Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rwanda 10:21 - Nov 15 with 21056 viewsraynor94

Supreme court has ruled its illegal.

That's a lot of money down the drain, awaiting a comment from Suella

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Rwanda on 19:25 - Nov 17 with 926 viewsWingstandwood

Rwanda on 19:10 - Nov 17 by waynekerr55

What does woke mean?

WOKE is now identified by the majority of what it has evolved into, and what it has become at this current moment in time i.e. insane rules and laws, cancel culture, malicious false accusation, lack of decent boudaries, lack of common sense, thinking there are 100+ genders, Orwellian 'newspeak', an excuse to bully, student activist idiots wanting to defund the police etc.

Not to dissimilar to the word "political correctness" that was once upon a time associated with decency, kindness and being civil. That made a TV series like "Love Thy Neighbour" right justly unfashionable and offensive,

But sadly was hijacked like WOKE has been, demeaned and abused by the wrong kind of people just to bully and create gratuitous offence. The warning on a bulletin board for Brighton and Hove Buses that told drivers that some customers might also take offence if they were called ‘love’ or ‘darling’ says it all imo.

Names and mission objectives change and evolve with time, just like with the UVF that paid the price on the Somme in 1916... Compare that to drug dealing UVF gangsters' of 2023! WOKE then, WOKE now! Political correctness then, political correctness now!

Argus!

Rwanda on 19:35 - Nov 17 with 910 viewsWingstandwood

WOKE is nowadays the total opposite of Occams Razor grasp of reality and "righty tighty lefty loosey"!
[Post edited 17 Nov 2023 19:36]

Argus!

Rwanda on 20:21 - Nov 17 with 879 viewsGwyn737

Rwanda on 17:22 - Nov 17 by Flashberryjack

"Second, if these centres were based on the continent, we’d have control over processing and who came in"

2 questions.
1 which countries do you think would allow us to open the centres, considering, where would those applying would stay and be fed while their application was processed.

2 Don't you think that those without a legitimate right to enter the UK, and those that had enough money to pay the people traffickers to jump the queue, would still take the risk in a dinghies.

Certainly France would. I appreciate its more difficult to work collaboratively with the EU post Brexit.

Ive answered the next point. Governments would have far more support from the public if these safe routes were being circumnavigated and could respond in a stronger way.
Rwanda on 20:23 - Nov 17 with 876 viewsGwyn737

Rwanda on 19:10 - Nov 17 by waynekerr55

What does woke mean?

It’s a term used by right leaning people to describe things they don’t like, such as laws they don’t agree with or woman’s football.
Rwanda on 20:51 - Nov 17 with 851 viewswaynekerr55

Rwanda on 19:35 - Nov 17 by Wingstandwood

WOKE is nowadays the total opposite of Occams Razor grasp of reality and "righty tighty lefty loosey"!
[Post edited 17 Nov 2023 19:36]

I do enjoy your posts Mr Wingy, even though I don't always agree!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Rwanda on 21:21 - Nov 17 with 832 viewsFlashberryjack

Rwanda on 20:21 - Nov 17 by Gwyn737

Certainly France would. I appreciate its more difficult to work collaboratively with the EU post Brexit.

Ive answered the next point. Governments would have far more support from the public if these safe routes were being circumnavigated and could respond in a stronger way.

"Certainly France would"

Only if it meant they could get rid of the migrants faster than they can using dinghies.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Rwanda on 21:44 - Nov 17 with 817 viewsonehunglow

Rwanda on 20:51 - Nov 17 by waynekerr55

He's my current favourite now you've been deserving us of late

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Rwanda on 01:10 - Nov 18 with 778 viewsRobbie

Migrant being interviewed BBC News earlier on , he was in Calais for the broadcast .
He was adamant no policy will stop him getting to the UK , he was waiting for his boat .

Whoever comes up to a solution for this minefield , will get my vote , good luck on that .
Login to get fewer ads

Rwanda on 06:51 - Nov 18 with 760 viewsSullutaCreturned

Rwanda on 20:23 - Nov 17 by Gwyn737

It’s a term used by right leaning people to describe things they don’t like, such as laws they don’t agree with or woman’s football.

Not just right leaning people, be fair.

I watched the Women's champions league in the week...Chelsea wuz robbed! Seriously though, it was a good game.

