Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vaughan Guessing 10:39 - Mar 21 with 4941 viewsBoundy

I think this deserves its own thread ,he's now declared another 51k on top of his 20k + given by some shady characters ,What's odds on him mot lasting the term of office I wonder

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Vaughan Guessing on 10:45 - Mar 21 with 1813 viewsWhiterockin

The total declared at the moment over £250K and rising. Including donations from taxi companies, the Welsh Government are working on reforming taxi regulations, should this be allowed.
Vaughan Guessing on 15:06 - Mar 21 with 1687 viewsFlashberryjack

Silence

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Vaughan Guessing on 15:24 - Mar 21 with 1681 viewsScotia

He was elected by members and the unions. Gething isn't as popular among Senedd members as Jeremy Miles is, Jeremy Miles is a thoroughly decent bloke.

He'd be gone or would go if there was any danger of Labour not winning the next Senedd election. And let's face it there isn't.
Vaughan Guessing on 15:29 - Mar 21 with 1676 viewsBoundy

Vaughan Guessing on 15:24 - Mar 21 by Scotia

He was elected by members and the unions. Gething isn't as popular among Senedd members as Jeremy Miles is, Jeremy Miles is a thoroughly decent bloke.

He'd be gone or would go if there was any danger of Labour not winning the next Senedd election. And let's face it there isn't.

Local elections in two years with over half a million pairs of eyes now opened to welsh politics due the 20mph fiasco I wouldn't be so sure

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Vaughan Guessing on 15:37 - Mar 21 with 1665 viewsSullutaCreturned

Vaughan Guessing on 15:29 - Mar 21 by Boundy

Local elections in two years with over half a million pairs of eyes now opened to welsh politics due the 20mph fiasco I wouldn't be so sure

In 2 years people will have moved on, will have forgotten all this and apathy will reassert itself.
Vaughan Guessing on 16:23 - Mar 21 with 1632 viewsJumpingJackFlash

The best hope is that, because of the partial PR in Welsh elections that Plaid hold the balance of power and insist on certain criteria before entering into any coalition with Labour.
Vaughan Guessing on 16:44 - Mar 21 with 1616 viewsSullutaCreturned

Vaughan Guessing on 16:23 - Mar 21 by JumpingJackFlash

The best hope is that, because of the partial PR in Welsh elections that Plaid hold the balance of power and insist on certain criteria before entering into any coalition with Labour.

Labour have 50% of the seats but some Labour members have been said to be unsure about Gething, we could end up with a constitutional crisis!

For those Senedd supporters who bemoaned having UK Prime Minsters foisted on us without an election, this is the second FM in a row that has not faced a proper election, around 16000 people and unions have made this choice.
Vaughan Guessing on 16:50 - Mar 21 with 1606 viewsWhiterockin

Vaughan Guessing on 16:44 - Mar 21 by SullutaCreturned

Labour have 50% of the seats but some Labour members have been said to be unsure about Gething, we could end up with a constitutional crisis!

For those Senedd supporters who bemoaned having UK Prime Minsters foisted on us without an election, this is the second FM in a row that has not faced a proper election, around 16000 people and unions have made this choice.

And a 2% difference in the results with Senedd members voting against Gething, again proof that money talks wherever it comes from
[Post edited 21 Mar 16:51]
Login to get fewer ads

Vaughan Guessing on 17:07 - Mar 21 with 1573 viewsWingstandwood

"Stitch up"

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/former-labour-mp-calls-party-2883921

Argus!

Vaughan Guessing on 17:14 - Mar 21 with 1553 viewsWhiterockin

Vaughan Guessing on 17:07 - Mar 21 by Wingstandwood

"Stitch up"

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/former-labour-mp-calls-party-2883921

I found this statement interesting and await it unfolding.

