Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 20MPH punishments 08:34 - Aug 3 with 113297 viewsSullutaCreturned

Well the punishment for breaking the limit,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/police-confirm-how-punish-drivers-

Given how many idiots are on the roads, the delivery drivers under pressure and the actual difficutly in staying below 20 (it is difficult, I do it every week when I go to Cardiff and it's harder than you'd think, specially going downhill) there will be a lot of speeding going on.

The Senedd expect the fire brigade to become a road safety unit, how stupid is that? The fire brigade have their job and it's hard enough for them to do that the way the Senedd behaves.

Then there's the pollution problem, all those cars tootling around in second gear will fill the streets with pollution, it'll rise and rise and the few accidents stopped by this madness will be replaced tenfold and more in the years to come by serious health issues, those with asthma can look out, better buy your respirators now.

I wonder if cancers will also increase?

By the time we have all gone electric, assuming we all do, thousands of lives will be blighted by illness.
The 20MPH punishments on 10:05 - May 9 with 898 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 18:30 - May 8 by SullutaCreturned

Road casualties were in decline before the 20mph and yes, it doesn't mean we should stop but we should stop punishing EVERYBODY for what a few people do.

Go after those who drive stupidly and do the damage.

One new piece of legislation and technology is all new cars will have speed limiters fitted even those which will need it fitted retrospectively .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The 20MPH punishments on 10:59 - May 9 with 822 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 10:05 - May 9 by Boundy

One new piece of legislation and technology is all new cars will have speed limiters fitted even those which will need it fitted retrospectively .

That would be dangerous. If you were travelling at 70mph and need to accelerate out of trouble you couldn't
The 20MPH punishments on 12:29 - May 9 with 788 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 10:59 - May 9 by controversial_jack

That would be dangerous. If you were travelling at 70mph and need to accelerate out of trouble you couldn't

70 mph is the limit so why not be more attentive to what's going on around you and be proactive rather than reactive, the speed limit is the limit not the target,wouldn't you agree?

The 20MPH punishments on 14:42 - May 9 with 747 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 12:29 - May 9 by Boundy

70 mph is the limit so why not be more attentive to what's going on around you and be proactive rather than reactive, the speed limit is the limit not the target,wouldn't you agree?

Yes. but if it was strictly 70, then drivers would be pushing it right to the limit
The 20MPH punishments on 15:59 - May 9 with 717 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 14:42 - May 9 by controversial_jack

Yes. but if it was strictly 70, then drivers would be pushing it right to the limit

That's why new cars have technology like radar that auto brakes if you get too close.

Another thing I always say, every new car should have front and backwards facing dashcams. In the event of an accident then, the police can access it and any blame can be apportioned , punishment handed out and lessons can be learned.
The 20MPH punishments on 16:31 - May 9 with 698 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 15:59 - May 9 by SullutaCreturned

That's why new cars have technology like radar that auto brakes if you get too close.

Another thing I always say, every new car should have front and backwards facing dashcams. In the event of an accident then, the police can access it and any blame can be apportioned , punishment handed out and lessons can be learned.

In the case of an accident the police can access a cars built in computer which can divulge more information than you would believe.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

The 20MPH punishments on 18:55 - May 9 with 652 viewsGwyn737

Ok.

I’m back home for the first time since this was introduced in a couple of weeks. My usual route is off at junction 47, through Gowerton then down towards north gower.

What differences am I going to see?
The 20MPH punishments on 20:52 - May 9 with 609 viewsFlashberryjack

The 20MPH punishments on 18:55 - May 9 by Gwyn737

Ok.

I’m back home for the first time since this was introduced in a couple of weeks. My usual route is off at junction 47, through Gowerton then down towards north gower.

You won't see a huge difference, unless you get stuck behind a driver that sticks rigidly to the 20mph limit (when he/she is actually doing 15mph).

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

The 20MPH punishments on 20:56 - May 9 with 595 viewsWhiterockin

Speed camara cut down. This follows three of the four cut down on the road between the M4 and Pontadawe.

https://swanseabaynews.com/2024/05/09/video-of-speed-camera-in-swansea-being-cut

The 20MPH punishments on 07:57 - May 10 with 526 viewsSullutaCreturned

This is exacly what I've been talking about,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/number-people-caught-breaking-wale

As long as we have idiots driving so badly, being so unsafe, uncaring, stupid and dangerous (soneone doing 70 in a 20 zone) then simply reducing imits won't save as many lives. As long as people ignore speed limits and drive like arschlöcher then people will still get injured and/or die.

Everybody should be responsible for their own personal safety and parents are resonsible for children, instead of constantly pointing the finger at motorists maybe people should try looking at themselves and their behaviour? Pedestrians, cyclists AND motorists, we all do stupid things so to be safer we ALL need to change our behaviour.

