Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has he been sacked yet? 12:08 - Sep 17 with 8150 viewsSgorioFruit

Lucky we got the famous double double over the last two seasons or I’d be spewing now.

Anyway, back to the main question, has he been sacked yet?
[Post edited 17 Sep 2023 12:08]

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Has he been sacked yet? on 08:18 - Sep 24 with 1604 viewsHeadmaster

Has he been sacked yet? on 12:18 - Sep 23 by builthjack

It will be around about 9th/10th October.
I don’t say which year.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2023 13:32]

Hopefully sooner.
Has he been sacked yet? on 08:58 - Sep 24 with 1565 viewsARQS

Has he been sacked yet? on 08:18 - Sep 24 by Headmaster

Hopefully sooner.

Well I hope we go on a decent run now and in a months time everyone has started to change their mind on him.

I’m guessing your version is that presumably we go on a bad run and sack a manager after a dozen games or so…
Has he been sacked yet? on 09:13 - Sep 24 with 1543 viewsWhiterockin

Has he been sacked yet? on 08:58 - Sep 24 by ARQS

Well I hope we go on a decent run now and in a months time everyone has started to change their mind on him.

I’m guessing your version is that presumably we go on a bad run and sack a manager after a dozen games or so…

I'll be first to hold my hand up if he turns it around. Hopefully he will, but prior to yesterday there were no real signs he would. Yesterday was difficult to judge as Sheffield were so bad. It could go either way, hopefully for us the right way.
Has he been sacked yet? on 09:17 - Sep 24 with 1534 viewsjack247

Has he been sacked yet? on 09:13 - Sep 24 by Whiterockin

I'll be first to hold my hand up if he turns it around. Hopefully he will, but prior to yesterday there were no real signs he would. Yesterday was difficult to judge as Sheffield were so bad. It could go either way, hopefully for us the right way.

I’ll be the second.

Far better outcome than sacking and starting from scratch. I don’t see it happening. The game was fairly even until Yates’ goal yesterday. I did think we were the better team, but not a lot in it.

Then they imploded and it could have been more. That won’t happen often.
Has he been sacked yet? on 10:23 - Sep 24 with 1478 viewsHeadmaster

Has he been sacked yet? on 08:58 - Sep 24 by ARQS

I want him out of my football club. I won’t change my mind based on 1 win ffs. And no, that doesn’t mean I want us to keep playing like shite because that’s why I want him out in the first place. It’s not hard.
Has he been sacked yet? on 17:15 - Sep 24 with 1379 viewsunion_jack

Has he been sacked yet? on 17:49 - Sep 23 by RhonddaSwans

We should of beat QPR.
We are not the worst team in this league.
Wait till Ramsey snaps that hamstring.
Bottom 3
Rotherham/QPR
Cardiff
Sheffield Wednesday

Want to start thinking a bit more if this prediction of yours? Not looking likely to date. Sunderland on a roll, at home but beaten.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Has he been sacked yet? on 17:20 - Sep 24 with 1365 viewsraynor94

Has he been sacked yet? on 17:49 - Sep 23 by RhonddaSwans

We should of beat QPR.
We are not the worst team in this league.
Wait till Ramsey snaps that hamstring.
Bottom 3
Rotherham/QPR
Cardiff
Sheffield Wednesday

Some hope of Cardiff being in the bottom 3 they have finally found an excellent manager.

They can sign players in the next window, and as much as it hurts to say I can see them being in the play off mix this season

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Has he been sacked yet? on 17:26 - Sep 24 with 1344 viewsunion_jack

Has he been sacked yet? on 17:20 - Sep 24 by raynor94

Some hope of Cardiff being in the bottom 3 they have finally found an excellent manager.

They can sign players in the next window, and as much as it hurts to say I can see them being in the play off mix this season

I think so. Today’s win was without Ramsey. However, they do have it in their DNA to get overconfident and go on a losing streak so we can hope.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Login to get fewer ads

Has he been sacked yet? on 19:47 - Sep 24 with 1250 viewsARQS

Has he been sacked yet? on 10:23 - Sep 24 by Headmaster

I want him out of my football club. I won’t change my mind based on 1 win ffs. And no, that doesn’t mean I want us to keep playing like shite because that’s why I want him out in the first place. It’s not hard.

You said hopefully he’d be sacked soon. The only way that’s going to happen is that we go on a bad run of games, sack him at (presumably) a large expense and then be back to square one in terms of finding a new manager. Surely nobody wants that?

Aside from a few halves here and there we have been really crap this season but there were definitely signs of improvement yesterday, albeit that Sheffield Wednesday were awful.

You may very well be right about Duff but 8 games isn’t enough to truly judge what he’s about and certainly isn’t enough time to judge how he ideally wants to play football. That said, I don’t think the ‘hoofball’ label is a fair one to aim at him because he hasn’t really set us up that way in any of the matches.

If he isn’t allowed a bit of slack after a comfortable 3-0 win then he’s onto a hiding to nothing really isn’t he?
Has he been sacked yet? on 19:52 - Sep 24 with 1245 viewsARQS

Has he been sacked yet? on 09:17 - Sep 24 by jack247

I’ll be the second.

Far better outcome than sacking and starting from scratch. I don’t see it happening. The game was fairly even until Yates’ goal yesterday. I did think we were the better team, but not a lot in it.

