Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Glove watch. 21:41 - Dec 3 with 5482 viewsconnell10

Just watching the Preston full 90 mins on the offy! Only Dunne and Field without gloves but Dunne wins as he has on a short sleeved top bare armed....hard bastard!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Glove watch. on 21:48 - Dec 3 with 4566 viewsdmm

It was -3 degrees so we should give them a pass on this occasion.
Glove watch. on 21:51 - Dec 3 with 4547 viewsBluce_Ree

Lol fk all that. Gloves is the smart play for this bullshit. I've been to Preston and it's the coldest fking place in England for some reason. You go there, your cock falls off and DIES. If I go there again I'm taking gloves, a hat, two pairs of socks and a fking extra bellend.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Glove watch. on 21:58 - Dec 3 with 4492 viewsconnell10

Glove watch. on 21:51 - Dec 3 by Bluce_Ree

Lol fk all that. Gloves is the smart play for this bullshit. I've been to Preston and it's the coldest fking place in England for some reason. You go there, your cock falls off and DIES. If I go there again I'm taking gloves, a hat, two pairs of socks and a fking extra bellend.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Glove watch. on 22:02 - Dec 3 with 4456 viewscolinallcars

Gloves ? I didn't even wear boots when I played. Milksops.
Glove watch. on 22:05 - Dec 3 with 4414 viewsBoston

I've worked in the construction industry my whole life, through every type of weather from brass monkey to piss boiling, and I cope pretty well. Though acclimatized to climate change, I always wear gloves in cold weather, it makes a significant difference in my comfort level, should have done it when I was Dunne's age.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Glove watch. on 22:06 - Dec 3 with 4400 viewsBoston

Glove watch. on 22:02 - Dec 3 by colinallcars

Gloves ? I didn't even wear boots when I played. Milksops.

Uphill,,,. both ways.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Glove watch. on 22:08 - Dec 3 with 4393 viewsflynnbo

Shirts or skins?
Glove watch. on 22:10 - Dec 3 with 4363 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Boundary Park, Oldham is another cold one. I ate 3 steak 'n' kidney pies just to stay warm (at least that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it).
Login to get fewer ads

Glove watch. on 22:12 - Dec 3 with 4355 viewsBenny_the_Ball

When Smyth, a Northern Irishman, is wearing gloves, you know it's cold.
Glove watch. on 22:32 - Dec 3 with 4276 viewsHamptonR

I never felt the cold, home or away. Jeans T shirt, light jacket and that was it, never bothered me.
Now I dress like an Eskimo when I take the bins out.
Glove watch. on 22:50 - Dec 3 with 4229 viewscolinallcars

Glove watch. on 22:10 - Dec 3 by Benny_the_Ball

Boundary Park, Oldham is another cold one. I ate 3 steak 'n' kidney pies just to stay warm (at least that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it).

I hate that place - haven't been there for donks but remember one year standing on highest row of the standing accomodation with the wind whistling across, I think , the moor where Brady and Hindley buried one of their victims.
Glove watch. on 23:14 - Dec 3 with 4183 viewsMidlands_Ranger

The old man hated seeing players wearing gloves...Still does...don't get him started in the snood or the under armour base layer stuff.....but Friday night you gotta give them a pass! There's days/nights we're I agree with him but Friday wasn't one of them. Always played better when not freezing cold numb and frozen when playing in the cold, it makes sense, feel better, play better
Glove watch. on 23:23 - Dec 3 with 4172 viewsjohann28

Oh yes - certainly one of the coldest places I've ever been to watch footy - the wind there was colder than a witch's tit. Didn't someone call it Ice Station Zebra? Something to do with the altitude from memory.
Glove watch. on 23:29 - Dec 3 with 4154 viewsted_hendrix

We were there one Saturday at the end of August and yes It was fecking freezing.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Glove watch. on 00:04 - Dec 4 with 4090 viewsnumptydumpty

How strange...

Same thing happened to me last time I went to Preston.

Must be a Rangers thing !!!! 🤣

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Glove watch. on 00:54 - Dec 4 with 4026 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Glove watch. on 23:23 - Dec 3 by johann28

Oh yes - certainly one of the coldest places I've ever been to watch footy - the wind there was colder than a witch's tit. Didn't someone call it Ice Station Zebra? Something to do with the altitude from memory.

