Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why do Swansea City’s majority owners fail time and time again ? 11:55 - Sep 24 with 2481 viewsSwansIndependent

Why do Swansea City’s majority owners fail time and time again ? 24th Sep 2023 11:51
No matter which way you look at it there is now a clear pattern forming which has resulted in Swansea City missing out on success and club development - and that’s been highlighted since relegation from the Premier League. 2

Sunday afternoon chin wag, click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Why do Swansea City’s majority owners fail time and time again ? on 12:01 - Sep 24 with 2462 viewsonehunglow

A most depressing read but probably as accurate as it gets
It is all about to whom buys our club.
It was sold to the wrong people and all about to whom they would sell.

We are so wanting of some real drive from ownership.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Why do Swansea City’s majority owners fail time and time again ? on 12:05 - Sep 24 with 2446 viewsKeithHaynes

Why do Swansea City’s majority owners fail time and time again ? on 12:01 - Sep 24 by onehunglow

A most depressing read but probably as accurate as it gets
It is all about to whom buys our club.
It was sold to the wrong people and all about to whom they would sell.

We are so wanting of some real drive from ownership.

It could be a positive if past errors are worked on positively.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Why do Swansea City’s majority owners fail time and time again ? on 12:08 - Sep 24 with 2436 viewsJJJack

I've no idea why anyone would expect them to succeed. Absent owners with a track record of absolute failure on the pitch. I've pretty much stopped going long ago. If I do it's to see my dad and friends etc. I've watched a couple of games on the firestick this year and that's it. 7 years of these leeches in charge has tested my enthusiasm greatly. £50 in fuel to get to the Lib and back to Bristol plus £30+ for ticket means I can't justify it often in my mind any longer under a regime that will never succeed.
That said, they've made some good appointments but I guess even a clock is correct twice a day...
Why do Swansea City’s majority owners fail time and time again ? on 12:09 - Sep 24 with 2422 viewsKeithHaynes

Why do Swansea City’s majority owners fail time and time again ? on 12:08 - Sep 24 by JJJack

I've no idea why anyone would expect them to succeed. Absent owners with a track record of absolute failure on the pitch. I've pretty much stopped going long ago. If I do it's to see my dad and friends etc. I've watched a couple of games on the firestick this year and that's it. 7 years of these leeches in charge has tested my enthusiasm greatly. £50 in fuel to get to the Lib and back to Bristol plus £30+ for ticket means I can't justify it often in my mind any longer under a regime that will never succeed.
That said, they've made some good appointments but I guess even a clock is correct twice a day...

Every appointment has been a success to a greater or lesser extent.
Unfortunately it’s never worked on.

Why do Swansea City’s majority owners fail time and time again ? on 12:10 - Sep 24 with 2412 viewsonehunglow

Why do Swansea City’s majority owners fail time and time again ? on 12:05 - Sep 24 by KeithHaynes

It could be a positive if past errors are worked on positively.

Could be Keith .

We could debate the aetiology ad finitum

Why do Swansea City’s majority owners fail time and time again ? on 12:15 - Sep 24 with 2401 viewsJJJack

Why do Swansea City’s majority owners fail time and time again ? on 12:09 - Sep 24 by KeithHaynes

Bob Bradley, Carlos? Clement?

Clement did keep us up but was a crap Manager. The other two appointments were not successes. In the Championship, they've been better but only Cooper really worked in my opinion. I go by the old-fashioned "results" criteria. You know, the one where your Manager wins games.....
Why do Swansea City’s majority owners fail time and time again ? on 12:20 - Sep 24 with 2386 viewsKeithHaynes

Why do Swansea City’s majority owners fail time and time again ? on 12:15 - Sep 24 by JJJack

Bob Bradley, Carlos? Clement?

Clement did keep us up but was a crap Manager. The other two appointments were not successes. In the Championship, they've been better but only Cooper really worked in my opinion. I go by the old-fashioned "results" criteria. You know, the one where your Manager wins games.....

The article is about since relegation. If read of course.

Why do Swansea City’s majority owners fail time and time again ? on 12:21 - Sep 24 with 2374 viewsJJJack

Why do Swansea City’s majority owners fail time and time again ? on 12:20 - Sep 24 by KeithHaynes

The article is about since relegation. If read of course.

