Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leeds 23:02 - Feb 10 with 2535 viewsbuilthjack

There are still about 3000 empty seats. Surely this will be close to a sellout?
The normally empty North West corner is about sold out. Obviously Leeds fans from nearby.
Should be a good atmosphere.
1-1.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Leeds on 23:51 - Feb 10 with 1976 viewsKeithHaynes

2-1, 19,439

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Leeds on 07:35 - Feb 11 with 1853 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Leeds on 23:51 - Feb 10 by KeithHaynes

2-1, 19,439

Actually 19438 I'm working.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Leeds on 07:56 - Feb 11 with 1823 viewsWhiterockin

Live on Sky Sports Arena, some home fans who need to travel won't midweek.
Leeds on 10:42 - Feb 11 with 1636 viewspembsjack

Be shocked if its not full, especially after yesterdays performance. Its a narrow loss for me, but as long as we try to play like yesterday I'll be happy.
Leeds on 12:08 - Feb 11 with 1565 viewsEagleEye

Leeds on 10:42 - Feb 11 by pembsjack

Be shocked if its not full, especially after yesterdays performance. Its a narrow loss for me, but as long as we try to play like yesterday I'll be happy.

I’d be amazed if it sells out. In years gone by this would have been the biggest home fixture of the season. However the poor results, performances, modus operandi & lack of ambition of the owners is really biting now. Add in a wet Tuesday night & tv coverage & sadly a big hit will be taken by the club & local business.

It will take a significant turnaround (more than 1 performance) to get many of the lost fans back. Maybe a good start to next season & a few more decent signings … we can all hope
Leeds on 12:09 - Feb 11 with 1545 viewsonehunglow

Leeds on 12:08 - Feb 11 by EagleEye

I’d be amazed if it sells out. In years gone by this would have been the biggest home fixture of the season. However the poor results, performances, modus operandi & lack of ambition of the owners is really biting now. Add in a wet Tuesday night & tv coverage & sadly a big hit will be taken by the club & local business.

It will take a significant turnaround (more than 1 performance) to get many of the lost fans back. Maybe a good start to next season & a few more decent signings … we can all hope

It's not easy to attract back lost fans
Much damage been done and has to be repaired

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Leeds on 12:10 - Feb 11 with 1545 viewsWhiterockin

I think the biggest change nowadays is the number of armchair supporters who prefer to stream.
Leeds on 12:41 - Feb 11 with 1481 viewsEagleEye

Leeds on 12:10 - Feb 11 by Whiterockin

I think the biggest change nowadays is the number of armchair supporters who prefer to stream.

Agree,the number of streamers & armchair supporters is growing but that applies to all clubs. Our club needs a boost that can only be achieved by on field performances, results & some ambition. Other viewpoints are of course available
[Post edited 11 Feb 12:41]
Login to get fewer ads

Leeds on 12:46 - Feb 11 with 1465 viewsKeithHaynes

Leeds on 12:09 - Feb 11 by onehunglow

It's not easy to attract back lost fans
Much damage been done and has to be repaired

Too much damage for some.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Leeds on 12:56 - Feb 11 with 1431 viewsWhiterockin

Leeds on 12:46 - Feb 11 by KeithHaynes

True, attending live matches is a habit, stop going for whatever reason and its hard to start again, I've seen it with ticket holders by me.
Leeds on 14:00 - Feb 11 with 1342 viewsonehunglow

Leeds on 12:46 - Feb 11 by KeithHaynes

Yeah.
I well remember me old grandad going “ never again” ,but he kept going until he died .
It shouldn’t be a duty to go to our home games when one lives there .
It should be automatic or simply a gut thing .

Leeds on 14:17 - Feb 11 with 1324 viewsandrew

Not a great deal of seats left, west and east mainly gone with half the family stand left.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Leeds on 14:25 - Feb 11 with 1314 viewsEagleEye

Leeds on 14:17 - Feb 11 by andrew

Not a great deal of seats left, west and east mainly gone with half the family stand left.

Well that’s good news. A big turnout, big performance & a win would be the best possible scenario to get some more bums on seats for the next couple of games.
Leeds on 14:35 - Feb 11 with 1299 viewsbuilthjack

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Leeds on 15:23 - Feb 11 with 1245 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Our fans are some of the most fickle in the EFL. Only Rotherham and Blackburn have smaller crowds than us in tye Championship. Six teams below us, playing worse than us, have bigger average attendances.

After 15 unbroken years in the top two division our core support is down to 14,000. We rely on visiting teams selling their entire ticket allocation to get to 16,000. Even when we have attractive opposition we barely manage 18,000.

Says all you need to know about our supporters.

Look at Bradford 15 years in the lower two divisions and they still get 17,000.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Leeds on 15:30 - Feb 11 with 1232 viewsbuilthjack

Leeds on 15:23 - Feb 11 by felixstowe_jack

Our fans are some of the most fickle in the EFL. Only Rotherham and Blackburn have smaller crowds than us in tye Championship. Six teams below us, playing worse than us, have bigger average attendances.

