Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread 20:45 - Nov 19 with 8850 viewsModeratorC

It’s back.
Not Hull and back, but it’s in reverse. When you turn your back on the fans, then there’s only one ending. And the fans remain, you don’t. Ready ? They have five days.

Kristian Fletcher : Are his efforts about to be rewarded ? Swansea City big game build up 22nd Nov 2023 11:44
The Swans take on eight placed Hull City on Saturday at the Swansea.Com Stadium, kick off 3pm. The game brings with it numerous questions with the home side in seventeenth, albeit seven points off the play offs. 0

Hull City rivalry through the years & Jan Molby warning 22nd Nov 2023 19:15
Swansea City and Hull City have had a pretty strange rivalry which stretches back to the nineties. Swansea City fans have gone out of their way to gain direct contact with Hull fans, especially during that decade. 0

Duff mentions behind the scenes issues when citing the Swans league position 23rd Nov 2023 18:09
Michael Duff looking far happier now he has a game to plan for on Saturday mentioned a few issues he is facing on a daily basis at the Swans. 0

Swansea City latest & Hull City boss on his admiration for Matt Grimes 25th Nov 2023 06:38
Swansea City at last return to action this afternoon hosting Hull City ( KO 3pm ) in the EFL Championship. This after six weeks of inaction due to International breaks since mid September. Head coach Michael has stated this week that behind the scenes ‘issues’ have affected not only his team selections but haven’t helped his genuine attempts to stabilise the squad. 1

Swansea City throw three points away in the second half v Hull City 25th Nov 2023 17:56
A frustrating afternoon for Swansea City when their two goal lead was clawed back by a lively Hull City at the Swansea.Com Stadium. In fact Hull had a goal ruled out and several other chances to take the lead in an energetic display from Liam Rosenior’s side. It all ends in disappointment for the Swans fans that attended this game, and clearly now it’s evident many are not attending at all. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread on 17:02 - Nov 25 with 1327 viewsunion_jack

What a sh1t Saturday!!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread on 17:06 - Nov 25 with 1284 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread on 17:00 - Nov 25 by Tummer_from_Texas

Oh well, don't know why but I really had a feeling we were gonna see a late winner.

My senses remain bottom of the table. Cheers.

Completely the opposite for me.

I had a strange feeling from the start of this game. I never felt confident and at 2-0 I still ‘knew’ Hull would get back into it. Just wish I could have the same feeling with lottery numbers.

And Cardiff won as well which has just about rounded off the perfect effing day😡

Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread on 17:06 - Nov 25 with 1285 viewsAnotherJohn

Apart from a good period in the middle of the first half, I thought we were second best - certainly re goal threat. Patterson was our only real threat, and we always had a mistake in us. At the start of the second half with the Swans looking sloppy, Andy Robinson said he thought we were doing okay and Hull scored within a minute. It went downhill from there. As another poster said, we don't have the squad to finish much higher than our present position, and it may be lower.
Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread on 17:09 - Nov 25 with 1248 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread on 17:06 - Nov 25 by AnotherJohn

Apart from a good period in the middle of the first half, I thought we were second best - certainly re goal threat. Patterson was our only real threat, and we always had a mistake in us. At the start of the second half with the Swans looking sloppy, Andy Robinson said he thought we were doing okay and Hull scored within a minute. It went downhill from there. As another poster said, we don't have the squad to finish much higher than our present position, and it may be lower.

I remember thinking ‘oh don’t say that’ when Andy Robinson made that comment. And there it was.

Carbon copy of a goal we concede against someone recently. Can’t remember who.

Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread on 17:12 - Nov 25 with 1228 viewsonehunglow

We want Duff to do well but it’s getting disappointing on a regular basis .
Why do we still foff about so much even when pressing for a winner .
Trying to stroke the ball onto the net doesn’t work.
The Glass Man looked ok though so why not start him .
And I thought our crowd was abysmal .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread on 17:15 - Nov 25 with 1217 viewsbennytheblue

Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread on 17:02 - Nov 25 by union_jack

What a sh1t Saturday!!

