Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why is our support so poor? 18:12 - Oct 28 with 7837 viewsPlankton

Ipswich, population 136000 had almost 30000 watching them today.
Huddersfield, similar sized small town surrounded by buffet clubs, regularly get better support.
Why aren't we sold out every home game?
Why is our support so poor? on 18:15 - Oct 28 with 3779 viewsWhiterockin

Ipswich are a county team as are Norwich, we have been through all this with you before.
Why is our support so poor? on 18:20 - Oct 28 with 3755 viewsonehunglow

Why is our support so poor? on 18:15 - Oct 28 by Whiterockin

Ipswich are a county team as are Norwich, we have been through all this with you before.

Yes,that’s was me and Felixstowe.
He has his opinions ,so have I.
Swansea has massive potential that has not been scratched . One of the biggest failures when in PL.
Ipswich a country village in comparison but with huge loyal support.
Huddersfield a place I know well. It spreads out and is about the same size as Swansea but with Leeds 20 mins down motorway ,Bradford with thei4 own loyal fan base and the the Manchester brand names just an hour way, there is more distractions .
Swansea and the west has nothing and not all down west are 4ugby only people .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Why is our support so poor? on 18:29 - Oct 28 with 3736 viewsSullutaCreturned

Why is our support so poor? on 18:20 - Oct 28 by onehunglow

Yes,that’s was me and Felixstowe.
He has his opinions ,so have I.
Swansea has massive potential that has not been scratched . One of the biggest failures when in PL.
Ipswich a country village in comparison but with huge loyal support.
Huddersfield a place I know well. It spreads out and is about the same size as Swansea but with Leeds 20 mins down motorway ,Bradford with thei4 own loyal fan base and the the Manchester brand names just an hour way, there is more distractions .
Swansea and the west has nothing and not all down west are 4ugby only people .

Thing is, anywhere can have a football team but it's not compulsory to support it.

Our support isn't poor, it's worse than some but better than others.

Besides I've been to Ipswich, there's not much else to do
Why is our support so poor? on 18:48 - Oct 28 with 3704 viewsPlankton

Still really poor in comparison to many smaller, similar sized towns and cities including many with lots of other clubs nearby.
Truth is, we have low support.
Remember we played Huddersfield at Wembley? They total outnumbered us.
I was born in Huddersfield. Dad from Swansea, been here 53 years, lifelong Swansea fan)
Huddersfield IS NOT comparable in size to Swansea; it is much smaller.
We have extremely fickle fans, fact.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2023 18:52]
Why is our support so poor? on 18:57 - Oct 28 with 3656 viewsonehunglow

Why is our support so poor? on 18:48 - Oct 28 by Plankton

Still really poor in comparison to many smaller, similar sized towns and cities including many with lots of other clubs nearby.
I was born in Huddersfield. Dad from Swansea, been here 53 years, lifelong Swansea fan)

Well,take into account the surrounding villages around Kirklees.

Why is our support so poor? on 18:58 - Oct 28 with 3663 viewspembsjack

The fireworks and light show from the Watford game will boost attendances hugely
Why is our support so poor? on 19:13 - Oct 28 with 3637 viewsPlankton

Why is our support so poor? on 18:57 - Oct 28 by onehunglow

Well,take into account the surrounding villages around Kirklees.

You could say the same about the surrounding areas of Swansea.
Why is our support so poor? on 19:29 - Oct 28 with 3606 viewsraynor94

The population of Suffolk is 750.000 and Ipswich are the only team, and they are on a fantastic run after promotion.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

Why is our support so poor? on 19:35 - Oct 28 with 3598 viewsSullutaCreturned

And what are the attendances at Huddersfield? Around 17k average aren't they? Where are all those missing thousands eh? Just like Nothampton who took 42k to Wembley against us, where are all those fans at Sixfields?

Or, closer to home, where are the missing thousands from the EPL days or frm the play off final?

As for fickle, Hudders had 20k at hoem to Ipswich but 8,057 at home to Boro, sounds quite fickle to me.
Birmingham is massive but brum get smaller crowds than us. Football fans at most clubs are fickle.
Bournemouth has a population of over 400k yet they get around 11k.

Again, it's not compulsory to support your local football team and very many football fans in Swansea support EPL teams and don't go to our games.
Why is our support so poor? on 19:38 - Oct 28 with 3589 viewsDr_Winston

The Welsh sporting public is always fickle. The national team can go from selling out the Principality to barely pulling 10,000 at Legoland. If it wasn't for the people just turning up for a pissup the Rugby team would be the same.

We've taken anything from 12,000 to 36,000 to Wembley. No doubt if we were going great guns at the top of the table we'd be coming close to sellouts on a regular basis. Same for our six fingered friends further East.

It is what it is.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Why is our support so poor? on 19:54 - Oct 28 with 3557 viewsTreforys_Jack

Why is our support so poor? on 18:58 - Oct 28 by pembsjack

The fireworks and light show from the Watford game will boost attendances hugely

Did that actually happen, I was there about 30mins before Kick Off and apart from hearing about 3 or 4 "bangs" from outside the stadium I didn't notice anything.
Why is our support so poor? on 19:58 - Oct 28 with 3540 viewsFireboy2

Ipswich have such a good support for 1. They are doing well and 2.There is fvck all to do in web feet land.

Did you go today btw?
Why is our support so poor? on 19:59 - Oct 28 with 3539 viewsFireboy2

And you are one.
Why is our support so poor? on 21:03 - Oct 28 with 3476 viewsonehunglow

Why is our support so poor? on 19:59 - Oct 28 by Fireboy2

And you are one.

