Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone interested in the superbowl ? 20:18 - Feb 10 with 2843 viewsKeithHaynes

Tomorrow apparently.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Anyone interested in the superbowl ? on 22:32 - Feb 12 with 659 viewsGwyn737

Anyone interested in the superbowl ? on 21:34 - Feb 12 by Flashberryjack

"I don’t get the mindset of people who are so keen to tell other people what they like is rubbish"

The op asked "anyone interested in the superbowl" some like it others don't.

More of general observation, really.

If you said you liked a particular band and I didn’t, I wouldn’t feel the need to tell you.
Anyone interested in the superbowl ? on 22:33 - Feb 12 with 653 viewsGwyn737

Anyone interested in the superbowl ? on 21:56 - Feb 12 by Dr_Winston

Rugby's not really an endurance sport these days.

Mostly these days you've got musclebound, maybe even 'roided up types battering each other before being substituted after less than an hour because they can't handle any more. Most footballers cover a hell of a lot more ground in the same time.

It is compared to American Football. That’s my point.
Anyone interested in the superbowl ? on 08:53 - Feb 13 with 579 viewsonehunglow

Anyone interested in the superbowl ? on 22:33 - Feb 12 by Gwyn737

It is compared to American Football. That’s my point.

None of our props are muscle bound,simply carrying far too much fat,even in their early twenties .
Much of the muscle ,Winston refers to,is in the threequarters where the greatest difference is evident form days of yore .
I played No 10 when under 12 stone,wings were often slight like JJ, Few could get away with that now.
It’s still a very tough game where you will get hurt and few if any places to hide .
Compared with football where some players can hide .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Anyone interested in the superbowl ? on 09:26 - Feb 13 with 567 viewsDr_Winston

There aren't enough players on a team for anyone to "hide" in football. It's one of the more idiotic things said to criticise players. Jay Fulton was frequently accused of it. Jay Fulton FFS.

Compare to Rugby where the ball is often basically motionless yet somehow considered in play for minutes at a time and a lot of players can take a breather.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Anyone interested in the superbowl ? on 09:30 - Feb 13 with 563 viewsonehunglow

Even a cursory look at any Rugby League game will see all players are involved and all have to take physical contact .
It’s a futile argument so I’m bailing out thanks
Hatred of Rugby football on Wales often runs deep

Anyone interested in the superbowl ? on 09:35 - Feb 13 with 559 viewsDr_Winston

Rugby League is a different kettle of fish. That is at least often fast paced and entertaining in a way that Union simply isn't. Union is a dull sport. Much like NFL really.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Anyone interested in the superbowl ? on 09:37 - Feb 13 with 557 viewsonehunglow

A thread about American football goes west .

Anyone interested in the superbowl ? on 14:09 - Feb 13 with 520 viewsFlashberryjack

Anyone interested in the superbowl ? on 22:32 - Feb 12 by Gwyn737

More of general observation, really.

If you said you liked a particular band and I didn’t, I wouldn’t feel the need to tell you.

But you would if I asked you, just like the OP did.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone interested in the superbowl ? on 14:43 - Feb 13 with 499 viewsGwyn737

Anyone interested in the superbowl ? on 14:09 - Feb 13 by Flashberryjack

But you would if I asked you, just like the OP did.

No. I wouldn’t.

In the same way if an OP asked me if I was interested in jazz music, there’s a chance I may say it’s not my cup of tea but I wouldn’t tell fans they’re wrong to enjoy it, or that the musicians are rubbish, or list music that’s ‘better’.
Anyone interested in the superbowl ? on 15:00 - Feb 13 with 479 viewsunion_jack

Anyone interested in the superbowl ? on 09:35 - Feb 13 by Dr_Winston

Rugby League is a different kettle of fish. That is at least often fast paced and entertaining in a way that Union simply isn't. Union is a dull sport. Much like NFL really.

Are you referring to me?😡

😂

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Anyone interested in the superbowl ? on 16:54 - Feb 13 with 446 viewsFlashberryjack

Anyone interested in the superbowl ? on 14:43 - Feb 13 by Gwyn737

No. I wouldn’t.

In the same way if an OP asked me if I was interested in jazz music, there’s a chance I may say it’s not my cup of tea but I wouldn’t tell fans they’re wrong to enjoy it, or that the musicians are rubbish, or list music that’s ‘better’.

