Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russia TRIPLING its defence budget then 10:48 - Jan 19 with 6559 viewsonehunglow

Well, you can’t be too careful ,can you.
Imagine Twp Rishi doing that
20 years.
Kick your arses goodbye

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Russia TRIPLING its defence budget then on 13:17 - Feb 13 with 738 viewsonehunglow

Russia TRIPLING its defence budget then on 10:30 - Feb 13 by Gwyn737

Russia has a free press?

Come on, you’re being daft now.

You can be an independent journalist in Russia, it’s just you’ll get bumped off.

It’s not even a recent thing, I remember Anna Politkovskaya.

Laughable isn’t it.
Izvestia the national newspaper.
Must be a good read
Contro is a Pravda reader though
Tells the “ truth”

Russia TRIPLING its defence budget then on 20:44 - Feb 13 with 687 viewsSullutaCreturned

Russia TRIPLING its defence budget then on 10:30 - Feb 13 by Gwyn737

Russia has a free press?

Come on, you’re being daft now.

You can be an independent journalist in Russia, it’s just you’ll get bumped off.

It’s not even a recent thing, I remember Anna Politkovskaya.

Not worth bothering with, Gwyn.
Russia TRIPLING its defence budget then on 09:03 - Feb 14 with 630 viewscontroversial_jack

The penny has dropped at last.Many media outlets have realised that the Ukraine is losing and losing badly. The propaganda will not work any longer as it's impossible to hide the reality
Russia TRIPLING its defence budget then on 20:46 - Feb 14 with 601 viewsAnotherJohn

Could increased Russian military spending also relate to this? We will know more soon.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/white-house-plans-brief-lawmakers-house-chairman
Russia TRIPLING its defence budget then on 20:51 - Feb 14 with 594 viewsAnotherJohn

Russia TRIPLING its defence budget then on 09:03 - Feb 14 by controversial_jack

The penny has dropped at last.Many media outlets have realised that the Ukraine is losing and losing badly. The propaganda will not work any longer as it's impossible to hide the reality

Russia is certainly hiding a big part of the Black Sea fleet, considering that so many surface vessels have been converted to submarines. The second large vessel in a couple of weeks went to the bottom today.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-68292602
Russia TRIPLING its defence budget then on 12:40 - Feb 15 with 561 viewscontroversial_jack

Russia TRIPLING its defence budget then on 20:51 - Feb 14 by AnotherJohn

Russia is certainly hiding a big part of the Black Sea fleet, considering that so many surface vessels have been converted to submarines. The second large vessel in a couple of weeks went to the bottom today.

The Ukraninas had some success with drones, and it put the Russians back a bit, but they got around that by targeting drone operating facilities.
Russia TRIPLING its defence budget then on 15:24 - Feb 15 with 552 viewsonehunglow

Russia TRIPLING its defence budget then on 20:51 - Feb 14 by AnotherJohn

Oh for those May Day parades again.
Mother Russia showing the world its arsenal of killing machines in front of a star struck populace .
This is what the problem is.
Russian people and their love of Power and Strength

Russia TRIPLING its defence budget then on 12:14 - Feb 16 with 515 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Russian opposition politician dies mysteriously in prison.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Login to get fewer ads

Russia TRIPLING its defence budget then on 13:18 - Feb 16 with 498 viewsBoundy

Russia TRIPLING its defence budget then on 12:14 - Feb 16 by felixstowe_jack

But according to some beauts on here, Russia's a much nicer and more democratic country to survive. So much so but they never seem to want to live there themselves

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Russia TRIPLING its defence budget then on 14:14 - Feb 16 with 486 viewsonehunglow

Russia TRIPLING its defence budget then on 13:18 - Feb 16 by Boundy

But according to some beauts on here, Russia's a much nicer and more democratic country to survive. So much so but they never seem to want to live there themselves

They would never live there. They are safe here

Russia TRIPLING its defence budget then on 14:30 - Feb 16 with 481 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Must be the covid vaccine!

