Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this the start of a kick back 10:19 - Feb 17 with 2495 viewsBoundy

It seems farmers are beginning to rebel against the Senedd , maybe others take note that certain groups have had a enough of mismanagement and the drive towards the madness of zero emissions

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/more-than-80-tractors-disrupt-motorway-traf

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Is this the start of a kick back on 15:18 - Feb 19 with 679 viewsBryanSwan

Is this the start of a kick back on 13:10 - Feb 19 by builthjack

Should farmers continue to receive handouts from the Government ?
They get given a lot of handouts. For various schemes, they have had money given to them over the last couple of years for concreting yards, new feed bins, hedging, solar panels, habitat, woodland, horticulture, to name just a few.
Not forgetting the single farm payment.

A mate of mine, who is honest, had almost £130,000 of free handouts last year.
I wish i was a farmer. I wouldnt moan about being given freebies.

Give them what they need, better than importing more rubbish products from the US or Oceania.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Is this the start of a kick back on 15:28 - Feb 19 with 660 viewsBoundy

Is this the start of a kick back on 13:10 - Feb 19 by builthjack

Should farmers continue to receive handouts from the Government ?
They get given a lot of handouts. For various schemes, they have had money given to them over the last couple of years for concreting yards, new feed bins, hedging, solar panels, habitat, woodland, horticulture, to name just a few.
Not forgetting the single farm payment.

A mate of mine, who is honest, had almost £130,000 of free handouts last year.
I wish i was a farmer. I wouldnt moan about being given freebies.

Shouldn't you be asking the Welsh Government why is it necessary to crate policies which in turn require the farmer to concreting yards, installing new feed bins, hedging, solar panels, habitat, woodland, horticulture etc, if they weren't required then that wouldn't be a need for a grant .

Is this the start of a kick back on 19:37 - Feb 19 with 629 viewsbuilthjack

Is this the start of a kick back on 15:28 - Feb 19 by Boundy

Shouldn't you be asking the Welsh Government why is it necessary to crate policies which in turn require the farmer to concreting yards, installing new feed bins, hedging, solar panels, habitat, woodland, horticulture etc, if they weren't required then that wouldn't be a need for a grant .

I should be asking;
Why my mate, who has a farm, over 400 acres, holiday cottages etc etc, has 2 newish £70k vehicles parked outside the house, is getting £130,000 given to him.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Is this the start of a kick back on 20:38 - Feb 19 with 605 viewsBoundy

Is this the start of a kick back on 19:37 - Feb 19 by builthjack

I should be asking;
Why my mate, who has a farm, over 400 acres, holiday cottages etc etc, has 2 newish £70k vehicles parked outside the house, is getting £130,000 given to him.

Do you know whether that applies to every sheep , diary farmer in Wales ? and if he's that close a friend has he divulged that all his money came from Government grants ?

Is this the start of a kick back on 20:43 - Feb 19 with 601 viewsdeepdale81

There is a good website called Jac o the north.He knows intricate details of a these welsh topics and welsh government decisions. It is an eye opener. And He is a Swans Fan.
Is this the start of a kick back on 21:03 - Feb 19 with 588 viewsBoundy

Is this the start of a kick back on 20:43 - Feb 19 by deepdale81

There is a good website called Jac o the north.He knows intricate details of a these welsh topics and welsh government decisions. It is an eye opener. And He is a Swans Fan.

Been reading him for many years , his exposé's of how Cardiff Bay came into existence should be a national scandal .

Is this the start of a kick back on 22:20 - Feb 19 with 570 viewscontroversial_jack

Is this the start of a kick back on 21:03 - Feb 19 by Boundy

Been reading him for many years , his exposé's of how Cardiff Bay came into existence should be a national scandal .

Trees absorb co2, but when they die the co2 is released back again as everything on earth is in a natural balance. We cannot become co2 neutral
Is this the start of a kick back on 06:07 - Feb 20 with 540 viewsScotia

Is this the start of a kick back on 22:20 - Feb 19 by controversial_jack

Trees absorb co2, but when they die the co2 is released back again as everything on earth is in a natural balance. We cannot become co2 neutral

It's quite important for humans not to kill trees then isn't it?
Login to get fewer ads

Is this the start of a kick back on 12:38 - Feb 20 with 487 viewsBarrySwan

As my friend pointed out its not farmers who will struggle for food if this politically inspired madness continues. They're the only ones who won't have to worry about food shortages.

Its the rest of us who will be scrapping in Tescos and elsewhere for the last loaf of bread.

Whether you're fond of farmers or not and happy to point out any of those driving around in top of the range vehicles and other displays of wealth etc etc I certainly wouldn't be anywhere near hard working enough to farm plus living on my nerves in regards to whether my crops planted are going to survive torrential drenching rain rotting the seedlings or blistering sun with too little water in any particular year.

