Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Second Striker talk gone quiet 10:54 - Aug 3 with 7313 viewsTheClash

I am sure we are still looking but after a few of Laudrup's comments does he think we need one?. I however think we need one with all the fixtures this season.

The Future is tomorrow's today!

Second Striker talk gone quiet on 10:57 - Aug 3 with 6040 viewsskippyjack

Yep we need pace.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Second Striker talk gone quiet on 11:02 - Aug 3 with 6008 viewsDarran

With the abundance of midfielders perhaps Michu is the second striker.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Second Striker talk gone quiet on 11:03 - Aug 3 with 6001 viewsneilrichards

john guidetti would ideal.

Obviously things are going on behind the scenes and after all the media hype throughout the summer i think it's better for it to stay that way and for the new signing to be announced when he's actually holding the shirt.
Second Striker talk gone quiet on 11:03 - Aug 3 with 5996 viewsdeanscfc

Bony didn't seem to move a lot the other night....he probably doesn't need to being so strong on the ball and hving such good finishingbut it would be nice to have a pacy striker.

any names being thrown around?
Second Striker talk gone quiet on 11:03 - Aug 3 with 5994 viewsyescomeon

Second Striker talk gone quiet on 10:57 - Aug 3 by skippyjack

Yep we need pace.

In definite need of pace

Upthecity!

Second Striker talk gone quiet on 11:04 - Aug 3 with 5993 viewsairedale

Second Striker talk gone quiet on 11:03 - Aug 3 by neilrichards

john guidetti would ideal.

Obviously things are going on behind the scenes and after all the media hype throughout the summer i think it's better for it to stay that way and for the new signing to be announced when he's actually holding the shirt.

Wearing a cheesy grin. Just like your avatar.
Second Striker talk gone quiet on 11:14 - Aug 3 with 5953 viewsTheClash

Second Striker talk gone quiet on 11:02 - Aug 3 by Darran

I ain't bitting Darren

The Future is tomorrow's today!

Second Striker talk gone quiet on 11:16 - Aug 3 with 5942 viewsDull1Thomas

Second Striker talk gone quiet on 11:03 - Aug 3 by deanscfc

Bony didn't seem to move a lot the other night....he probably doesn't need to being so strong on the ball and hving such good finishingbut it would be nice to have a pacy striker.

any names being thrown around?

Uhgh?

Defended corners, passed, brought players in, made space, flicked, assisted, scored (twice)

Lazy, slow bastard .... ..... just like that other useless tosser we had ummmmm Scotland I think he was called.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Login to get fewer ads

Second Striker talk gone quiet on 11:16 - Aug 3 with 5940 viewsDarran

Second Striker talk gone quiet on 11:14 - Aug 3 by TheClash

I ain't bitting Darren

I'm being serious,if we don't bring in another player we've got the best squad we've ever had which should do us well.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Second Striker talk gone quiet on 11:21 - Aug 3 with 5899 viewsTheFranchise

We do our best business when things go quiet.
Second Striker talk gone quiet on 11:22 - Aug 3 with 5893 viewsairedale

Laudrup will either bring in a second striker from outside the club, or he will use Rory.
Second Striker talk gone quiet on 11:24 - Aug 3 with 5879 viewsDull1Thomas

Could be - Spain are doing well on the 'no recognised striker / traditional centre forward model.
And it worked for us when we had Borini and Sinclair playing as old fashioned inside forwards.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Second Striker talk gone quiet on 11:26 - Aug 3 with 5873 viewsneilrichards

he's certainly "different" to what we have in the 1st team squad atm, but i dont know if they consider him to be a bit lightweight for the top division yet, despite the great preseason he's had
Second Striker talk gone quiet on 11:34 - Aug 3 with 5845 viewsLaudrupFan

Closer to the end of the window it will be obvious which players are available for loan in the big clubs. Also some players might go on sale as clubs get desperate to offload them.

Laudrup might also want to know if Williams and Michu get sold before making his last dealings (middle of August). Dyer's contract situation also needs to get resolved. And I wonder if players like Ki, Taylor, Dyer, who seem to be second choice, will request transfers.

I think a second striker is definitely still on the cards. Additionally players like Ince, Granero, Mubarak could come in play depending on what happens, like who leaves and how desperate their clubs want rid.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2013 11:47]

Poll: Are any further transfers needed in this window?

Second Striker talk gone quiet on 11:48 - Aug 3 with 5786 viewsCatullus

Donelly has impressed in pre season. He may get a chance in cups.