Fair point :)
Login to get fewer ads

Why do Swansea City’s majority owners fail time and time again ? on 12:22 - Sep 24 with 2364 viewsKeithHaynes

Why do Swansea City’s majority owners fail time and time again ? on 12:21 - Sep 24 by JJJack

Fair point :)

😉

Why do Swansea City’s majority owners fail time and time again ? on 13:18 - Sep 24 with 2273 viewsFatJack

I honestly believe these owners have absolutely no interest in promotion, I think we have had a couple of good chances of promotion with a bit more ambition from the owners we could have done it,
Why do Swansea City’s majority owners fail time and time again ? on 16:50 - Sep 24 with 2089 viewsLuther27

Why do Swansea City’s majority owners fail time and time again ? on 12:09 - Sep 24 by KeithHaynes

The owners dictate we are a selling club to maintain fiscal responsibility. We are quite good at getting a decent profit in for players to make this happen.
I wonder if the days where we could maintain and strengthen the squad to make a genuine push for promotion will ever return. I’m glad I had the chance to see the likes of loyal servants Rangel, Taylor, Briton, Williams, Routledge etc at the club. I have a feeling that today if these guys played for us then they to would be sold.
Why do Swansea City’s majority owners fail time and time again ? on 16:58 - Sep 24 with 2047 viewsonehunglow

Why do Swansea City’s majority owners fail time and time again ? on 13:18 - Sep 24 by FatJack

I honestly believe these owners have absolutely no interest in promotion, I think we have had a couple of good chances of promotion with a bit more ambition from the owners we could have done it,

And why I don’t know.
The PL is worldwide and we were part of the action.
That some don’t seem to miss it says more about our fan base
The way we have become paupers again stinks
Yet ,some try to analyse it to suit their own lack of ambitions and dreams .

We should be Premier League
We deserve it
We should hunger for it
Sadly,these owners want facilitate it

Why do Swansea City’s majority owners fail time and time again ? on 17:04 - Sep 24 with 2038 viewsjack247

Why do Swansea City’s majority owners fail time and time again ? on 16:58 - Sep 24 by onehunglow

And why I don’t know.
The PL is worldwide and we were part of the action.
That some don’t seem to miss it says more about our fan base
The way we have become paupers again stinks
Yet ,some try to analyse it to suit their own lack of ambitions and dreams .

We should be Premier League
We deserve it
We should hunger for it
Sadly,these owners want facilitate it

It’s not a lack of ambition, it’s just realism.

Without owners willing to take a substantial hit, it’s very difficult to achieve.
Why do Swansea City’s majority owners fail time and time again ? on 19:09 - Sep 24 with 1935 viewsmahoss

You’re right.
They’ve just not done quite enough at the right times.
Steve Cooper was the big one in the January window when we were so close…….massive mistake by them that they will regret got a long time, we were in the playoffs……….
Badly advised would be my assumption.
Why do Swansea City’s majority owners fail time and time again ? on 20:02 - Sep 24 with 1883 viewsSullutaCreturned

Why do Swansea City’s majority owners fail time and time again ? on 19:09 - Sep 24 by mahoss

You’re right.
They’ve just not done quite enough at the right times.
Steve Cooper was the big one in the January window when we were so close…….massive mistake by them that they will regret got a long time, we were in the playoffs……….
Badly advised would be my assumption.

For me they are running us badly, when we have been doing well and needed a bit of support to get us across the line they have cashed in their chips and I would say THREE times they have actually cost us a chance of promotion with their controlling antics. They don't seem to have learned from that, every time kaplan and/or Levein have stuck their noses in here they have messed us up.

Financially speaking they have donw quite well most of the time, they've kept us stable but a few times a small, measured gamble ( and considering where we were a the times I mean) and it could easiy have been a spectacular success, if not then they make the financial choices afterwards. I think they've missed a trick and it has cost them millions.

Just one occassion, when Cooper wanted a decent striker. If they had backed him then we may have gone up then because we went close as it was. Instead they forced 2 players on him he didn't want and it's history.

More recently, when Coleman suffered his bereavement, they again got involved and made a mess of it.

All in all, too much head not enough heart.
Why do Swansea City’s majority owners fail time and time again ? on 20:29 - Sep 24 with 1854 viewsKeithHaynes

Why do Swansea City’s majority owners fail time and time again ? on 17:04 - Sep 24 by jack247

It’s not a lack of ambition, it’s just realism.

Without owners willing to take a substantial hit, it’s very difficult to achieve.

Thing is with Cooper they didn’t need to.
They fumbled the ball and alienated him after two play offs.
They know not a lot - and what they do know isn’t about developing where the club gets to time and time again. It’s unforgivable. And pointless them running a football club if they are too blinkered when success is staring them in the face.
And it happens continuously.

