Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time to ditch the Olympics 19:37 - Jan 29 with 705 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Chinese winter Olympics ended on 20 FEBRUARY 2022.

The IOC promoted the virtue of sporting excellence as well a peace and respect.

The RF out of respect of the IOC and it values started the invasion of Ukraine on 24 FEBRUARY 2022 which has seen thousands of innocent women and children killed and Ukrainian families split and displaced.

The timing of the mass murder of innocents was coordinated with the IOC events. "Finish the ice skating first then we attack". (It is sick)

Now event the games themselves were compromised. Its a can of worms.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/winter-sports/68127536

[Post edited 29 Jan 19:42]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Time to ditch the Olympics on 21:59 - Jan 29 with 634 viewsmajorraglan

There needs to be done serious soul searching at the IOC and the big countries who put lots of money in for TV rights etc need to ask a few difficult questions.

I see that a 15 year old Russian ice skater was banned today for a positive test which was administered before the Beijing Olympics. The skater tested positive in 2021, but news only came out after the Russian team she was a part of won gold. The Russian anti doping authority decided she didn’t need to be banned etc and allowed her to carry on, however WADA appealed the decision at the CAS and she was banned today.

There IOC also need to think long and hard about their decision to allow Russian athletes to compete in Paris as neutral athletes. The big countries who pays lots of cash for TV rights etc should refuse to purchase the rights if the IOC don’t clean up their sports. The Olympics are the pinnacle in many sports and lots of athletes train and dedicate their lives to participating, it would be wrong to deny them their dreams but the IOC should take action to stamp out the cheats. I for one won’t be watching the Olympics.
[Post edited 30 Jan 9:19]
Time to ditch the Olympics on 00:55 - Jan 30 with 604 viewsRobbie

Seems the Commonweatlh Games are struggling to find host Nations now .

Summer Olympics has always had scandal at its door , back to some dodgy East European weight lifters back in the day , Ben Johnson highlighted these issues later , Carl Lewis had his doubts at the start of that sprint final .

Lance Armstrong took pro cyclists , athletes and athletics to a new low level of trust .
Well done to the clean competitors still on the Gold Medal aim .

Coe , Steve Ovett , Steve Cram , probably that era was the last time I took a real interest .
Did follow Usain Bolt in 2012 London , probably the must watch event 100m final .

Backhanders , dodgy brown envelopes , give my your vote , scratch my back , no questions .
Now creeping into bids for The World Cup , Saudi next on the list for venues .

Politics and Sport should never mix , them ideals are long gone .
Time to ditch the Olympics on 14:59 - Jan 31 with 482 viewsWhiterockin

Just as popular as ever with the British public.

Paris 2024: British fans second only to hosts France for tickets bought - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/68152417
Time to ditch the Olympics on 22:35 - Jan 31 with 397 viewsKilkennyjack

TeamGB threatens our Cymru international football future.

TeamGB get in the bin.

Beware of the Risen People

Time to ditch the Olympics on 09:03 - Feb 1 with 359 viewsonehunglow

Time to ditch the Olympics on 00:55 - Jan 30 by Robbie

Seems the Commonweatlh Games are struggling to find host Nations now .

Summer Olympics has always had scandal at its door , back to some dodgy East European weight lifters back in the day , Ben Johnson highlighted these issues later , Carl Lewis had his doubts at the start of that sprint final .

Lance Armstrong took pro cyclists , athletes and athletics to a new low level of trust .
Well done to the clean competitors still on the Gold Medal aim .

Coe , Steve Ovett , Steve Cram , probably that era was the last time I took a real interest .
Did follow Usain Bolt in 2012 London , probably the must watch event 100m final .

Backhanders , dodgy brown envelopes , give my your vote , scratch my back , no questions .
Now creeping into bids for The World Cup , Saudi next on the list for venues .

Politics and Sport should never mix , them ideals are long gone .

Reason why these Olympics leave me cold

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024