Some years crops are wiped out in their entirety due to weather conditions and others like last year although surviving crop yields can be devastated down to 30% to 40% of normal yield due to too much sun and not enough rain for example.

Resulting in shortages and much higher prices in the shops.

I don't think that many people realise how delicate the balancing act of food production is and how easily we could be hitting a crisis at any given time.
[Post edited 20 Feb 12:42]
Is this the start of a kick back on 14:07 - Feb 20 with 456 viewsbuilthjack

Is this the start of a kick back on 20:38 - Feb 19 by Boundy

Do you know whether that applies to every sheep , diary farmer in Wales ? and if he's that close a friend has he divulged that all his money came from Government grants ?

As you know, every farm is different. All money came from single farm payment, various schemes, farming connect.
All from the Welsh Government at the end of the day.
Oh, and he pays F.A. tax, as is usual amongst the farming community.
2 very nice motors worth more than a small house.

Diary farmers work 12 months of the year.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Is this the start of a kick back on 15:02 - Feb 20 with 435 viewsFlashberryjack

Is this the start of a kick back on 12:38 - Feb 20 by BarrySwan

As my friend pointed out its not farmers who will struggle for food if this politically inspired madness continues. They're the only ones who won't have to worry about food shortages.

Its the rest of us who will be scrapping in Tescos and elsewhere for the last loaf of bread.

Whether you're fond of farmers or not and happy to point out any of those driving around in top of the range vehicles and other displays of wealth etc etc I certainly wouldn't be anywhere near hard working enough to farm plus living on my nerves in regards to whether my crops planted are going to survive torrential drenching rain rotting the seedlings or blistering sun with too little water in any particular year.

Some years crops are wiped out in their entirety due to weather conditions and others like last year although surviving crop yields can be devastated down to 30% to 40% of normal yield due to too much sun and not enough rain for example.

Resulting in shortages and much higher prices in the shops.

I don't think that many people realise how delicate the balancing act of food production is and how easily we could be hitting a crisis at any given time.
[Post edited 20 Feb 12:42]

"I don't think that many people realise how delicate the balancing act of food production is and how easily we could be hitting a crisis at any given time"

Most sensible people realise this, unfortunately, sensible people in government are a rare commodity, especially so in the Senedd.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Is this the start of a kick back on 17:36 - Feb 20 with 398 viewsBoundy

Is this the start of a kick back on 14:07 - Feb 20 by builthjack

As you know, every farm is different. All money came from single farm payment, various schemes, farming connect.
All from the Welsh Government at the end of the day.
Oh, and he pays F.A. tax, as is usual amongst the farming community.
2 very nice motors worth more than a small house.

Diary farmers work 12 months of the year.

Sorry but you're just generalising a whole way of life based on a few mates of yours who happen to live in an affluent part of mid Wales who appear have it down to a fine art in robbing the taxpayer if they are non declaring and income( interesting to know how they /he can do that ) I know many who aren't and are struggling , the cost of living crisis has hit them just as hard with the rise in seed , fertiliser fuel , animal feed, wages ,now with this insane drive towards net zero and the loss of land to plant trees no wonder farmers feel they're fighting a losing battle.

Is this the start of a kick back on 19:04 - Feb 20 with 371 viewsSullutaCreturned

Is this the start of a kick back on 19:37 - Feb 19 by builthjack

I should be asking;

Drakeford reckons the new Senedd subsidy system is because of BREXIT. Turns out all these grants to farmers were an EU designed system. Now we've left they need to be changed but it strikes me as odd that we left the EU a while ago and only now are these changes needed.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-politics-68351268.amp

The farmers I used to know down the Gower when I was their postie, they weren't rolling in money, a couple of the farms looked really run down but then, farmers down there were known for being tight!
Is this the start of a kick back on 19:07 - Feb 20 with 368 viewsbuilthjack

Is this the start of a kick back on 17:36 - Feb 20 by Boundy

Sorry but you're just generalising a whole way of life based on a few mates of yours who happen to live in an affluent part of mid Wales who appear have it down to a fine art in robbing the taxpayer if they are non declaring and income( interesting to know how they /he can do that ) I know many who aren't and are struggling , the cost of living crisis has hit them just as hard with the rise in seed , fertiliser fuel , animal feed, wages ,now with this insane drive towards net zero and the loss of land to plant trees no wonder farmers feel they're fighting a losing battle.

If , as they say, they are losing money every year, wouldn’t you sell up, make millions, and live happily ever after? Most people would.
Sure, things have gone up, as they have for everyone. But come on, why plead poverty every day?