Motorists are an easy target though.
The 20MPH punishments on 08:18 - May 10 with 521 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 20:56 - May 9 by Whiterockin

Speed camara cut down. This follows three of the four cut down on the road between the M4 and Pontadawe.

https://swanseabaynews.com/2024/05/09/video-of-speed-camera-in-swansea-being-cut

My mate ,and others were caught out by this one 2 weeks ago.The speed limit between the two cameras one located just by the King's Head and the one lower towards the traffic lights was set at 30mph,the council without notification changed it recently to 20mph .Go safe then sent out final warning letters to those who were recorded at the old limit.
This is happening in a lot of places and maybe this could be the start of the 21st Century Rebecca Riots where toll gates were destroyed.

The 20MPH punishments on 11:28 - May 10 with 493 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 16:31 - May 9 by Whiterockin

In the case of an accident the police can access a cars built in computer which can divulge more information than you would believe.

Yes but a dashcam will show them what is happening in front and behind, what ther cars are doing.
The 20MPH punishments on 11:29 - May 10 with 490 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 10:59 - May 9 by controversial_jack

S the supporter f 20mph is advocating breaking the speed limit.

We see you, we know.
The 20MPH punishments on 12:29 - May 10 with 465 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 11:29 - May 10 by SullutaCreturned

We see you, we know.

Yes I did notice ,strange that some one who believes that lowering the speed limit then admits that by exceeding the speed limit is ok .I'd have thought anticipation , observation and awareness would help you foresee any problems especially maintaining a safe distance which is there for exactly that reason.

The 20MPH punishments on 13:08 - May 10 with 443 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 11:29 - May 10 by SullutaCreturned

We see you, we know.

Nope, I would drive at 65. Come back from that one then?
The 20MPH punishments on 16:09 - May 10 with 409 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 13:08 - May 10 by controversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 16:34 - May 10 with 400 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 13:08 - May 10 by controversial_jack

You little fibber.

The 20MPH punishments on 17:29 - May 10 with 375 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 18:55 - May 9 by Gwyn737

Ok.

Very little.

It might take you a couple of minutes longer, hope you don’t see too many pedestrians keeling over from increased exhaust fumes ( not).
The 20MPH punishments on 17:42 - May 10 with 367 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 17:29 - May 10 by lifelong

Very little.

It might take you a couple of minutes longer, hope you don’t see too many pedestrians keeling over from increased exhaust fumes ( not).

No comment to make about this?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/number-people-caught-breaking-wale
The 20MPH punishments on 18:04 - May 10 with 357 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 17:42 - May 10 by SullutaCreturned

No comment to make about this?

just seen it, I don’t go scanning the media in an attempt to find negativity about Wales, unlike some others on here.
Let’s hope they all had 3 points and a £200 fine, eh?

What about the criminals causing criminal damage to speed cameras and average speed cameras, any comment to make about them?
The 20MPH punishments on 18:20 - May 10 with 348 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 18:04 - May 10 by lifelong

just seen it, I don’t go scanning the media in an attempt to find negativity about Wales, unlike some others on here.

What about the criminals causing criminal damage to speed cameras and average speed cameras, any comment to make about them?

Yes, if caught and found guilty they should face the appropriate punishment. Though I thought you didnt scan the news for negativity, that's only when it a story that suits you I guess.

Did you think I'd agree with criminality? Seeing as it's been me that's said we need more cameras and more police to catch the criminal motorists who continue to kill and injure the innocent.

Maybe you should try again? Maybe you don'tlike it that what I've been saying could be true, that simply lowering a speed limit won't matter to the idiots who always break speed limits.
The 20MPH punishments on 08:33 - May 16 with 213 viewsfelixstowe_jack

I see the Senedd presiding officer has decided to curb free speech in the Senedd. She has decided Senedd member must not use the word " blanket" in reference to the Senedd decision to impose a blanket default 20mph speed limit on road that's previously had blanket default 30mph speed limit.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The 20MPH punishments on 10:14 - May 16 with 151 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 08:33 - May 16 by felixstowe_jack

I see the Senedd presiding officer has decided to curb free speech in the Senedd. She has decided Senedd member must not use the word " blanket" in reference to the Senedd decision to impose a blanket default 20mph speed limit on road that's previously had blanket default 30mph speed limit.

Could they use the word sheet or duvet cover instead?
The 20MPH punishments on 10:32 - May 16 with 142 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 10:14 - May 16 by controversial_jack

Could they use the word sheet or duvet cover instead?

Don't give up your day job

The 20MPH punishments on 10:47 - May 16 with 138 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 18:04 - May 10 by lifelong

You seem obsessed with defending Wales in any way.
This is. Serious subject you raise and it deserves responses of quality. By and large we are getting it.
Wales is not perfect and pointing this out is not heresy.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024