Why do Swansea City’s majority owners fail time and time again ? on 23:58 - Sep 24 with 1737 viewsEagleEye

It’s about time this site stood up & said exactly what it thinks of the current ownership, well done sir, it’s been a long time coming. The number of posters who come on here and harp on about the club doing ‘good business’ ie the practice of selling our best players, replacing them with inferior players is sickening and a perfect demonstration of the ‘little old Swansea’ mentality & lack of ambition.
Why do Swansea City’s majority owners fail time and time again ? on 11:13 - Sep 25 with 1604 viewsvetchonian

Why do Swansea City’s majority owners fail time and time again ? on 23:58 - Sep 24 by EagleEye

It’s about time this site stood up & said exactly what it thinks of the current ownership, well done sir, it’s been a long time coming. The number of posters who come on here and harp on about the club doing ‘good business’ ie the practice of selling our best players, replacing them with inferior players is sickening and a perfect demonstration of the ‘little old Swansea’ mentality & lack of ambition.

Do you think the owners will take notice of this forum?
Enough has been said on here since they came in has it made a difference?
the question is how do we change things? Can we? what can we do?
They missed their best chance of us returning to the PL with Cooper, it is the PL that will give them the rewards and then offer them the chance to sell us on .

Unfortunately we are stuck with them until things change unless of course us fans want to club together bung in about £4000 to £5000 pounds each and then make the Yanks an offer?

It is unfortunate that they seem not to be learning from past mistakes but that is the way of our American cousins ....What about Morris what is his involvment given his investment?

Where is Silverstein these days?

I was hopefull Morris may have wrestled control and then put some good football people in charge ....we can but hope

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Why do Swansea City’s majority owners fail time and time again ? on 11:29 - Sep 25 with 1590 viewsKeithHaynes

Why do Swansea City’s majority owners fail time and time again ? on 11:13 - Sep 25 by vetchonian

They missed their best chance of us returning to the PL with Cooper, it is the PL that will give them the rewards and then offer them the chance to sell us on .

Unfortunately we are stuck with them until things change unless of course us fans want to club together bung in about £4000 to £5000 pounds each and then make the Yanks an offer?

It is unfortunate that they seem not to be learning from past mistakes but that is the way of our American cousins ....What about Morris what is his involvment given his investment?

I was hopefull Morris may have wrestled control and then put some good football people in charge ....we can but hope

The owners take notice of both the Swans sites that have as many visitors as they do. This one is the most visited and can deliver seventy five thousand views a day ( last weekend ) and normally an average of 35k a day.

I know for a fact that the site is visited daily by the club and the head of communications prints off stories and places them in the desks of those who are at the club. Russell Martin has regular information from this site handed to him. How do I know this ? Both he and the head of communications told me.

Now, as for taking notice of what’s said that is a completely different thing. Regardless of the trust involvement they will run things as they see fit. However, information release is carefully managed to appease the fan base as illustrated in the summer with transfers. Which tells me they do have an eye on public opinion at times.

Why do Swansea City’s majority owners fail time and time again ? on 11:45 - Sep 25 with 1575 viewsvetchonian

Why do Swansea City’s majority owners fail time and time again ? on 11:29 - Sep 25 by KeithHaynes

The owners take notice of both the Swans sites that have as many visitors as they do. This one is the most visited and can deliver seventy five thousand views a day ( last weekend ) and normally an average of 35k a day.

I know for a fact that the site is visited daily by the club and the head of communications prints off stories and places them in the desks of those who are at the club. Russell Martin has regular information from this site handed to him. How do I know this ? Both he and the head of communications told me.

Now, as for taking notice of what’s said that is a completely different thing. Regardless of the trust involvement they will run things as they see fit. However, information release is carefully managed to appease the fan base as illustrated in the summer with transfers. Which tells me they do have an eye on public opinion at times.

I wondered why it was Russ never sent me a Christmas card

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Why do Swansea City’s majority owners fail time and time again ? on 11:57 - Sep 25 with 1563 viewsKeithHaynes

Why do Swansea City’s majority owners fail time and time again ? on 11:45 - Sep 25 by vetchonian

I wondered why it was Russ never sent me a Christmas card

I’m not sure he cared much about the forum 😉

Why do Swansea City’s majority owners fail time and time again ? on 13:34 - Sep 25 with 1499 viewsonehunglow

Why do Swansea City’s majority owners fail time and time again ? on 11:13 - Sep 25 by vetchonian

This .

Why do Swansea City’s majority owners fail time and time again ? on 13:38 - Sep 25 with 1496 viewsonehunglow

Why do Swansea City’s majority owners fail time and time again ? on 11:57 - Sep 25 by KeithHaynes

I’m not sure he cared much about the forum 😉

I’ve been a bit dubious over unsolicited calls at Scousejack Towers .
I’m on the look out for a dark haired,rather good looking chap with black hair albeit parted on the wrong side ,and a killer smile .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024