Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This nugget needs to face up 21:07 - Apr 6 with 981 viewsKeithHaynes

Anonymous.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

This nugget needs to face up on 21:20 - Apr 6 with 949 viewsSullutaCreturned

Oh good grief, its like no other club has these problems.

He thinks we made great strides, its the same old guff he trotted out under Martin, it's maybe why he's so popular with managers, he's always blowing smoke up their asses.

We can't score, we can't defend. It's as simple as that.

The manager cant get a deent tune out of the players he uses and there are some players he's happy to ignore, including loan signings.
This nugget needs to face up on 21:26 - Apr 6 with 932 viewsKeithHaynes

This nugget needs to face up on 21:20 - Apr 6 by SullutaCreturned

Oh good grief, its like no other club has these problems.

He thinks we made great strides, its the same old guff he trotted out under Martin, it's maybe why he's so popular with managers, he's always blowing smoke up their asses.

We can't score, we can't defend. It's as simple as that.

The manager cant get a deent tune out of the players he uses and there are some players he's happy to ignore, including loan signings.

Put him on the bench, I’ve never seen anyone so anonymous on the pitch he is meant to lead, encourage and inspire. You would never know he was on the pitch in our CLUBS SHIRT today AGAIN. Frisbee off.

This nugget needs to face up on 21:30 - Apr 6 with 916 viewsSullutaCreturned

This nugget needs to face up on 21:26 - Apr 6 by KeithHaynes

Put him on the bench, I’ve never seen anyone so anonymous on the pitch he is meant to lead, encourage and inspire. You would never know he was on the pitch in our CLUBS SHIRT today AGAIN. Frisbee off.

I just dont understand why people still love him. Just what did he do today, the only memorable thing was that free kick that he launched well over the oenalty area, miles away from any of our players. Given he was on the goal line on the edge of the box it was easier to hit one of the payers than miss everybody. he could have smashed it low and hard and it would have been better, still crap but better than what he did.

He is a large part of our problem, no one can convince me otherwise. For so long our central midfield has been rubbsh and he is the ever present.
This nugget needs to face up on 21:41 - Apr 6 with 886 viewsbuilthjack

Time to move him on.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

This nugget needs to face up on 21:59 - Apr 6 with 840 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea city players have b got used to standing off players and allowing the opposition to play. It is great that there are 8 players in the box for the first goal but thy all had their eyes shut and none were within 5 m of the goal scorer.

Grimes was the closest and led by poor example.

When the team stood off AFCB is was a turkey shoot and could have been 8 or 9.

Wise sage since Toshack era

This nugget needs to face up on 23:29 - Apr 6 with 685 viewsonehunglow

Grimes ( should) lead on the pitch
He also should articulate the managers tactics
On both,Grimes is lacking
He’s done very well out of us.
An utter anonymity
If Williams is honest,he should make an example of him

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

This nugget needs to face up on 00:06 - Apr 7 with 657 viewsdobjack2

I think that he is a good club captain but not a team captain.

A club captain can lead by example off the pitch where he can encourage and inspire and forge links with the community but when you cross the white line different skills are needed. IMHO to be a captain on the pitch you have to do more, you have to understand everyone's roles, encourage when team mates are doing well and call them out if they aren't doing it. You have to be aware of what you are doing as well so not to be seen as a hypocrite. You don't have to be physically intimidating but in my experience it helps.

There isn't a team captain in the squad and that has been a major problems for years.
This nugget needs to face up on 00:59 - Apr 7 with 619 viewsswancity

I didn’t see the game at Middlesbrough but I’d disagree with the general sentiments about Grimes as a leader.

He does lead by example. Always showing for the ball, taking responsibility and available to help move us forward by keeping possession, calmly with an outstanding range of passing. It’s not cricket where the captain out on the pitch is constantly making key decisions which can help win or lose a game. A team can have several natural leaders out on the pitch not just the player wearing the arm band. You do not need a Roy Keane type character charging around the pitch like a demented XL bully.

Who for example can name the Manchester City captain? He quietly gets on with his business. I understand that today was a poor performance but you can’t blame that in the Captain.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Login to get fewer ads

This nugget needs to face up on 02:16 - Apr 7 with 596 viewsKeithHaynes

This nugget needs to face up on 00:59 - Apr 7 by swancity

I didn’t see the game at Middlesbrough but I’d disagree with the general sentiments about Grimes as a leader.

He does lead by example. Always showing for the ball, taking responsibility and available to help move us forward by keeping possession, calmly with an outstanding range of passing. It’s not cricket where the captain out on the pitch is constantly making key decisions which can help win or lose a game. A team can have several natural leaders out on the pitch not just the player wearing the arm band. You do not need a Roy Keane type character charging around the pitch like a demented XL bully.

Who for example can name the Manchester City captain? He quietly gets on with his business. I understand that today was a poor performance but you can’t blame that in the Captain.

That’s not what is being said.

This nugget needs to face up on 11:12 - Apr 7 with 372 viewsDr_Winston

A lot of people cream themselves over Grimes' stats without even taking a second to consider how effective they make him. He could be almost custom designed to please the modern kind of fan who can reel off a players pass percentages in certain areas of the field, but can't point to a single incisive moment they were responsible for.

He's capable of more. The single greatest (perhaps only) achievement of Duff's reign was actually making him look like the kind of player that a lot of blaggers have spent years insisting that he already was. That he so consistently fails to achieve his own maximum performance levels, never mind inspire others, makes him a poor choice as captain.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

This nugget needs to face up on 11:56 - Apr 7 with 322 viewsSullutaCreturned

This nugget needs to face up on 00:59 - Apr 7 by swancity

He does always show for the ball, far too often though it's dropping deep and sometimes he's closer to ur gola than our centre backs. When he shows further up the pitch all too often the ball goes sideways and backwards, he'd have been a good Italian tank driver in WW2, 1 forward speed but 5 reverse speeds.

He doesn't gee anybody up, he's quiet, anonymous. The example he sets is why for so may games we have seen limp performaces from everybody else, they follow his example.

An outstanding range of passing, shame it's mostly sideways or backwards.

Why should I be able to name a team captain for a team I don't support? Even so it's DeBruyne who DOES lead by example. It's a strange example to be fair.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024