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Russia TRIPLING its defence budget then on 15:15 - Feb 16 with 467 viewsJumpingJackFlash

Putin’s a really nice man.

I keep saying that every time I’m at the top of a flight of stairs or near an open window.
Russia TRIPLING its defence budget then on 16:52 - Feb 16 with 448 viewsGwyn737

This sad story is Putin’s Russia in a nutshell.

A critic poisoned , sent to a gulag who then ends up dead.

Nothing really in the Russian ‘free’ press.
Russia TRIPLING its defence budget then on 17:07 - Feb 16 with 440 viewsSullutaCreturned

They've finally killed Navalny then. I'd exected it sooner. That is the "pravda" about Russia, Putin gets rid of anyone who stands up to OR against him. First he outlaws them, locks them up, discredits them and if they are still standing then he poisons them.

That is unless their plane crashes or they fall out of a window.

Sadly Russia is not the only country that does such things and even our wonderful democracies resort to dirty tricks to try and win.
Russia TRIPLING its defence budget then on 17:17 - Feb 16 with 434 viewsonehunglow

Russia TRIPLING its defence budget then on 18:25 - Jan 19 by majorraglan

We defo need to increase our defence budget, in reality may be by 50% or even double our ver the next few years. We’ve had to mothball 2 ships because we can’t recruit enough staff to operate them.

Russia is a problem for Europe, on the other side we have China and North Korea sidling up to the Russians, potentially arming them and buying goods etc. The US Republicans are failing to back Ukraine and are “focussing” on China on account of the threat to Taiwan, but if they showed Russia they meant business in Ukraine I’d have thought the Chinese would be more cautious.

Sunak and the other European heads of state need to get a grip of this and soon. If countries like Hungary (and I’m surprised they want to be close with Russia after the way they were treated going back 50/60 years) want to prioritise Russia about they should be told to do one.

Good point on Hungary
1956 saw terrible bloodshed on the streets of a European capital.
Not keen on them myself
Tend to be racist and sullen

Russia TRIPLING its defence budget then on 17:19 - Feb 16 with 433 viewsonehunglow

Russia TRIPLING its defence budget then on 17:07 - Feb 16 by SullutaCreturned

They've finally killed Navalny then. I'd exected it sooner. That is the "pravda" about Russia, Putin gets rid of anyone who stands up to OR against him. First he outlaws them, locks them up, discredits them and if they are still standing then he poisons them.

That is unless their plane crashes or they fall out of a window.

Sadly Russia is not the only country that does such things and even our wonderful democracies resort to dirty tricks to try and win.

And Trump basically encouraging him to attack other countries
World is nuts
Putin needs a pen ice pick to make his ears burn

Russia TRIPLING its defence budget then on 20:58 - Feb 16 with 391 viewsmajorraglan

There was an article in one of the better newspapers to the effect the Russians were laying the ground to invade Moldova. It’s a shocking state of affairs. I’m not saying the Americans should bankroll the Ukraine, but what’s going on out there with the Republicans playing party politics is mental. There’s an axis of evil and we need the free democratic nations to stand up to it, Navalny’s been bumped off, Wagner are active and giving it large in Africa, we’ve seen abhorrent acts in Syria and the Ukraine. There have also been issues in Georgia. I wouldn’t mind betting some of these politicians who are backing/promoting the Russians have been bought off.
Russia TRIPLING its defence budget then on 21:29 - Feb 16 with 379 viewsSullutaCreturned

Russia TRIPLING its defence budget then on 20:58 - Feb 16 by majorraglan

There was an article in one of the better newspapers to the effect the Russians were laying the ground to invade Moldova. It’s a shocking state of affairs. I’m not saying the Americans should bankroll the Ukraine, but what’s going on out there with the Republicans playing party politics is mental. There’s an axis of evil and we need the free democratic nations to stand up to it, Navalny’s been bumped off, Wagner are active and giving it large in Africa, we’ve seen abhorrent acts in Syria and the Ukraine. There have also been issues in Georgia. I wouldn’t mind betting some of these politicians who are backing/promoting the Russians have been bought off.

