Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread 20:45 - Nov 19 with 8848 viewsModeratorC

It’s back.
Not Hull and back, but it’s in reverse. When you turn your back on the fans, then there’s only one ending. And the fans remain, you don’t. Ready ? They have five days.

Kristian Fletcher : Are his efforts about to be rewarded ? Swansea City big game build up 22nd Nov 2023 11:44
The Swans take on eight placed Hull City on Saturday at the Swansea.Com Stadium, kick off 3pm. The game brings with it numerous questions with the home side in seventeenth, albeit seven points off the play offs. 0

Hull City rivalry through the years & Jan Molby warning 22nd Nov 2023 19:15
Swansea City and Hull City have had a pretty strange rivalry which stretches back to the nineties. Swansea City fans have gone out of their way to gain direct contact with Hull fans, especially during that decade. 0

Duff mentions behind the scenes issues when citing the Swans league position 23rd Nov 2023 18:09
Michael Duff looking far happier now he has a game to plan for on Saturday mentioned a few issues he is facing on a daily basis at the Swans. 0

Swansea City latest & Hull City boss on his admiration for Matt Grimes 25th Nov 2023 06:38
Swansea City at last return to action this afternoon hosting Hull City ( KO 3pm ) in the EFL Championship. This after six weeks of inaction due to International breaks since mid September. Head coach Michael has stated this week that behind the scenes ‘issues’ have affected not only his team selections but haven’t helped his genuine attempts to stabilise the squad. 1

Swansea City throw three points away in the second half v Hull City 25th Nov 2023 17:56
A frustrating afternoon for Swansea City when their two goal lead was clawed back by a lively Hull City at the Swansea.Com Stadium. In fact Hull had a goal ruled out and several other chances to take the lead in an energetic display from Liam Rosenior’s side. It all ends in disappointment for the Swans fans that attended this game, and clearly now it’s evident many are not attending at all. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread on 10:44 - Nov 26 with 575 viewsRichardO

Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread on 10:29 - Nov 26 by onehunglow

At times our players were actually running into each other .
Worrying or what .
Grimes has talent but My God,he can be better utilised . He has a decent shot but rarely shoots but when he dies ,he gets close .He should be encouraged to shoot more often instead of passing backwards and sideways ,

The back ward and side ways passing is because of lack of options to the player on the ball in attacking mode our midfield should be further up the field with an eye to cover as required if defenders press on and in defence mode tight and compact instead of making it easy for teams to play through us forcing teams to go around or over us at the moment our press and marking is abysmal leaving players pick and choose who they want to pass to and they don't even have to work hard to achieve it against us.
Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread on 10:49 - Nov 26 with 565 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread on 10:44 - Nov 26 by RichardO

The back ward and side ways passing is because of lack of options to the player on the ball in attacking mode our midfield should be further up the field with an eye to cover as required if defenders press on and in defence mode tight and compact instead of making it easy for teams to play through us forcing teams to go around or over us at the moment our press and marking is abysmal leaving players pick and choose who they want to pass to and they don't even have to work hard to achieve it against us.

Thank you
To me however , passing backwards and sideways is a default mode
I've seen Zgrimes run forward get into a shooting position then literally stop and knock it sideways
When going for a winner yesterday , our players were crowding out each other
Grimes is the captain
He could be a very good player , a player who clubs would see as an ideal purchase
He's still with us

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread on 12:01 - Nov 26 with 497 viewsnantywatcher

Personally, I thought we were terrific yesterday. Some of the movement and passing in the first half were the best we have displayed in recent years. The move in the second half when Grimes fizzed one just over the bar was absolutely top drawer. (As was the speed and precision for our first goal.)
Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread on 12:32 - Nov 26 with 478 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread on 12:01 - Nov 26 by nantywatcher

Personally, I thought we were terrific yesterday. Some of the movement and passing in the first half were the best we have displayed in recent years. The move in the second half when Grimes fizzed one just over the bar was absolutely top drawer. (As was the speed and precision for our first goal.)

Agreed, but the outcome was as many expected, even at 2-0 up.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread on 12:44 - Nov 26 with 475 viewslifelong

Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread on 12:01 - Nov 26 by nantywatcher

I also thought that some of our football in the first half was excellent and when we move the ball forward quickly we look a very good side. Our defence is something else though, at times in the second half we gave their two pacey forward players the freedom of the park and were punished for it.
Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread on 13:56 - Nov 26 with 453 viewsRichardO

Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread on 12:44 - Nov 26 by lifelong

I also thought that some of our football in the first half was excellent and when we move the ball forward quickly we look a very good side. Our defence is something else though, at times in the second half we gave their two pacey forward players the freedom of the park and were punished for it.

Some of the football is good at times and it was with Potter, Cooper, Martin and now Duff but seeing Fulton and Grimes so tight together and dropping back so deep great if under pressure but that balance of keeping on the front foot and protecting leads was well marshalled by Cooper and so I have been informed by Potter in open play but we just end up being too deep and defensive being unable to link up to the forwards.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024