And there is a perfect example of fan preening.
Jesus,the poorest aspect of our fan base is seeing this crap from people who think they are Uber fans is our support poor?
In some ways it is,undoubtably .
In others not.

What sets us apart are fans joining together to dig into another poster. This is “ bullying” really .

We won today btw.

Why is our support so poor? on 21:05 - Oct 28 with 3474 viewsDr_Winston

Why is our support so poor? on 21:03 - Oct 28 by onehunglow

And there is a perfect example of fan preening.
Jesus,the poorest aspect of our fan base is seeing this crap from people who think they are Uber fans is our support poor?
In some ways it is,undoubtably .
In others not.

What sets us apart are fans joining together to dig into another poster. This is “ bullying” really .

We won today btw.

We won today. Which is why you're barely posting.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Why is our support so poor? on 21:11 - Oct 28 with 3456 viewsFireboy2

Why is our support so poor? on 21:05 - Oct 28 by Dr_Winston

We won today. Which is why you're barely posting.

I knew it Doc, we have hardly seen the usual suspects, when we lose they are in their elements.
Why is our support so poor? on 21:25 - Oct 28 with 3440 viewsDr_Winston

Why is our support so poor? on 21:11 - Oct 28 by Fireboy2

I knew it Doc, we have hardly seen the usual suspects, when we lose they are in their elements.

They will no doubt deny it of course, but their actions speak louder than their words ever will.

Why is our support so poor? on 22:12 - Oct 28 with 3404 viewsonehunglow

Why is our support so poor? on 21:11 - Oct 28 by Fireboy2

Usual suspects
Now they,naysaying,doom and gloomers,half empty glass ,let’s have them

Nauseating abuse over fellow fans views and they are as good as yiu so suck it up.

Why is our support so poor? on 22:28 - Oct 28 with 3380 viewsDr_Winston

Why is our support so poor? on 22:12 - Oct 28 by onehunglow

Usual suspects
Now they,naysaying,doom and gloomers,half empty glass ,let’s have them

Nauseating abuse over fellow fans views and they are as good as yiu so suck it up.

Keep stropping because you've been called on your nonsense.

Why is our support so poor? on 22:43 - Oct 28 with 3356 viewsmajorraglan

Why is our support so poor? on 19:29 - Oct 28 by raynor94

The population of Suffolk is 750.000 and Ipswich are the only team, and they are on a fantastic run after promotion.

Good points, I’d also suggest they’ve got a lot of legacy supporters following their successes in the 1970s and 1980s. Fans who grew up supporting them then will still be supporting them now and they’ll have indoctrinate the same beliefs in their kids. How many of todays youngsters support a team because it’s their dad’s team - loads!

Edit, the population of Neath Port Talbot, Carmarthenshire and Swansea is around 570,000 - throw in Pembs and it’s not far off 700,000.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2023 22:46]
Why is our support so poor? on 22:55 - Oct 28 with 3333 viewsbuilthjack

Why is our support so poor? on 22:43 - Oct 28 by majorraglan

Good points, I’d also suggest they’ve got a lot of legacy supporters following their successes in the 1970s and 1980s. Fans who grew up supporting them then will still be supporting them now and they’ll have indoctrinate the same beliefs in their kids. How many of todays youngsters support a team because it’s their dad’s team - loads!

Edit, the population of Neath Port Talbot, Carmarthenshire and Swansea is around 570,000 - throw in Pembs and it’s not far off 700,000.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2023 22:46]

We have big followings from Llandovery, Brecon, Builth, Llandrindod, Rhayader, Llanidloes, Aberystwyth to name but a few.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Why is our support so poor? on 23:06 - Oct 28 with 3299 viewsonehunglow

Why is our support so poor? on 22:55 - Oct 28 by builthjack

We have big followings from Llandovery, Brecon, Builth, Llandrindod, Rhayader, Llanidloes, Aberystwyth to name but a few.

Good and no Jack ( Swansea person) should ever have Liverpool,Man Utd,Spurs,Chelsea ,Arsenal as “ their Club . They aren’t . They follow a brand .
They are the people’s Jo’s hound be seeing the insults seen on some fans forums .

We are all fans

We all love the club

Too many do not

It’s their home town,it’s represents their family ,their culture .

Why is our support so poor? on 23:08 - Oct 28 with 3293 viewsDr_Winston

Why is our support so poor? on 23:06 - Oct 28 by onehunglow

Good and no Jack ( Swansea person) should ever have Liverpool,Man Utd,Spurs,Chelsea ,Arsenal as “ their Club . They aren’t . They follow a brand .
They are the people’s Jo’s hound be seeing the insults seen on some fans forums .

We are all fans

We all love the club

Too many do not

It’s their home town,it’s represents their family ,their culture .

You follow Liverpool though. You've consistently defended them against comments from Swans supporters for years.

Why on Earth are you even pretending otherwise?

Why is our support so poor? on 23:12 - Oct 28 with 3288 viewsKeithHaynes

Our support isn’t poor.
It’s better than half the league away from home, and then there’s distance.

People ain’t made of money !

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Why is our support so poor? on 23:13 - Oct 28 with 3282 viewsonehunglow

Why is our support so poor? on 22:55 - Oct 28 by builthjack

Seems the 483 is the block, past Builth .
Newtown by pass around Dolfor m@kes things @ little easier anyway but too late for me now.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024