Jun 28 by TheChef

But yeah, sorry I've changed my mind and now I want a bunch of expensive, skilful players who can't be arsed.

I was more sticking a socio-political thermometer in the ass of QPR fans and taking the cultural temperature than specifically digging numpty so apols if it came across like that
Ainsworth and his wholehearted triers !!! on 09:32 - Jun 28 with 2547 viewsChurchie

Josh Scowen, now you're talking. Looks like a perfect fit for how we are going to play and he's only thirty I think.
Login to get fewer ads

Ainsworth and his wholehearted triers !!! on 09:58 - Jun 28 with 2434 viewsRangersw12

Signing young/mid 20's players with pace and work ethic - tick

Signing journeyman cloggers like Scowen - No
Ainsworth and his wholehearted triers !!! on 10:05 - Jun 28 with 2411 viewsJuzzie

id have ball back

Is that all manager's get nowadays before the "he has to go" twitterati gain full flow?
Ainsworth and his wholehearted triers !!! on 10:09 - Jun 28 with 2383 viewsslmrstid

I saw a comment on Facebook last night saying we need to sign Premiership or Championship players just to finish 4th last.

I mean...obviously that makes no sense whatsoever. If we were signing Premiership players I think we'd be rather setting our sights higher than 4th last...

The internet is a weird place sometimes.
Ainsworth and his wholehearted triers !!! on 12:43 - Jun 28 with 2149 viewsnumptydumpty

Ainsworth and his wholehearted triers !!! on 08:50 - Jun 28 by robith

I just posted a thread up here stating what i thought Ainsworth is driving at and NEVER said I was against it - am fully signed up for it and will give it time to work.

Putting words into my mouth !!!

Only mentioned the three names Scowen, Ball, Barbet as examples from past in my immediate memories - not my actual options for signings.

Just the first two signings suggest this ethos and I will always wait until the results for a while before making any decisions either way.

But so far so good from my perspective.
My belief also - you do need the skilful triers also such as Chair currently...

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Ainsworth and his wholehearted triers !!! on 13:18 - Jun 28 with 2010 viewsDannyPaddox

Everyone is reading Digs wrong. When he says Ainsworth will get 5 or 6 games he means he’ll pick himself to play for 5 or 6 games. Mostly as impact sub - last 10/ 15 minutes. But expect him to start against Narj in the Carabao. And he’ll play in a pair of Adidas snakeskin cowboy boots. Rock n Roll!
Ainsworth and his wholehearted triers !!! on 13:45 - Jun 28 with 1919 viewsQPROslo

Ainsworth and his wholehearted triers !!! on 09:58 - Jun 28 by Rangersw12

Signing young/mid 20's players with pace and work ethic - tick

Signing journeyman cloggers like Scowen - No

To be fair Scowen was a lot better than a vlogger.
Ainsworth and his wholehearted triers !!! on 14:45 - Jun 28 with 1838 viewsDorse

Ainsworth and his wholehearted triers !!! on 13:18 - Jun 28 by DannyPaddox

Everyone is reading Digs wrong. When he says Ainsworth will get 5 or 6 games he means he’ll pick himself to play for 5 or 6 games. Mostly as impact sub - last 10/ 15 minutes. But expect him to start against Narj in the Carabao. And he’ll play in a pair of Adidas snakeskin cowboy boots. Rock n Roll!

He'll tear the sleeves off his shirt first.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Ainsworth and his wholehearted triers !!! on 14:52 - Jun 28 with 1783 viewsdaveB

I think it will be like Holloways second spell, good some weeks, dreadful others but always with a team trying their best. Wouldn't expect much higher than 16th
Ainsworth and his wholehearted triers !!! on 14:58 - Jun 28 with 1761 viewsDannyPaddox

Ainsworth and his wholehearted triers !!! on 14:45 - Jun 28 by Dorse

He'll tear the sleeves off his shirt first.

(Raised fist) For those about to hoof. We salute you!
Ainsworth and his wholehearted triers !!! on 15:21 - Jun 28 with 1692 viewsMatch82

Ainsworth and his wholehearted triers !!! on 10:05 - Jun 28 by Juzzie

Is that all manager's get nowadays before the "he has to go" twitterati gain full flow?

You know as well as i do that the answer is one single loss at any point in the season, and/or a draw where we didn't have at least 20 shots.
Ainsworth and his wholehearted triers !!! on 15:28 - Jun 28 with 1656 viewsterryb

Ainsworth and his wholehearted triers !!! on 14:52 - Jun 28 by daveB

I think it will be like Holloways second spell, good some weeks, dreadful others but always with a team trying their best. Wouldn't expect much higher than 16th

I can't remember them "always" trying their best Dave.

Away to Norwich, Brentford & Millwall definitely come to mind!
Ainsworth and his wholehearted triers !!! on 15:30 - Jun 28 with 1650 viewsdaveB

Ainsworth and his wholehearted triers !!! on 15:28 - Jun 28 by terryb

I can't remember them "always" trying their best Dave.

Away to Norwich, Brentford & Millwall definitely come to mind!

you always get the odd game where they throw the towel in too early
Ainsworth and his wholehearted triers !!! on 15:50 - Jun 28 with 1582 viewsdavman

Ainsworth and his wholehearted triers !!! on 14:52 - Jun 28 by daveB

Would bite my arm off for that right now. 16th would be a MASSIVE success IMHO.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Ainsworth and his wholehearted triers !!! on 16:15 - Jun 28 with 1520 viewsDejR_vu

id have ball back

I don't think GA's job is under threat this season, regardless. Even these owners must realise what they've handed him. If it's not working, who are they going to bring in with our budgetary constraints? Also, if we go down, I suspect they see GA as someone who has a decent chance of bouncing us straight back.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2023 16:20]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Ainsworth and his wholehearted triers !!! on 18:45 - Jun 28 with 1316 viewsnix

Ainsworth and his wholehearted triers !!! on 08:58 - Jun 28 by TheChef

I think it's becoming clear. What most football fans want is whatever the club is not currently doing. Unless they have won the league or gained promotion and then they are thrilled 'to have been proved wrong' (and other cliches).
Ainsworth and his wholehearted triers !!! on 18:57 - Jun 28 with 1271 viewsDorse

Ainsworth and his wholehearted triers !!! on 18:45 - Jun 28 by nix

I think it's becoming clear. What most football fans want is whatever the club is not currently doing. Unless they have won the league or gained promotion and then they are thrilled 'to have been proved wrong' (and other cliches).

For the record, my demands are very reasonable: a stand at our brand new multi-billion pound mega stadium to be named after Dom Ball and no more Carlsberg.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Ainsworth and his wholehearted triers !!! on 19:11 - Jun 28 with 1241 viewsjoe90

Ainsworth and his wholehearted triers !!! on 18:45 - Jun 28 by nix

The same is true of fans who express the opposite opinion, they also reel out cliches such as 'he works hard' or 'he'll play for the shirt' etc...

Football discourse is so polarised, it's often not even a proper 'discourse', just point proving. Fans of the same teams get subdivided into different camps. It's like you're not allowed to be wrong or change your mind.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024