Regarding the other parties he said that he thinks the Tories in the Senedd “will play fast and loose” because “it's to their advantage to have Vaughan Gething”. He added: “Whether they are valid or not there are skeletons in his cupboard, and those skeletons are not going to go away.”
Vaughan Guessing on 17:16 - Mar 21 with 1540 viewsKilkennyjack

He will last longer than Liz Truss.

Good luck to Vaughan.

Beware of the Risen People

Vaughan Guessing on 17:21 - Mar 21 with 1525 viewsWhiterockin

Vaughan Guessing on 17:16 - Mar 21 by Kilkennyjack

Good luck to Vaughan.

But will he last longer than the UKs first female PM.
Vaughan Guessing on 18:09 - Mar 21 with 1476 viewsSullutaCreturned

Good luck to Vaughan.

And there it is, you don't care that he s chosen by a tiey fraction of the population though when Westminster parties did it you were very voaclly against it.

You don't care about hs dubious donations and putting the amount aside, you were very vocal about tory donors.

All you have is Liz Truss? Blatant hypocrisy there, kilky. We deserve a leader of the highest quality not someone who even other MS's in the Senedd are dubious about because of those donations.
Vaughan Guessing on 18:29 - Mar 21 with 1455 viewsWhiterockin

Vaughan Guessing on 18:09 - Mar 21 by SullutaCreturned

And there it is, you don't care that he s chosen by a tiey fraction of the population though when Westminster parties did it you were very voaclly against it.

You don't care about hs dubious donations and putting the amount aside, you were very vocal about tory donors.

All you have is Liz Truss? Blatant hypocrisy there, kilky. We deserve a leader of the highest quality not someone who even other MS's in the Senedd are dubious about because of those donations.

Plus apparently other skeletons in the cupboard that are not going to go away. I think the members of the Senedd know more and are not letting on. Personally I hope they stay in the cupboard until just before the Senedd elections.
Vaughan Guessing on 18:37 - Mar 21 with 1442 viewsAnotherJohn

Good luck to Vaughan.

That idea of "first nation" made me cringe. True, nation is an ambiguous word and is sometimes used to refer to a people rather than a state, but if the implication is that Wales is a nation state that is clearly incorrect. The devolution legislation is framed in such a way as to protect the integrity of the United Kingdom as the sovereign state by leaving the Westminster Parliament that granted devolved powers with the ability to revoke them. For Wales to be a nation state it would need a seat in the international bodies where nation states meet, a central bank, a currency, a defence policy and all the usual institutions possessed by the European nations with which Wales is being misleadingly compared, Scotland and NI are in the same boat. The Scots know what is what when they sing Flower of Scotland, and aspire to "be the nation again".
Vaughan Guessing on 21:03 - Mar 21 with 1370 viewsDr_Winston

He's got nothing but "whataboutery". He's never had anything more than "whataboutery". There is simply no compelling evidence available to support his opinions.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Vaughan Guessing on 21:46 - Mar 21 with 1342 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Good luck to Vaughan.

African people were in charge in what is now much of Spain for hundreds of years.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Vaughan Guessing on 22:08 - Mar 21 with 1324 viewsKilkennyjack

He hasn’t started yet mun.

Give him a chance, thats all i am saying.

I dont know much about him to be honest, but lets see.

Vaughan Guessing on 22:15 - Mar 21 with 1319 viewsKilkennyjack

Vaughan Guessing on 18:37 - Mar 21 by AnotherJohn

That idea of "first nation" made me cringe. True, nation is an ambiguous word and is sometimes used to refer to a people rather than a state, but if the implication is that Wales is a nation state that is clearly incorrect. The devolution legislation is framed in such a way as to protect the integrity of the United Kingdom as the sovereign state by leaving the Westminster Parliament that granted devolved powers with the ability to revoke them. For Wales to be a nation state it would need a seat in the international bodies where nation states meet, a central bank, a currency, a defence policy and all the usual institutions possessed by the European nations with which Wales is being misleadingly compared, Scotland and NI are in the same boat. The Scots know what is what when they sing Flower of Scotland, and aspire to "be the nation again".

