Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
And the not so lucky ones 21:54 - May 17 with 1325 viewsKeithHaynes

Lewis Webb, Ben Blythe, Josh Carey, Ruben Davies, Kian Jenkins, Kai Ludvigsen, Archie Matthews, Lincoln McFayden, Remy Mitchell, Joe Thomas, Charlie Veevers, Jack Cooper, Rohan Davies, Ewan Griffiths and Cameron Llewellyn.

Guaranteed a few will leave football altogether in the next few years.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

And the not so lucky ones on 22:09 - May 17 with 1290 viewsjasper_T

Ewan Griffiths signed for Cardiff. A lot on that list have had terrible injury records, might be interesting to see how they get along in a different environment, should they get the chance.

No real surprises on the list. Didn't expect Mitchell Bates to get an extension but pleased for him.
And the not so lucky ones on 23:18 - May 17 with 1215 viewsReslovenSwan1

And the not so lucky ones on 22:09 - May 17 by jasper_T

Ewan Griffiths signed for Cardiff. A lot on that list have had terrible injury records, might be interesting to see how they get along in a different environment, should they get the chance.

No real surprises on the list. Didn't expect Mitchell Bates to get an extension but pleased for him.

Kai Ludvigsen always impressed me . Ruben Davies is another Centre forward hope who is moving on who was never fit. Joe Thomas has done well but needs to bulk up.

Wise sage since Toshack era

And the not so lucky ones on 08:34 - May 18 with 1096 viewsBoundy

And the not so lucky ones on 22:09 - May 17 by jasper_T

Nepotism ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

And the not so lucky ones on 08:46 - May 18 with 1079 viewsRichardO

They published this before the Swansea City Under-21s game against Sheffield United in the Professional Development League play-off semi-final on Monday, May 20th ?!
[Post edited 18 May 8:49]
And the not so lucky ones on 09:05 - May 18 with 1059 views3swan

And the not so lucky ones on 08:46 - May 18 by RichardO

They published this before the Swansea City Under-21s game against Sheffield United in the Professional Development League play-off semi-final on Monday, May 20th ?!

Very good point. Not the best of timing
And the not so lucky ones on 09:30 - May 18 with 1019 viewsWhiterockin

And the not so lucky ones on 08:46 - May 18 by RichardO

Every player knew their position before the list was made public. A good shop window for those leaving, alerting other clubs.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

And the not so lucky ones on 09:40 - May 18 with 1009 viewsRichardO

Liked what I saw of Joe Thomas pace that could be used at both ends of the pitch worked well with Congreve both had issues that needed to be addressed but then again so did a young Joe Allen.
Very hard to judge any players at Championship level as they have to learn to fit in a team set up especially if the team is chopped and changed so often, surely that is the same at U21s as well. We saw what having a settled team can do both with Martin and Williams at the end of the season making do with the players they had went on run that were relatively acceptable. Cooper kepted his team changes to a minimum.
We have seen youngster add something to a team but make mistakes and get punished by disappearing from first team view.
[Post edited 18 May 10:04]
And the not so lucky ones on 09:46 - May 18 with 994 views3swan

And the not so lucky ones on 09:30 - May 18 by Whiterockin

Every player knew their position before the list was made public. A good shop window for those leaving, alerting other clubs.

I'm sure they did. In the same way that the senior players knew.

The senior list wasn't released till after the last game of the season, the club could quite easily have announced the senior list and then next week the others.

Even young players today have agents who would have already put out their names I'd have thought
Login to get fewer ads

And the not so lucky ones on 10:31 - May 18 with 933 viewsKeithHaynes

And the not so lucky ones on 09:46 - May 18 by 3swan

I'm sure they did. In the same way that the senior players knew.

The senior list wasn't released till after the last game of the season, the club could quite easily have announced the senior list and then next week the others.

Even young players today have agents who would have already put out their names I'd have thought

I think the issues for under 18 players is there are many rules regards them getting an agent that are different to over 18. An example is Sam Parker, he is 18 shortly but any representation has either gone through extra scrutiny or it is as I suspect his parents doing the work. Which is why they got binned by the Swans when they started asking silly money.

I feel for them, but when you are not good enough ‘at the time’ of being released that’s the way it goes. Their first life lesson no doubt.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

And the not so lucky ones on 13:14 - May 18 with 817 viewsReslovenSwan1

I have seen Lewis Webbe play excellently a few times but he is quite small. I hope he gets a place. I have a feeling Evan Watts might put pressure on Fisher. He is very good at distribution long throws kicks etc..He had a hiccup for Wales u21 but Colwill and Low baled him out. He got the place ahead of Chelsea s Beech so must be rated.

Wise sage since Toshack era

And the not so lucky ones on 14:02 - May 18 with 760 viewsWhiterockin

And the not so lucky ones on 10:31 - May 18 by KeithHaynes

I think the issues for under 18 players is there are many rules regards them getting an agent that are different to over 18. An example is Sam Parker, he is 18 shortly but any representation has either gone through extra scrutiny or it is as I suspect his parents doing the work. Which is why they got binned by the Swans when they started asking silly money.

I feel for them, but when you are not good enough ‘at the time’ of being released that’s the way it goes. Their first life lesson no doubt.

Everyone gets released sooner or later, be it a 10 year old coming through the age groups or a senior pro when time catches up. It's just football.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024