On Occams razor, we could do with some more abductive reasoning on here, there are a lot of assumptions going on and the more we assume....

PS, I don't like the law that doesn't allow yellow cards to be appealed but I don't think you meant that
Rwanda on 09:38 - Nov 18 with 734 viewsjohnlangy

Rwanda on 10:10 - Nov 16 by AnotherJohn

The government's argument is about deterrent effect rather than overseas processing for all arrivals, and i suppose one would have to say that whether this will work is an empirical question. The situation with Albanians, where the number of arrivals is sharply down this year, might give a clue. Last year about a quarter of cross channel arrivals (or around 10.000 persons) were Albanians. Since the agreement took effect in December 2022, the UK government returned around 1000 and that seems enough to stem the inward flow. The 1000 returns includes illegal arrivals by all routes - which came to about 16000 in 2022.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2023 10:15]

The Albanian situation makes sense but it's only worked because we've set up a returns agreement with Albania, If this years inward figure ends up at 45,000 (with no Albanians) and even if the Rwanda scheme finally gets the go ahead that will mean about 1 in 100 will end up in Rwanda. And most of them will probably be out of the 130,000 or so already in the country. So the ones crossing the channel know there's almost a zero chance they'll end up in Rwanda. And they'll be coming from countries with which we don't have a returns agreement.

So my question stands. Where's the deterrent in that ?
Rwanda on 10:41 - Nov 18 with 714 viewsWingstandwood

Rwanda on 20:51 - Nov 17 by waynekerr55

Thanks and here is something that'll make everyone stand up, it is from someone who came from the inner sanctum of Number 10 and it fully backs up my and others concerns.

QUOTE: "Remember when the next bombs go off that it's almost sure that we could have had them under surveillance but didn't because MPs prioritise ECHR over stopping terrorism AND lie constantly to hide this prioritisation - I've watched these discussions in bunker under no10, it's always kept secret from voters & Commons

The Tories have undermined national security on every dimension and deserve annihilation" (End of quote).

Argus!

Rwanda on 11:37 - Nov 18 with 680 viewsGwyn737

Rwanda on 10:41 - Nov 18 by Wingstandwood

Thanks and here is something that'll make everyone stand up, it is from someone who came from the inner sanctum of Number 10 and it fully backs up my and others concerns.

QUOTE: "Remember when the next bombs go off that it's almost sure that we could have had them under surveillance but didn't because MPs prioritise ECHR over stopping terrorism AND lie constantly to hide this prioritisation - I've watched these discussions in bunker under no10, it's always kept secret from voters & Commons

The Tories have undermined national security on every dimension and deserve annihilation" (End of quote).

What would change if we left the ECHR? Bearing in mind international law still
applies.
Rwanda on 11:40 - Nov 18 with 679 viewsGwyn737

Rwanda on 19:11 - Nov 17 by onehunglow

Safe and legal roisters!
Yiu miss the point.
They shouldn’t be coming here en masse,no matter who brings them in.
This is the point.
We are full,our resources are stretched to breaking point .

The issue is where we send them to after they land
Frankly,I’m not that bothered.
Our country first and last.

No. You miss the point.

I’m concerned about illegal immigration as much as the next man and incredibly frustrated that our government is busy pretending to be tough by being nasty to foreigners.

I want practical solutions, not sound bites that play to the mob.
Rwanda on 12:21 - Nov 18 with 670 viewsAnotherJohn

Rwanda on 11:37 - Nov 18 by Gwyn737

What would change if we left the ECHR? Bearing in mind international law still
applies.

What law do you have in mind? There is the 1951 Convention, but that is quite broad brush and doesn't say a lot about indirect risks of refoulement.
Rwanda on 13:06 - Nov 18 with 649 viewsFlashberryjack

Rwanda on 11:40 - Nov 18 by Gwyn737

No. You miss the point.

I’m concerned about illegal immigration as much as the next man and incredibly frustrated that our government is busy pretending to be tough by being nasty to foreigners.

What do you mean "the mob" the mob as you call them are the majority of British people that are deeply concerned about the amount legal and illegal immigrants entering this country, I'm one of them (the mob)

Hello

Rwanda on 14:32 - Nov 18 with 624 viewsonehunglow

Rwanda on 11:40 - Nov 18 by Gwyn737

No. You miss the point.

