Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Two more nails in the Tory coffin 09:17 - Feb 17 with 1480 viewsjohnlangy

Brilliant results on Thursday. Roll on the GE where the Tories will be annihilated
Two more nails in the Tory coffin on 09:21 - Feb 17 with 994 viewsonehunglow

What champagne you having?
I ll be more worried about my country with Starmer and his anti semetic crew lauding it as they will because the Tories will be slaughtered .
Worrying times ahead
Few political figures worthy

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Two more nails in the Tory coffin on 09:21 - Feb 17 with 991 viewsKilkennyjack

Preach John, preach …..

Johnson - gone
tories - going soon
Brexit - you are next ….minimum EU alignment needed …

Trump had a good beating yesterday as well.

Happy days for progressive people.
Personally, I hope Starmer is as woke af.

Beware of the Risen People

Two more nails in the Tory coffin on 09:26 - Feb 17 with 984 viewsonehunglow

Two more nails in the Tory coffin on 09:21 - Feb 17 by Kilkennyjack

Preach John, preach …..

Johnson - gone
tories - going soon
Brexit - you are next ….minimum EU alignment needed …

Trump had a good beating yesterday as well.

Happy days for progressive people.
Personally, I hope Starmer is as woke af.

Trump ?
What happened Killy?
I e been in my music room a lot
It’s all too depressing is this world

Two more nails in the Tory coffin on 09:29 - Feb 17 with 985 viewsWhiterockin

Without a doubt Labour will win the next election but I don't think you can look at these two results and just compare it to a GE. 37/38% turnout and midterm is not a true reflection. Personally I don't think Labour will get an overall majority and will have to do a deal with someone.
Two more nails in the Tory coffin on 09:35 - Feb 17 with 973 viewsjohnlangy

Two more nails in the Tory coffin on 09:21 - Feb 17 by onehunglow

What champagne you having?
I ll be more worried about my country with Starmer and his anti semetic crew lauding it as they will because the Tories will be slaughtered .
Worrying times ahead
Few political figures worthy

More like a glass of nice malt ohl. That'll do for me.
Two more nails in the Tory coffin on 09:43 - Feb 17 with 957 viewsjohnlangy

Two more nails in the Tory coffin on 09:29 - Feb 17 by Whiterockin

Without a doubt Labour will win the next election but I don't think you can look at these two results and just compare it to a GE. 37/38% turnout and midterm is not a true reflection. Personally I don't think Labour will get an overall majority and will have to do a deal with someone.

To compare two by election results to the possible result in a GE would be silly. But there have been ten by elections, I believe, since the last GE and barring the freak ULEZ result in ??? (was it Uxbridge ?) the Tories have been hammered.

And because Rishi calls them midterm results doesn't make that the truth. We are just months away from the end of a five year term. Who in all honesty can call this midterm.
Two more nails in the Tory coffin on 09:48 - Feb 17 with 946 viewsDr_Winston

One thing that is quite noticeable about these various by-elections is that the Labour vote isn't increasing by any significant percentage. In Kingswood it actually dropped by 5000. What we're seeing is not people enthusiastically rushing out to vote Labour as they did in 1997. We're seeing a collapse in the Tory vote.

Labour will, in all probability win the next election and they need to, but they'll need to have a good first term in office because it could easily change back if Rishi's eventual replacement has anything about them.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Two more nails in the Tory coffin on 09:49 - Feb 17 with 939 viewsBoundy

Put a cat in as a candidate against a tory and the cat would win ,so no real surprise there.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Login to get fewer ads

Two more nails in the Tory coffin on 09:56 - Feb 17 with 923 viewsonehunglow

Two more nails in the Tory coffin on 09:35 - Feb 17 by johnlangy

More like a glass of nice malt ohl. That'll do for me.

Tidy

Two more nails in the Tory coffin on 10:01 - Feb 17 with 922 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Two more nails in the Tory coffin on 09:48 - Feb 17 by Dr_Winston

One thing that is quite noticeable about these various by-elections is that the Labour vote isn't increasing by any significant percentage. In Kingswood it actually dropped by 5000. What we're seeing is not people enthusiastically rushing out to vote Labour as they did in 1997. We're seeing a collapse in the Tory vote.

Labour will, in all probability win the next election and they need to, but they'll need to have a good first term in office because it could easily change back if Rishi's eventual replacement has anything about them.

Reform on 13% that’s mental.

Lib Dem’s nowhere to be seen under whoever the leader is this week.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Two more nails in the Tory coffin on 10:07 - Feb 17 with 911 viewsBoundy

Two more nails in the Tory coffin on 10:01 - Feb 17 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Reform ,an overall of the political system is what's needed , certainly a complete clear out in the Welsh political system

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Two more nails in the Tory coffin on 10:08 - Feb 17 with 913 viewsGwyn737

Two more nails in the Tory coffin on 10:01 - Feb 17 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

That Reform figure gives more certainty that the 8 to 10% they’ve been achieving is national polls has some certainty about it.

