Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread 00:30 - Feb 11 with 15091 viewsModeratorC

Leeds United, glory, glory Leeds United ! They took years and years to get to the Premier League and then got relegated. They got very annoyed with Huw Jenkins who pulled the deal for Dan James to go to Leeds for a silly fee. Some say he switched his phone off but the truth is he just didn’t answer it.

The Swans made millions of pounds on the back of that cunning plan.

Swansea City v Leeds United : This one is for Chris ! 11th Feb 2024 17:21
It was only a few days ago I was chatting to Chris Brown, anyone on social media will be aware of Chris who formed friendships with Oli McBurnie and Lee Trundle - such was his love of the Swans. We are going to dedicate this game to Chris, and we are certain the club will do this as well come Tuesday night. 0

Swans prepare for Leeds United with more injury concerns 12th Feb 2024 08:00
It’s a quick turnaround for the Swans today, fresh from a day off, injuries and knocks will be assessed, a few hours on the grass before planning and preparation for tomorrow nights game against Leeds United. The unique planning that Luke Williams puts in to a game will also feature today away from the training areas. 0

Swans given no chance tonight - Just the way we like it ! 13th Feb 2024 08:00
The ‘professional punters’ the journalists and even Leeds United fans are confident of steamrolling Swansea City tonight. The facts and figures are there for all to see, Leeds have won all of their last six games and are a free scoring confident side. The Swans have won two of their last six. 0

Swansea outclassed as Leeds United win by four goals 13th Feb 2024 22:21
Swansea City were outclassed by their opponents Leeds United at the Swansea.Com Stadium this evening. From the first minute to the last the visitors strolled through the game and could have scored far more.The Swans did have their chances but the few they had they failed to take as another big loss was again witnessed by Swansea fans. 0

Luke at a loss. Bravery, commitment & intensity all missing 14th Feb 2024 09:39
Luke Williams was possibly the most disappointed we have seen him after a Swans game last night. Reflecting on the match he was critical and frustrated with his team. And his words were remarkably similar to that of Russell Martin last season. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 18:28 - Feb 14 with 755 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 00:50 - Feb 14 by Treforys_Jack

That result and performance hasn't dented my belief that we'll get it right. However can someone confirm the formation please, because it was a little confusing at the ground. Was it 4,2,3,1 ? Or something else entirely.
Not sure if Leeds were exceptional or we were abject or both. We need to sort the middle of midfield out as it clearly isn't working, also Cullen should never be a lone striker, poor sod didn't have a chance. Ampadu and Rodon were class and controlled the game in front of them, the way the Leeds attacking players found space was a tad worrying.
The spine of our team looks shot of confidence at the moment, Cabango, Wood, Grimes, Fulton and whoever we play up top.

Been saying about our midfield for most of the season, Fulton and Grimes is a shocking paring, why those at the club haven't seen it I don't know, maybe it works like clockwork on the "Training" pitch, but it virtually seedless on match day.

Both Grimes and Fulton can pack their bags in my opinion, probably more so Fulton he offers zilch, I've previously stuck up for him and praised him, but enough is enough now for me, need fresh blood in the middle of the park in the summer, its become stagnant there's no guile or thought in there.

Walsh was the hope, but I don't think he's ever gonna be able to put a significant run of games together, Joey isn't able to consistently play 90 minutes and suffers injuries etc.

So we need a rethink and a revamp in the midfield, a genuine box to box player and a DM worth his salt and an AM.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 18:37 - Feb 14 with 742 viewsEagleEye

Irrespective of the poor quality players that we have I can’t see what LW was thinking not making any subs at half time when the writing was well & truly on the wall. Then when he does make changes they are like-for-like almost as if they were premeditated to happen if things were going to plan. Surely making like-for-like type changes Allen & Yates for Cullen & Fulton only made sense to one person. Utterly & totally bizarre. As weird as Gatland taking off the hooker last Saturday & putting one on who can’t throw the ball straight.

Making the same mistakes nearly every game now tactically - worrying times
Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 18:45 - Feb 14 with 705 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 18:37 - Feb 14 by EagleEye

Irrespective of the poor quality players that we have I can’t see what LW was thinking not making any subs at half time when the writing was well & truly on the wall. Then when he does make changes they are like-for-like almost as if they were premeditated to happen if things were going to plan. Surely making like-for-like type changes Allen & Yates for Cullen & Fulton only made sense to one person. Utterly & totally bizarre. As weird as Gatland taking off the hooker last Saturday & putting one on who can’t throw the ball straight.