The fact you use the word mob to describe ordinary indigenous British folk shows your colours alright .
You prepared to see your village changed beyond recognition .
Jesus, in some parts of Wales,the English ,fellow British, are made to feel like dirt .
We sure are weird

Rwanda on 14:48 - Nov 18 with 619 viewswaynekerr55

Rwanda on 21:44 - Nov 17 by onehunglow

He's my current favourite now you've been deserving us of late

Deserving?

Have you been using that dodgy Aldi keyboard from 2014?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Rwanda on 15:25 - Nov 18 with 598 viewsGwyn737

Rwanda on 12:21 - Nov 18 by AnotherJohn

What law do you have in mind? There is the 1951 Convention, but that is quite broad brush and doesn't say a lot about indirect risks of refoulement.

My understanding from the judges remarks (I’m no legal expert) is while Rwanda don’t have a functioning asylum system, it won’t be legal whether we’re in air out of the EHRC.

I don’t know the legal basis behind the judgment.
Rwanda on 15:26 - Nov 18 with 594 viewsGwyn737

Rwanda on 13:06 - Nov 18 by Flashberryjack

What do you mean "the mob" the mob as you call them are the majority of British people that are deeply concerned about the amount legal and illegal immigrants entering this country, I'm one of them (the mob)

Again, I’m one of that mob.

I’m not one of the mob who thinks the Rwanda plan will solve it. Different mobs 😉
Rwanda on 15:27 - Nov 18 with 592 viewsGwyn737

Rwanda on 14:32 - Nov 18 by onehunglow

The fact you use the word mob to describe ordinary indigenous British folk shows your colours alright .
You prepared to see your village changed beyond recognition .
Jesus, in some parts of Wales,the English ,fellow British, are made to feel like dirt .
We sure are weird

What do you mean by indigenous British folk?
Rwanda on 15:56 - Nov 18 with 581 viewsKilkennyjack

There were 44,460 people detected arriving by small boats in the year ending June 2023.

A flight to Rwanda is an expensive gimmick.
The Bibby Stockholm is an expensive gimmick.

They are meant to distract you from the failure of 13 years of Tory government to address this issue.

Dont fall for it.
Dont be a mug.

Beware of the Risen People

Rwanda on 16:03 - Nov 18 with 567 viewsFlashberryjack

Rwanda on 15:27 - Nov 18 by Gwyn737

What do you mean by indigenous British folk?

Used to refer to, or relating to, the people who originally lived in a place, rather than people who moved there from somewhere else , no need to thank me

Hello

Rwanda on 16:05 - Nov 18 with 566 viewsonehunglow

Rwanda on 15:56 - Nov 18 by Kilkennyjack

There were 44,460 people detected arriving by small boats in the year ending June 2023.

A flight to Rwanda is an expensive gimmick.
The Bibby Stockholm is an expensive gimmick.

They are meant to distract you from the failure of 13 years of Tory government to address this issue.

Dont fall for it.
Dont be a mug.

Gimmick of not, it’s a way of relieving the burden on British people and that includes Wales,where health services are basically Donald ducked.
And we want more here?
I’d rather our people took precedence but it looks good pitying the poor immigrant
Labour ….what would they do?
Plaid? …invite them over and learn Welsh so they can apply for a house in Caernarfon and impressing the Coffis in the process .

Rwanda on 16:15 - Nov 18 with 560 viewsGwyn737

Rwanda on 16:03 - Nov 18 by Flashberryjack

Used to refer to, or relating to, the people who originally lived in a place, rather than people who moved there from somewhere else , no need to thank me

So not Suella Braverman then? Or the Prime Minister?
Rwanda on 17:04 - Nov 18 with 544 viewsAnotherJohn

Rwanda on 15:25 - Nov 18 by Gwyn737

My understanding from the judges remarks (I’m no legal expert) is while Rwanda don’t have a functioning asylum system, it won’t be legal whether we’re in air out of the EHRC.

I don’t know the legal basis behind the judgment.

Lord Reed was saying that existing UK law would still apply. For example, The Human Rights Act 1998 incorporates the rights set out in the ECHR into domestic British law. However, my understanding is that we cannot easily amend this UK legislation without withdrawing from the ECHR. There isn't some codified body of "international law" separate from the various treaties, conventions and case law.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024