Yes, Ice Station Zebra, a nickname coined by Joe Royle. It's the second highest ground in the country, and boy you feel those winds cutting across.
Glove watch. on 00:59 - Dec 4 with 4020 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Glove watch. on 23:29 - Dec 3 by ted_hendrix

We were there one Saturday at the end of August and yes It was fecking freezing.

I was there for the 1st leg of the play-off semi-final. In the 2nd half I've never felt so cold, even though I was jumping around like a lunatic when Langley scored (and subsequently got sent off).
Glove watch. on 01:26 - Dec 4 with 4003 viewsDannyPaddox

Glove watch. on 00:54 - Dec 4 by Benny_the_Ball

Yes, Ice Station Zebra, a nickname coined by Joe Royle. It's the second highest ground in the country, and boy you feel those winds cutting across.

Thee highest ground in the country is

Glossop North End

Or maybe just a lovely name to say
Glove watch. on 06:48 - Dec 4 with 3879 viewsAirtomoreira

I vividly remember setting off from Liverpool on 29 Sep 1973 to watch us play at Newcastle (won 3-2, what a game). The weather was a balmy late Summer day, with temp forecast to be around 20C. I toyed with the idea of just going in shirt sleeves, but caution got the better of me and I took a light jacket. Just in case.

And there I was, several hours later, stood on the open away end, with the wind whipping into my face straight of the North Sea via Iceland, accompanied by snow flurries. I refer The Honourable Gentleman to all of the above analogies with regard to just how cold it felt, how I cursed myself for not taking anything warmer.

Then, on the way home along the A69 towards Carlisle / M6, having to pull over due to the combination of a blinding low sun, which I was driving straight towards, and a downpour of biblical proportions. Still, at least the rainbow was glorious, as was the result. Happy days.
Glove watch. on 07:12 - Dec 4 with 3847 viewsQPunkR

And that’s in the summer!

QPR - "shit but local"

Glove watch. on 11:07 - Dec 4 with 3566 viewsWokingR

It must have been so cold there this weekend that everyone in Preston has died.
My wifes family are all from Preston and, strangely, I've not heard from a single one of them since Friday ???
Glove watch. on 11:09 - Dec 4 with 3561 viewsTheChef

My personal favourite is still the footballer who wears gloves with short sleeves

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Glove watch. on 11:20 - Dec 4 with 3527 viewsEsox_Lucius

Glove watch. on 11:09 - Dec 4 by TheChef

My personal favourite is still the footballer who wears gloves with short sleeves

When I used to do a lot of running for training I always used to wear gloves when it got chilly, your body is using a lot of the blood just to function and the extremities are the first to be deprived. I can assure you that not wearing them doesn't make you a double hard bastard.

The grass is always greener.

Glove watch. on 11:58 - Dec 4 with 3462 viewsDWQPR

Glove watch. on 01:26 - Dec 4 by DannyPaddox

Thee highest ground in the country is

Glossop North End

Or maybe just a lovely name to say

The highest ground in the country is The Hawthorns, 26 foot above sea level higher than Boundary Park. Remember one FA Cup 3rd Round replay a few years ago, which we actually won and it was ferhucking freezing that night.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Glove watch. on 12:22 - Dec 4 with 3416 viewsslmrstid

Glove watch. on 11:20 - Dec 4 by Esox_Lucius

When I used to do a lot of running for training I always used to wear gloves when it got chilly, your body is using a lot of the blood just to function and the extremities are the first to be deprived. I can assure you that not wearing them doesn't make you a double hard bastard.

This - as a runner I will frequently be in t-shirt/vest and then gloves in the colder months for racing with the arms bare. The gloves keeps the extremities warm and the arms will warm up really quickly once in competitive mode and you can be at risk of overheating if covered up too much. Same would go for footballers. A lot of athletes suffer from Reynauds and wearing gloves is one of the best ways to stave it off when in activity.

Obviously Friday night and extreme cold is very different for being covered up more.

So it looks daft maybe, until you have experience of it in reality and realise how beneficial it is.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024