This is awful news for the Tories because they’re going to chase that vote, going more and more to the right leaving the centre ground for Labour.

The Tories in time will have to change direction or they’ll be out of power for a generation.
Two more nails in the Tory coffin on 11:38 - Feb 17 with 866 viewsKilkennyjack

Two more nails in the Tory coffin on 09:26 - Feb 17 by onehunglow

Trump ?
What happened Killy?
I e been in my music room a lot
It’s all too depressing is this world

Ohl - good news my old friend, newyddion da ….

😂

Beware of the Risen People

Two more nails in the Tory coffin on 13:38 - Feb 17 with 820 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Two more nails in the Tory coffin on 10:08 - Feb 17 by Gwyn737

That Reform figure gives more certainty that the 8 to 10% they’ve been achieving is national polls has some certainty about it.

This is awful news for the Tories because they’re going to chase that vote, going more and more to the right leaving the centre ground for Labour.

The Tories in time will have to change direction or they’ll be out of power for a generation.

The flip side is we have a situation where labour will get in with a landslide and they don’t even have to put any effort in, they don’t have many (or any) actual policies and the evidence from their running of wales into the ground for the last quarter of a century suggests they won’t be any better than the bunch of clowns incumbent at the moment. Our system is completely broken.

Two more nails in the Tory coffin on 13:51 - Feb 17 with 805 viewsonehunglow

Two more nails in the Tory coffin on 13:38 - Feb 17 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

The flip side is we have a situation where labour will get in with a landslide and they don’t even have to put any effort in, they don’t have many (or any) actual policies and the evidence from their running of wales into the ground for the last quarter of a century suggests they won’t be any better than the bunch of clowns incumbent at the moment. Our system is completely broken.

Tories biggest problem is their insouciance
They don’t even look worried
They should be
Many will lose their seats

Two more nails in the Tory coffin on 14:18 - Feb 17 with 794 viewsGwyn737

I’m still quite positive about Starmer and this centrist version of Labour is far more in line with my stance than previous incarnations.

But… I agree with everything else you posted. It is a damning reflection on the Tories that they’ve done such a shambolic job the most effective strategy for Labour is to do nothing while the government continues to shoot itself in the foot.
Two more nails in the Tory coffin on 14:31 - Feb 17 with 787 viewsonehunglow

Two more nails in the Tory coffin on 14:18 - Feb 17 by Gwyn737

I’m still quite positive about Starmer and this centrist version of Labour is far more in line with my stance than previous incarnations.

But… I agree with everything else you posted. It is a damning reflection on the Tories that they’ve done such a shambolic job the most effective strategy for Labour is to do nothing while the government continues to shoot itself in the foot.

Tories are an embarrassment

Two more nails in the Tory coffin on 14:48 - Feb 17 with 777 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Two more nails in the Tory coffin on 14:18 - Feb 17 by Gwyn737

In any democracy you need a strong government and a strong opposition who are essentially a government in waiting ready to step in at a moment’s notice with a viable alternative. We haven’t had either for decades.

Two more nails in the Tory coffin on 14:50 - Feb 17 with 772 viewsonehunglow

Two more nails in the Tory coffin on 11:38 - Feb 17 by Kilkennyjack

Ohl - good news my old friend, newyddion da ….

😂

And more to come Killy

I would like to see him truly humiliated out of sight

He’s a stain on humanity

Where’s Melania these days ?

Two more nails in the Tory coffin on 18:18 - Feb 17 with 732 viewsjohnlangy

You're right JON. They may not be any better. On the other hand they may be. It has to go one way or the other. And in my opinion they will be better. By how much is the only question.

With the Tories on the other hand, it's not an opinion to say they are useless clowns because they've proved many times over that's exactly what they are.
Two more nails in the Tory coffin on 19:41 - Feb 17 with 677 viewsWingstandwood

It should still be an interesting upcoming general election despite the inevitability of a Labour victory. What’ll make it interesting is stuff like the turnout, which I predict will be very low, because Labour does not excite traditional working class voters of type that voted for Brexit or voted Conservative to create the Red Wall.

The Metropolitan elitist and WOKE deranged Labour party has very little in common with ‘white-van-man’ stereotypes who the likes of Emily Thornberry etc sneer at anyhow.

And the Conservative Party is well and truly up sh1t creek, because many of its voters feel betrayed with issues like immigration and the U.K’s population explosion which is a catastrophe.

So you’ve got two political parties that are vastly more likely imo to create mass-apathy amongst many of their own natural supporters/voters.

What’ll really add extra seasoning to a forthcoming general election is the rise of The Reform Party, especially if its support continues to grow and if there is a mass defection of Conservative M.P’s.