Turned out pretty good…….
Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread on 17:20 - Nov 25 with 1188 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread on 17:12 - Nov 25 by onehunglow

We want Duff to do well but it’s getting disappointing on a regular basis .
Why do we still foff about so much even when pressing for a winner .
Trying to stroke the ball onto the net doesn’t work.
The Glass Man looked ok though so why not start him .
And I thought our crowd was abysmal .

We faff around because quite frankly we aren’t good enough.

Hull should have won that today but somehow we clung onto the 1 point. They were far more organised around the pitch knowing where eachother was. There were times when I thought we’d never played together before.

And this narrow defence. Again and again we are caught out by opposition width and hand them the freedom of the city. Resulted in a few goals over the season so far.

We need to be very careful because although I don’t believe we are one of the three worst sides in the division, a run of bad performance and / or results could see us looking over our shoulders too much for comfort.

Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread on 17:29 - Nov 25 with 1141 viewstheloneranger

Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread on 17:09 - Nov 25 by union_jack

I remember thinking ‘oh don’t say that’ when Andy Robinson made that comment. And there it was.

Watford.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread on 17:50 - Nov 25 with 1070 viewsdantheswansman

Paterson looked like he was brought in from the league above for this game, phenomenal performance, its a shame the rest of the team don't leave it all on the pitch like he does, pretty sure the Ref will have a nice ride home on the same bus he came down on but we didn't do enough to kill the game, 3-0 and that was over but it wasn't to be
Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread on 17:51 - Nov 25 with 1064 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread on 17:20 - Nov 25 by union_jack

We faff around because quite frankly we aren’t good enough.

Hull should have won that today but somehow we clung onto the 1 point. They were far more organised around the pitch knowing where eachother was. There were times when I thought we’d never played together before.

And this narrow defence. Again and again we are caught out by opposition width and hand them the freedom of the city. Resulted in a few goals over the season so far.

We need to be very careful because although I don’t believe we are one of the three worst sides in the division, a run of bad performance and / or results could see us looking over our shoulders too much for comfort.

Apart from Weds , few look as bad as us
We have lost to teams deemed awful and dire
Care indeed

Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread on 18:11 - Nov 25 with 1022 viewsWhiterockin

My god we are poor. No skill, polish or endeavour, well nothing really. We were very lucky to be leading at halftime, we didn't deserve it. Patterson was excellent and Yates took his goal well, as for the rest oh dear huffed and puffed with no end product. Rushworth kept us in the game but was beaten at his near post again, similar to Watford? Is his positioning poor on his right side? Ashby was trying to stretch his hamstring right from kick off, did he go into the game injured from the warm up? The crowd was very, very quiet I really think supporters have had enough. I'm normally a half full person, but currently I can't see many positives.
Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread on 18:12 - Nov 25 with 1022 viewsshingle

The chance of many of our younger fans getting Ryan Reynolds autograph next season is certainly not a forgone conclusion, just have to hope the few other fellow crap teams below us do not improve.
Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread on 18:14 - Nov 25 with 1010 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread on 18:12 - Nov 25 by shingle

The chance of many of our younger fans getting Ryan Reynolds autograph next season is certainly not a forgone conclusion, just have to hope the few other fellow crap teams below us do not improve.

Depressingly on point.

Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread on 18:21 - Nov 25 with 989 viewsJohnw102

Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread on 16:55 - Nov 25 by Tummer_from_Texas

3 added minutes is a ridiculously low number.

Not when you are sitting there freezing your nuts 🌰 off frustrated and knowing you will be doing it all over again in seven days time. It’s three minutes too long.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread on 18:24 - Nov 25 with 978 viewslifelong

Disappointing second half, lucky to get a point.
Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread on 18:26 - Nov 25 with 971 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread on 18:21 - Nov 25 by Johnw102

Not when you are sitting there freezing your nuts 🌰 off frustrated and knowing you will be doing it all over again in seven days time. It’s three minutes too long.