Is this the start of a kick back on 19:10 - Feb 20 with 365 viewsGwyn737

I assume the posters who were upset at the Just Stop Oil lot are equally furious with the farmers for disrupting traffic… 😗
Is this the start of a kick back on 19:44 - Feb 20 with 354 viewsFlashberryjack

Is this the start of a kick back on 19:10 - Feb 20 by Gwyn737

I assume the posters who were upset at the Just Stop Oil lot are equally furious with the farmers for disrupting traffic… 😗

You assume wrong.

Hello

Is this the start of a kick back on 20:01 - Feb 20 with 348 viewsBoundy

Is this the start of a kick back on 19:10 - Feb 20 by Gwyn737

No far from it . its about someone stood up and made their point . Just stop oil is a bunch of uneducated ( an oxymoron I know) college/ university types earning a couple of extra pennies disrupting the life's of too many. The farmers are standing up to protect their livelihoods and the food chain of this country.

Is this the start of a kick back on 20:12 - Feb 20 with 331 viewsGwyn737

Is this the start of a kick back on 20:01 - Feb 20 by Boundy

No far from it . its about someone stood up and made their point . Just stop oil is a bunch of uneducated ( an oxymoron I know) college/ university types earning a couple of extra pennies disrupting the life's of too many. The farmers are standing up to protect their livelihoods and the food chain of this country.

I have massive sympathy for the farmers and absolutely none for the Just Stop Oil lot, but you can’t say it ok to break the law just because you agree with the sentiment.
Is this the start of a kick back on 20:18 - Feb 20 with 321 viewsFlashberryjack

Is this the start of a kick back on 20:12 - Feb 20 by Gwyn737

I have massive sympathy for the farmers and absolutely none for the Just Stop Oil lot, but you can’t say it ok to break the law just because you agree with the sentiment.

Gwyn, if you can't see the difference, then it pretty pointless having a debate with you on the subject.

Hello

Is this the start of a kick back on 20:31 - Feb 20 with 312 viewsGwyn737

Is this the start of a kick back on 20:18 - Feb 20 by Flashberryjack

Gwyn, if you can't see the difference, then it pretty pointless having a debate with you on the subject.

What is the difference?

The arguments against the Just Stop Oil road stuff was delaying emergency services, making people late etc. Why are the farmers protests different?

There’s a difference in scale atm I grant you but the principle is the same.

Again, I’m on the farmer’s side.
Is this the start of a kick back on 20:50 - Feb 20 with 298 viewsFlashberryjack

Is this the start of a kick back on 20:31 - Feb 20 by Gwyn737

What is the difference?

The arguments against the Just Stop Oil road stuff was delaying emergency services, making people late etc. Why are the farmers protests different?

There’s a difference in scale atm I grant you but the principle is the same.

Again, I’m on the farmer’s side.

I refer you to a fellow posters comments on another thread.

"Farmers not hypocrites
Just stop oil are"

Hello

Is this the start of a kick back on 20:52 - Feb 20 with 297 viewsGwyn737

Is this the start of a kick back on 20:50 - Feb 20 by Flashberryjack

I refer you to a fellow posters comments on another thread.

"Farmers not hypocrites
Just stop oil are"

I just don’t agree if gives them the go ahead to block the road.

Because they’re not hypocrites can they throw paint at the Mona Lisa? Or disrupt a sporting event?
Is this the start of a kick back on 21:08 - Feb 20 with 280 viewsFlashberryjack

Is this the start of a kick back on 20:52 - Feb 20 by Gwyn737

I just don’t agree if gives them the go ahead to block the road.

Because they’re not hypocrites can they throw paint at the Mona Lisa? Or disrupt a sporting event?

You are being silly now, as I said earlier, this is a pointless debate, have a nice evening.

Hello

Is this the start of a kick back on 21:24 - Feb 20 with 272 viewsBoundy

Is this the start of a kick back on 20:12 - Feb 20 by Gwyn737

What law were the farmers breaking? they kept a safe distance between each tractor , at a speed safe enough for young children play hop scotch or to skip if the police thought they were I'm sure Carmarthen's finest would have pulled the offender out of the convoy. the traffic was moving albeit slightly slower than would be expected on a Friday afternoon ( as anyone who travels that stretch of road way would know)

Is this the start of a kick back on 21:26 - Feb 20 with 266 viewsGwyn737

Is this the start of a kick back on 21:24 - Feb 20 by Boundy

What law were the farmers breaking? they kept a safe distance between each tractor , at a speed safe enough for young children play hop scotch or to skip if the police thought they were I'm sure Carmarthen's finest would have pulled the offender out of the convoy. the traffic was moving albeit slightly slower than would be expected on a Friday afternoon ( as anyone who travels that stretch of road way would know)

I’m all for peaceful protest, I’m just not keen on when it impacts others.

I’m sure they would have pulled over if there was a problem, which obviously I’d different to the JSO numpties. Still a delay mind.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024