Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New club shop...a little moan 12:36 - Aug 4 with 10067 viewscupidstunt

Yesterday when driving past I went down to have a look at the new store (very nice). My fault I know but forgot to take my season ticket as I didn't intentionally mean to call there.

Went to purchase the new home shirt but was declined discount as no proof of season ticket. Looked on my phone and showed them the email confirmation of proof of purchase, but this was not acceptable. Decided to call over to the ticket office to see if they could help but they have been instructed by the shop manager not to provide proof of purchase to anyone. I wonder why? The club shop missed out on a £50 sale.

Whilst in the ticket office I asked about the availability of Man Utd tickets. I fulfilled all the criteria of points etc, but was told on the system that they have they can't show where the remaining seats that are left are situated. I needed this as I appreciate that there are not two seats available together so wanted them as close as possible together. I was advised to purchase online and that's the best they could do. Club lost out on another £90 sale.

Why is there such a problem with such simple things?
New club shop...a little moan on 12:40 - Aug 4 with 6524 viewsDarran

Well it would be simple thing to purchase the new home shirt with your season ticket next week surely?
Then everyones happy including the club shop who won't have missed out on a £50 sale.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

New club shop...a little moan on 12:47 - Aug 4 with 6470 viewscupidstunt

New club shop...a little moan on 12:40 - Aug 4 by Darran

Well it would be simple thing to purchase the new home shirt with your season ticket next week surely?
Then everyones happy including the club shop who won't have missed out on a £50 sale.

It sure will be. But why make it difficult it the first place? and why instruct the ticket office not to provide proof of purchase?
New club shop...a little moan on 12:49 - Aug 4 with 6448 viewsTim_Harry

I've always found the staff at the ticket office and club shop very helpful and polite. The only time there's ever a problem is when there's awkward customers.
New club shop...a little moan on 12:53 - Aug 4 with 6415 viewsbudegan

I thought Utd had sold out
New club shop...a little moan on 14:06 - Aug 4 with 6253 viewscupidstunt

New club shop...a little moan on 12:49 - Aug 4 by Tim_Harry

I've always found the staff at the ticket office and club shop very helpful and polite. The only time there's ever a problem is when there's awkward customers.

So what was awkward?
New club shop...a little moan on 14:34 - Aug 4 with 6176 viewsSpratty

New club shop...a little moan on 14:06 - Aug 4 by cupidstunt

So what was awkward?

Expecting a logical solution to a simple problem
New club shop...a little moan on 16:37 - Aug 4 with 5942 viewsyogibear_412

New club shop...a little moan on 14:34 - Aug 4 by Spratty

Expecting a logical solution to a simple problem

Sounded like you have plenty of evidence to suggest you were a season ticket holder! When I went up to Cwmdu the first day it opened they were fine with people using last seasons season ticket info. (not everyone would have re-newed)

Like most establishments they just make the rules up as they go along. Surely its in their interests to keep season ticket holders happy!
New club shop...a little moan on 16:40 - Aug 4 with 5930 viewsJackfath

New club shop...a little moan on 14:06 - Aug 4 by cupidstunt

So what was awkward?

You could have received an email fro a genuine ST holder and been trying to rip the club off. Now if you had heard of this happening, how would you feel?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Login to get fewer ads

New club shop...a little moan on 17:25 - Aug 4 with 5824 viewsAndy1300

New club shop...a little moan on 16:40 - Aug 4 by Jackfath

You could have received an email fro a genuine ST holder and been trying to rip the club off. Now if you had heard of this happening, how would you feel?

FFS....the sender of the email would surely have been Swansea City FC , not a mate of his.....

I bought a new shirt at Cwmdu last week with my confirmation email no problem.

This club really need to sort their act out

Number 1 team in Wales

New club shop...a little moan on 17:27 - Aug 4 with 5817 viewsJackfath

New club shop...a little moan on 17:25 - Aug 4 by Andy1300

FFS....the sender of the email would surely have been Swansea City FC , not a mate of his.....

I bought a new shirt at Cwmdu last week with my confirmation email no problem.

This club really need to sort their act out

Quite easy to alter an email isn't it? Perhaps they have had a glut of people trying to rip the club off and need to cut down on it?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

New club shop...a little moan on 17:33 - Aug 4 with 5798 viewsAndy1300

New club shop...a little moan on 17:27 - Aug 4 by Jackfath

Quite easy to alter an email isn't it? Perhaps they have had a glut of people trying to rip the club off and need to cut down on it?