I agree with that, some people will always put money and personal gain ahead of what is right and USA politicians are the greediest of the greedy.

Some time back, when Trump was making noises about NATO, I suggested that maybe it was time for Europe to stand on it's own. Is it time to tell the USA that they are not needed anymore and the European nations will form their own alliance and look out for themselves?

Without any rogue or stupid USA politicians to make threats or demands maybe Europe could do better?
It is probably a forlorn hope though because Europe has still been "in fighting" and needed USA power to keep the enemy at the gate from knocking the front door down.

The EU is a thorn there too, it's members want the benefits without any risks. Will EU members cough up the billions needed to fund a large enough, effective military deterrent?
The whole situation is made worse by those stupid Eastern European governments who are sidling up to Russia seemingly forgetting the USSR and what they did.
Russia TRIPLING its defence budget then on 22:19 - Feb 16 with 365 viewsDr_Winston

In his defence (and even saying that makes me feel dirty) Trump's issue with NATO is that a lot of members have been happy to skimp on their contribution for decades whilst depending upon American military spending to keep them safe.

If a European country gets attacked after ignoring their obligations under NATO rules what American President with anything approaching a conscience could ask his troops to potentially die to protect them?

For far too long European Nations have been snootily mocking US Military spending whilst simultaneously expecting it to take care of them. The only surprising thing about the whole situation is that it's taken this long for a US President to call them out on it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Russia TRIPLING its defence budget then on 23:28 - Feb 16 with 339 viewsmajorraglan

Russia TRIPLING its defence budget then on 22:19 - Feb 16 by Dr_Winston

In his defence (and even saying that makes me feel dirty) Trump's issue with NATO is that a lot of members have been happy to skimp on their contribution for decades whilst depending upon American military spending to keep them safe.

If a European country gets attacked after ignoring their obligations under NATO rules what American President with anything approaching a conscience could ask his troops to potentially die to protect them?

For far too long European Nations have been snootily mocking US Military spending whilst simultaneously expecting it to take care of them. The only surprising thing about the whole situation is that it's taken this long for a US President to call them out on it.

Agree with the point that European nations need to send more an I think we’re guilty of underspending if I’m being honest. Our armed forces seemed to be totally ill equipped, not enough planes, not enough tanks, not enough personnel and our new aircraft carrier is a joke.

I do think Trump needs to be more statesman like, but I suppose he’s playing to an audience back home who aren’t worldly wise.
Russia TRIPLING its defence budget then on 04:08 - Feb 17 with 319 viewsAnotherJohn

Russia TRIPLING its defence budget then on 23:28 - Feb 16 by majorraglan

Agree with the point that European nations need to send more an I think we’re guilty of underspending if I’m being honest. Our armed forces seemed to be totally ill equipped, not enough planes, not enough tanks, not enough personnel and our new aircraft carrier is a joke.

I do think Trump needs to be more statesman like, but I suppose he’s playing to an audience back home who aren’t worldly wise.

Agree that several European nations effectively free-loading on defence spending. Yet the stance many MAGA Republicans are taking goes beyond issues of financial fairness to involve bizarre ideological claims (Ukrainians are Nazis) and tacit support for the re-birth of the Soviet Union. Somebody like Marjorie Taylor Greene puts forward the most bizarre beliefs, including COVID conspiracy theories and similar baggage. Tucker Carlson says Russia is wonderful because it has elegant subway stations and cheap supermarkets with lockable trolleys. It is as though the MAGA movement wants to go back to the isolationist ideas of the America First Committee around 1940 and 41. We may not have liked everything about Reagan and his successors, but at least they understood that the West needed to maintain peace through strength when it faced up to autocratic regimes.
[Post edited 19 Feb 9:59]
Russia TRIPLING its defence budget then on 09:48 - Feb 17 with 298 viewsBoundy