I think Laudrup is just waiting now, to see who becomes available on loan and/or to see if anybody needs money so drops their asking price to something we'd consider acceptable.
I don't see Ince as a possible. Too expensive for what he is.
Dyer looked a bit more lively Thursday. Maybe he'll raise his game again. Then none of us will want him to leave. He's a tricky wee man!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Second Striker talk gone quiet on 11:51 - Aug 3 with 5773 viewsLaudrupFan

Second Striker talk gone quiet on 11:48 - Aug 3 by Catullus

Donelly has impressed in pre season. He may get a chance in cups.

I think Laudrup is just waiting now, to see who becomes available on loan and/or to see if anybody needs money so drops their asking price to something we'd consider acceptable.
I don't see Ince as a possible. Too expensive for what he is.
Dyer looked a bit more lively Thursday. Maybe he'll raise his game again. Then none of us will want him to leave. He's a tricky wee man!!

I agree.

But about Ince. How long does he have left on his contract? I was thinking maybe Blackpool want to get rid in this window to cash in before it's too late?

If Dyer does not renew his contract soon, I would understand he was sold to another club. Not renewing is like saying he does not want to stay.

Poll: Are any further transfers needed in this window?

Second Striker talk gone quiet on 11:55 - Aug 3 with 5742 viewsCatullus

I agree with the not renewing part. Make him a reasonable offer and give him a time frame to think about it or renegotiate. If we can't agree, sell him. The club must always come first.
But I'd still love to see him stay and get back to past glories!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Second Striker talk gone quiet on 11:58 - Aug 3 with 5725 viewsmonmouth

ML said in his post match interview he expected one more. When things calm down I expect him to pick the best of what's left, probably on loan. I suspect It'll have to be someone who's happy with splinters in his arse though. I'm as relaxed as can be with what we have. Even my old dad (91) who took me to my first match in 1969 but doesn't really have much interest watched us on thursday and, for just about the first time I can remember, phoned me up to just say, 'F**k a Duck, what was that, Real f***ing Swansea'!!.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Second Striker talk gone quiet on 11:59 - Aug 3 with 5715 viewsKingTuck

Bring back shecter
Second Striker talk gone quiet on 12:00 - Aug 3 with 5707 viewsdameedna

1 Bony
2 Michu
3 Donnelly

for an extra striker if Michu or Bony or Donelly are not around I already have my eye on a midfielder and up front either Sheley or Pozuela

i think Huw will wait and start the season
Second Striker talk gone quiet on 12:02 - Aug 3 with 5700 viewsairedale

Second Striker talk gone quiet on 11:59 - Aug 3 by KingTuck

Bring back shecter

Yeah, and Shefki Kuqi as well.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2013 12:02]
Second Striker talk gone quiet on 12:41 - Aug 3 with 5595 viewsmikraswan

Pozuelo could be an option too. He played as a striker in his early career: as a false 9...

Success is temporary - loyalty is forever...

Second Striker talk gone quiet on 17:00 - Aug 3 with 5368 viewsCaptain

My guess is he's waiting on other teams to sort themselves out. Possibly after a striker on loan from a club that's going through managerial changes? Then once we know who's available, we can go for them. As someone else mentioned maybe it depends on who (if any) leaves our squad, also.

https://www.facebook.com/canadianswans A facebook page for Swansea City fans in Canada. Please like, share and spread the word!

Second Striker talk gone quiet on 17:12 - Aug 3 with 5315 viewsAtleticoAbertawe

Second Striker talk gone quiet on 17:00 - Aug 3 by Captain

My guess is he's waiting on other teams to sort themselves out. Possibly after a striker on loan from a club that's going through managerial changes? Then once we know who's available, we can go for them. As someone else mentioned maybe it depends on who (if any) leaves our squad, also.

I think this is the case, Laudrup said something about waiting for big clubs to finalise their squads and seeing who becomes available.

"If you bring in £80, then don’t spend £100. That’s not hard, is it?" - Huw Jenkins 2013

Second Striker talk gone quiet on 17:28 - Aug 3 with 5278 viewsDr_Winston

Second Striker talk gone quiet on 12:00 - Aug 3 by dameedna

1 Bony
2 Michu
3 Donnelly

for an extra striker if Michu or Bony or Donelly are not around I already have my eye on a midfielder and up front either Sheley or Pozuela

i think Huw will wait and start the season

Michu upfront in emergencies only please.

1. Bony
2. Someone else
3. Donnelly

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024