For them to tell the ticket office not to give confirmation is awful

Number 1 team in Wales

New club shop...a little moan on 17:35 - Aug 4 with 5790 viewscupidstunt

I had a confirmation email. I even went into the ticket office and asked them just to print off a slip to say that they had received almost a £1,000 for two season tickets but they refused to do so as they had been instructed by the shop manager that they were not allowed to do so.

The shop is next door to the ticket office. Surely it's not that difficult to produce a slip or proof that we were season ticket holders?
New club shop...a little moan on 17:36 - Aug 4 with 5784 viewsJackfath

New club shop...a little moan on 17:33 - Aug 4 by Andy1300

For them to tell the ticket office not to give confirmation is awful

Perhaps they have more important things to do than print off letters confirming people are season ticket holders? Like sorting out people in queues outside the shop or on the phones. Whatever they do people moan. Simple solution here surely is to make sure one has their season ticket card with them when they go down there.

If you don't then accept it when they say you need it. Christ knows it's plastered up enough everywhere down there. Or do some think they deserve special treatment perhaps?

New club shop...a little moan on 17:36 - Aug 4 with 5779 viewsAndy1300

Quite easy to give your mate your season ticket so they can go and get discount

Number 1 team in Wales

New club shop...a little moan on 17:39 - Aug 4 with 5764 viewsJackfath

New club shop...a little moan on 17:36 - Aug 4 by Andy1300

Quite easy to give your mate your season ticket so they can go and get discount

Which further reinforces my point of making sure you have your ST on you always.

New club shop...a little moan on 17:41 - Aug 4 with 5758 viewsJackfath

This all reminds me of an old sign which used to appear in various establishments.

"Please do not ask for credit as refusal often offends"

New club shop...a little moan on 17:45 - Aug 4 with 5750 viewscupidstunt

I didn't moan, pick or shout and perform, just think that as a club we should be encouraging sales not putting people off.

As I said, yesterday I would have spent over £140 . I came away without spending a single pound.
New club shop...a little moan on 17:47 - Aug 4 with 5743 viewsJackfath

New club shop...a little moan on 17:45 - Aug 4 by cupidstunt

I didn't moan, pick or shout and perform, just think that as a club we should be encouraging sales not putting people off.

As I said, yesterday I would have spent over £140 . I came away without spending a single pound.

If you had your season ticket, you would have spent it. I am sure you will go back and spend it. So, in conclusion, who exactly has lost out here?

New club shop...a little moan on 17:49 - Aug 4 with 5735 viewsAndy1300

New club shop...a little moan on 17:39 - Aug 4 by Jackfath

Which further reinforces my point of making sure you have your ST on you always.

Why would you carry a season ticket everywhere you go?

Number 1 team in Wales

New club shop...a little moan on 17:50 - Aug 4 with 5731 viewscupidstunt

New club shop...a little moan on 17:47 - Aug 4 by Jackfath

If you had your season ticket, you would have spent it. I am sure you will go back and spend it. So, in conclusion, who exactly has lost out here?

And what about the tickets then?
New club shop...a little moan on 17:51 - Aug 4 with 5726 viewsJackfath

New club shop...a little moan on 17:49 - Aug 4 by Andy1300

Why would you carry a season ticket everywhere you go?

In case you happen to end up there like the original poster did when he was out and about.

New club shop...a little moan on 17:52 - Aug 4 with 5719 viewsJackfath

New club shop...a little moan on 17:50 - Aug 4 by cupidstunt

And what about the tickets then?

What about them? If you go back and there are none left, you'll certainly remember it next time. If there are some left you'll buy them.

New club shop...a little moan on 17:55 - Aug 4 with 5706 viewscupidstunt

New club shop...a little moan on 17:52 - Aug 4 by Jackfath

What about them? If you go back and there are none left, you'll certainly remember it next time. If there are some left you'll buy them.

What are you on about? Obviously you haven't read the original post.
New club shop...a little moan on 17:57 - Aug 4 with 5701 viewsJackfath

New club shop...a little moan on 17:55 - Aug 4 by cupidstunt

What are you on about? Obviously you haven't read the original post.

So did you buy them online? Do you think the club will miss out on a sale for those tickets?

New club shop...a little moan on 17:59 - Aug 4 with 5696 viewscupidstunt

New club shop...a little moan on 17:57 - Aug 4 by Jackfath

So did you buy them online? Do you think the club will miss out on a sale for those tickets?

No I didn't buy them online. No they won't miss out on this match. But they could well miss out on many other matches.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024