Russia TRIPLING its defence budget then on 04:08 - Feb 17 by AnotherJohn

Agree that several European nations effectively free-loading on defence spending. Yet the stance many MAGA Republicans are taking goes beyond issues of financial fairness to involve bizarre ideological claims (Ukrainians are Nazis) and tacit support for the re-birth of the Soviet Union. Somebody like Marjorie Taylor Greene puts forward the most bizarre beliefs, including COVID conspiracy theories and similar baggage. Tucker Carlson says Russia is wonderful because it has elegant subway stations and cheap supermarkets with lockable trolleys. It is as though the MAGA movement wants to go back to the isolationist ideas of the America First Committee around 1940 and 41. We may not have liked everything about Reagan and his successors, but at least they understood that the West needed to maintain peace through strength when it faced up to autocratic regimes.
[Post edited 19 Feb 9:59]

What maybe forgotten or missed is the huge number of russian casualties ,there are anti war protests, slightly mute at the moment but certainly a growing movement. Russian mothers love their kids as much as Ukrainian mothers and the lie about denazification is an open joke now ,they not fighting to defend the motherland as they were in 1945 but just on the whim of a madman , living in the past as ironically was Hitler . The authority can't hide the huge number of casualties despite what some idiot on here says to the contrary and the grip on power within is slowly slipping and Putin knows it hence the recent murder of Navalny and the ban of Anti-war candidate Boris Nadezhin who was prevented from standing in the recent elections , a candidate who it is said to been in second place behind Putin .

Russia TRIPLING its defence budget then on 10:09 - Feb 17 with 287 viewscontroversial_jack

Russia TRIPLING its defence budget then on 09:48 - Feb 17 by Boundy

What maybe forgotten or missed is the huge number of russian casualties ,there are anti war protests, slightly mute at the moment but certainly a growing movement. Russian mothers love their kids as much as Ukrainian mothers and the lie about denazification is an open joke now ,they not fighting to defend the motherland as they were in 1945 but just on the whim of a madman , living in the past as ironically was Hitler . The authority can't hide the huge number of casualties despite what some idiot on here says to the contrary and the grip on power within is slowly slipping and Putin knows it hence the recent murder of Navalny and the ban of Anti-war candidate Boris Nadezhin who was prevented from standing in the recent elections , a candidate who it is said to been in second place behind Putin .

Russia has had casualties as in any war, but the Ukraine has suffered about 7 times as many as Russia. That country has been decimated, with war casualties and others leaving for pastures new. Russia is getting about 16k volunteers per month to join the military, The Ukraine has none. All this for a proxy war between NATO and Russia, The US being the chief instigator.
Russia TRIPLING its defence budget then on 10:20 - Feb 17 with 284 viewsBoundy

Russia TRIPLING its defence budget then on 10:09 - Feb 17 by controversial_jack

Russia has had casualties as in any war, but the Ukraine has suffered about 7 times as many as Russia. That country has been decimated, with war casualties and others leaving for pastures new. Russia is getting about 16k volunteers per month to join the military, The Ukraine has none. All this for a proxy war between NATO and Russia, The US being the chief instigator.

Try again , or do us all a favour not .

Russia TRIPLING its defence budget then on 11:35 - Feb 17 with 260 viewsSullutaCreturned

Russia TRIPLING its defence budget then on 10:09 - Feb 17 by controversial_jack

Where do you get your numbers from? Pravda maybe?

All I can find is Ukraine has lost around half a million with Russia losing about 400k.

Those volunteers you mention, 16k per month, if they haven't lost so mnay troops and are winning so easily, why do they need so mnay fresh troops?
If Ukraine has nne why (given your claims on the numbers) has Ukraine not been swatted aside by now?
Russia tripled it's defence budget, got prisoners to fight and is begging for volunteers; not exactly signs that things are going as smoothly for the Russians as you always claim.

There's no doubt the Russians are gaining ground but it is costing them dearly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024