Making the same mistakes nearly every game now tactically - worrying times

Have you read the piece on Mykola and about the use of data and stats? it seems on reading the piece that they make most if not all footballing decisions on Data and Stats, absolute madness in my eyes if that is the case, not getting this Watson character at all, in fact we've got worse since he's been here, what may have worked at Luton doesn't mean it'll work at other Clubs, its Madness.

Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 19:12 - Feb 14 with 644 viewsEagleEye

Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 18:45 - Feb 14 by max936

Have you read the piece on Mykola and about the use of data and stats? it seems on reading the piece that they make most if not all footballing decisions on Data and Stats, absolute madness in my eyes if that is the case, not getting this Watson character at all, in fact we've got worse since he's been here, what may have worked at Luton doesn't mean it'll work at other Clubs, its Madness.

The whole operation has me shaking my head in disbelief at what is unfolding in front of our very eyes. Not just the recruitment fiasco but the selection, tactics & substitutions being deployed by LW. Naïveté doesn’t even scratch the surface. As for Watson, leaving a club pushing for promotion to join us says more about how valued he was by Luton than what a coup it was for us to get him.

As for stats & data that is the American way. It’s not working & it won’t work without proper scouting & effective coaching. Surely by now the coach realises that most of these players are out of their depth in this division. For him to think that we are capable of out footballing Leeds, Leicester, Southampton, AFCB leaves me totally dumbfounded. Listened to Tony Pulis on TalkRadio yesterday where he quite simply explained that clean sheets earn more points than scoring 1 goal per game over the course of a season. His football was dire but he knew how to stem the tide & make Stoke difficult to beat on their own ground. I could think of worse places to start …
Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 20:34 - Feb 14 with 530 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 19:12 - Feb 14 by EagleEye

The whole operation has me shaking my head in disbelief at what is unfolding in front of our very eyes. Not just the recruitment fiasco but the selection, tactics & substitutions being deployed by LW. Naïveté doesn’t even scratch the surface. As for Watson, leaving a club pushing for promotion to join us says more about how valued he was by Luton than what a coup it was for us to get him.

As for stats & data that is the American way. It’s not working & it won’t work without proper scouting & effective coaching. Surely by now the coach realises that most of these players are out of their depth in this division. For him to think that we are capable of out footballing Leeds, Leicester, Southampton, AFCB leaves me totally dumbfounded. Listened to Tony Pulis on TalkRadio yesterday where he quite simply explained that clean sheets earn more points than scoring 1 goal per game over the course of a season. His football was dire but he knew how to stem the tide & make Stoke difficult to beat on their own ground. I could think of worse places to start …

Had we employed Pauli’s,we would still be in Premier League and if not certainly not the fey basket case we are currently
Football dire?
What exactly is ours right now .not dire but shameful

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 21:48 - Feb 14 with 454 viewsPawelAbbott

Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 18:28 - Feb 14 by max936

Been saying about our midfield for most of the season, Fulton and Grimes is a shocking paring, why those at the club haven't seen it I don't know, maybe it works like clockwork on the "Training" pitch, but it virtually seedless on match day.

Both Grimes and Fulton can pack their bags in my opinion, probably more so Fulton he offers zilch, I've previously stuck up for him and praised him, but enough is enough now for me, need fresh blood in the middle of the park in the summer, its become stagnant there's no guile or thought in there.

Walsh was the hope, but I don't think he's ever gonna be able to put a significant run of games together, Joey isn't able to consistently play 90 minutes and suffers injuries etc.

So we need a rethink and a revamp in the midfield, a genuine box to box player and a DM worth his salt and an AM.

The reason that Grimes and Fulton start is because we don't have much else.
Patino is going to play the CAM role or Paterson.
But, for midfielders we have no other options other than a crocked Joe Allen.
It's great that we brought in Wingers but what we really needed was quality in the midfield
Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 22:11 - Feb 14 with 427 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 21:48 - Feb 14 by PawelAbbott

It's great that we brought in Wingers but what we really needed was quality in the midfield

I know, that's what I mean, we needed one winger at least yes, but the midfield was in major need of a freshen up, apparently two players turned us, maybe one or both were midfielder's, who knows.

Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 08:46 - Feb 15 with 349 viewsRichardO

Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 21:48 - Feb 14 by PawelAbbott

We have seen what a bit more revs in the engine room does for us. The likes of Cundle , Patino and even Cooper they may not be the finished article by any means but there is a balance between having players who can put their foot on the ball and those that can keep up with the pace of the game. The middle of the park against Hull were on top of the game but it seemed that fear of Leeds meant while the forwards did the press the midfielders didn't know if to step up as they did Hull and close the game down or drop deep to cover and were caught in no man's land.
[Post edited 15 Feb 13:03]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024