Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tour de France thread 19:42 - Jul 2 with 1802 viewsonehunglow

Bluddy great innit
Greatest sporting spectacle for all …for me.
I can go back to 1962 and seeing a stage in Amiens when we were coming back from holidays .
What I remember is the blood

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Tour de France thread on 20:19 - Jul 2 with 1793 viewsbritferry

First stage, Yates twins 1 & 2... superb stuff

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Tour de France thread on 22:46 - Jul 2 with 1737 viewsEagleEye

Another good battle on stage 2. Good to see the GC battle kicking off early. Yates boys looking good but can’t see them beating Pogacar or Vingegaard over 21 stages.

Big day for Cav on stage 3 to set the win record - his current form is not good but you just can’t write him off if he gets a decent lead out.

Hopefully Pidcock can continue his improvement & get a stage win
Tour de France thread on 22:57 - Jul 2 with 1731 viewsonehunglow

Tour de France thread on 22:46 - Jul 2 by EagleEye

Another good battle on stage 2. Good to see the GC battle kicking off early. Yates boys looking good but can’t see them beating Pogacar or Vingegaard over 21 stages.

Big day for Cav on stage 3 to set the win record - his current form is not good but you just can’t write him off if he gets a decent lead out.

Hopefully Pidcock can continue his improvement & get a stage win

I love Cav but think he s shot now
Age catches all eventually
He s been quality

Tour de France thread on 09:26 - Jul 3 with 1687 viewscontroversial_jack

Tour de France thread on 22:57 - Jul 2 by onehunglow

I love Cav but think he s shot now
Age catches all eventually
He s been quality

They are superb athlete's no doubt, but i would rather watch the tide come in or traffic lights change
Tour de France thread on 13:32 - Jul 3 with 1654 viewsWhiterockin

Tour de France thread on 09:26 - Jul 3 by controversial_jack

They are superb athlete's no doubt, but i would rather watch the tide come in or traffic lights change

In my honest opinion they are the fittest athletes on the planet. I love the tour so many races and individual battles throughout the race.
Tour de France thread on 13:52 - Jul 3 with 1641 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Tour de France thread on 13:32 - Jul 3 by Whiterockin

In my honest opinion they are the fittest athletes on the planet. I love the tour so many races and individual battles throughout the race.

It’s also one of the most historically corrupt sports with the biggest load of dopers and cheaters. It’s hard to know which ones are legit.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Tour de France thread on 14:25 - Jul 3 with 1631 viewsonehunglow

Tour de France thread on 13:52 - Jul 3 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

It’s also one of the most historically corrupt sports with the biggest load of dopers and cheaters. It’s hard to know which ones are legit.

It’s also the sport most tested.
Yep,there has always been cheats and those who bend the rules but the fact remains,doping or not,no sport event is harder physically and mentally.
If your ever in southern France,drive up Ventoux.

Tour de France thread on 16:39 - Jul 3 with 1614 viewsEagleEye

Tour de France thread on 09:26 - Jul 3 by controversial_jack

Superb athletes they most definitely are. You sound like a Stoke or QPR fan talking about the way the Swans play Martinball, they just didnt get it either 😀
[Post edited 3 Jul 2023 16:52]
Login to get fewer ads

Tour de France thread on 15:10 - Jul 8 with 1478 viewsbritferry

Gutted for Cav... finished 2nd yesterday despite having no help from his team, then crashes out today in a very innocuous incident

At least they will mention him in the same sentence as Eddy Merckx having won 34 stages

Tour de France thread on 15:59 - Jul 8 with 1470 viewsDr_Winston

Tour de France thread on 16:39 - Jul 3 by EagleEye

Superb athletes they most definitely are. You sound like a Stoke or QPR fan talking about the way the Swans play Martinball, they just didnt get it either 😀
[Post edited 3 Jul 2023 16:52]

Swansea fans used to talk about Martinball the same way that Stoke and QPR fans did, and for very good reason. It was mostly f*cking tedious.

Road cycling isn't my cup of tea (prefer watching track) but you can't deny the physical demands of it, even with lots of juicing. Basically everyone else during Lance Armstrong's period was at it as well, so the moral outrage rings hollow to me.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Tour de France thread on 16:38 - Jul 8 with 1450 viewsbritferry

Tour de France thread on 15:59 - Jul 8 by Dr_Winston

Swansea fans used to talk about Martinball the same way that Stoke and QPR fans did, and for very good reason. It was mostly f*cking tedious.

Road cycling isn't my cup of tea (prefer watching track) but you can't deny the physical demands of it, even with lots of juicing. Basically everyone else during Lance Armstrong's period was at it as well, so the moral outrage rings hollow to me.

LA took people to court for telling the truth and tried to ruin journalists careers when they questioned him

Tour de France thread on 16:50 - Jul 8 with 1447 viewsonehunglow

Tour de France thread on 15:59 - Jul 8 by Dr_Winston

It has always been the case ,sunstone, that TdF has seen riders use whatever they can to enhance performance
It was thus st the beginning
It requires human effort unmatched in any sport so anythongbthSt helps, anything that relieves the pain is welcomed
Add to that the likes of GOAT Anquetil and his change of "damaged" bike and it shows no chance to win is spurned
Anquetil was rather controversial but the first to win five times

Tour de France thread on 12:33 - Jul 9 with 1414 viewsWhiterockin

Cav to be offered 2024 place if he wants it.

Mark Cavendish: Tour de France record possible with team to offer place in 2024 race - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/66147017
[Post edited 9 Jul 2023 12:33]
Tour de France thread on 13:39 - Jul 9 with 1387 viewsmax936

"Greatest sporting spectacle for all …for me."

I thought you thought that was the TT mun make your mind up you can't have two Greatest sporting spectacles mind!

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Tour de France thread on 14:41 - Jul 9 with 1359 viewsonehunglow

Tour de France thread on 13:39 - Jul 9 by max936

"Greatest sporting spectacle for all …for me."

I thought you thought that was the TT mun make your mind up you can't have two Greatest sporting spectacles mind!

Now now.

Tour de France thread on 13:01 - Oct 4 with 969 viewsWhiterockin

Tour de France thread on 12:33 - Jul 9 by Whiterockin

Cav to be offered 2024 place if he wants it.

Mark Cavendish: Tour de France record possible with team to offer place in 2024 race - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/66147017
[Post edited 9 Jul 2023 12:33]

Accepted and goes again.

Mark Cavendish delays retirement for 'one more year' to race in Tour de France - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/66786721
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024