Or when you’re clinging on for the point😡

Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread on 18:30 - Nov 25 with 943 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread on 17:09 - Nov 25 by union_jack

Watford. Rushworth is quire weak on his right side. Both goals today were shots to his right.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread on 18:32 - Nov 25 with 935 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread on 13:16 - Nov 25 by union_jack

Think this may be the score line.

My apologies 🙄

Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread on 18:37 - Nov 25 with 924 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City throw three points away in the second half v Hull City 25th Nov 2023 17:56
A frustrating afternoon for Swansea City when their two goal lead was clawed back by a lively Hull City at the Swansea.Com Stadium. In fact Hull had a goal ruled out and several other chances to take the lead in an energetic display from Liam Rosenior’s side. It all ends in disappointment for the Swans fans that attended this game, and clearly now it’s evident many are not attending at all. 0

Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread on 18:45 - Nov 25 with 907 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread on 18:32 - Nov 25 by KeithHaynes

My apologies 🙄

How many would have been happy with that at 3p.?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread on 18:46 - Nov 25 with 895 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread on 18:45 - Nov 25 by vetchonian

Here’s one!👍

Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread on 18:51 - Nov 25 with 873 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread on 18:45 - Nov 25 by vetchonian

Well, I did put it here as my score prediction.

Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread on 18:56 - Nov 25 with 846 viewsQJumpingJack

Leeds is going to be a very tough game on Wednesday evening. It could be a very long night.
Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread on 10:13 - Nov 26 with 467 viewsRichardO

Well that game looked so familiar did all the hard work of getting in front getting players in good positions further up the park but looked far to open an cede the advantage against a Hull team who in the first half didn't execute their press very well and didn't make the most of their chances we allowed them, we were yet again off the pace in the game being reactive instead of proactive.
We let the wingers have time and space to have the ball to feet even and aging Tommy Smith knew when to stop that happening although he wouldn't get away with his methods now my point is valid a good full backs or even defenders knows you can let good wingers have the ball to feet with the freedom to play the way they are happiest, for me the first choice fullbacks would be Key and Pederson when available.
In that first half we again had our midfield the dropping too deep to collect the ball by that I mean in the end Fulton and Grimes within feet of each other playing pointless passes that were not get us park and fill the gap between the forwards and the defenders when they were further apart we did progress up the park even offering themselves to the "wingers" instead of forcing them to play the ball back to the full backs.
Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread on 10:29 - Nov 26 with 463 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Hull City : Match day thread on 10:13 - Nov 26 by RichardO

Well that game looked so familiar did all the hard work of getting in front getting players in good positions further up the park but looked far to open an cede the advantage against a Hull team who in the first half didn't execute their press very well and didn't make the most of their chances we allowed them, we were yet again off the pace in the game being reactive instead of proactive.
We let the wingers have time and space to have the ball to feet even and aging Tommy Smith knew when to stop that happening although he wouldn't get away with his methods now my point is valid a good full backs or even defenders knows you can let good wingers have the ball to feet with the freedom to play the way they are happiest, for me the first choice fullbacks would be Key and Pederson when available.
In that first half we again had our midfield the dropping too deep to collect the ball by that I mean in the end Fulton and Grimes within feet of each other playing pointless passes that were not get us park and fill the gap between the forwards and the defenders when they were further apart we did progress up the park even offering themselves to the "wingers" instead of forcing them to play the ball back to the full backs.

At times our players were actually running into each other .
Worrying or what .
Grimes has talent but My God,he can be better utilised . He has a decent shot but rarely shoots but when he dies ,he gets close .He should be encouraged to shoot more often instead of passing backwards and sideways ,

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024