Then they imploded and it could have been more. That won’t happen often.

Ultimately we are in the realms of “it’s been crap but yesterday could be a springboard” and “he’s started slowly everywhere else but nows the point it started improving”.

However whilst these remain possibilities we may as well give him the benefit of the doubt. I suspect we’ll have an answer one way or another within the next few weeks.

I’m very much prepared to forget the first 7 games and see what he’s made of from now on in. He’s had a few weeks with the new players, he’s had his first win and he’s had his first clean sheet. Let’s see if he can kick on.
Has he been sacked yet? on 19:55 - Sep 24 with 1242 viewsARQS

It is also worth pointing out that however bad Wednesday were/are, yesterday was their biggest defeat of the season.
Has he been sacked yet? on 20:38 - Sep 24 with 1221 viewsswan_si

Has he been sacked yet? on 19:47 - Sep 24 by ARQS

You said hopefully he’d be sacked soon. The only way that’s going to happen is that we go on a bad run of games, sack him at (presumably) a large expense and then be back to square one in terms of finding a new manager. Surely nobody wants that?

Aside from a few halves here and there we have been really crap this season but there were definitely signs of improvement yesterday, albeit that Sheffield Wednesday were awful.

You may very well be right about Duff but 8 games isn’t enough to truly judge what he’s about and certainly isn’t enough time to judge how he ideally wants to play football. That said, I don’t think the ‘hoofball’ label is a fair one to aim at him because he hasn’t really set us up that way in any of the matches.

If he isn’t allowed a bit of slack after a comfortable 3-0 win then he’s onto a hiding to nothing really isn’t he?

The general feeling at the start of the season was to give it 10 games, it seems some can't wait. After the cardiff game the general feeling was we need to get 4 points from the next 2 games, it seems 4 wasn't enough.🙄
Has he been sacked yet? on 21:00 - Sep 24 with 1199 viewsjack247

Has he been sacked yet? on 20:38 - Sep 24 by swan_si

The general feeling at the start of the season was to give it 10 games, it seems some can't wait. After the cardiff game the general feeling was we need to get 4 points from the next 2 games, it seems 4 wasn't enough.🙄

To be fair, I don’t think anyone saying give it 10 games expected us to be on 2 points after 6.
Has he been sacked yet? on 22:37 - Sep 24 with 1131 viewsARQS

Has he been sacked yet? on 21:00 - Sep 24 by jack247

To be fair, I don’t think anyone saying give it 10 games expected us to be on 2 points after 6.

Agreed. But let’s say we’d given the job to someone like Leon/Angel who the fans would have given a lot of leeway to. Everyone would be talking about the turnover of coaches, a new chairman, new sporting director, losing Manning, losing Piroe etc.

Then they’d be saying we were 5 mins away from 3 points at QPR and have just smashed Sheffield Wednesday.
(No subject) (n/t) on 23:12 - Sep 24 with 1109 viewsswan_si

Has he been sacked yet? on 23:14 - Sep 24 with 1101 viewsswan_si

But we are now 6 after 8. If people say they are going to give it 10 games, then surely he has to to be given 10 games, otherwise why say it? It's no secret that he had a slow start at Cheltenham and Barnsley but turned it around at both clubs.
Has he been sacked yet? on 12:52 - Oct 8 with 854 viewsSgorioFruit

this thread died a death

Has he been sacked yet? on 13:05 - Oct 8 with 826 viewsonehunglow

Has he been sacked yet? on 12:52 - Oct 8 by SgorioFruit

this thread died a death

Why bring this up.we are where we @re

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Has he been sacked yet? on 14:33 - Oct 8 with 760 viewsSgorioFruit

Has he been sacked yet? on 13:05 - Oct 8 by onehunglow

Why bring this up.we are where we @re

Nostalgia

Has he been sacked yet? on 15:18 - Oct 8 with 707 viewsKeithHaynes

Has he been sacked yet? on 14:33 - Oct 8 by SgorioFruit

Nostalgia

I’m pretty certain the thread will return.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Has he been sacked yet? on 15:44 - Oct 8 with 675 viewsbennytheblue

Has he been sacked yet? on 12:52 - Oct 8 by SgorioFruit

this thread died a death

I remember your poll in should he stay or go when you were all freaking out, I was the first person to vote give him time, that said quite a few joined me afterwards but my synopsis is I wouldn’t want to be in the trenches with any of you……your welcome. In duFfy we trUst
Has he been sacked yet? on 16:15 - Oct 8 with 638 viewsKeithHaynes

Has he been sacked yet? on 15:44 - Oct 8 by bennytheblue

I remember your poll in should he stay or go when you were all freaking out, I was the first person to vote give him time, that said quite a few joined me afterwards but my synopsis is I wouldn’t want to be in the trenches with any of you……your welcome. In duFfy we trUst

All ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Has he been sacked yet? on 16:30 - Oct 8 with 604 viewsswan_si

Has he been sacked yet? on 16:15 - Oct 8 by KeithHaynes

All ?

Most of some of us.😉
Has he been sacked yet? on 17:05 - Oct 8 with 578 viewsbennytheblue

Has he been sacked yet? on 16:15 - Oct 8 by KeithHaynes

All ?

Not all of course….but they was some serious melodrama playing out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024