That’ll create a lot of headlines and publicity that’ll be very welcome to The Reform Party machine/strategy team. A case of get the popcorn ready, cos there looks to be a load of infighting and melodrama ahead! M.P's who are guaranteed to lose their seat are sure going to be impossible to shut up!!!!

I do ponder if the Conservatives will propose to abolish ECHR law(s). Too little too late and I guess many will not believe it, or at the very least will think it’ll be a case of “more of the same” even if it was abolished anyhow.

Argus!

Two more nails in the Tory coffin on 19:55 - Feb 17 with 655 viewsGwyn737

Two more nails in the Tory coffin on 19:41 - Feb 17 by Wingstandwood

It should still be an interesting upcoming general election despite the inevitability of a Labour victory. What’ll make it interesting is stuff like the turnout, which I predict will be very low, because Labour does not excite traditional working class voters of type that voted for Brexit or voted Conservative to create the Red Wall.

The Metropolitan elitist and WOKE deranged Labour party has very little in common with ‘white-van-man’ stereotypes who the likes of Emily Thornberry etc sneer at anyhow.

And the Conservative Party is well and truly up sh1t creek, because many of its voters feel betrayed with issues like immigration and the U.K’s population explosion which is a catastrophe.

So you’ve got two political parties that are vastly more likely imo to create mass-apathy amongst many of their own natural supporters/voters.

What’ll really add extra seasoning to a forthcoming general election is the rise of The Reform Party, especially if its support continues to grow and if there is a mass defection of Conservative M.P’s.

That’ll create a lot of headlines and publicity that’ll be very welcome to The Reform Party machine/strategy team. A case of get the popcorn ready, cos there looks to be a load of infighting and melodrama ahead! M.P's who are guaranteed to lose their seat are sure going to be impossible to shut up!!!!

I do ponder if the Conservatives will propose to abolish ECHR law(s). Too little too late and I guess many will not believe it, or at the very least will think it’ll be a case of “more of the same” even if it was abolished anyhow.

What we’ve learnt from the last couple of years is that being mean to foreigners isn’t moving the needle for the Tories. Leaving the EHCR would make no real change.

I’m amazed the strategy they continue to push hasn’t been changed. Wasting all this time on small boats when all polling shows that although it’s obviously an issue, it’s way behind cost of living, the NHS and even potholes when it comes to things the British public care about.

They’ve tried to blame all those on immigrants but most people are smart enough to know it’s a lot more than just that.
Two more nails in the Tory coffin on 19:58 - Feb 17 with 654 viewsGwyn737

Two more nails in the Tory coffin on 19:41 - Feb 17 by Wingstandwood

What we’ve learnt from the last couple of years is that being mean to foreigners isn’t moving the needle for the Tories. Leaving the EHCR would make no real change.

I’m amazed the strategy they continue to push hasn’t been changed. Wasting all this time on small boats when all polling shows that although it’s obviously an issue, it’s way behind cost of living, the NHS and even potholes when it comes to things the British public care about.

They’ve tried to blame all those on immigrants but most people are smart enough to know it’s a lot more than just that.
Two more nails in the Tory coffin on 22:22 - Feb 17 with 583 viewsSullutaCreturned

Two more nails in the Tory coffin on 09:43 - Feb 17 by johnlangy

To compare two by election results to the possible result in a GE would be silly. But there have been ten by elections, I believe, since the last GE and barring the freak ULEZ result in ??? (was it Uxbridge ?) the Tories have been hammered.

And because Rishi calls them midterm results doesn't make that the truth. We are just months away from the end of a five year term. Who in all honesty can call this midterm.

I don't remember which but one of these seats has usually been won by the party that wins the GE, that prof John fella said so.

It seems very much that a collapse in the voting numbers has happened, is Uk politics going the same way as Welsh politics, people not bothering to vote because it makes no difference who wins?

Yes we need a strong government AND a strong opposition but right now we have the weakest bunch of politicians I can remember. The tories have been busy (well Bojo was) getting rid of anybody with a strong opinion, Bojo liked weaklings who did as they were told.

labour have some strong voices but a real wet lettuce for a leader.

I take the term "midterm" to mean ANY vote between a GE, not exactly in the middle but that's not important.

This Tory coffin, if there's any more nails put in, it'll be too heavy to carry, there must be two tons of metal keeping the top on but the tories will still get out one day and be back to blight us.
Two more nails in the Tory coffin on 00:44 - Feb 18 with 550 viewsRobbie

My treasured and right to vote option is fast becoming is waste of time for many .

Some polling booths are lucky to get a 20 % turnout in local Elections , I attend and mark X.

Goodness knows who I voting for , few flyers through my letter box , promises galore . ok.

Odds on the next WAG , Senydd and Cardiff bias now in power , will continue unchallenged .
I will keep my hard earned in my pocket , not taking a punt .

Irrelevant of Party politics , Red , Blue , Yellow , Green we have a choice , many MPs how the heck did they get there and onto the gravy train of Cabinet status . all mainly Millonaires .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024