Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
4 drinks per person at the bar 13:12 - Aug 20 with 3598 viewsFlashberryjack

Since the Liberty opened, about 8 of us grab a swift pint at half time(East stand).
One of us goes to the bar early and gets the round in, but Saturday we were unable to do this, as we were restricted to 4 items per person.

Anyone see the logic in this?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

4 drinks per person at the bar on 13:28 - Aug 20 with 3502 viewsSwanjaxs

Apparently there was a shortage of booze, run out of bitter before the kick off by all accounts

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

4 drinks per person at the bar on 13:44 - Aug 20 with 3432 viewsSwanzay

Why anyone drinks or eats the overpriced rubbish served up on the concourse is beyond me.
4 drinks per person at the bar on 13:45 - Aug 20 with 3427 viewsDyfnant

No logic, the place is run by morons

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

4 drinks per person at the bar on 14:03 - Aug 20 with 3373 viewsFlashberryjack

4 drinks per person at the bar on 13:28 - Aug 20 by Swanjaxs

Apparently there was a shortage of booze, run out of bitter before the kick off by all accounts

Proper designed sign behind the bar suggests it is a policy rather than shortage of beer.
But you may be right - odering sufficient beer for one of the biggest games and biggest crowds of the season might be a little to much for the managment down there.
Perhaps they should have a word with the manager of the club shop, they always order sufficient stock.

Hello

4 drinks per person at the bar on 14:54 - Aug 20 with 3257 viewsJackhero

As far as I have been aware it has always been 4 pints per customer in the Liberty. I'm in the West stand so I guess we don't need more than that anyway. .

Anyway after Saturday I have come the the decision to now not bother with the traditional half time pint. £3.50 for swill is just too much. Plus the staff were not ready to serve, you would think they would have pre-pulled as many pints as possible to deal with the half time rush, It happens every game half time! I think somebody should have figured this out by now.

My best experience so far of an away day pint and food with good service has been Wigan a few years ago. That's how it is done Swansea, take note!

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

4 drinks per person at the bar on 15:33 - Aug 20 with 3182 viewsIce_Tea

The "beer" is foul and way over priced. At the Amex stadium you can buy "Real Ale". And before any one mentions "Ginger Beers", yes I know its in Brighton, and what that means!
4 drinks per person at the bar on 15:56 - Aug 20 with 3132 viewsswanny

Trusty hip flask! It's the way forward.

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

4 drinks per person at the bar on 16:00 - Aug 20 with 3121 viewsFlashberryjack

4 drinks per person at the bar on 15:56 - Aug 20 by swanny

If the stewards see you - it wont be the way forward more like the way out.

Hello

Login to get fewer ads

4 drinks per person at the bar on 16:05 - Aug 20 with 3104 viewsWinchWenJack

4 drinks per person at the bar on 14:54 - Aug 20 by Jackhero

As far as I have been aware it has always been 4 pints per customer in the Liberty. I'm in the West stand so I guess we don't need more than that anyway. .

Anyway after Saturday I have come the the decision to now not bother with the traditional half time pint. £3.50 for swill is just too much. Plus the staff were not ready to serve, you would think they would have pre-pulled as many pints as possible to deal with the half time rush, It happens every game half time! I think somebody should have figured this out by now.

My best experience so far of an away day pint and food with good service has been Wigan a few years ago. That's how it is done Swansea, take note!

Not likely to be waiting long either.

''You're gonna meet some strangers. Welcome to the zoo. Bitter disappointments. Except for one or two. Some of them are angry. Some of them are mean. Most of them are twisted. Few of them are clean.'' 'tans initial phonecall to Solskjaer.

4 drinks per person at the bar on 16:07 - Aug 20 with 3095 viewsWinchWenJack

4 drinks per person at the bar on 14:03 - Aug 20 by Flashberryjack

Proper designed sign behind the bar suggests it is a policy rather than shortage of beer.
But you may be right - odering sufficient beer for one of the biggest games and biggest crowds of the season might be a little to much for the managment down there.
Perhaps they should have a word with the manager of the club shop, they always order sufficient stock.

It's only the away crowd that differs at the Liberty!

''You're gonna meet some strangers. Welcome to the zoo. Bitter disappointments. Except for one or two. Some of them are angry. Some of them are mean. Most of them are twisted. Few of them are clean.'' 'tans initial phonecall to Solskjaer.

4 drinks per person at the bar on 16:25 - Aug 20 with 3071 viewsjackharris

4 drinks per person at the bar on 13:28 - Aug 20 by Swanjaxs

The weather was a huge factor in this with people getting into the ground early to avoid the heavy rain.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

4 drinks per person at the bar on 17:43 - Aug 20 with 2969 viewsswanny

never been copped yet ;)

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

4 drinks per person at the bar on 18:22 - Aug 20 with 2876 viewsIce_Tea

4 drinks per person at the bar on 15:56 - Aug 20 by swanny

Same here. Nice single malt or a blend like Chivas Regal, and scrounge some plastic cups at half time.
4 drinks per person at the bar on 18:30 - Aug 20 with 2861 viewsFlashberryjack

4 drinks per person at the bar on 18:22 - Aug 20 by Ice_Tea

Same here. Nice single malt or a blend like Chivas Regal, and scrounge some plastic cups at half time.

Only 4 plastic cups per person mind.

Hello

4 drinks per person at the bar on 18:51 - Aug 20 with 2826 viewsalltjack

4 drinks per person at the bar on 18:22 - Aug 20 by Ice_Tea

Chivas Regal now thats a whisky
4 drinks per person at the bar on 18:54 - Aug 20 with 2812 viewsOldjack

The Tawe is very low atm

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

4 drinks per person at the bar on 19:18 - Aug 20 with 2775 viewsbrightonjack

4 drinks per person at the bar on 15:33 - Aug 20 by Ice_Tea

The "beer" is foul and way over priced. At the Amex stadium you can buy "Real Ale". And before any one mentions "Ginger Beers", yes I know its in Brighton, and what that means!

At the Amex there's Harveys (probably the best Sussex ale) for the home fans. For the away fans they usually bring in a beer local to the visiting club. They still always run out of the stuff though.
4 drinks per person at the bar on 01:04 - Aug 21 with 2493 viewsIce_Tea

4 drinks per person at the bar on 19:18 - Aug 20 by brightonjack

At the Amex there's Harveys (probably the best Sussex ale) for the home fans. For the away fans they usually bring in a beer local to the visiting club. They still always run out of the stuff though.

Now thats the way to do it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024