It does not matter what you think, Wales is a nation and thats a fact.

Likewise England and Scotland.
The north of Ireland is not a nation.

The UK is a state comprising of 3 nations and the north of Ireland.

Great Britain is a geographical term for the largest island in the British Isles.

Wales was last a Principality in 1536.

I know you will find these facts hard to understand.
[Post edited 21 Mar 22:44]

Vaughan Guessing on 22:21 - Mar 21 with 1312 viewsKilkennyjack

Vaughan Guessing on 21:03 - Mar 21 by Dr_Winston

He's got nothing but "whataboutery". He's never had anything more than "whataboutery". There is simply no compelling evidence available to support his opinions.

What opinions ?

Do you think i appointed Mr Gethin ?
Do you think i wrote his press release ?

I merely wished him well when others suggested he would not last long.

I am very sorry if i upset you by mocking Liz Truss. 🥬🇬🇧

Vaughan Guessing on 01:49 - Mar 22 with 1241 viewsBarrySwan

Vaughan Guessing on 15:29 - Mar 21 by Boundy

3 years time locals.

2 years Welsh Assembly or whatever they're calling themselves this week.
[Post edited 22 Mar 1:51]
Vaughan Guessing on 06:48 - Mar 22 with 1175 viewsScotia

The PCC elections are on May 2nd. People don't even know their happening.

Some people will get a ballot card go to the polling station, moan about driving at 20 mph on the way, and then vote Labour.

They won't even know what they're voting for but will vote the way they always have.
Vaughan Guessing on 08:44 - Mar 22 with 1142 viewsAnotherJohn

Vaughan Guessing on 22:15 - Mar 21 by Kilkennyjack

It does not matter what you think, Wales is a nation and thats a fact.

Likewise England and Scotland.
The north of Ireland is not a nation.

The UK is a state comprising of 3 nations and the north of Ireland.

Great Britain is a geographical term for the largest island in the British Isles.

Wales was last a Principality in 1536.

I know you will find these facts hard to understand.
[Post edited 21 Mar 22:44]

You like to say "the law is the law", and the law in the shape of the devolution legislation is where to look to see whether Wales is a sovereign nation. If you bother to read the two Government of Wales Acts you will see that the word nation does not appear. I wonder how Vaughan will be greeted if he demands a place at the United Nations.

The WG's powers are quite limited in many of the big areas of public policy. I notice that the Senedd Presiding Officer is currently advising that it is trespassing into a reserved area with its gender quotas. I suppose though that in this regard at least, the WG comes up against similar constraints of multilevel governance that EU countries face. With qualified majority voting etc., they too don't have full legislative competence or control over all their affairs.

Incidentally, an IFS report published yesterday shows the WG has abysmal results in one key area it does control - education.

https://ifs.org.uk/publications/major-challenges-education-wales

NHS outcomes are obviously another area of very weak performance as figures from yesterday also show.

https://www.gov.wales/nhs-activity-and-performance-summary-january-and-february-
[Post edited 22 Mar 9:12]
Vaughan Guessing on 09:35 - Mar 22 with 1125 viewscontroversial_jack

The guy has only been in office for 2 days, let's at least give him a chance.
Vaughan Guessing on 10:43 - Mar 22 with 1097 viewsWhiterockin

Vaughan Guessing on 09:35 - Mar 22 by controversial_jack

The guy has only been in office for 2 days, let's at least give him a chance.

They have had over 20 years and we have gone backwards. Yes he will have a chance but he will not overturn policies in place, 20mph, tourist tax ect. The real crux will come if Vaughan Gething really does have the skeletons in his cupboard that Labour are concerned about, as reported in Wales Online, not even they would be stupid enough to print it if there was not a shred of truth. He may not even last until the next Senedd elections.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024