After 15 unbroken years in the top two division our core support is down to 14,000. We rely on visiting teams selling their entire ticket allocation to get to 16,000. Even when we have attractive opposition we barely manage 18,000.

Totally agree. Maybe the Premier League put ideas in fans heads.
The owners don’t help mind you.

Leeds on 15:35 - Feb 11 with 1219 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Leeds on 15:30 - Feb 11 by builthjack

Totally agree. Maybe the Premier League put ideas in fans heads.
The owners don’t help mind you.

Lots of clubs in the championship have far worse owners than us.

Leeds on 15:45 - Feb 11 with 1181 viewsWhiterockin

Leeds on 15:35 - Feb 11 by felixstowe_jack

Lots of clubs in the championship have far worse owners than us.

I think that this hard to judge without full clarity.
Leeds on 16:37 - Feb 11 with 1110 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Leeds on 15:45 - Feb 11 by Whiterockin

I think that this hard to judge without full clarity.

You just have to look at the number of clubs in the championship who have protested about their owners thus season, especially with sacking popular managers and appointing unpopular ones. Plus of course most clubs in the championship have far higher debts than Swansea.

Leeds on 16:55 - Feb 11 with 1081 viewsWhiterockin

Leeds on 16:37 - Feb 11 by felixstowe_jack

You just have to look at the number of clubs in the championship who have protested about their owners thus season, especially with sacking popular managers and appointing unpopular ones. Plus of course most clubs in the championship have far higher debts than Swansea.

Without clarity we do not know what the debts are if any. Can you explain what the three charges still remaining at Companies House for SWANSEA CITY ASSOCIATION FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED(THE) are?

One each to
Fasanara Capital LTD
The Bank of New York Mellon, London Branch
Macquarie Bank Limited, London Branch

Just as an explanation of what a charge is.

A charge is a form of security that a company provides to a lender.

The charge is over an asset. This gives the lender the right to take said asset and the proceeds of any sale of the asset, if the terms of agreement between the company and the lender are not met.

Put simply, the lender can recoup the loan they gave by taking on and selling the asset or assets in question.

For example, a mortgage could be considered a type of charge. This is because, if the lender is not paid back, the ownership of the property is transferred to the lender.

The last two charges came into effect in last summers transfer window and the summer before.

Any thoughts?
Leeds on 17:32 - Feb 11 with 1012 viewsowainglyndwr

After yesterday's result I hope the supporter of Swansea city turn up, after all the team turn up on Saturday so let's make this loud and proud
Leeds on 18:08 - Feb 11 with 969 views1983

Horrible club and horrible deluded rascist bully fans.

Leeds on 18:43 - Feb 11 with 927 viewsEagleEye

Leeds on 15:23 - Feb 11 by felixstowe_jack

All clubs have peaks & troughs with support levels. The core support of around 14k is not far off where we were before promotion to the EPL. The biggest denominators in determining crowd size are catchment population, results & performances on the pitch. Disenchantment with ownership & low wages in the area also play a part.

Not sure why you would compare a city the size of Bradford with Swansea. Of the teams below us Birmingham & Sheff Weds have huge population density on their doorstep. We are probably on a par with the likes of Stoke, QPR, Huddersfield & Millwall in terms of our ‘size’.Our downward trajectory puts us at a disadvantage just now but some improvement on the pitch & ambition from the club owners would make a difference.
Leeds on 20:06 - Feb 11 with 862 viewsonehunglow

Leeds on 18:43 - Feb 11 by EagleEye

All clubs have peaks & troughs with support levels. The core support of around 14k is not far off where we were before promotion to the EPL. The biggest denominators in determining crowd size are catchment population, results & performances on the pitch. Disenchantment with ownership & low wages in the area also play a part.

Not sure why you would compare a city the size of Bradford with Swansea. Of the teams below us Birmingham & Sheff Weds have huge population density on their doorstep. We are probably on a par with the likes of Stoke, QPR, Huddersfield & Millwall in terms of our ‘size’.Our downward trajectory puts us at a disadvantage just now but some improvement on the pitch & ambition from the club owners would make a difference.

I lived in Swansea for the first 26 years of my life
I never thought of it as in any way small
It's a sizeable sprawling collection of industrial villages and outlying semi rural areas
It has a beating heart
It has character formed by its people
There is a cloud of small minded blworlocks that has held us back in that we really don't belong in the upper echelons as we used to get 3000 gates and get stuffed by the likes of Workington Town
Wolves and indeed Man city have had to go to outposts to play and we forget
We tumbled out of the Prem in an unforgivable manner and yeah we deserve to be there more than Brentford FC ffs or Bournemouth
We need to remember that and be proud

Leeds on 21:29 - Feb 11 with 797 viewsBoundy

I'm torn between supporting us or going to support my grandson playing in the JD Cymru league ,two big games in their own way .I know which it'll be although I am hoping for heavy rain and his game is called off

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024