Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 20MPH punishments 08:34 - Aug 3 with 97561 viewsSullutaCreturned

Well the punishment for breaking the limit,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/police-confirm-how-punish-drivers-

Given how many idiots are on the roads, the delivery drivers under pressure and the actual difficutly in staying below 20 (it is difficult, I do it every week when I go to Cardiff and it's harder than you'd think, specially going downhill) there will be a lot of speeding going on.

The Senedd expect the fire brigade to become a road safety unit, how stupid is that? The fire brigade have their job and it's hard enough for them to do that the way the Senedd behaves.

Then there's the pollution problem, all those cars tootling around in second gear will fill the streets with pollution, it'll rise and rise and the few accidents stopped by this madness will be replaced tenfold and more in the years to come by serious health issues, those with asthma can look out, better buy your respirators now.

I wonder if cancers will also increase?

By the time we have all gone electric, assuming we all do, thousands of lives will be blighted by illness.
The 20MPH punishments on 11:16 - Dec 29 with 940 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 11:00 - Dec 29 by controversial_jack

i'm not sure what educating means, surely a speed limit is not exactly rocket science?

If you don't understand then obviously you'd be the first that needs educating

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The 20MPH punishments on 11:33 - Dec 29 with 935 viewsAnotherJohn

i'm not sure what educating means, surely a speed limit is not exactly rocket science?

I think Drakers meant he should have given Lifelong a job and a website.
The 20MPH punishments on 12:04 - Dec 29 with 914 viewsSullutaCreturned

it seems to be rocket science for quite a few people. I was driving along the 20 stretch of Cwmavon road today, doing 20. A red Fiesta overtook me and sped away clearly doing a fair bit more than 20.

On that same road on boxing day a kid on a motorbike died.

I'mnot sure anybody needs educating about speed limits but too many certainly need educating about how to drive. Overtaking in an unsafe manner in the rain and gloomis dangerous and these are the drivers causing the accidents NOT a 30mph limit.
The 20MPH punishments on 12:12 - Dec 29 with 903 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 11:16 - Dec 29 by Boundy

If you don't understand then obviously you'd be the first that needs educating

A sign showing max speed limit of 20mph, drive under that.Even you could get that
The 20MPH punishments on 11:26 - Dec 30 with 830 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 12:04 - Dec 29 by SullutaCreturned

it seems to be rocket science for quite a few people. I was driving along the 20 stretch of Cwmavon road today, doing 20. A red Fiesta overtook me and sped away clearly doing a fair bit more than 20.

On that same road on boxing day a kid on a motorbike died.

I'mnot sure anybody needs educating about speed limits but too many certainly need educating about how to drive. Overtaking in an unsafe manner in the rain and gloomis dangerous and these are the drivers causing the accidents NOT a 30mph limit.

What was a kid doing on a motorbike. Time parents took responsibility for their children and taught them right from wrong.

It is tragic so many young people are being killed on our roads.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The 20MPH punishments on 12:33 - Dec 30 with 810 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 11:26 - Dec 30 by felixstowe_jack

What was a kid doing on a motorbike. Time parents took responsibility for their children and taught them right from wrong.

It is tragic so many young people are being killed on our roads.

So, it's the victims fault?
The 20MPH punishments on 13:52 - Dec 30 with 793 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 12:33 - Dec 30 by controversial_jack

Who's the victim here. ?

The 20MPH punishments on 18:19 - Dec 30 with 764 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 13:52 - Dec 30 by Boundy

Who's the victim here. ?

Those who are killed or injured
Login to get fewer ads

The 20MPH punishments on 20:41 - Dec 30 with 746 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 18:19 - Dec 30 by controversial_jack

What about all parties,someone lost their life and that would affect everyone concerned, injured or not.

The 20MPH punishments on 21:09 - Dec 30 with 730 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 20:41 - Dec 30 by Boundy

What about all parties,someone lost their life and that would affect everyone concerned, injured or not.

Of course!
The 20MPH punishments on 21:11 - Dec 30 with 731 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 18:19 - Dec 30 by controversial_jack

Yes ,it’s the victims fault .
It’s also the fault of parents who can’t either control their kids or imbue into them some sense of self care .
There again, you have a weird idea of what is fault,looking at the latest outrages in Kyiv .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The 20MPH punishments on 21:25 - Dec 30 with 725 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 21:11 - Dec 30 by onehunglow

Yes ,it’s the victims fault .
It’s also the fault of parents who can’t either control their kids or imbue into them some sense of self care .
There again, you have a weird idea of what is fault,looking at the latest outrages in Kyiv .

Whataboutery!
The 20MPH punishments on 22:06 - Dec 30 with 719 viewsDr_Winston

When it comes to road accidents, it is indeed quite often the victims fault.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The 20MPH punishments on 22:23 - Dec 30 with 708 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 12:33 - Dec 30 by controversial_jack

lets see now, a 15 year old boy on a publci highway who had no licence, no tax, no insuranca and had most probably not had any lessons fromanybody qualified to teach....yes, he caused his own demise. helped along by whoever bought him the motorbike and allowed him to ride it illegally on a public highway.

