Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City Transfer News : Luke Williams lets his mask slip ever so slightly 08:00 - Jan 25 with 988 viewsSwansIndependent

Swansea City Transfer News : Luke Williams lets his mask slip ever so slightly 25th Jan 2024 08:00
Swansea City head coach Luke Williams has lowered his guard slightly over this months transfer movements, or lack of them as the transfer window progresses. He seemed prepared to an extent for no movement inwards whatsoever. This has to be the slowest January for some while, not many clubs are investing, will that be the Swans again ? 0

❌ marks the spot, click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City Transfer News : Luke Williams lets his mask slip ever so slightly on 08:45 - Jan 25 with 904 viewsunion_jack

I’m no fan of these owners but I’m prepared to believe that there is work going on behind the scenes and a genuine commitment to improving the squad. BUT, it’s no good making signings to sate the desires of the fans. That would be a waste if money more than likely.
This window is historically a difficult time to deal and this year it seems slower still. If clubs are inflating their prices then we should not bow to the pressures.
We all love the thrill of a new signing, and indeed we need some given our place in the league as well as injuries, but if the deals aren’t there to be done, don’t do them.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City Transfer News : Luke Williams lets his mask slip ever so slightly on 09:09 - Jan 25 with 870 viewspete

Swansea City Transfer News : Luke Williams lets his mask slip ever so slightly on 08:45 - Jan 25 by union_jack

I’m no fan of these owners but I’m prepared to believe that there is work going on behind the scenes and a genuine commitment to improving the squad. BUT, it’s no good making signings to sate the desires of the fans. That would be a waste if money more than likely.
This window is historically a difficult time to deal and this year it seems slower still. If clubs are inflating their prices then we should not bow to the pressures.
We all love the thrill of a new signing, and indeed we need some given our place in the league as well as injuries, but if the deals aren’t there to be done, don’t do them.

the problem to date has been the deals were there to be done and after agreeing them the owners over seas pulled the plug , that to me is why there is part reason why NOTHING coming out of the club apart from the usual hard work behind the scenes , the lad O, Reily was a case in point all agreed then Levene pulled the plug and our current chairman promising incomings is having a hard time getting things past the owner in d c maybe? we still have a couple of days (7) to get what everyone can see we need lets wait till 11.01 on the first and see how things fall or rise
Swansea City Transfer News : Luke Williams lets his mask slip ever so slightly on 15:41 - Jan 25 with 574 viewsJJJack

Swansea City Transfer News : Luke Williams lets his mask slip ever so slightly on 09:09 - Jan 25 by pete

the problem to date has been the deals were there to be done and after agreeing them the owners over seas pulled the plug , that to me is why there is part reason why NOTHING coming out of the club apart from the usual hard work behind the scenes , the lad O, Reily was a case in point all agreed then Levene pulled the plug and our current chairman promising incomings is having a hard time getting things past the owner in d c maybe? we still have a couple of days (7) to get what everyone can see we need lets wait till 11.01 on the first and see how things fall or rise

Much as I dislike our American owners, this isn't really a good or necessary time for us to be trading players. We aren't going anywhere this season barring some kind of freak set of results. I'd rather see us identify who/what we need for the summer and then back Williams to bring in said players and dispense of who he doesn't want/need.
Swansea City Transfer News : Luke Williams lets his mask slip ever so slightly on 17:03 - Jan 25 with 504 viewsjack247

Swansea City Transfer News : Luke Williams lets his mask slip ever so slightly on 15:41 - Jan 25 by JJJack

Much as I dislike our American owners, this isn't really a good or necessary time for us to be trading players. We aren't going anywhere this season barring some kind of freak set of results. I'd rather see us identify who/what we need for the summer and then back Williams to bring in said players and dispense of who he doesn't want/need.

We’ve got a lot of players out of contract this summer with a good chance Williams won’t want them or they won’t want to stay.

I agree with what you’re saying about league position and appreciate January isn’t the best window for signing decent players for reasonable money, but if we’re not careful, we’ll end up with a huge churn in the summer and before we know it, we’ll be in another ‘transitional season’ by October.
Swansea City Transfer News : Luke Williams lets his mask slip ever so slightly on 17:20 - Jan 25 with 484 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City Transfer News : Luke Williams lets his mask slip ever so slightly on 17:03 - Jan 25 by jack247

We’ve got a lot of players out of contract this summer with a good chance Williams won’t want them or they won’t want to stay.

I agree with what you’re saying about league position and appreciate January isn’t the best window for signing decent players for reasonable money, but if we’re not careful, we’ll end up with a huge churn in the summer and before we know it, we’ll be in another ‘transitional season’ by October.

A good and valid point.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City Transfer News : Luke Williams lets his mask slip ever so slightly on 18:25 - Jan 25 with 431 viewsmax936

Swansea City Transfer News : Luke Williams lets his mask slip ever so slightly on 17:03 - Jan 25 by jack247

This!

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024