I didn't say fans were wrong to watch it, and if my memory serves me, neither did any other poster, they just said they did or didn't like it to various degree's of taste.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Anyone interested in the superbowl ? on 18:12 - Feb 13 with 413 viewsGwyn737

Anyone interested in the superbowl ? on 16:54 - Feb 13 by Flashberryjack

I didn't say fans were wrong to watch it, and if my memory serves me, neither did any other poster, they just said they did or didn't like it to various degree's of taste.

Again, that’s my point.

If there was a thread on jazz, I wouldn’t keep going on it to rubbish it.

How you enjoyed your Masked Singer marathon 😉
Anyone interested in the superbowl ? on 18:12 - Feb 13 with 413 viewsshingle

Anyone interested in the superbowl ? on 18:54 - Feb 12 by Gwyn737

That’s my point. They wouldn’t happen.

The gear means the players hit like missiles.

They’re different sports - rugby (which is actually my favourite sport of all) is as endurance sport. American football is more explosive.

Great game last night - I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I don’t get the mindset of people who are so keen to tell other people what they like is rubbish.

Hit like missiles because they know they are fully protected it is like a load of Michelin men running into each other lol you probably love the Saturday night Gladiators TV show as well and if that is what you enjoy then good for you.
Anyone interested in the superbowl ? on 18:57 - Feb 13 with 391 viewsGwyn737

Anyone interested in the superbowl ? on 18:12 - Feb 13 by shingle

Hit like missiles because they know they are fully protected it is like a load of Michelin men running into each other lol you probably love the Saturday night Gladiators TV show as well and if that is what you enjoy then good for you.

Do you watch a lot of NFL?
Anyone interested in the superbowl ? on 18:29 - Feb 14 with 324 viewsshingle

Anyone interested in the superbowl ? on 18:57 - Feb 13 by Gwyn737

Do you watch a lot of NFL?

Not really, i was on a training course for MMA a good few years back in Florida and went to watch Tampa Bay Buccaneers and actually thought the build up was a good laugh and fun, but once the game stated for me it was sleep inducing and watching them with so much protection on made it look a little false, as i came away thinking those guys would never be that aggressive without all that gear and without it would probably get mangled on a rugby field, i can see why the rest of the world have no interest in it.
Anyone interested in the superbowl ? on 23:45 - Feb 15 with 277 viewsGwyn737

Anyone interested in the superbowl ? on 18:29 - Feb 14 by shingle

Not really, i was on a training course for MMA a good few years back in Florida and went to watch Tampa Bay Buccaneers and actually thought the build up was a good laugh and fun, but once the game stated for me it was sleep inducing and watching them with so much protection on made it look a little false, as i came away thinking those guys would never be that aggressive without all that gear and without it would probably get mangled on a rugby field, i can see why the rest of the world have no interest in it.

One game then?

No looking at injury stats? Or the combine? Or force of hits?
Anyone interested in the superbowl ? on 23:50 - Feb 15 with 275 viewsDr_Winston

Anyone interested in the superbowl ? on 23:45 - Feb 15 by Gwyn737

One game then?

I don't doubt the physical attributes or bravery of those involved. If anything the amount of protection makes potential injuries even worse due to the false sense of safety that padding and helmets provide.

It's just not a very entertaining sport. Much like Rugby Union it's very stop/start. The odd 30-40 seconds of frenzied action punctuated by several minutes of not much going on.

Anyone interested in the superbowl ? on 09:55 - Feb 16 with 233 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Amazingly the attendances at championship and league one playoffs is higher than the super bowl final.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Anyone interested in the superbowl ? on 10:26 - Feb 16 with 215 viewsGwyn737

Anyone interested in the superbowl ? on 09:55 - Feb 16 by felixstowe_jack

Amazingly the attendances at championship and league one playoffs is higher than the super bowl final.

Depends where it’s staged.

This years venue had a capacity of 65k.
Anyone interested in the superbowl ? on 18:10 - Feb 16 with 165 viewsshingle

Anyone interested in the superbowl ? on 23:45 - Feb 15 by Gwyn737

One game then?

Again you need to grasp and try to understand the force of hits is down to all the protective padding they have protecting them from big hits, common sense tells you that, the safety barrier of being protected eliminates a lot of the fear as for the stats the biggest injuries are muscle injuries, pulled hamstrings etc and not the series injuries which obviously happen but are small in comparison so it is the likes of muscle injuries that increase injury stats. same applies to most sports especially contact sports were the Athletes do not have the luxury of head to toe padding to protect them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024