Same as those two boys in Cardiff. Same as anybody who illegally drives vehicles, whatever happens to them is largely their own fault. I say largely because when idiots who have tax, insurance and a licence drive illegally it makes the likelihood of somebody dying increase.
The 20MPH punishments on 22:51 - Dec 30 with 700 viewsunion_jack

If Drakeford actually meant it should have been better publicised rather than people educated then I’d agree with him (probably a first).

Wales is a laughing stock and the butt of many a joke because people think all roads in Wales are 20 mph. This clearly isn’t the case and many roads are still 30 mph.

I don’t agree with it anyway though like many I believe there are places where 20 is plenty but not to the extent it’s been implemented.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The 20MPH punishments on 23:19 - Dec 30 with 690 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 22:23 - Dec 30 by SullutaCreturned

lets see now, a 15 year old boy on a publci highway who had no licence, no tax, no insuranca and had most probably not had any lessons fromanybody qualified to teach....yes, he caused his own demise. helped along by whoever bought him the motorbike and allowed him to ride it illegally on a public highway.

Same as those two boys in Cardiff. Same as anybody who illegally drives vehicles, whatever happens to them is largely their own fault. I say largely because when idiots who have tax, insurance and a licence drive illegally it makes the likelihood of somebody dying increase.

and when I say all are victims , I include the driver of the car, the families involved , the emergency services & bystanders who try to help , an accident has a nasty habit of creating a ripple effect affecting more than first thought.

The 20MPH punishments on 11:12 - Dec 31 with 649 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 22:51 - Dec 30 by union_jack

If Drakeford actually meant it should have been better publicised rather than people educated then I’d agree with him (probably a first).

Wales is a laughing stock and the butt of many a joke because people think all roads in Wales are 20 mph. This clearly isn’t the case and many roads are still 30 mph.

I don’t agree with it anyway though like many I believe there are places where 20 is plenty but not to the extent it’s been implemented.

It's nothing new. Most of London except for the main roads are 20mph. I don't know why so may are getting upset about having to drive a few mph slower to save live and yo help the NHS. They must be entitled selfish ppl
The 20MPH punishments on 11:35 - Dec 31 with 630 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 11:12 - Dec 31 by controversial_jack

It's nothing new. Most of London except for the main roads are 20mph. I don't know why so may are getting upset about having to drive a few mph slower to save live and yo help the NHS. They must be entitled selfish ppl

Oh you must try harder contro.

PS, try driving anywhere in London at more thn 20, even on the North circular, you often have to drudge along in first gear because it's so busy.
The 20MPH punishments on 11:36 - Dec 31 with 626 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 11:35 - Dec 31 by SullutaCreturned

PS, try driving anywhere in London at more thn 20, even on the North circular, you often have to drudge along in first gear because it's so busy.

Yes, I know!
The 20MPH punishments on 12:17 - Dec 31 with 610 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 11:35 - Dec 31 by SullutaCreturned

Why don't you try driving on the North Circular before commenting. You can easily go at 60mph on the main section from the Blackwall tunnels to the A10 junction.

All main dual carriageways into London have 50mph limits not the silly 30 mph that Swansea has on the Jersey Marine

The 20MPH punishments on 12:19 - Dec 31 with 605 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 11:12 - Dec 31 by controversial_jack

I don't think you can compare the city of London and a country road in Dyfed. Nobody is saying there is no place for 20 mph limits, but a default limit is ridiculous. I am glad that Vaughan Gething has said that if he becomes First Minister he will conduct a review in response to the petition, that is more than Drakeford would do.
The 20MPH punishments on 12:33 - Dec 31 with 601 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 12:19 - Dec 31 by Whiterockin

I don't think you can compare the city of London and a country road in Dyfed. Nobody is saying there is no place for 20 mph limits, but a default limit is ridiculous. I am glad that Vaughan Gething has said that if he becomes First Minister he will conduct a review in response to the petition, that is more than Drakeford would do.

As long as it is a proper review and not just pre-election hot air.

The 20MPH punishments on 14:12 - Dec 31 with 583 viewsmajorraglan

The 20MPH punishments on 12:33 - Dec 31 by felixstowe_jack

As long as it is a proper review and not just pre-election hot air.

Spot on, 100 agree with you.
The 20MPH punishments on 14:22 - Dec 31 with 578 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 12:17 - Dec 31 by felixstowe_jack

Why don't you try driving on the North Circular before commenting. You can easily go at 60mph on the main section from the Blackwall tunnels to the A10 junction.

All main dual carriageways into London have 50mph limits not the silly 30 mph that Swansea has on the Jersey Marine

I have driven on the North circular, no need to get snarky and make a bad assumption. One time I queued for ages and at one point didn't go more than a few feet in half an hour in the Blackwall tunnel. There was an accident though.
I have drive in London many times and it's never been a great experience. The last time was at QPR last season, getting there was ok, fairly easy but leaving London after the game was really hard work.
The 20MPH punishments on 14:42 - Dec 31 with 572 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 12:19 - Dec 31 by Whiterockin

Gethin will say anything ,there's an election soon and the sheep will believe him , the lies the promises they'll say anything to appease the masses. He was a very strong supporter of its implementation so why other the fear of losing power would he say any thing different

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024